Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

quote:

Am I doing this right?

Yeah you're doing great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/jeff-minter-announces-polybius-playstation-vr

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Dibs on Skeletor

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yessss

Something about that tube rolling around underfoot is exceptionally nauseating looking though

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I got my Dreamcast back from the repair shop and I have been playing the port of Spider-Man and I am about to bust out Resident Evil 2. The Dreamcast is amazing and the jet engine sound of it loading a disc is how you know it is full of power.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3098558&pagenumber=2&perpage=40#post358054375

drat I forgot how much I love this old thread

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 7, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

"Specified thread was not found in the live forums."

weird, not seen this error before, and if its an archives thing i have archives...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

boy are my arms tired posted:

"Specified thread was not found in the live forums."

weird, not seen this error before, and if its an archives thing i have archives...

i hosed up, didn't know you can't use single-post in archives :(

anyway it was the first one on the second page, i didnt get very far yet

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

CrashCat posted:

i hosed up, didn't know you can't use single-post in archives :(

anyway it was the first one on the second page, i didnt get very far yet

ah, thanks

lmao "Posted: 12:48 a.m. by Goku1440 I found an awesome loophole! On page 242 it says "Add oregano to taste!" It doesn't say how much oregano, or what sort of taste! You can add as much oregano as you want! I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

jesus, the link on top of page 3 is a winner too... in a different way :stonk:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Do people like the audio logs in The Witness

I like the video I watched on YouTube that is just a clip from Nostalghia

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I know I'm really dumb for sort of wanting this and I'll probably not get it because the chance of any new Sonic game actually being one of the good ones is always 50/50 at best but I still sort of want this:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Follow your dreams.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Realtalk though I just preordered this thing so that's hardly nothin'.

https://www.amazon.com/Tales-Berseria-Collectors-PlayStation-4/dp/B01LY3WFEJ/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Am I wrong or do japanese games tend to get way more extravagant preorder deluxe versions (not necessarily better, just...more)?

Like, I am trying to think of an american preorder thing that had a lot of stuff in it and I can only think of uhh the duke nukem forever thing where it turned into a big disappointment because the goods that came with it were apparently really lame and I think the most recent gears of war had a version that came with a cosplay gun prop thing that came in different colors and it looked kinda neat

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
You are 100% right. They do collectors editions and preorder poo poo like nobody's business.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

glam rock hamhock posted:

I know I'm really dumb for sort of wanting this and I'll probably not get it because the chance of any new Sonic game actually being one of the good ones is always 50/50 at best but I still sort of want this:

Only tangentially related but I kinda want one of these

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/09/01/heres-the-list-of-games-included-with-retro-bit-generations-console/223938/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nah man check out some of the gears of war and call of duty limited editions from the height of their popularity

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Didn't Fallout 4 have the thing you put on your arm

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Was that exorbitantly expensive joke thing from one of the Saints Row games actually buyable?

Also yeah Call of Duty ones came with like Night Vision goggles and a Drone or RC Car or some poo poo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it should play the sonic 2 1up jingle but yeah that's good

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I played two separate DnD 4e campaigns with different groups. Had a lot of fun with the first one but moved away. Second one went for 6 months once a week and ended when one guy made some racist comments during a session and pissed off the DM's wife and then it came out that everyone secretly hated the racist guy but never brought it up. He was incredibly unfun to play with. I played a Star Wars campaign with some of the same people and it was fun until one of the people involved got overly obsessed with their character and started writing fan fiction about the game and sharing it on occasion at sessions and it was very awkward to me and I had to stop playing with them. Tabletop people can be weird.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Oh poo poo it has Battle Unit Zeoth.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

Am I wrong or do japanese games tend to get way more extravagant preorder deluxe versions (not necessarily better, just...more)?

Like, I am trying to think of an american preorder thing that had a lot of stuff in it and I can only think of uhh the duke nukem forever thing where it turned into a big disappointment because the goods that came with it were apparently really lame and I think the most recent gears of war had a version that came with a cosplay gun prop thing that came in different colors and it looked kinda neat
https://www.google.com/search?q=collector%27s+edition&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch

I'm guessing we get poo poo for preorder bonuses because they want to sell these ridiculously huge expensive packages of garbage instead

Maybe I misunderstood the comment though

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Tuesday game releases annoy me when something is coming out soon that I want to play. DQ Builders is out on Tuesday. It's the weekend for me now. I want to be playing it now. But I have to wait until Tuesday and will be super busy with work stuff next week and won't really get to play until Friday. Why not just release it when I'm ready to play, is what I'm saying.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Nah man check out some of the gears of war and call of duty limited editions from the height of their popularity

Yeah, two of the most popular franchises in American had some crazy poo poo. It's way more common in Japanese games.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bloodychill posted:

Tuesday game releases annoy me when something is coming out soon that I want to play. DQ Builders is out on Tuesday. It's the weekend for me now. I want to be playing it now. But I have to wait until Tuesday and will be super busy with work stuff next week and won't really get to play until Friday. Why not just release it when I'm ready to play, is what I'm saying.
Yeah I want to play Robot Golf and it's digital only but it's Monday anyway :argh:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Japan makes expensive poo poo because they're after the whales. Not many people will buy the stuff to begin with so they just make the most expensive stuff they can to get the most from the few who'll buy in.

Idiots like me, for example.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

You could move to Europe where it's out next Friday but the downside is that you'd be living in videogame hell

We still don't have the new Rhythm Heaven or Picross 3D 2

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

We still don't have the new Rhythm Heaven or Picross 3D 2

And that's why you homebrew your 3DS. Region-locking is for chumps.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Phantasium posted:

Japan makes expensive poo poo because they're after the whales. Not many people will buy the stuff to begin with so they just make the most expensive stuff they can to get the most from the few who'll buy in.

Idiots like me, for example.

i used to laugh at people who imported CEs from japan

persona 5 changed me, i'm actively looking for new poo poo to import

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

It would be amazing if the genesis cart actually did something if you put it in a genesis and wasn't just a reproduction thing.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Andrast posted:

And that's why you homebrew your 3DS. Region-locking is for chumps.

I will continue to download system updates and wait months for games like a good citizen

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CJacobs posted:

It would be amazing if the genesis cart actually did something if you put it in a genesis and wasn't just a reproduction thing.

It plays this on an endless loop.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I will continue to download system updates and wait months for games like a good citizen

If you have CFW you can still download system updates, play online and use the eshop with a homebrewed console

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Yes! Yes!

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ridiculous Call of Duty Collector's Editions you say?!
http://m.gamestop.com/product/ps4/games/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii-juggernog-edition/123422

Though you could debate that this one actually has a useful thing in it but that fridge is probably made of the cheapest components. Also, fairly small.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Should I start at the beginning of the Yakuza series or jump to a particular game and just watch a story synopsis or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

StripNebulosa's suggestion has been making the wait for DQB bearable though. Pretty fun, although the game will occasionally throw a bunch of BS on the last wave and I am always tempted to use too many runes on each map.

• Locked thread