Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

I would rather stand my ground at the minimum than abandon my son and wife to a gunman.

yeah and then they take your wife and kids hostage instead of just grabbing the TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Chomp8645 posted:

That's fine. It is your right to make an emotional decision instead of a rational one if you so chose.

He says to his wife who views him as a colossal pussy for eternity.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tendai posted:

I [24M] am shorter than my girlfriend [22F] when she wears heels and she refuses to wear anything but heels.

People like this make me feel less insecure :allears:

I am shorter than my girlfriend. I am 5'10" and my girlfriend is 5'8".

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I think the wife would had been understanding if the husband actually went to get help but he just chilled out at his friends and didn't even call the cops which is weird as gently caress

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Heels rule

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Chomp8645 posted:

Ok.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I mean, if she doesn't care, and she looks good in the heels, then it's on you to buy some dress shoes that make you a little taller and then get over yourself

Ofc if she's wearing like 5-inchers or something then you might be SOL on the first point since they don't really make 3-inch platform shoes for guys since the 70s ended, but that just makes point #2 more crucial

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Troposphere posted:

I think the wife would had been understanding if the husband actually went to get help but he just chilled out at his friends and didn't even call the cops which is weird as gently caress

If you read the comments, some were all like "the police probably told him to stay away," etc, and the wife kept increasingly justifying her position that he's a wimp with stuff like "he totally could have saved at least one kid" so I'm not too sure she's a reliable narrator as I'm pretty sure she's convinced he's a coward and is just looking for support.

Fortunately reddit generally supported her position so problem solved!

loquacius posted:

I mean, if she doesn't care, and she looks good in the heels, then it's on you to buy some dress shoes that make you a little taller and then get over yourself

Ofc if she's wearing like 5-inchers or something then you might be SOL on the first point since they don't really make 3-inch platform shoes for guys since the 70s ended, but that just makes point #2 more crucial

The dude should just get some killer heels too. Problem solved!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
At 6'1" it's hard for me to find a girl who's as tall as me, much less taller. It's a shame because I'd be totally okay with my giant girlfriend looking down to kiss me and letting me be the little spoon, short guy doesn't know how good he has it

Edit: that said height doesn't matter to me at all who gives a poo poo as long as you don't run into some super tall/really short scenario where it actually causes physical incompatibility

Dial-a-Dog fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 7, 2016

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Our [14F&13M] brother [30M] cheated on 5 of his ex fiances/wives. We don't want to go to his wedding to the 6th girl because it's just going to happen again

quote:

Hi Reddit.

My brother and I want to know how to ask our parents if it's OK if we don't go to our brothers wedding. 5 times now he has cheated on his fiance/ex wives and he had admitted this to our family. We are too young to remember the first two wives but we know they exist, our sister [20F] talks about them. We are sick of getting to know our SIL and then having them just leave because our brother cheats.

He's implacable of not sleeping with other woman, it's so loving annoying because then all we hear is poor me. My brother and I would rather stay in Melbourne then go to Sydney for his wedding next week. We don't even understand what is so hard about it, why is it so difficult to not cheat on his wife's. We don't understand, it's not like someone is holding a gun to his head and forcing him to do it.

tl;dr: Don't want to go to brothers wedding, how do we ask our parents if we can stay behind in Melbourne

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I come from a land down under. Where women roar and men cheater.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

My dad [48M] keeps telling me that I'm too stupid to go to college despite me [19F] having straight A's.

quote:

Okay, I don't know what to do to convince my dad that I'm not too stupid to go to school. I had over 44 credits at the end of my freshman year, currently have straight A's, but he's so loving convinced that I am too stupid to go to college. He ended up telling me I'm stupid so much, I purposely missed the deadlines for my FAFSA form and scholarships because I thought that there was a chance that I just got lucky like he said and that next year I would do terrible. I didn't bother at all signing up for classes. I'm at a loss here because no matter what I do he thinks I'm stupid.

I'm not that stupid. I even made 100 on one of my calc 2 exams last year which helped to counteract some of his self esteem destroying words, but he put me down by telling me that the exam was probably too easy.

tl;dr My dad told me I was too stupid for college and that I took easy classes and lucked out when I made straight A's. I ended up feeling frustrated pleasing him by missing my FAFSA and scholarship deadlines and dropping out.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

I would rather stand my ground at the minimum than abandon my son and wife to a gunman.

What do you think the robbers will decide to do with your hypothetical wife and kids after they have shot you?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

subway masturbator posted:

My dad [48M] keeps telling me that I'm too stupid to go to college despite me [19F] having straight A's.

:(

Can people stop with depressing ones? This is clearly just an abusive dad.

The brother who is on wife number 6 is a funny and cool one, though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Dial-a-Dog posted:

At 6'1" it's hard for me to find a girl who's as tall as me, much less taller. It's a shame because I'd be totally okay with my giant girlfriend looking down to kiss me and letting me be the little spoon, short guy doesn't know how good he has it

Same except I'm a 6'4 stick insect.

:sever:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Chomp8645 posted:

Can you read?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Addendum to my earlier rule regarding eloping by marriage 3, by marriage 5 or 6 you shouldn't even let anyone know you got married until you've been together for a year

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hey mom and dad, do you mind if we raincheck for this wedding and see you at the 7th?

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Addendum to my earlier rule regarding eloping by marriage 3, by marriage 5 or 6 you shouldn't even let anyone know you got married until you've been together for a year

I feel like I would just keep my 5th or 6th marriage a huge secret out of social embarrassment. Just casually mention it at family get togethers or something like it ain't no thing.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

WampaLord posted:

:(

Can people stop with depressing ones? This is clearly just an abusive dad.

The brother who is on wife number 6 is a funny and cool one, though.

sorry :(

here's another to make up for it

My (33M) Sis-in-law (41F) is coming to our house because hers is haunted.

quote:

I cross-posted this to the ask Doctors sub.

My sis-in-law has for the past week been experiencing noises, apparitions, and "visitations" during the night. She believes she is seeing ghosts and last night three spirits (up from one) came to her. She is a fully-functioning adult who has never had any behavior like this previously and there's been no big event in her life that might cause a psychological break though she has had depression before. I think that it is more likely she is experiencing hallucinations from carbon monoxide poisoning. I have read online that you can test for CO but I'm not sure for how long after exposure it is detectable; she hasn't slept in nearly three days and is coming to our house (multi-hour drive) for the weekend. What can we do to help? I'm not sure how to tell her "Sis, this may all be in your head let's go to the ER" when she fervently believes ghosts have been afflicting her.

tl;dr: Who you gonna call?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

sorry :(

here's another to make up for it

My (33M) Sis-in-law (41F) is coming to our house because hers is haunted.

That TL:DR is amazing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

How does the kind of guy who gets divorced over cheating 5 times in his life manage to find 6 women who are willing to marry him

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Leon Einstein posted:

Can you read?

???

quote:

Alright, so this is going to sound super petty but I think it looks weird when a girl is taller than the guy she's with. Normally it's never a problem for me. I'm 5'10" and the girls I've dated always happened to be around 5'3"-5'6". This girl I'm dating now though, is 5'8". It wasn't a problem when we first met because she was wearing flats and I was wearing boots, so I didn't even think about it.

???

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
He'd have to have slept with at least... wow, 12 women? I don't think this story checks out.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

He'd have to have slept with at least... wow, 12 women? I don't think this story checks out.

Not if he just keeps marrying the girl he cheats with, or maybe he just keeps rotating back through his exes

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Boyfriend [25/m] dislikes when i [20/f] dont have my fringe down and is very vocal about it

quote:

The title sums it up perfectly I have a small kind of square-ish forehead and ''meaty'' lower face. When i have my side fringe down and it covers one of my eyebrows, it kind of makes my lower half of the face huge. Because of that I like to have it pined up 1/2 of the time. I like my fringe and I've had it for the past 4 or 5years. However I sometimes think I look better without it so I pin it up.
Bf is a huge fan of fringes. Does race have anything to do with this?? Hes asian and im white. When I ask him why he likes me having a fringe so much he gives me various reasons; for example; ''your hairline is fuzzy'' , ''you just look better with it'' , '' i think its because im asian and a lot of asians have fringes'', '' i just like fringes!'' fair enough.
Well the problem is, when i have it pinned up he HATES it and is really vocal about it. For example today I had greasy hair and had my hair done into a messy bun. His response was '' god i hate it, i REALLY hate it. Wheres your fringe?sad face'' Whenever I do a particular hairstyle and it doesnt have a fringe my bf comments on it.
How do I kindly tell him to stop being immature? It's starting to affect my self esteem and I now think my forehead is ugly. How do I explain that to him? Please help
tl;dr: I have a fringe. Sometimes I have it pinned up and a lot of the time bf makes comments such as ''wheres ur fringe?:('' How do I tell him to stop this behaviour bc its affecting my self esteem?
a meaty lower face

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Did your brain completely gloss over the "she constantly wears heels that make her taller than me" thing or are you just being pedantic?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

loquacius posted:

How does the kind of guy who gets divorced over cheating 5 times in his life manage to find 6 women who are willing to marry him

they're just all suckers with NO SELF-ESTEEM

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Jack Trades posted:

What do you think the robbers will decide to do with your hypothetical wife and kids after they have shot you?

The same thing they would have done if I ran away?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Boyfriend [25/m] dislikes when i [20/f] dont have my fringe down and is very vocal about it

a meaty lower face

I didn't know bangs were called fringes outside of North America. Learn something new everyday.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I love heels that put me up over 6 feet

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

WampaLord posted:

Did your brain completely gloss over the "she constantly wears heels that make her taller than me" thing or are you just being pedantic?

You know I misread the title. Thought it was "shorter than my girlfriend and she wears heels".

My bad.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Hi guys, I have a face built like a bulldogs and my boyfriend gets upset when I accentuate my hideous jowls, what to do!?!?!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Glenn Quebec posted:

The same thing they would have done if I ran away?

You should read that thing someone posted last page about the FBI guy's advice.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
I like shoes that make life more difficult, and that's why I invented Puma's new Iron Maiden line

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

china bot posted:

I like shoes that make life more difficult, and that's why I invented Puma's new Iron Maiden line

One of my wife's high school friends had a story from college where she put on some of those bondage heels with the padlocks on them and lost the key

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Lol at "meaty lower face" also these stories are starting to make feel like I'm entirely too uncritical of minor aspects of girls appearances :confused:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I love when the ages are omitted and I get to play "child or manchild"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Well thanks thread now I gotta talk with my family about an insane hypothetical day break in and that FBI guy says to run and make sure it's okay.

But I'd probably stand my ground and get murdered very easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
My brother-in-law cheated on his 1st wife with his 2nd wife and our family hated my wife and I because we didn't go to the wedding. We were a little :smug: when he cheated on #2 and married #3. Also no one in the family speaks to him anymore.