Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/783744623977955329

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

MikeJF posted:

Astonished it took that long, given it's a franchise flagship.

This November is the 20th anniversary of First Contact. Might be why.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Any goons aflicted by the patch need to get into position for a bridge of death sequel.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Hey folks, I played this when it first came out for about a month or two, looking to get back into it. I started an account on the wiki as Phanatic and I'm in-game as Dangleberry. Can I get access to the wiki and the chat?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Phanatic posted:

Hey folks, I played this when it first came out for about a month or two, looking to get back into it. I started an account on the wiki as Phanatic and I'm in-game as Dangleberry. Can I get access to the wiki and the chat?

I sent you an invite to the channel .

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

hakimashou posted:

I sent you an invite to the channel .

Hrm, thanks. But if I type /channel_join TheNextGooneration it tells me I have insufficient permissions.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Phanatic posted:

Hrm, thanks. But if I type /channel_join TheNextGooneration it tells me I have insufficient permissions.

[System] @DangleBerry is already invited to "TheNextGooneration".

Is your name Something@Dangleberry or Dangleberry@something?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

hakimashou posted:

[System] @DangleBerry is already invited to "TheNextGooneration".

Is your name Something@Dangleberry or Dangleberry@something?

Ah, gotcha. Didn't realize it was suffixed. Dangleberry@phanatic1a is the full name.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The're putting a security handin officer in Romulan Command! If they hadn't hosed contra and also the entire game that'd be great!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Phanatic posted:

Ah, gotcha. Didn't realize it was suffixed. Dangleberry@phanatic1a is the full name.

rgr now you're properly invited

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MikeJF posted:

The're putting a security handin officer in Romulan Command! If they hadn't hosed contra and also the entire game that'd be great!

What, not the romulan flotilla?

genghispawn
Aug 17, 2008

Twelve Elves posted:

That's my secret, Aleth. I'm always terrible.

I suppose I'll need an invite to the wiki.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Phanatic posted:

genghispawn posted:

I suppose I'll need an invite to the wiki.

Auth'd for wiki.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

MikeJF posted:

This is great news! (for something that should have been there to begin with :| )

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

The Qo'nos raids all over again.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

Hmm. Is there anything else that new romulus lacks now or is it actually a viable social hub for roms now?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Asimo posted:

Hmm. Is there anything else that new romulus lacks now or is it actually a viable social hub for roms now?
It's missing hostile NPCs to cast confuse on.

BombermanX posted:

The Qo'nos raids all over again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRhEzt2CRc8

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Oct 7, 2016

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

Character and conveniently placed shipyards. It's basically Qu'nos.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Twelve Elves posted:

Character and conveniently placed shipyards. It's basically Qu'nos.

I actually liked New Romulus because everything was very accessible. Though I guess I haven't been there since before Spacedock was revamped.

The Romulan expansion really marked the switch from old crappy launch maps to much better ones with new assets. New .gifs on the wall computers might not sound like much but holy poo poo, you take what you get in STO after a massive content drought like that.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

DancingShade posted:

I actually liked New Romulus because everything was very accessible. Though I guess I haven't been there since before Spacedock was revamped.

The Romulan expansion really marked the switch from old crappy launch maps to much better ones with new assets. New .gifs on the wall computers might not sound like much but holy poo poo, you take what you get in STO after a massive content drought like that.

Yeah look I'm probably being a little harsh about the place. It's a tiny bit annoying having to go downstairs to use the shipyard but that's really the only complaint.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tribble.

Khnial class:

Llaihr class:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
That looks legit nice.

*strokes chin*

I'm guessing it'll be the rommie version of a JJ connie lockbox prize.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

DancingShade posted:

That looks legit nice.

*strokes chin*

I'm guessing it'll be the rommie version of a JJ connie lockbox prize.
Or, you know, T6 Tal'Shiar box.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
We'll know by the bridge shots and the amount of lensflare therein.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lorak posted:

Or, you know, T6 Tal'Shiar box.
Almost certainly this, likely intended for a lockbox re-release on consoles like the Dominion box and later dropped into the infinity box on PC or something.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Aleth posted:

We'll know by the bridge shots and the amount of lensflare therein.

Hah you think they won't just recycle the existing adapted tal shiar bridge?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, Cryptic almost never releases a bridge these days without it having some additional use. Look at how they threw the Kobali bridge, the Iconian bridge, the Nakhul bridge, the Kelvin bridge, and so on into the associated episodes released alongside them.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe we'll finally see a Narada ultra rare box and its bridge with less safety features than that tiny control platform inside the death star superlaser :toot:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
gonna get that T6 adapted BC

genghispawn
Aug 17, 2008

Da Mott Man posted:

Auth'd for wiki.

Still having problems getting in....do I create my own login or use another?

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

genghispawn posted:

Still having problems getting in....do I create my own login or use another?
Your own. Create an account on the wiki and ask for your username to get auth'd.

genghispawn
Aug 17, 2008

fakemirage posted:

Your own. Create an account on the wiki and ask for your username to get auth'd.

Thanks. Registered as ghenghispawn

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Maybe we'll finally see a Narada ultra rare box and its bridge with less safety features than that tiny control platform inside the death star superlaser :toot:

I could very easily see them doing a Kelvin Timeline Romulan patch with the Battlecruiser on the lobi, Destroyer in the box, and Narada in the promo pack.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

genghispawn posted:

Thanks. Registered as ghenghispawn

Auth'd

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
Timberwolf is hosting a "Multiple Sclerosis Society Charity Live Stream!" on twitch.

An interesting tidbit about the donation link he's asking people to share:

https://oddshot.tv/shot/twolf1701/UzoYTnsIYTlBUoZGTSaTsCU6

timberwolf posted:

...because there have been a lot of issues in the past with posting [donation] links in other private channels like the trade channels, or the DPS channels or anything like that. Either people were getting- were getting banned or people were getting trolled or someone clicking on that link, or copy and pasting it, they were getting their account banned. So I prefer if you're sharing it, you're share it with friends... um.... in the privacy of your own fleet or armada chat or Facebook and Twitter, that kind of thing. Just to limit any kind of headache that could happen.
He repeated the same warning a few minutes later.

timberwolf posted:

...some people clicking on links gets their accounts banned for a few days.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got an e-mail this morning about my Star Trek Online Gold subscription being canceled. The thing is though is that I have not played STO in a very long time and I thought the Gold sub was phased out a long time ago when the Arc Games platform took over? There is no sub option to STO anymore I thought?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You can still sub or buy lifetime for some benefits: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7009153

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nothing about a gold subscription though. I think it might have been a glitch in Cryptics e-mail system. The url in the email links to one of their old pages that no longer exist and my account shows no purchase or sub history for this year.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Gold subscription just means subscription.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

• Locked thread