Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Psion posted:

Remember when Wilko was like "shush you" when I said he was basically adding every aspect of Goonmod into the base game

:v:

i stand by my comment :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

BTW separate $4.99 John Wick weapon pack DLC coming, includes UMP.

Countdown to the first post complaining about paying for an advertisement.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

RandallODim posted:

I remember, three years ago, playing the beta for this game. It was fun, being gritty criminals trafficking cocaine and robbing jewelry stores, with a mostly grounded arsenal in a mostly grounded world.

I am so happy it has become this stupid loving game that we have today.

It's like that gradual scaling thing. We first thought pre planning was big with the Big Bank, then we thought crossovers were the poo poo with the Hotline Miami heist... One thing leads to another and now we can say "the butler did the crime" somehow.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Wilko posted:

i stand by my comment :colbert:

:)

keep on keepin' awesome, wilko

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Psion posted:

:)

keep on keepin' awesome, wilko

Goddamn that was a loving fantastic get by Overkill!

And John Cleese is pretty okay too.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i love this stupid rear end video game

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Afraid of Audio posted:

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

RandallODim posted:

Countdown to the first post complaining about paying for an advertisement.

Jesus devs, just give us a $4.99 McDonalds® Chicken McNugget™ Launcher and be done with it

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Trustworthy posted:

Jesus devs, just give us a $4.99 McDonalds® Chicken McNugget™ Launcher and be done with it

Would buy for :10bux:

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Trustworthy posted:

I'd rock the chicken mask and never use any other weapon.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Trustworthy posted:

This, but unironically. Wendy's Frosty® melee weapon, BK Chicken Fry® throwable, and The Taco Bell Shittinator® secondary. Throw in masks for Ronald McDonald, The Burger King, Wendy, and a straight-up Taco Bell and I'd pay COP prices for it.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
the yum brands corporation pack

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Afraid of Audio posted:

:barf:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

The Doritos Locomotive shotgun.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I have a bad old habit of catching up with threads by reading the latest posts and going pseudo-backwards, and wow you guys really made wonder what the hell happened.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Mountain Dew flamethrower

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

Mountain Dew flamethrower
I would rather have a Sriracha flamethrower.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
This game is dumb.

So loving dumb. :haw:

And I'm kind of pissed I'm in the USA right now with naught but my laptop and can't get my bagthrowing fix :smith:

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

Afraid of Audio posted:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Psion posted:

I don't really give a gently caress about why, I can now tell people John Cleese and Ron Perlman are in my Crime Wizards simulator

We need one more old dude. Jiro, Rust and Aldstone are almost enough to have an entire team robbing banks from the retirement home.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

Tempest_56 posted:

We need one more old dude. Jiro, Rust and Aldstone are almost enough to have an entire team robbing banks from the retirement home.

Helen Mirren.

Playing herself.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Rougey posted:

Helen Mirren.

Playing herself.

Alternatively Helen Mirren as the gardener.

And then backstory where all four somehow did heists before the Payday gang, and other cool poo poo.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Rougey posted:

Helen Mirren.

Playing herself.

I'd legit pay the game's full retail price all over again for the opportunity to Dench some motherfuckers. :cool:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
IT IS TIME!

I can't believe John Cleese is going to be our witty manservant. Please tell me there is a Batcave variant of the Safe House.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 6, 2016

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Rougey posted:

Helen Mirren.

Playing herself.

Yes.

Please.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

http://store.steampowered.com/app/382360/

Preordering John Wick VR gets you John Wick VR, Payday 2, the weapon pack, and John Wick Movie.

Is this the only way to get John Wick Weapon Pack, and will it come with a dog? Not as a weapon, just to follow you around.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Lyrai posted:

Preordering John Wick VR gets you John Wick VR, Payday 2, the weapon pack, and John Wick Movie.

Is this the only way to get John Wick Weapon Pack, and will it come with a dog? Not as a weapon, just to follow you around.

Huh. Basic Payday 2? Not even the GOTY?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Am I the only one who really really appreciated the Snatch reference in that trailer? Because I really appreciated it. :allears:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

It was a really good trailer on a lot of fronts. Hopefully the joy expressed in the trailer (and even poking fun at themselves for selling drills) carries through to the content.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

If safes paid for Cleese, it was all worth it.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

bbcisdabomb posted:

This, but unironically. Wendy's Frosty® melee weapon, BK Chicken Fry® throwable, and The Taco Bell Shittinator® secondary. Throw in masks for Ronald McDonald, The Burger King, Wendy, and a straight-up Taco Bell and I'd pay COP prices for it.

The Taco Bell mask would be that Chihuahua from the 90s commercials

Cleese also has a couple more lines on the Housewarming website down at the bottom, Hox as well if you click on him

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
How does this game manage to just keep getting better and better?

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

Lyrai posted:

They have already confirmed that the weapon pack is a bonus for people who preorder John Wick VR, not an exclusive.

edit: Also, it might be a good idea to back up your Payday 2 save. It's a pretty safe bet that nothing will actually go wrong, but with all of the hours that you've put into that save, spending ten seconds to back it up might save you a headache tomorrow.
Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\[YOUR NUMBER HERE!]\218620\

THE CHORSE fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 7, 2016

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
It's crazy how this game has evolved all the way to adding a John Cleese character all because redditors didn't like the new hoxton voice actor.

This game is amazing and even though I will not be seeing any of this content I'll be watching it and am excited pc guys are getting what looks to be an awesome update.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
If/When they replace the Wolf actor, I'd kinda like them to get CCP Guard to do it. I like that short lil guy.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

THE CHORSE posted:

They have already confirmed that the weapon pack is a bonus for people who preorder John Wick VR, not an exclusive.

edit: Also, it might be a good idea to back up your Payday 2 save. It's a pretty safe bet that nothing will actually go wrong, but with all of the hours that you've put into that save, spending ten seconds to back it up might save you a headache tomorrow.
Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\[YOUR NUMBER HERE!]\218620\
Wait, what? What would get screwed up?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Weapons, levels, masks, items and general progress outside of stuff tied to your steam account like DLC and achievements.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF
Your precious, precious offshore.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLPLWgdAiGp/

So there's a mission in the Safehouse, it's not just for show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
There goes several million from your offshore! If only Hoxton thought about his arson ahead of time!