Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
As awful as that post is, RTJ's core demo is probably super white. I mean, it reeks of a fishmech post because he's technically correct while being a tone deaf moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

P-perhaps you are the racist, you loving idiot. Hmmm because that "some rapper" Killer loving Mike couldn't form his own political opinions. Maybe even write a song about Reagan? :iiam:

Such a great song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lIqNjC1RKU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Part of it, in fairness, was that his approach to inequality is very old school left and looks at problems of /class/ as being paramount. That's not to say he doesn't see problems of race as unimportant, it's just that his view of how to solve problems starts with solving class problems.

I'm curious which thinkers and activists of the old school left you associate with this view.

Edited to add: maybe a question for a different thread.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Phone posted:

As awful as that post is, RTJ's core demo is probably super white. I mean, it reeks of a fishmech post because he's technically correct while being a tone deaf moron.

Again, source your bullshit speculation

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
This year will be known as the year of the death penalty. Especially once California resoundingly passes it's proposition to speed up its process instead of getting rid of it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

A Winner is Jew posted:

Repealing the Hyde amendment, pushing through the ERA, and getting the equal pay law passed (that I'm forgetting the name of).

Do you think we'd actually get the ERA?

If we don't, why can't we use the 14th Amendment to establish the same precedent? I realize the symbolic importance and the importance of enshrining its permanence, but in the short-term we could have the stop gap of the 14th, no?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Wow now even Run The Jewels doesn't have demos as good as Hillary.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Lightning Knight posted:

Do you think we'd actually get the ERA?

If we don't, why can't we use the 14th Amendment to establish the same precedent? I realize the symbolic importance and the importance of enshrining its permanence, but in the short-term we could have the stop gap of the 14th, no?

3 states to go, and probably a supreme court challenge about the legality of ratification deadlines

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

woke wedding drone posted:

Lmao

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

How could a Sanders candidacy have been better than a Clinton one, if Sanders is so unfavorable with minorities?

That's only because the bernouts didn't neg minorities quite hard enough. A little more and Bernie would totally win this.

Until he started storming out of interviews. Again. Or some of those stories about his wife destroying a school got any real scrutiny, especially the part about a useless junior senator from Vermont supposedly pressuring banks to make loans to that school. Or as soon as Jeff Weaver opened his mouth, etc.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Again, source your bullshit speculation

You seriously doubt that Killer Mike and RTJ don't have a significant number of woke rear end tumblr teens in their fan base?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Instant Sunrise posted:

3 states to go, and probably a supreme court challenge about the legality of ratification deadlines

Hm. Which three states? Could states that ratify rescind? I know very little about the ERA, tbh.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

woke wedding drone posted:

Holy poo poo lol

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Phone posted:

You seriously doubt that Killer Mike and RTJ don't have a significant number of woke rear end tumblr teens in their fan base?

You talked about"core demos" like you're their A&R guy.

What kind of 1950s thinking is that anyway? Are you getting angry that white people are jiving to Negro music or something

E: vvvvvv this too

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Phone posted:

killer mike's been around long before run the jewels. he used to hang out with outkast, t.i., and he was on that one bonecrusher song that was huge

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Lightning Knight posted:

Hm. Which three states? Could states that ratify rescind? I know very little about the ERA, tbh.

Meaning, 3 more states and it hits the required #, no one really knows hence the supreme court part of that post.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

uninterrupted posted:

Bernie doesn't give two shits about minorities; once he realized he couldn't win primaries without the black vote instead of doing real outreach he went and found a rapper that would endorse him.

Yeah, you're showing a real grasp of his personal history, his politics, and his day to day actions here.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Pakled posted:

Carter had issues working with Congress, but what really sunk him was telling Americans that their lifestyle was unsustainable and they had to make sacrifices. Americans don't like hearing that.

Also a rabbit chased him once.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Killer Mike must have had a really tough time all those years in Dungeon Family hiding his real identity as a backpack rapper

edrith
Apr 10, 2013

torgeaux posted:

Yeah, you're showing a real grasp of his personal history, his politics, and his day to day actions here.

google "Sierra Blanca"

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

a foolish pianist posted:

Also a rabbit chased him once.

Give the guy a break, I have a weekly moment with the rabbits that eat my hostas.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Instant Sunrise posted:

Also, I have a feeling that 2018 isn't going to be as bad as everyone is thinking for democrats since older white women will be coming out in droves to after republicans make stonewalling anything Clinton wants to accomplish a top priority since democrats can literally play off of the word "mandate" somehow not counting for the first female president.

Remember, even with hate golem trump at the top of the ticket we haven't even seen the levels of sexism republicans will be open with when it's not election season.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

WeAreTheRomans posted:

You talked about"core demos" like you're their A&R guy.

What kind of 1950s thinking is that anyway? Are you getting angry that white people are jiving to Negro music or something

E: vvvvvv this too

That's exactly what I said. Nailed it. 100% Gold Star, etc.

boner confessor posted:

killer mike's been around long before run the jewels. he used to hang out with outkast, t.i., and he was on that one bonecrusher song that was huge

I know, Killer Mike owns.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Lightning Knight posted:

3 more to hit the limit, from among these states:
  • Florida
  • Virginia
  • Illinois
  • Nevada
  • North Carolina
  • South Carolina
  • Missouri
  • Louisiana
  • Oklahoma
  • Utah
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • Alabama
  • Mississippi
  • Georgia

Also several states DID ratify and rescind, it was challenged in court but ultimately left unsettled because the ratification deadline was passed and it was considered moot.

Instant Sunrise fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 6, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
How the gently caress are some of you guys still upset about the primaries?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

ComradeCosmobot posted:

This year will be known as the year of the death penalty. Especially once California resoundingly passes it's proposition to speed up its process instead of getting rid of it.

For a deep blue state, California sure does have some terrible ballot initiatives.

Then again, I guess I shouldn't throw stones since my state outlawed affirmative action as the result of a ballot initiative. :sigh:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
One of my favorite things about Carter is crushing the pork-rear end environmental holocaust of the "water projects".

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

A Winner is Jew posted:

Also, I have a feeling that 2018 isn't going to be as bad as everyone is thinking for democrats since older white women will be coming out in droves to after republicans make stonewalling anything Clinton wants to accomplish a top priority since democrats can literally play off of the word "mandate" somehow not counting for the first female president.

Remember, even with hate golem trump at the top of the ticket we haven't even seen the levels of sexism republicans will be open with when it's not election season.

Are you suggesting you're not looking forward to the inevitable "time of the month" zingers?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Phone posted:

That's exactly what I said. Nailed it. 100% Gold Star, etc.

I know, Killer Mike owns.

its a bit weird to accuse him of having too many white fans as a way of backing up the argument that sanders fished around for a token. killer mike is a legit kook and sanders probably just appreciated the unexpected b-celeb endorsement

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

How the gently caress are some of you guys still upset about the primaries?

Only this cupcake seems to be mad.

uninterrupted posted:

Bernie doesn't give two shits about minorities; once he realized he couldn't win primaries without the black vote instead of doing real outreach he went and found a rapper that would endorse him.

Everybody else is happy discussing Hip Hop.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Instant Sunrise posted:

3 more to hit the limit, from among these states:
  • Florida
  • Virginia
  • Illinois
  • Nevada
  • North Carolina
  • South Carolina
  • Missouri
  • Louisiana
  • Oklahoma
  • Utah
  • Arizona
  • Arkansas
  • Alabama
  • Mississippi
  • Georgia

I'm surprised to see Illinois here and not Wisconsin. I guess it was a different time. I feel like Illinois + Virginia + Nevada would be a viable, if uphill combination.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

lozzle posted:

For a deep blue state, California sure does have some terrible ballot initiatives.

Then again, I guess I shouldn't throw stones since my state outlawed affirmative action as the result of a ballot initiative. :sigh:

So did we in CA, for public universities.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784053521113030656

This guy is just a clever troll right?

He's like David Puddy after getting clocked in the head repeatedly with a garden shovel.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784053521113030656

This guy is just a clever troll right?

He's like David Puddy after getting clocked in the head repeatedly with a garden shovel.

He is Trump's HA Goodman, but he is always available.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Sinister_Beekeeper posted:

Are you suggesting you're not looking forward to the inevitable "time of the month" zingers?

I'm looking forward to biology 101 replies since she's 68... especially when those replies are levied at republicans on the science subcommittee.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Hardly Available Goodman

sorry

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

A Winner is Jew posted:

I'm looking forward to biology 101 replies since she's 68... especially when those replies are levied at republicans on the science subcommittee.

Republicans: "she's just being bitchy because it's her time of the month." :rolleyes:
Hillary: "every time of the month is the time to dunk on Republicans." ~shimmies and brushes shoulder off simultaneously~

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

boner confessor posted:

its a bit weird to accuse him of having too many white fans as a way of backing up the argument that sanders fished around for a token. killer mike is a legit kook and sanders probably just appreciated the unexpected b-celeb endorsement

Nah, it wasn't that. A lot of the rebuttals for "Eh, Sanders didn't really have the minority outreach that Clinton had" were some variant of "BUT KILLER MIKE ENDORSED SANDERS!!!!" Which turns the argument into a reductive binary one.

E: I'm bad at words; the point I wanted to make (but didn't since words r hard) is that it wasn't Bernie doing the tokenization, but rather fans of Bernie.

Phone fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 6, 2016

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/michaelcrowley/status/784077402930499584 lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Artificer posted:

So did we in CA, for public universities.

Looks like our states may have been hosed by the same guy. Tim Eyman (aka The Devil) is ultimately responsible for WA's affirmative action initiative but apparently Ward Connerly campaigned for it.

• Locked thread