Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Night10194 posted:

Kinda both. Speculation about the hurricane, two derails about music and stuff.

Lightning Knight posted:

The hurricane is going to give Trump the election, you can panic now.

Yeah, the Weatherpocalypse thread has been pretty active today what with Hurricane Matthew getting ready to scout the eastern coast of Florida clean...and then maybe hook around for a second pass.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

It depends.

Do you have a strong opinion on Jazz?

It probably sounds better than the endless hum of the blast chiller or stove vents at work, so I generally approve?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
AhHahhaha someone should have told me that the moderator was Howie loving Carr. I live right outside Boston and know all about him. He would have sucked Trumps dick right in the debate room if asked of him.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coheed and Camembert posted:

It's gonna be awesome. He has done exactly zero soul-searching or constructive practice because he thinks the reason he lost was because of a bad mic. Not only that, but the crowd's gonna be silent, the common plebes have to address him, and his coke high will only last the first 20 minutes or so. I'm hoping Anderson Cooper will be in prime "gently caress Pam Bondi" form.

I mean, Hilldawg's still gonna need to be on her game for this and ready, but it's Hillary. She'll be ready.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Hillary apparently asked Rick "A Literal Monster" Scott to extend voter registration dates because of the storm and he cackled cruelly and said no.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Stereotype posted:

Hillary apparently asked Rick "A Literal Monster" Scott to extend voter registration dates because of the storm and he cackled cruelly and said no.

I bet he's running his hurricane machine with the souls of young Cuban boys underneath Miami.

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
The last debate is going to be held in the "University of Las Vegas" (whatever that means) in Las Vegas. The sheer tackiness of the place will surely amplify his performance there. Also there's a Fox News moderator.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lamb Chowder posted:

The last debate is going to be held in the "University of Las Vegas" (whatever that means) in Las Vegas. The sheer tackiness of the place will surely amplify his performance there. Also there's a Fox News moderator.

One who got publicly humiliated by Bill when he tried to ambush him about 9/11 years ago.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lamb Chowder posted:

At the rate things are dereriorating Trump will refuse to attend the 3rd debate.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Lamb Chowder posted:

I think they have decent programs in hospitality related fields.

Edit:

Or were you meaning that it's University of Nevada, Las Vegas?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

psutify posted:

text only:

This is the most endearing story I have ever read.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

At the rate things are dereriorating Trump will refuse to attend the 3rd debate.

The debate commission gives in, lets Gary Johnson on stage, and Hillary spends 90 minutes dunking on him to make sure he gets back down to 1% of the popular vote like he should be.

Johnson, for his part will putter around the stage on a unicycle with his tongue hanging out while Clinton chucks 5th grade geography questions at him.

(Which he will refuse to answer)

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
What *is* the protocol if a major party candidate refuses to attend a debate anyway? Is there one? I'm assuming there isn't one.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

The Rokstar posted:

What *is* the protocol if a major party candidate refuses to attend a debate anyway? Is there one? I'm assuming there isn't one.

I guess they'd just ask Hilllary questions for 90 minutes, while she dunks on him every minute.

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx
Apparently Trump is so good at "interpreting the truth" even his own lawyers have to treat him like a nuclear missile of bullshit and adhere to the two man rule.

From redstate.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

The Rokstar posted:

Probably ask Hillary the questions alone, but practically speaking all the networks will cut to their commentators talking about what a huge bitch Trump is for 90 minutes.

And Jeff Lord saying he thought it was genius.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

AMorePerfctGoonion posted:

Apparently Drumpf is so good at "interpreting the truth" even his own lawyers have to treat him like a nuclear missile of bullshit and adhere to the two man rule.

From redstate.

So basically, all the...quarks Trump has that we have seen over the past year are not new?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

BigRed0427 posted:

So basically, all the...quarks Trump has that we have seen over the past year are not new?

Trump has always been, and will always be, Trump.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Just a friendly reminder. No matter how bad your day is

You are not Ted Cruz.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

You are not Ted Cruz.

I REALLY wanna know what the GOP did to get Cruz to kneel.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

BigRed0427 posted:

It came out internal polling showed he was on the path to get primaried, I think.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Night10194 posted:

It came out internal polling showed he was on the path to get primaried, I think.

Huh, Because if anyone could take what Trump has done this election year and not suck as a politician I think it would be Cruz.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

"We can get that flaccid lump of protoplasm you call a face back on TV for a day or two"

"Done."

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ImpAtom posted:

You are not Ted Cruz.

I want this picture to be used in 2020 with the subtitle "A Man of Integrity"

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Are there previous examples of politicians having to campaign for someone who called their wife ugly?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So it looks like Matthew is going to miss Miami. Or am I reading these maps wrong?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Donald Trump is going to lose the election and rebound by successfully primarying Ted Cruz and losing to the Democrat in the general.

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx

BigRed0427 posted:

I hypothesize that Trump contains the elusive orange charmless quark. We'll need to build a yuge particle accelerator to find out.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

BioThermo posted:

Fuckers don't rmember Blade.

The best part about that movie is the fact that this line was added to the script because the writer overheard Wesley Snipes using it in a conversation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXhKzY0BKwY

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

You are not Ted Cruz.

I hope there is a larger version of this, I'd be tempted to have it framed.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

ImpAtom posted:

You are not Ted Cruz.

This is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Stereotype posted:

and then the hurricane responded by turning away from south florida and is now going to slam the gently caress out of daytona and jacksonville instead

whoopsie

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are there previous examples of politicians having to campaign for someone who called their wife ugly?

Someone with a mail order bride should never criticize someone else's human brood mare.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

ImpAtom posted:

You are not Ted Cruz.

Hard to think of a more satisfying politics-related image than this one.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Stamina.

nine-gear crow posted:

I saw that earlier today and just shook my head. By the way, here's some more of Crystal Wright's "greatest" hits on Mediaite:

LeBron James, Mary J. Blige Tell Blacks to Remain Slaves to Hillary; Vote Their Color Not Their Conscience

quote:

Crystal Wright is author of the newly released book Con Job: How Democrats Gave Us Crime, Sanctuary Cities, Abortion Profiteering, and Racial Division. By day, Crystal is a communications consultant and editor and publisher of the blog Conservative Black Chick.

:lol:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

and then the hurricane responded by turning away from south florida and is now going to slam the gently caress out of daytona and jacksonville instead

whoopsie

Jacksonville is a red leaning county?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Hard to think of a more satisfying politics-related image than this one.

Santorum picture.

Gotta be.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Trump's gonna produce some great ones when he makes America great again by getting his poo poo kicked in.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

silvergoose posted:

Santorum picture.

Gotta be.

Oh man that's a good one too

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Oh man that's a good one too

Edited it in.

Seriously. Look at it. Even Cruz can't compare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Oh god we're gonna get all the Trump *kids* reacting as well as his disbelief and horror.

• Locked thread