Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

Lapsed Fan

The last time I recommended someone listen to Lapsed Fan they came back to me shellshocked at the sight of a 7.5 hour PPV recap podcast

Even as a fan it is hard to explain how WCW Uncensored 95 warrants 6 hours 45 mins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

The last time I recommended someone listen to Lapsed Fan they came back to me shellshocked at the sight of a 7.5 hour PPV recap podcast

Even as a fan it is hard to explain how WCW Uncensored 95 warrants 6 hours 45 mins

Hey it takes a long time to have a circle jerk about how funny you are and how much completely unrelated poo poo you can remember.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

If you don't love listening to a 45 minute story about Virgil and meat sauce, and 20 Vince impressions per hour, then we can't be friends anymore

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
While we're discussing bizarre/controversial opinions and wrestling podcasts I have to recommfeaturing Jesse Ventura exposing the sleazy underbelly of Minnesota pay to play politics

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Looks like OSW Review was deleted from YouTube.

https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/783729735792820224

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
RIP Pisscast

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
RIP 10 Count

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rip memecast

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

RIP Test

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Son of Man posted:

While we're discussing bizarre/controversial opinions and wrestling podcasts I have to recommfeaturing Jesse Ventura exposing the sleazy underbelly of Minnesota pay to play politics

Either you forgot to actually mention the podcast name.... or they already got to you! :tinfoil:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jubs posted:

RIP 10 Count

Hulk & Oats - still alive!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RIP RIP Hulk & Oats

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I've only listened to one of them but even just reading the descriptions of Nigel's Unconventional Life is enough.

"Monologue about the girls I'm not having a baby with, for now at least, and the craziness going on outside of my dating/parenting life."

"Monologue about Rachel and I deciding not to move forward as parenting partners, and the coincidental renewed interest from other potential partners. 

Interview with Matt Sydal, great pro wrestler and friend, with insights into plant based medicine and a close shave with being a parent."

"
Monologue about my continuing celibacy, doubts about moving forward so soon with Rachel and reclaiming my masculinity.

Second interview with one of my favorite people in wrestling or outside of it for that matter, Bobby Fish. "

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Cardboard Box posted:

i don't know about bogus because it'd be a weird thing to lie about but there are definitely some unanswered questions, like why nobody notified aaa when the incident happened. its just weird.

Remember when Alberto didnt' want to Bust for Autism so he made it seem like he was kidnapped or something?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
We got a DAVE MELTZER AB UPDATE.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Hulk & Oats - still alive!

Please stop making up podcasts.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

MassRafTer posted:

Spoiler: They're not divine

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

MassRafTer posted:

This one had me rolling. Saying they needed to pray to get abs this good, amazing.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

You gotta try to have abs

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I know what the good podcasts are, but what are people's opinion and their top 5 bad podcasts? I'd love to know.

Russo's doesn't count he's in another dimension.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The LAW is the only bad wrestling podcast I listen to and I just listen to it once a year after Wrestlemania.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

90% of what MLW Radio puts out

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Tazz's show is every local blowhard sports talk radio guy but about wrestling

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Cheap Heat was never terribly popular around here but it's actually gotten a lot worse since Shoemaker left.

LAW has its moments, but their NXT podcast is terrible. Agnew is completely unbearable without the radio format keeping him on point.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Anything with Vincent Verhei in it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

coco's top 5 worst podcasts, as voted by coco:
Marty and Sarah doing gently caress marry kill
Nigel's overshare hour.
Jim Ross slowly losing his mind in an Oklahoma radio studio
Smart Wrestling Fan
sober Ric Flair episodes.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

AMReese posted:

Anything with Vincent Verhei in it

Have you heard hooked on phonics?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Delsaber posted:

Cheap Heat was never terribly popular around here but it's actually gotten a lot worse since Shoemaker left.

LAW has its moments, but their NXT podcast is terrible. Agnew is completely unbearable without the radio format keeping him on point.

I think Cheap Heat has gotten better with the addition of The Brian Campbell. Plus Rosenberg now makes an effort to actually watch the shows and give criticism about it.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
Do people consider Jon and Wai's shows bad? I think they are outstanding.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

uncleKitchener posted:

I know what the good podcasts are, but what are people's opinion and their top 5 bad podcasts? I'd love to know.

Russo's doesn't count he's in another dimension.

Wrestling Weekly.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

81sidewinder posted:

A few years back I hate-listened because Wai was awful. I should hope he's gotten better.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i havent listened to jon and wai in like three years but is wai still exhausted every day and dissatisfied with his life and uninterested in wrestling because i totally get it and he seems likable enough but it doesnt make for good listening

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I usually

81sidewinder posted:

The only thing I remember from any of his interviews is him talking about drinking coffee.

I like Konnan but Disco is on his podcast and I can't stand Disco. Or at least he was on the first few episodes.

Jim Cornette talking about wrestling is great. Jim Cornette talking about politics is awful.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Super No Vacancy posted:

i havent listened to jon and wai in like three years but is wai still exhausted every day and dissatisfied with his life and uninterested in wrestling because i totally get it and he seems likable enough but it doesnt make for good listening

every time i listen to it (once every six months maybe), yes.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I tried watching Review-A-Raw for a while but I kept falling asleep or close to it because they're so monotone and low-energy that it's difficult. That and John's snide remarks, nit-picking, and forgetfulness were getting on my nerves.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
it's probably the most boring of the professional grade podcasts

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Meltzer: He's got a drinking problem and he wants to fight people. That's not necessarily a good thing.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Not sure why you all are bringing up John and Wai in this forum, they're a Blue Jays podcast now.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Peak Dave today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
John and Wai's best stuff was their Impact reviews cause Wai would actually be entertaining by trying to come up with explanations for all the poo poo that made no sense. I'll still listen too Review-a-Wai though if I'm interested in what they're reviewing.

• Locked thread