Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Oh Nate

:sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Endorph posted:

if anime's taught me anything, it's that something like that is even more likely to become a friend

In a redeeming moment, Cruz will be the deciding vote that gets UHC passed after a single ray of light pierces his dark heart, purifying him. Then he will become the comic relief character of the Clinton administration, becoming inseparable from Tim Kaine.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

lozzle posted:

^^^goddamn you^^^

Something tells me Drudge is already in Stormfront.

TBH the Stormfront pun wasn't intentional, my subconscious must be in gear today.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

comingafteryouall posted:

In a redeeming moment, Cruz will be the deciding vote that gets UHC passed after a single ray of light pierces his dark heart, purifying him. Then he will become the comic relief character of the Clinton administration, becoming inseparable from Tim Kaine.

If I know my American TV, though, a volte face in the third season will produce unexpected heartbreak and drama as Cruz is seduced back to the dark side with promises of the presidential nomination. :smith:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So given the various charity work the Clinton Foundation does, would that include disaster relief? Because good lord the optics of "Trump Foundation forced to close due to not having proper permits while Clinton Foundation helps with Hurricane Matthew recovery" would be fun.

PhazonLink posted:

Also what about the Black Panther movie Marvel is making? or did that get cancelled?

That movie's going to cause such amazing reactions from the white wing. I'm not sure most of them really got the whole "this isolated nation is the most advanced country on the planet, and it's in Africa" thing. They'll waffle between whining about the liberal media and saying how Wakanda is a nation full of The Good Ones.

There's also a non-zero chance that movie going to have not one but two actors in it who played the Human Torch so if Jordan and Evans are on screen together there's almost certainly going to be some kind of joke about their respective FF movies and how bad they were.

Night10194 posted:

Didn't he do something really specific to piss off Cooper?

You mean other than his various statements disparaging gay people?

I think he poo poo-talked Cooper after the first debate and CNN had a :nyd: moment in response because he is their golden child.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Evil Fluffy posted:

So given the various charity work the Clinton Foundation does, would that include disaster relief? Because good lord the optics of "Trump Foundation forced to close due to not having proper permits while Clinton Foundation helps with Hurricane Matthew recovery" would be fun.

IIRC they did work for disaster relief in Haiti after one of the nastier hurricanes there.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Endorph posted:

maybe the real 270 electoral votes were the friends we made along the way

:lol:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Zebulon posted:

IIRC they did work for disaster relief in Haiti after one of the nastier hurricanes there.

Some dumbass on my Facebook feed was claiming that this effort was just a cover for giving money to their contractor friends or some poo poo like that

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Runaktla posted:

I wonder if it went like this... Cruz fanfic incoming...

2012:
(R) Establishment: Don't do this poo poo don't let our supporters get too hosed up and don't let them expect a moron to represent them else it will backfire.

Cruz: I'm doing what I want, RINO!!!

(R) Establishment: Its going to backfire, moron.

Cruz: No it won't!

... 2016 ... around the time of the RNC...

(R) Establishment: See? See what you tea partier shits have done? They want a moron.

Cruz: Whatever I don't need you, they will support me.

... 2016 late September...

(R) Establishment: Trump is hosed for the debates. When he loses, we are primarying you, everybody of any value will make you look like scum, every newspaper, every pundit. You're hosed.

Cruz: No!!!

(R) Establishment: You're going down with him...

Cruz: No!!!

(R) Establishment: ... and Pence is one of ours... and we're gonna kill your dog...

Cruz: Auugghhhh... *runs to Trump, groveling*

I love the Ghost of Election's Future thing you've got here.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

BaDandy posted:

We're at the part right before Hillary pierces herself with the arrow.

Soon Trump will be punched into an infinite death loop, but instead of dying it's just constant humiliation over and over, forever.

All while Trump screams "I'M NOT OWNED! I'M NOT OWNED!"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

7c Nickel posted:

A Trump supporter sleeps inside each one of us. We must kill him.

If we don't they're going to burst out of our chests Alien style.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This election has really taken all the shine off Nate.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

QuarkJets posted:

All while Trump screams "I'M NOT OWNED! I'M NOT OWNED!"

Infinite corncob. :getin:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Some dumbass on my Facebook feed was claiming that this effort was just a cover for giving money to their contractor friends or some poo poo like that

Doing all the research of wiki'ing it, they not only did relief efforts after (and other things before) the 2010 Haiti earthquake and the 2004 tsunami in the Indian Ocean areas, but also did extensive work in fundraising after Katrina with help from Bill and H. W. Bush to help identity and fix unmet/unknown areas that required investment and help. Apparently they've raised like 130 million dollars in domestic donations and another 30 or so mil in foreign donations for that alone.

So, yeah. Clinton Foundation does domestic and international disaster relief efforts.

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

We must have the same friends then, because I saw this same bullshit.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

silvergoose posted:

Santorum picture.

Gotta be.

Ambivalent Reminder.

He and the wife keep a jar of their stillborn in their nightstand.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Zebulon posted:

Doing all the research of wiki'ing it, they not only did relief efforts after (and other things before) the 2010 Haiti earthquake and the 2004 tsunami in the Indian Ocean areas, but also did extensive work in fundraising after Katrina with help from Bill and H. W. Bush to help identity and fix unmet/unknown areas that required investment and help. Apparently they've raised like 130 million dollars in domestic donations and another 30 or so mil in foreign donations for that alone.

So, yeah. Clinton Foundation does domestic and international disaster relief efforts.

Why don't the Clintons just say "Hey, we take foreigners' money to fix American homes" and make the foreign donations a positive?

In the past, it was probably so foreign donations didn't stop. But if they're not going to take them anymore if Hillary is elected anyways...

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

BaDandy posted:

Infinite corncob. :getin:

Time is a flat cornfield

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

PhazonLink posted:

Ambivalent Reminder.

He and the wife keep a jar of their stillborn in their nightstand.

Wait what. The hell? Is that a rumor you heard or made up or was this confirmed somewhere?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jacksonville is a red leaning county?

Jacksonville is the red counterweight to blue South Florida. If for some insane reason Jacksonville were to actually go blue the state would be blue as gently caress.

Matthew isn't going to hit Jacksonville though. The way the current and geography line up it's hard as poo poo for a hurricane to actually hit the city as more than a glancing blow or remnants of a storm.

At least it turns out I picked a good week for an out of state vacation.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Gyges posted:

Jacksonville is the red counterweight to blue South Florida. If for some insane reason Jacksonville were to actually go blue the state would be blue as gently caress.

Matthew isn't going to hit Jacksonville though. The way the current and geography line up it's hard as poo poo for a hurricane to actually hit the city as more than a glancing blow or remnants of a storm.

At least it turns out I picked a good week for an out of state vacation.

Myself and people like myself are the reason Jacksonville won't go blue (we gtfo of there).

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Night10194 posted:

This election has really taken all the shine off Nate.

Nate the 2nd-guessing pundit, yeah. His model has still held up fairly well.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Roland Jones posted:

Wait what. The hell? Is that a rumor you heard or made up or was this confirmed somewhere?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/01/was-santorum-weird-for-bringing-home-his-stillborn-baby-updated/250957/

not really true. But santorum's personality is such that people actually believe and run with that narrative - which says a lot.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Jacksonville is a monument to human excrement.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

comingafteryouall posted:

Why don't the Clintons just say "Hey, we take foreigners' money to fix American homes" and make the foreign donations a positive?

In the past, it was probably so foreign donations didn't stop. But if they're not going to take them anymore if Hillary is elected anyways...

Not a political strategist, so no real way of knowing. Might be that indulging that particular brand of nonsense at all is more damaging than just ignoring it.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The only person I hate as much as I hate Rick Santorum is George W Bush.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Roland Jones posted:

Oh my God??? :stonk:

edit: WHAT THE HELL BARBARA.

Like if it's to help with the grieving process then fine but Jesus.

BaDandy fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 7, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It truly is the best thing when people uncover something like lovely Dick's creepy corpse cuddle session

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jacksonville is a red leaning county?

florida is a weird state because of its cities. miami is cool, tampa is ok, orlando is a swamp and jacksonville is basically orlando minus disney, which somehow makes it worse actually

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

boner confessor posted:

florida is a weird state because of its cities. miami is cool, tampa is ok, orlando is a swamp and jacksonville is basically orlando minus disney, which somehow makes it worse actually

And Tallahassee is only arguably a city? :v:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Xythar/status/784240458478215168

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

:allears: There may not even be a German word for what I am feeling.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

silvergoose posted:

Santorum picture.

Gotta be.

i see that and i raise you:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Man they are really lowering expectations for this debate. No way Trump decisively loses this debate horserace etc etc

:v:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Even Trump must know this is wrong. There is no way he honestly believes that Hillary has not been practicing for the last two weeks.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
This is beautiful.

Everything is beautiful.

I'm so happy.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Has this been brought up yet?

https://twitter.com/justin_kanew/status/784200034820710400

@justin_kanew: This is unbelievable even for him-- despite DNA evidence, Trump still loving thinks the Central Park 5 are guilty: https://t.co/NRAsNsHdET https://t.co/zWeFXg9aAN

There's no way they don't hit him with this.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 7, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Artix posted:

Even Trump must know this is wrong. There is no way he honestly believes that Hillary has not been practicing for the last two weeks.

I think he genuinely believes he only 'lost' because of the microphone. It's his lifeline, the thing he can blame that isn't him.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

BaDandy posted:

Oh my God??? :stonk:

edit: WHAT THE HELL BARBARA.

Like if it's to help with the grieving process then fine but Jesus.
I always wince when this gets used as ammo against Santorum.

People do crazy-rear end things when they are experiencing terrible emotional trauma, go figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

So what I'm hearing is that they will consider it a victory if he doesn't just storm out spouting a stream of profanity.

• Locked thread