Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Watch Charlie Strong win like 7-8 games and come within a hair of a co-championship in a terrible B12, followed by a booster uprising that causes him to get fired after a lot of infighting, leading to an epic PR disaster with Texas getting taken to task for being racist and mistreating Strong and having a totally dysfunctional political culture around the program, which in turn causes Herman to decide he doesn't want to step into the middle of that. Followed by a shitshow of a coaching search led by an embattled placeholder AD, culminating in the hire of Lane Kiffin for $10m a year after he initially turns us down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Thermos H Christ posted:

Watch Charlie Strong win like 7-8 games and come within a hair of a co-championship in a terrible B12, followed by a booster uprising that causes him to get fired after a lot of infighting, leading to an epic PR disaster with Texas getting taken to task for being racist and mistreating Strong and having a totally dysfunctional political culture around the program, which in turn causes Herman to decide he doesn't want to step into the middle of that. Followed by a shitshow of a coaching search led by an embattled placeholder AD, culminating in the hire of Lane Kiffin for $10m a year after he initially turns us down.

I'll clocktower this poo poo before that happens

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Thermos H Christ posted:

Insha'Allah.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Thermos H Christ posted:

Please don't post my fanfic unattributed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

General Dog posted:

Please don't post my fanfic unattributed.

I don't see anything in there about fracking or apologizing for rape.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
As a big money Texas booster slash program insider let me tell you that we for sure are getting Art Briles 100% hook em

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

I don't see anything in there about fracking or apologizing for rape.

I'm like Neil Young, or Kanye, I go through different phases.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

Don't stop I'm almost there

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Condaleeza Rice, owing a favor to George W. Bush, gets Texas into the playoffs after a dominating win streak. They soundly defeat Alabama after an ornery Bevo gores Nick Saban. Saban's players are now free from his Dark Arts and announce transfers immediately after the loss. Alabama fans promptly start calling for a white QB to play instead.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

pillsburysoldier posted:

Condaleeza Rice, owing a favor to George W. Bush, gets Texas into the playoffs after a dominating win streak. They soundly defeat Alabama after an ornery Bevo gores Nick Saban. Saban's players are now free from his Dark Arts and announce transfers immediately after the loss. Alabama fans promptly start calling for a white QB to play instead.

Pawwl, you know the dad gum Bear would have kicked that cow's rear end! Saban ain't good enough for Bama!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Thermos H Christ posted:

God willing

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
just a heads up we're going to hire tom herman and aggy is on the eternal scoreboard having lost to case mccoy's dumbass face. thank you.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Scionix posted:

aggy is on the eternal scoreboard having lost to case mccoy's dumbass face. thank you.

It hurts, but I can tell you need need that more than we do right now. :unsmith:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Think PJ Fleck would row the goddamn boat to Houston for 2 or 3 million?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I'd like Willie Taggart to go somewhere I pay attention to, because he looks cool as gently caress

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Korranus posted:

Think PJ Fleck would row the goddamn boat to Houston for 2 or 3 million?

Hell of a lot better than Purdue or whatever lovely Midwest job he'd probably be offered. That's a good spot for him too, since a lot of his success is from out recruiting the rest of his conference and he could probably realistically do that at Houston (especially if Taggart gets another job)

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I'd honestly be happy with promoting Orlando to HC and keeping Major around as OC. We can even take Charlie as DC

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

Hell of a lot better than Purdue or whatever lovely Midwest job he'd probably be offered. That's a good spot for him too, since a lot of his success is from out recruiting the rest of his conference and he could probably realistically do that at Houston (especially if Taggart gets another job)

poo poo, he out recruits the lower half of the Big Ten.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Tyrannosaurus posted:

As a big money Texas booster slash program insider let me tell you that we for sure are getting Art Briles 100% hook em

Bill Cosby approves of Art Briles going to Texas.

Scionix posted:

just a heads up we're going to hire tom herman and aggy is on the eternal scoreboard having lost to case mccoy's dumbass face. thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUx7t-VOKEs

I have no dog in the fight, but I still remember this weird penalty on the final drive. It's the least mileage I've ever seen a defender get out of leading with his helmet.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

LLCoolJD posted:

Bill Cosby approves of Art Briles going to Texas.

Look Charlie Strong didn't know OK all he knew was he had a lot of young men who needed to pull their pants up and knock it off with all that hippin and hoppin who among us would not have done the same

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
I still stubbornly don't like Fleck because his OC was horrible at Rutgers. Also there are a lot of message board rumors about him.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
oh well if message boards don't like him

you can't believe everything you read on those things, i once read someone try to argue that rutgers wasn't a terrible football program. there's some crazy poo poo out there

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i read on a message board that pj fleck is a landlubber

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

LLCoolJD posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUx7t-VOKEs

I have no dog in the fight, but I still remember this weird penalty on the final drive. It's the least mileage I've ever seen a defender get out of leading with his helmet.

It was an absolute complete bullshit call

Texas can claim eternal scoreboard all they want but we know they've been ducking us like bitches; we'd have murdered those terminal stage Mack Brown teams without even trying.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thermos H Christ posted:

Look Charlie Strong didn't know OK all he knew was he had a lot of young men who needed to pull their pants up and knock it off with all that hippin and hoppin who among us would not have done the same

Oh I heard this on the radio this morning and meant to post about it but forgot. Gary Barnett is not a Charlie Strong fan. Stripping out just his quotes:

Gary Barnett posted:

"Well, it’s like a big soap opera down there," Barnett said. "And no, I don’t think he survives this... It’s just one bandaid after another and he doesn’t cure anything, doesn’t solve anything, just creates another crisis."

"You think about how many coaches those kids have gone through, coordinators — it’s unbelievable," Barnett said. "You just can’t get any continuity and it’s been the tale of Charlie’s tenure down there, it’s been change coaches right and left. Well, when you have to change that many coaches, there’s something wrong, and it’s wrong at the top."

"So do I think Charlie survives this? No, and I don’t think Charlie deserves to survive this," Barnett said. "When you can’t make any better decisions and stick with people any more so than he’s done, then you deserve to go sit down and take a timeout and get everything together. Go visit some people and see how they make decisions and do that. He needs a timeout and time off and to relearn how to be a head coach because he’s just made this a disaster down there."

"He didn’t want to take that job in the first place. Lou Holtz talked him into taking it. Charlie wanted to go to Florida or South Carolina and they both opened after he left. He didn’t want to be there, he doesn’t like recruiting, he’s disorganized, he’s all those things. So it isn’t so much, ‘Who’s the right guy for the job?’ It’s just that Charlie isn’t the right guy for the job."

That last bit sounds kinda like BS, especially since the only thing Strong has undoubtedly done right is recruiting, but it was not the blah blah take I expected from a former head coach. Even if said former coach is a real loving jackass.

e: Podcast if anyone wants to listen to it, Texas part starts around 9 minutes.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Oct 7, 2016

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

fast cars loose anus posted:

Texas can claim eternal scoreboard all they want but we know they've been ducking us like bitches; we'd have murdered those terminal stage Mack Brown teams without even trying.

now thats a loose anus!!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The team that last beat you was a terminal stage Mack Brown team.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

big money big clit posted:

The team that last beat you was a terminal stage Mack Brown team.

Hmm its almost like Johnny Manziel made a difference or something

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Hmm its almost like Johnny Manziel made a difference or something

For one season. A better a&m team lost to a lovely texas team helmed by Case Fuckin' McCoy. And I believe it's the SEC who's kept the teams from meeting in bowl games.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

oh well if message boards don't like him

you can't believe everything you read on those things, i once read someone try to argue that rutgers wasn't a terrible football program. there's some crazy poo poo out there

yooge if true

partially related, the WVU rumor mill has cranked up. our idiot fans are totally convinced that dana is going to LSU. that's not going to happen; but in real talk, if WVU does finish strong Dana's contract buyout will be very reasonable (2.9m) so it wouldn't be shocking to see him out the door regardless of how this season ends.

I would be pretty happy if we got in on the PJ Fleck lottery

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 7, 2016

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Neil Armbong posted:

For one season. A better a&m team lost to a lovely texas team helmed by Case Fuckin' McCoy. And I believe it's the SEC who's kept the teams from meeting in bowl games.

We so would've won in 2014.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kim Jong Il posted:

I still stubbornly don't like Fleck because his OC was horrible at Rutgers. Also there are a lot of message board rumors about him.

The Enemies of Western Michigan Athletics are trying to ruin his reputation

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

yooge if true

partially related, the WVU rumor mill has cranked up. our idiot fans are totally convinced that dana is going to LSU. that's not going to happen; but in real talk, if WVU does finish strong Dana's contract buyout will be very reasonable (2.9m) so it wouldn't be shocking to see him out the door regardless of how this season ends.

I would be pretty happy if we got in on the PJ Fleck lottery

That would not seem like a great hire for LSU, no offense to WVU.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I love my dead gay rivalry

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Ok so I'm starting to think Lane Kiffin could be an upgrade

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Thermos H Christ posted:

Ok so I'm starting to think Lane Kiffin could be an upgrade

You are loved

http://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
edit:wrong thread. fire lovie

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 8, 2016

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I think at least two coaches lost their jobs this week. I don't think they'll be fired right this second but the decision has been made.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Helfrich and strong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Brian Kelly? 2-4 and apparently firing your defensive coordinator doesn't stop you from calling a lot of passes in a hurricane

• Locked thread