Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It's not big or clever to poke fun at ps2 games, they did the best they could with the technology they had at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

flashy_mcflash posted:

at least allow you to use women's hairstyles on men

No that's just how AJ's hair looks.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm going to buy 2k17 because they are the perfect games to play when I get home from work and I just want to do universe mode for an hour or so.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yearly reminder to wait til Black Friday and you'll get it for like $20.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

super macho dude posted:

goddamn it, I just watched a full breakdown of the create a wrestler mode, and now I wanna buy 2k17 for reals this time :smith:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

preordered

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZbYeksOQI Styles' hair doesn't grow physics until the end of his entrance

Odds are its animated like that because his hood getting taken off is special to his entrance so they did physics for that and make the hair stay stationary instead.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
Here's what I don't get-- why don't they have the actual wrestlers themselves pop in for a little bit & do thier own mocap when a tour heads by the 2K offices or something? I mean, Trent Baretta doing New Day dances?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

2K and WWE are separate companies and it probably saves 2K a bit of cash to hire technically graceful indie guys to mocap than contract WWE talent for anything they're not absolutely necessary for.

Being separate from WWE allows 2K to negotiate with and include guys who the WWE doesn't have ongoing relations with (eg Ken Shamrock). It can also lead to problems, like when Foley dropped out of a game over royalties despite (iirc) being under a Legends contract at the time.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
So my background story in my TEW game is kind of a darkest timeline for modern WWE. A whole bunch of stars were talking union including Cena, Roman finds out and blackmails Cena into betraying the union-talkers to Vince. He fires them en masse, but they all sue him successfully for wrongful termination and pool the money they win together to form my company, World Wide Wrestling (probably some legal logic errors there, but whatever). I gave Roman simmering tension with everyone left on the WWE roster to reflect his new snitch status and gave Cena a drinking/soft drug problem for his guilty conscience. Apparently that snowballed and Cena's become enough of a mess that WWE just let his contract expire without offering him a new one.

One strange thing is if you look at their top 100 matches, it's all TV matches. Their highest rated PPV match is Cena vs. Jey Uso from Summerslam at #28 or so.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZbYeksOQI Styles' hair doesn't grow physics until the end of his entrance

Am I crazy or does Nakamura's entrance suddenly just not work the same without an entire building singing along

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Twisted Eye posted:

Am I crazy or does Nakamura's entrance suddenly just not work the same without an entire building singing along
Its not the same but 2k did a pretty good job capturing his mannerisms for alot of his moves.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Twisted Eye posted:

You're right. It's better.

It was cool when people did it occasionally at big shows for Becky or Sami, but god I'm sick of it. It's going to give Roode full-on go-away heat with me.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this game is going to continue looking bad until they drop the ps3/360 versions. also because this series is loving abhorrent.

the only one I play is the 2k14 I think? might be 13. it was the last one on ps3 that had cm punk/goldberg and allowed you to create truly freakish monsters while also letting you put in your own music via usb. creating an 8 ft tall cookie monster and having him come out to Kiss From A Rose was great.

this new one at least looks like it has way better CAW options. I remember 2k15 giving you only like 10 loving hat options, what the gently caress.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Apparently 2k17's CAW system has outfits for Max Moon and Giant Gonzalez. Pre-ordered.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

this game is going to continue looking bad until they drop the ps3/360 versions. also because this series is loving abhorrent.

2k15 and 16 apparently had better graphics, but fewer CAW options.

Basically every iteration of the game, they can improve one thing, but it'll come at the expense of something else. As long as wrestling games are a niche of a niche they're not going to have AAA money to make big advances in everything that needs to be improved.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Do you have to buy the nxt version to get Nakamura day 1?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Rob posted:

Do you have to buy the nxt version to get Nakamura day 1?

Yep. Unless you're getting on the PS3/Xbox360. It's be day one for those systems

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Davros1 posted:

Yep. Unless you're getting on the PS3/Xbox360. It's be day one for those systems

How does this make any sense at all. What if I don't want to spend 100 dollars to get a Finn action figure.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

just wait a few weeks until the nxt dlc comes out.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Maxwell Lord posted:

2k15 and 16 apparently had better graphics, but fewer CAW options.

Basically every iteration of the game, they can improve one thing, but it'll come at the expense of something else. As long as wrestling games are a niche of a niche they're not going to have AAA money to make big advances in everything that needs to be improved.

The UFC games if I'm not mistaken got away with making games every two years or so, and they tended to be good to great.

(At this point I feel like a UFC vs. WWE game where you could mix and match characters doing both would be the greatest game in history, but I digress).

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

super macho dude posted:

just wait a few weeks until the nxt dlc comes out.

more like a few months

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

dont even fink about it posted:

(At this point I feel like a UFC vs. WWE game where you could mix and match characters doing both would be the greatest game in history, but I digress).

I feel like everything people want can be answered with "play Fire Pro"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I wish loving Fire Pro Returns was next on the list of PS2 On PS4 games

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

MinibarMatchman posted:

I wish loving Fire Pro Returns was next on the list of PS2 On PS4 games

You and me both. I have the PS2 version but I can't be bothered to hook it up and find my gameshark or whatever it was that let me play it.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Too true, although I don't care for the SNES throwback presentation.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Money in the Ban (deodorant)

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
What's a good name for a hairy, mustachioed, beer gutted 1980's jobber dressed like Rockers era Shawn Michaels?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

joey ryan

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Castor Poe posted:

What's a good name for a hairy, mustachioed, beer gutted 1980's jobber dressed like Rockers era Shawn Michaels?

Husky RightStuff

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Tony Jablome

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Castor Poe posted:

kevin steen

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Castor Poe posted:

Billy Bob Idol

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Bronco Hambone

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The All Night Rocker

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Turbo Lover

Delsaber