Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

AnonSpore posted:

I translated that one

Oh really? Didn't know that. Thanks! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

AnonSpore posted:

I translated that one

TY

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean, I would be happy for them to get together soon as well, but I also enjoy the characters and non romance stuff enough that it's not a huge issue. I think it'll go another couple arcs (childhood, then misuzu arc) before culminating in them getting together.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I'd be fine with Tomo realizing that Jun is kind of an idiot and dropping his rear end and the comic turning into Teppu.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

It's My Life, retired knight captain takes in tiny orphan witch girl and they have adventures.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Thanks! Read that one awhile ago and have been trying to find it again.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kyoujin posted:

Thanks! Read that one awhile ago and have been trying to find it again.

BRING YOUR DAUGHTER

TO THE SLAUGHTER

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Uratarou

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Chimamire Sukeban Chainsaw

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a one-shot about a girl with a monster face by Inio Asano

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Bakemono-Recchan/Ch-000--Monster-Girl-Recchan?id=258494

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

JordanKai posted:

The Promised Neverland

This is one of the three new series running in WSJ that Viz picked up for translation immediately. It's by far the best of the three, in my opinion. The artist also posts cool art on their twitter account regularly.

It's a neat series, easily the "darling" of the new WSJ alpha series (though you won't hear me badmouthing Love Rush which has a Love Triangle in which I'm not immediately gunning for one girl (or, more accurately, not Chitoge) or Red Sprite which, beyond being a marked improvement on Iron Knight, has grappler ships so I'm contractually obligated to love it) and a pretty unique WSJ comic but I really want to see what's going on outside the orphanage and I'm deathly afraid that setting will out stay its welcome and Neverland's strong first chapter ranking (4th iirc) will slide off pdq meaning it'll end before we get to that point.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 1, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

For a second I thought those two girls in the first panel were conjoined and you were just leaving out the part where everyone's a weird freak.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Inio Asano, you bastard. Always making me feel weird feelings.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

This was fantastic. Thank you.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Don't bother reading this. The main character just rapes a girl in like the sixth chapter. Don't worry, she totally likes it.

Garbage.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sukeban chainsaw is cool, because the art is good and it's trashy like a grindhouse movie. but i won't force anybody to read or like it, so that's cool too

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This was interesting but I feel like it needs a follow-up chapter or something.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Onideka, about a girl who is struck by lightning one day and becomes huge, and has to fight giant monsters like a schoolgirl ultraman. There's basically zero fanservice which is rather unexpected given the premise.
https://kissmanga.com/Manga/Onideka

this is one of the monsters, in Akihabara of course

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

There's basically zero fanservice which is rather unexpected given the premise.

You're supposed to convince me to read

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

JordanKai posted:

The Promised Neverland

This is one of the three new series running in WSJ that Viz picked up for translation immediately. It's by far the best of the three, in my opinion. The artist also posts cool art on their twitter account regularly.
It definitely has the most distinct style of all the new series.

It really seems like it should be a seinen series however.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Namtab posted:

You're supposed to convince me to read

Don't worry namtab. I'm sure we'll get a copycat comic that's just 90% giantess upskirt soon enough. If there's one thing we can count on in this medium it's that.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
One shot about a suicidal kid and a zombie that tries to stop him.
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/The-Zombie-Maria

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Homunculus

A homeless guy got his skull drilled into for money. The idiot died, the end.

Fair warning though, the manga can get graphic and frankly quite sick at times, though on the flip side it's kinda refreshing to have a story about "deep dark recesses of human mind" that don't shy from actually depicting those. Might also be a bit Psychology 101 for some, which I guess is a completely fair assessment.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

blizzardvizard posted:

Homunculus

A homeless guy got his skull drilled into for money. The idiot died, the end.

Just started this and finished the second volume, it's great so far. I hope the quality keeps up!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Hellsau posted:

I'd be fine with Tomo realizing that Jun is kind of an idiot and dropping his rear end and the comic turning into Teppu.

Speaking of which, Teppu's over, and I finished it.

It's good. The ending is kind of hard to quantify because it is basically perfect for the series but also not a 'good ending' per say.

But the protagonist is basically the villain in a normal manga, so hey. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Teppu wasn't supposed to end there, but the author's health was getting so bad that they decided to finish it there.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Krunge posted:

Just started this and finished the second volume, it's great so far. I hope the quality keeps up!

Holy poo poo I ended up binging Homunculus and it is so wonderfully hosed up.

If you all want to read something really hosed up but also good, read this.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Teppu wasn't supposed to end there, but the author's health was getting so bad that they decided to finish it there.

Oh, that's pretty sad. :smith:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Captain Invictus posted:

gently caress, it all makes sense now :negative:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

As sad as that is, that ending was absolutely fantastic to me. Something about it has just stuck with me. One hell of a read.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Also from things I've finally read that I was suggested to read by this thread: Ratman is so good, guys.

MattTheDoctor posted:

As sad as that is, that ending was absolutely fantastic to me. Something about it has just stuck with me. One hell of a read.

It's a pretty good ending for the series, I agree. The way she basically walks away having learned absolutely nothing at all is so fitting.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

Also from things I've finally read that I was suggested to read by this thread: Ratman is so good, guys.

When I tried reading Ratman, the translation after like six chapters became nearly unreadable. Was there another group that picked it up and redid it, or an official translation?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Hellsau posted:

When I tried reading Ratman, the translation after like six chapters became nearly unreadable. Was there another group that picked it up and redid it, or an official translation?

Both, the second team had a lot of character but the official release was solid. Just wish it had an anime release and ended less abruptly.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
The Dragon's School is on The Top of The Mountain

Back in May, the woman behind Delicious Dungeon put out another anthology, and as with all her work, it's fantastic.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Squidster posted:

The Dragon's School is on The Top of The Mountain

Back in May, the woman behind Delicious Dungeon put out another anthology, and as with all her work, it's fantastic.

For clarification, this was put out in 2011 and is basically her earliest published works. The translation (of the chapters that are out) is what happened in May this year.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

z0glin Warchief posted:

For clarification, this was put out in 2011 and is basically her earliest published works. The translation (of the chapters that are out) is what happened in May this year.
Ah, I didn't know that. I stand by my assertion that it is fantastic, and I hope someone translates the rest of it soon!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Kortel posted:

Both, the second team had a lot of character but the official release was solid. Just wish it had an anime release and ended less abruptly.

Yeah the last 10-20 chapters were uh, weird.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Blood Spookydude posted:

Kuro's good.

If you're not already reading it, DON'T.

Wait until it's finished.

Series seems to have finished; also it never stops ramping up the batshit meter.

Okay, those were dreams but this critical miss isn't: part1 part2

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Takahashi-san is listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

silentsnack posted:

Series seems to have finished; also it never stops ramping up the batshit meter.

Okay, those were dreams but this critical miss isn't: part1 part2

Kuro is really good.

• Locked thread