Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

illuminati

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

SyntheticPolygon posted:

he is legitimately convinced that Crazy Murderer President Funny Valentine might just be a better person than him.
johnny truly is a good boy :unsmith:

e: gently caress, reading Break My Heart, Break Your Heart again and Johnny thinking that because Valentine's father loved Funny and George didn't love him, it's proof enough that Johnny truly is a bad person, goddamn dude

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 6, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Archenteron posted:

But he was though????

President Funny Valentine killed my good friend Gyro Zeppeli and is thus a terrible terrible person. Johnny however is a good + cool dude who I respect. Even if he would probably kill a baby if he really wanted to.

Yinlock posted:

i can't believe mountain tim killed gyro

Mountain Tim is too much of a loser to kill Gyro.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmao that people still think Mountain Tim sucks when Araki himself thinks Mountain Tim is cool

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Moltrey posted:

johnny truly is a good boy :unsmith:

e: gently caress, reading Break My Heart, Break Your Heart again and Johnny thinking that because Valentine's father loved Funny and George didn't love him, it's proof enough that Johnny truly is a bad person, goddamn dude

yeah, stuff like that is why poo poo like 'diego actually killed johnny's brother and is the reason behind his weird depression' sounds dumb no matter what. it entirely cheapens the character development in a part that's actually pretty great about it for the most part and comes out on top in the category compared to everything before it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I feel like it adds an agent and a face to big event in Johnny's character where there doesn't need to be one. Like believe what you want about it, you're not wrong, but having Diego be behind it feels entirely unnecessary to me.

Johnny's character arc of learning how to like himself and find happiness in others is masterfully done, and the entire time, it's backed with a loving intense and gripping action story and scored with perfect emotional moments running the spectrum from ruminations on friendship to just silly goofs. Johnny is my favorite JoJo, no question.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

lmao that people still think Mountain Tim sucks when Araki himself thinks Mountain Tim is cool

Araki also thought having a bunch of people hittin on a 14 would be a great addition so I think it's fine to disagree with him on things.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

He actually is a pedo though, not in a way that people are cluctching at straws with Alessi but in an actual way.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

ok but who killed kennedy

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

TWIST FIST posted:

ok but who killed kennedy

You and me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmPe6kpL1x4

David are doing a meme in the preview.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He actually is a pedo though, not in a way that people are cluctching at straws with Alessi but in an actual way.
Very true, but in a Part where the biggest problem is how much everyone wants to gently caress Lucy, its weird that people get on Mountain Tim's case specifically. Equal poo poo to everyone but like Valentine and alternate Diego both try to rape her so seeing how much everyone holds Tim's feet to the fire for wanting to marry her, telling her so and then leaving her alone when she tells him to.

Not that Tim deserves a medal for not trying to rape a 14 year old or he's Actually Noble, he's still a fucko, but hachi machi, there a lot of worse dudes around him

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Because Tim's entire character is "I want to gently caress Lucy". That's all there is to him. Big P and Alternate D, even in the 3 or so chapters he exists, have more depth to them.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
A Speedwagon he fuckin ain't, you got that. What his Stand does looks cool tho, that's some good body horror. lmao at it being called Oh! Lonesome Me! tho

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Also, everyone else who is creepy about Lucy is a villain (not that it makes it better) while Mountain Tim is supposed to be a sympathetic cool dude who has previously helped out our pals Johnny and Gyro. And then he says he loves a 14 year old girl, leaves and dies. So that confession is like his biggest scene and what people remember.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I remember that even horses bow to Mountain Tim....

I remember.....

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Moltrey posted:

e:

e2: wait what the gently caress, johnny and diego are the same age, why does Johnny look like he's seven and Diego looks fully grown

You're looking at it wrong, Diege's not on the horse, he's the kid in front of it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah that's pretty obvious. However Diego looks nearly full grown and wearing his constant SBR outfit while Johnny is a small boy

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny is a filthy little rat where Diego is a proud member of the Brando lineage. A Brando being well built and handsome since day one is not surprising.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Johnny is a filthy little rat where Diego is a proud member of the Brando lineage. A Brando being well built and handsome since day one is not surprising.

what about dario

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Everyone gets old. Except for Dio, who either becomes a vampire or gets killed by the president before he has the chance.

Begemot fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 6, 2016

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

why do you think Dio decided to reject his humanity? he knew what happens to aged Brandos

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Stop calling him Funny! You people are ridiculous!

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Moltrey posted:

Yeah that's pretty obvious. However Diego looks nearly full grown and wearing his constant SBR outfit while Johnny is a small boy

He's barely reaching up to the chest of Johnny's dad, so I'mm not sure where you're getting that from.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Exercu posted:

why do you think Dio decided to reject his humanity? he knew what happens to aged Brandos

what about his fished faced children

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

like i'm pretty sure Dio was more of a fluke of his families genetics than something of an average. hes the the pinnacle of what the brandos could make, its all down hill from Dio

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Dio's kids all look like loving Monster Factory creations except for the guy who could pull memories outta the ground, he was alright lookin.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

giorino doesnt count because of the jojo curse of being fine as hell

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Moltrey posted:

Dio's kids all look like loving Monster Factory creations except for the guy who could pull memories outta the ground, he was alright lookin.

Giorno's stand has a lot of different powers but I don't think that's one of them.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

giorino doesnt count because of the jojo curse of being fine as hell

Well considering that Dio is Jojo from the neck and down, perhaps the real issue is that if you're in the Jojo family line, but not named Jojo, you become ugly as gently caress. (Haruno Shiobana knew that and hurried to change his name to Giorno Giovanna)

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Exercu posted:

Well considering that Dio is Jojo from the neck and down, perhaps the real issue is that if you're in the Jojo family line, but not named Jojo, you become ugly as gently caress. (Haruno Shiobana knew that and hurried to change his name to Giorno Giovanna)

what did you just say about known perfect angel holly kujo

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Translation error, her name is supposed to be Jolly Kujo

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

what did you just say about known perfect angel holly kujo

Holly Kujo, born Joestar

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Exercu posted:

Holly Kujo, born Joestar

Yeah, pretty sure she'd just be "Holly Joestar Kujo"

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Moltrey posted:

I remember that even horses bow to Mountain Tim....

hell, same

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Xad posted:

Yeah, pretty sure she'd just be "Holly Joestar Kujo"

Or JoJoJo

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I think we're missing the most important issue here: check out Diego's Horse Watching Pose

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Yinlock posted:

I think we're missing the most important issue here: check out Diego's Horse Watching Pose

What does that remind me of...

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"Diego just...just try holding horses like a normal person. Please."

"NEVER"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Yinlock posted:

ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ
I mean, he's clearly grabbing part of the reigns of that horse, putting a lotta effort into it tho