Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jacksonville is a red leaning county?

51-48 for romney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Night10194 posted:

Oh god we're gonna get all the Trump *kids* reacting as well as his disbelief and horror.

Jr. may actually bite a cat's throat out on camera.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

silvergoose posted:

Santorum picture.

Gotta be.

I dunno. It's great for being an all-around shitshow, but there's something deeply satisfying on seeing such misery on the face of someone so loathsome.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I just got home, is Florida gone yet?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So has Santorum's son graduated from dogs to people yet?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I wonder if there is an enterprising individual who would take on the task of making a folder of sadrepublicans.jpg

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

silvergoose posted:

Edited it in.

Seriously. Look at it. Even Cruz can't compare.

I always wonder if my favorite detail is his son's face or that his daughter and her doll are wearing matching outfits from the 19th century

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So has Santorum's son graduated from dogs to people yet?

wrong one

you're thinking Huckabee

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
http://nyti.ms/2dzYOjS

http://nyti.ms/2dGHeww

Christ what a goddamn mess we have in Syria. You guys have any thoughts on this?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

overdesigned posted:

https://twitter.com/POLITICO_Steve/status/784129352632045568

Drudge is now pushing the "the storm isn't that bad" angle because obviously it's a left-wing conspiracy to make things look worse than they are to boost fears of global warming.

Or something.

He should face charges for this. That is disgusting.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Barron is going to be blamed for not cybering the vote.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Artificer posted:

Christ what a goddamn mess we have in Syria. You guys have any thoughts on this?

Yeah, Putin is a real loving monster and directly responsible for most of this. We put up the canvas with our fuckery in Iraq and Russia has been happily painting it in blood.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Night10194 posted:

Trump's gonna produce some great ones when he makes America great again by getting his poo poo kicked in.

I maintain that in lieu of a concession speech, Trump is gonna yell incoherently for 5 minutes and then punch one of his goomba sons on national television in a fit of rage.

:getin:

AMorePerfctGoonion
Aug 11, 2016

by exmarx

Mel Mudkiper posted:

wrong one

you're thinking Huckabee

Yeah, Huckabee Jr hung Huckleberry Hound

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah, Putin is a real loving monster and directly responsible for most of this. We put up the canvas with our fuckery in Iraq and Russia has been happily painting it in blood.

I don't know what Obama could've done. I'm not very familiar on the issue to be honest.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
538 updated; Hillary's now up to a 75.4% chance to win in polls-plus, 78.7% in polls-only, and 87.1% in the now-cast.

Not really a big deal probably, but even polls-plus putting her at 75%+ is nice to see. I wonder how high those will reach before the election finally happens; I doubt this is the peak.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, Pakistan made honor killing a punishable offense regardless of the opinion of the murderer's family. :woop:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Artificer posted:

When will America learn to let Russia prop up dictatorships in peace?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
https://twitter.com/LPDonovan/status/784203449076424705

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Roland Jones posted:

538 updated; Hillary's now up to a 75.4% chance to win in polls-plus, 78.7% in polls-only, and 87.1% in the now-cast.

Not really a big deal probably, but even polls-plus putting her at 75%+ is nice to see. I wonder how high those will reach before the election finally happens; I doubt this is the peak.

Assuming the debate is another implosion by Trump, I wouldn't be surprised to see both Polls-Plus and Polls only over 80% a week or two from now. That's a big assumption, though.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

Holy poo poo, Pakistan made honor killing a punishable offense regardless of the opinion of the murderer's family. :woop:

loving FINALLY. Now to stop them from getting little kids to do the dirty work for them. Or to pressure them into suicide.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Night10194 posted:

Oh god we're gonna get all the Trump *kids* reacting as well as his disbelief and horror.

Lest we forget

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Assuming the debate is another implosion by Trump, I wouldn't be surprised to see both Polls-Plus and Polls only over 80% a week or two from now. That's a big assumption, though.

The debate is kinda at the same place as the race: Not something to be taken for granted but something that you can feel confident about again.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eifert Posting posted:

That's great news. I hope it's enforced well.

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Another implosion or just the stats? I don't think the former is a stretch, at least.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

That's the scene when the plucky hero makes the shot and saves the rec center

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Roland Jones posted:

That's great news. I hope it's enforced well.

Another implosion or just the stats? I don't think the former is a stretch, at least.

Both, to some extent. It's an assumption to think that it's possible we'll get back to August numbers at any point in this race or that Trump is incapable of putting in a passable performance - which to his supporters and media would be a "win".

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Trabisnikof posted:

When will America learn to let Russia prop up dictatorships in peace?

For one the red line threat should either have never been made, or should've been acted on in some vaguely tangible fashion.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Basically this. Why this kind of thing isn't brought up more when we have a candidate slobbering all over said monster, I'll never know.

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Night10194 posted:

Only Ivanka's face will show any appreciable change

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Geostomp posted:

Basically this. Why this kind of thing isn't brought up more when we have a candidate slobbering all over said monster, I'll never know.
Because the left wing doesn't want to hear any war noises and the right wing wishes Putin was in charge over here in all his manly, queer-bashing glory.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Geostomp posted:

It was a major point of conversation at the first debate and VP debate, and it's going to come up on Sunday.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That's the scene when the plucky hero makes the shot and saves the rec center

:pusheen:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

silvergoose posted:

Santorum picture.

Gotta be.

I'm glad I never grew up from whatever fundie sect of Catholicism Santorum lives in, good everything looks so stuffy

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

AMorePerfctGoonion posted:

I hypothesize that Trump contains the elusive orange charmless quark. We'll need to build a yuge particle accelerator to find out.

Quark was awesome on DS9 I'll fight you

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

Majorian posted:

You're coming off as weirdly vindictive against Sanders here. I don't think he would have done as well against Trump as Clinton, either, but still, this is kind of minor stuff to tar-and-feather him over.

What I'm annoyed at the, "hey- if Clinton could curb stomp Trump then Bernie could to!" assumption as it is a sexist narrative. X is hard! A woman did it? Oh. I guess anyone could do X.

Nope. Handling Trump on the debate stage takes smarts, experience, and the ability to keep your cool under provocation. Bernie couldn't do it. Trump is better at bullshit than Pence because Pence is handicapped by a lingering regard for the truth. Trump assumes the truth is whatever he wants it to be at this moment in time. Bernie shows no signs of being able to handle that - in fairness because handling that is super hard.

But she can do it. =)

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Nessus posted:

Because the left wing doesn't want to hear any war noises and the right wing wishes Putin was in charge over here in all his manly, queer-bashing glory.

Don't intervene: get shat on for letting atrocities take place. Intervene: get blamed for a costly military quagmire.

Yeah I mean sure military interventions are often really poorly thought out (no exit strategies lol) but Jesus Christ what a mess.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

silvergoose posted:

Santorum picture.

Gotta be.

my fave part of that image is always going to be Harry Potter and the Thousand Yard Stare.

"Mr. Potter, your actions have required me to take all the points away from Gryffindore"

:stare:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Unfortunately, as hosed as it is, I do agree we should not get involved in Syria

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Doctor Butts posted:

quote:

Crystal Wright is author of the newly released book Con Job: How Democrats Gave Us Crime, Sanctuary Cities, Abortion Profiteering, and Racial Division. By day, Crystal is a communications consultant and editor and publisher of the blog Conservative Black Chick.
:lol:

At first glance I thought the title started "Corn Cob..."

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

The little girl from Aleppo's twitter in one of the NY Times opinion pieces posted earlier is brutal :smith:

https://twitter.com/AlabedBana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

comingafteryouall posted:

The little girl from Aleppo's twitter in one of the NY Times opinion pieces posted earlier is brutal :smith:

https://twitter.com/AlabedBana

It's the most depressing poo poo.

• Locked thread