Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Mister Adequate posted:

Criticism of the country implies it isn't already perfect and the greatest country to ever exist, ergo anyone doing so hates America down to the last slice of apple pie.

Unless their name is Donald Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Dexo posted:

Wait did this election break Glenn Beck?

Seems to have. Check out this blog from him about the Facebook "censorship" scandal from earlier this year and his calling out of the hypocrisy of his fellow right-wing mediaites in the solutions they were proposing.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mr.Radar posted:

Seems to have. Check out this article from him about the Facebook "censorship" scandal from earlier this year and his calling out of the hypocrisy of his fellow right-wing mediaites in the solutions they were proposing.
Considering all the breitbart headlines about bullshit I see on that dumb platform lately, I believe they accomplished their actual goal quite nicely.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Mister Adequate posted:

Criticism of the country implies it isn't already perfect and the greatest country to ever exist, ergo anyone doing so hates America down to the last slice of apple pie.

Unless the target is a democrat, benefits a minority, or suggests limiting guns. In which case it's the highest tyranny that must be battled forever.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is this Fox News' attempt to be The Daily Show and failing spectacularly at it?

No, that was The Half Hour News Hour. It's as bad as you think. This is just standard idiocy from FNC.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

What's next, the flapping dickey?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Just saw since highlights of Mike Pence pretending to take the high road in the debate and perhaps it is too late for that for their campaign??

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/allysheedy1/status/783790826967138304

:3: Locking that bratpack vote

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

pacerhimself posted:

Just saw since highlights of Mike Pence pretending to take the high road in the debate and perhaps it is too late for that for their campaign??

Wow. Another barrage from the Clinton's campaign of insults. I'm.... I'm speechless.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

duz posted:

No, that was The Half Hour News Hour. It's as bad as you think. This is just standard idiocy from FNC.

i had blocked that out of my memory you motherfucker

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Most recent poll of Maines second district shows an 8 point swing for Hillary +4

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

duz posted:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/783795973696974848

cc: #thatmexicanthing

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Why does conservative "humor" always come off as just spewing horrible spite followed by "just kidding"?

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Geostomp posted:

Why does conservative "humor" always come off as just spewing horrible spite followed by "just kidding"?

"just kidding" is the joke.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

maybe kaine's entire plan was to make pence feel so comfortable in his victory that he said something immensely stupid right at the very end.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Endorph posted:

maybe kaine's entire plan was to make pence feel so comfortable in his victory that he said something immensely stupid right at the very end.

It's pretty clear his orders (or maybe his personal strategy) were 'get some poo poo for attack ads because no-one will remember the actual debate' I just wish he'd done a little better at the debate part himself.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SirFozzie posted:

I'm honestly surprised that no one has made the "Petri dishes out another take on the VP Debate" joke....

But then again, that's why I got my nickname Fozzie

twitter.com/petridishes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Night10194 posted:

It's pretty clear his orders (or maybe his personal strategy) were 'get some poo poo for attack ads because no-one will remember the actual debate' I just wish he'd done a little better at the debate part himself.
dude if 'that mexican thing' is what led to this swing and it stays like this kaine could have shat directly into his own mouth live on television and it would have been worth it

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Endorph posted:

dude if 'that mexican thing' is what led to this swing and it stays like this kaine could have shat directly into his own mouth live on television and it would have been worth it

This is also true.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Ending on "Why don't you trust American women to make their own choices?" was pretty strong, I thought. Pence really didn't have an answer for that.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Who are the least awful Republicans now?

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

none, the state level ones who seem "reasonable" are only putting on a facade because they'd be totally unelectable

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Richie Incognito being a Trump supporter is hilarious and expected. Who would have guessed an idiot kicked off a team for bullying wants an idiot bully as president.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Maybe Susan Collins?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I really enjoyed this part from last night. It makes me laugh.

quote:

KAINE: Donald Trump can't start a Twitter war with Miss Universe without shooting himself in the foot. Donald Trump doesn't have a plan. He said, "I have a secret plan," and then he said, "Um, I know more than all the generals about ISIL." And then he said, "I'm going to call the generals to help me figure out a plan." And finally he said, "I'm going to fire all the generals." He doesn't have a plan.

But he does have dangerous ideas. Here's four.
He trash talks the military. The military is a disaster, John McCain's no hero, the generals need all to be fired, and I know more than them. He wants to tear up alliances. NATO is obsolete, and we'll only work together with Israel if they pay "big league."

Third, he loves dictators. He's got kind of a personal Mount Rushmore, Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-un, Moammar Gadhafi...

PENCE: Oh, please. Come on.

KAINE: ... and Saddam Hussein. And last and most dangerously, Donald Trump believes -- Donald Trump believes that the world will be safer if more nations have nuclear weapons. He's said Saudi Arabia should get them, Japan should get them, Korea should get them. And when he was confronted with this, and told, wait a minute, terrorists could get those, proliferation could lead to nuclear war, here's what Donald Trump said, and I quote: "Go ahead, folks, enjoy yourselves."

I'd love to hear Governor Pence tell me what's so enjoyable or comical about nuclear war.

QUIJANO: Governor Pence?

PENCE: Did you work on that one a long time? Because that had a lot of really creative lines in it.

KAINE: Well, I'm going to see if you can defend any of it.

PENCE: Well, look, I can defend -- I -- I -- I can -- I (*Doesn't defend any of it) I can make very clear to the American people, after traveling millions of miles as our secretary of state, after being the architect of the foreign policy of this administration, America is less safe today than it was the day that Barack Obama became president of the United States. It's absolutely inarguable.

Istvun posted:

"just kidding" is the joke.
:psyboom: never thought about it like that...

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Susan Collins, maybe?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

overdesigned posted:

I look forward to the news cycle oscillating between "horse race" and "blood in the water" on an hourly basis.

Maybe theý can go with a train wreck filled with horses?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Corpses. All the good ones died 50-60 years ago.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Retired ones?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
So was Kaine's mission to get a soundbite out of Pence or what?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Nixon, Reagan, Scalia, Eisenhower, Lincoln... I'm sure you can see the pattern here.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jeff Flake.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

A Winner is Jew posted:

Nixon, Reagan, Scalia, Eisenhower, Lincoln... I'm sure you can see the pattern here.

Taft did some good stuff, so did Teddy Roosevelt.

When did things start getting so bad for them? Was it the Southern Strategy that caused it? I feel like it was the Southern Strategy.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Once upon a time I would have said Jon Huntsman...

...but apparently he is voting for Trump. :negative:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

A Winner is Jew posted:

I am fairly confident that Reagan and Scalia, at least, are still horrible.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Retired ones?

My first thought was Supreme Court Justice Souter. But of course, he's retired.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I am fairly confident that Reagan and Scalia, at least, are still horrible.

the joke is that they're all dead

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

sweet geek swag posted:

Corpses. All the good ones died 50-60 years ago.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Retired ones?

Pretty much. All the current crop don't realize that the racism and beating the war drum and such is supposed to be a smoke-screen. They were raised surrounded by the smoke-screen of horribleness and believe they really should be that vile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

A Winner is Jew posted:

the joke is that they're all dead

the corpses of Reagan and Scalia are still infected with the horribleness though

• Locked thread