Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Oh no. Not my offshore. What ever will I do. :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Geight posted:

Oh no. Not my offshore. What ever will I do. :geno:
Not emptyquoting.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Some of us are still at low levels of infamy, I need that offshore cash!

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
New difficulties are live!

And the QA team is streaming some of it over here if you're interested: https://www.twitch.tv/starbreeze

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Tobias spent like 30 seconds staring at a gage package and didn't pick it up

:mad:

quote:

Oh, and Bulldozers have started running and can't be stunned.

:rip: a lot of Payday players tonight

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 7, 2016

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

eep

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Welp, time to bang out a bunch of achievements! :suicide:

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
poo poo just got zeal.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If you have already completed every heist on DW, you will log into Payday 2 and get a shitpot of achievements for every Mayhem difficulty one - it does accept DW as "or higher"

so you only have to do every heist on One Down now! :shepface:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Can you get very hard and hard masks if you've got the overkill and death wish masks yet

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Z-Team, assemble!

People wanted PD:TH like Bulldozers so they got it!

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Dr Cheeto posted:

Can you get very hard and hard masks if you've got the overkill and death wish masks yet

Yep! Should unlock when you start the game now

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
How's Goonmod's stability? Since Mutators just got added to the base game, I want to make sure everything isn't going to explode if I force load it.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Afraid of Audio posted:

eep

Rip HE rounds 2014-2016

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Did the drills on the Bomb Heist ever get fixed? I don't remember.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Jesus watching the stream the new dozers are horrifying. lol One Down now.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

TopHatGenius posted:

Jesus watching the stream the new dozers are horrifying. lol One Down now.

I'm still holding hope they do One Down Lab Rats.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Super old question I suppose, but if I have a safe left over from back when you bought drills, I've pretty much gotta pay 2.50 to open the stupid thing even if newer safes are freely openable, don't I?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yes

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Shlomo Palestein posted:

Super old question I suppose, but if I have a safe left over from back when you bought drills, I've pretty much gotta pay 2.50 to open the stupid thing even if newer safes are freely openable, don't I?

Correct!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Or you can put it on the steam market and get a few pennies worth of GabeBux

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I wonder, can you still refresh that One Down with Doctor Bags? That could go a bit of ways to making it manageable.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Rip HE rounds 2014-2016

They're still good! Just.. not as good. But still Death Wish Mayhem Viab-

Oh wait, they now run. I forgot. Still usable if you can land shots.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Is it... is it time for the return of the Thanatos???

probably not

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

widespread posted:

I wonder, can you still refresh that One Down with Doctor Bags? That could go a bit of ways to making it manageable.

They're still good! Just.. not as good. But still Death Wish Mayhem Viab-

Oh wait, they now run. I forgot. Still usable if you can land shots.

In the stream it showed someone getting downed, then they used a doctor bag and were able to get downed again without going into custody. Doctor Bags will be extremely important in One Down now.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Sorry chair face and shooting blanks, apparently housemates can't be trusted to pay Internet bills on time.

:smith:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Is it... is it time for the return of the Thanatos???

probably not

Depending on your aim and how fast dozers move, yes? If you have aced Overkill they'll 2 shot dozers at least on DW. I don't know what the health for One Shot dozers are, but you can still pile on Specialized Killing, Berserker and High Value Target.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

TopHatGenius posted:

In the stream it showed someone getting downed, then they used a doctor bag and were able to get downed again without going into custody. Doctor Bags will be extremely important in One Down now.

It does still seem like FAKs might be better, as long as your strategy is to never go down in the first place, or rely on Uppers Aced to prevent downs. 14 possible prevented downs versus 8 recovered.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
What is this "downed" thing you guys keep talking about :jihad:

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
hey is the steam group still the same, kind of want to try this with goons

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Is the dozer run animation still a goofy sped up walk?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

roymorrison posted:

hey is the steam group still the same, kind of want to try this with goons

Probably not as full in the chat as we used to, but it's probably a good idea if you want a game

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hey, been gone since the Bomb Heists. Tell me about the Heists that came out since then, both free and paid.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
also be sure to join the discord: https://discord.gg/ZmxakyE

(plan z add that link to the op thank)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

ZearothK posted:

Hey, been gone since the Bomb Heists. Tell me about the Heists that came out since then, both free and paid.

I have a post linked in the OP that outlines all DLC. That's a good place to start.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Discendo Vox posted:

I have a post linked in the OP that outlines all DLC. That's a good place to start.

Found it, cheers!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

It's gonna be missing a few great or middling free heist releases, though- it's more of a buyer's guide.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Plus, everything's on sale right now at a hella discount so might as well sell cards to buy packs.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Trip Report:

Running dozers are terrifying. They have a legit run animation and they can haul some serious rear end while also firing.

Mayhem is...I don't know what to say. Enemies have WAAAAY too much HP. 3600 HP cloakers? Come the gently caress on. Seems like headshot multipliers are reduced so it takes far too many headshots to shoot down anything. Also seems inconsistent-I managed to take down a Killdozer in a few shots with the loco and then I emptied my loco on a regular dozer, point blank, faceplate gone. Same applies for enemies.

Enemy reskins are awesome. I like how you fight GenSec Elites in Mayhem and they even have Elites wearing a reskinned version of the Maximum Force Responder armor and Shields with Elite skins. Didn't see a Skulldozer - might be just a Death Wish thing.

One Down is...hillarious. The Z-Force dudes seem cool but I didn't get a good look at them. If they even so much look at you for more then a second then you're dead. My first :pubstove: heist doing The Diamond Loud ended about few minutes into the assault wave.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Mayhem sucks, they really need to fix the enemy health because its dumb, it may be bugged though. Like I didn't play a whole lot of old Death Wish, but enemies feel a lot more bullet spongey than that.

Running dozers are a nice change though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

TopHatGenius posted:

Also seems inconsistent-I managed to take down a Killdozer in a few shots with the loco and then I emptied my loco on a regular dozer, point blank, faceplate gone. Same applies for enemies.

This is a general issue with bulldozers and buckshot. When you hit an enemy with multiple shotgun pellets the game chooses one randomly for damage calculation. Generally pellets that hit the head have a higher priority than pellets that hit the body, but pellets that hit the faceplate don't have priority. If you land a pellet in the faceplate and two in the body you've got a 33% chance of actually damaging the faceplate.

When I rolled with my shotgun build I used to take one buckshot/flechette/dragon's breath shotgun and one HE mainly for busting faceplates but that was before the update.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 7, 2016