Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

This is basically Trent Baalke in reverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

What's his excuse for the O line and the rest of the offensive talent not named TY?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Spoeank posted:

BRUCE 👏 MILLER 👏 WAS 👏 HELD 👏

That's why I picked it lmao

Remember when jacoby did that sick nasty move on the entire 9ers secondary or krapernick overthrew Crabtree thrice. Good times

Now I'm thinking about when justin smith tried to do his hold two oline move for a free stunt, and kelechi, birk, and Yanda said nope

Oberst fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 7, 2016

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I was about to say that I should give Grigson a slight pass because Jerry Hughes is apparently a very good player who was poo poo in Indy, so that'd be on the coaching, but he was drafted in 2010, and Grigson started in 2012, so that's out.

Hmm, let's look at the main picks of the Grigson drafts:

2012:
1 - QB Andrew Luck
2 - TE Coby Fleener
3 - TE Dwayne Allen
3 - WR TY Hilton

2013:
1 - DE Bjoern Werner - out of football in 2 years
2 - Traded for CB Vontae Davis
3 - G Hugh Thornton - Starting guard since a rookie, on IR from preseason

2014:
1 - Traded for RB Trent Richardson
2 - T Jack Mewhort - a starting tackle.
3 - WR Donte Moncrief - a fine 3rd option

1 - WR Philip Dorsett - Was a low producing rookie, hasn't done much of anything this year.
2 - Traded for 3rd + 4th.
3 - CB D'Joun Smith - cut and gone already.
3 - DE Henry Anderson - has 1 sack as a backup.

So aside from Luck and Hilton and the trade for Vontae, you've got a handful of decent players and a bunch of whiffs. They've also drafted as many WR's as defensive players in the first three rounds, and all three whiffed pretty hard. Only glanced slightly at rounds 4-7 in the draft, but nobody jumped out as someone worth mentioning.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Somehow, things got worse for the Bucs. This game is going to be so bad.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Coldforge posted:

Did he do anything protest related?

I don't think so.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
In hindsight, Bjoern Werner was an obvious bust and anyone, including myself, who thought otherwise was definitely retarded and possibly a pencil-necked dweeb with hangups about race. Michael Sam was a more legitimate first rounder.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Somehow, things got worse for the Bucs. This game is going to be so bad.

Are you ready for Derek Anderson to poo poo all over the bucs again?

Ehud posted:

Fiz are the Panthers going to completely miss the playoffs :-/

They've lost to the Broncos by a FG, the Vikings whom they dominated for a half, and the Falcons who have maybe the best WR in the league.

They need to figure out how to support their tackles, and get consistent play in the secondary, which they've done before (2014, 2013, etc)

That said, if they lose to the bucs on monday night.....woof.

zimbomonkey posted:

No way bene clears waivers. He is a decent CB. I'm really confused as to what happened here

He's really not. Like I said, he was the lowest ranked slot CB on pff last year, and he's looked awful in practice and against the Falcons. I mean, he didn't look like an NFL athlete out there, and not just because Julio was working him.

They must have seen something on tape that was even worse than what we watched on sunday.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Speaking of the Panthers, Word of Muth just put up his column focusing on them for this week: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2016/word-muth-carolina-shuffle

quote:

This line's performance in Atlanta was a mixed bag. At center, Ryan Kalil played really well. Mike Remmers, who was playing left tackle for an injured Michael Oher, played really badly (evidence to follow). The guards, Andrew Norwell and Trai Turner, were pretty good and OK, respectively. Right tackle Daryl Williams was probably below average. Overall I don't think it was a disaster, but it wasn't the kind of performance that Carolina got from this unit last year.

I think a big part of the problem was that the offensive line was reconfigured due to the Oher injury. Remmers was a disaster at left tackle, and Williams wasn't very good on the right side. That lead to constant pressure off both edges that Newton had to deal with. On top of generally poor tackle play, I think playing next to Williams really affected Turner. I thought they seemed off when working together all day, and I don't think it's coincidence that Turner looked better whenever he was working inside (with Kalil) as opposed to outside.

The play breakdowns are pretty interesting, and really illustrate how bad it is to be playing backup left tackles.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Are you ready for Derek Anderson to poo poo all over the bucs again?

I am. I can't wait to see Conte get abused over and over again.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Chichevache posted:

In hindsight, Bjoern Werner was an obvious bust and anyone, including myself, who thought otherwise was definitely retarded and possibly a pencil-necked dweeb with hangups about race. Michael Sam was a more legitimate first rounder.

The commentators at the draft after the pick were like wtf this guy is not a first rounder. Good old Grigsy, always taking a chance on finding gold in a pile of poo poo.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jacoby Brissett goes to IR, coincidentally tomorrow Tom Brady's roster exemption is up and they need to free up a spot.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

Speaking of the Panthers, Word of Muth just put up his column focusing on them for this week: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2016/word-muth-carolina-shuffle

The play breakdowns are pretty interesting, and really illustrate how bad it is to be playing backup left tackles.

Remmers had 4 false starts in 5 play attempts.

In the one play that got off, he got away with holding.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Remmers had 4 false starts in 5 play attempts.

In the one play that got off, he got away with holding.

In the gif where Dwight Freeney lines up in the wide 9, I think Remmer tries to spin move when Freeney does.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Elephanthead posted:

The commentators at the draft after the pick were like wtf this guy is not a first rounder. Good old Grigsy, always taking a chance on finding gold in a pile of poo poo.

I mean, he was absolutely dominant at FSU and had decent measurable. Pretty much every one had him placed in the late first round.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

God drat gently caress that piece of poo poo stupid mother fucker. Don't they have 10 million right now? Go get someone. I wouldn't be as pissed if the O-Line wasn't hosed too....

...wait...I'm a Bengals fan now. So Who Dey!

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Imagine being a QB that is excited for Michael Oher to be your LT again

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Kalli posted:

In the gif where Dwight Freeney lines up in the wide 9, I think Remmer tries to spin move when Freeney does.

Yeah I noticed that too. He does it on two different plays Ben highlighted.

I know they're in a close bunch, but the description of "wide 9 or slot cornerback" is amusing. Then you see he's actually lined up outside a WR. It took at least 2 or 3 reps for me to figure out where Freeney was coming from.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hey Grigson, thanks for letting Dwight Freeney walk. I hadn't see a sack since Abe retired was cut 2 years too soon.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/784481064303591424
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/784481374522793985

Fuuuuuuck, don't do it Kap. Get all the money you can right now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Coldforge posted:

Fuuuuuuck, don't do it Kap. Get all the money you can right now.

Sounds like he's doing it so they'll be willing to play him, because the Gabbert experience needs to be over now.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The people tailgating next to me at the Chiefs/Jets game were drinking wine and no one gave a poo poo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Agreed, he already signed the single most team-friendly starting QB contract I've ever seen.

Seems bullshit to restructure that to take away his injury guarantees.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No Butt Stuff posted:

Chiefs/Jets game

No Butt Stuff posted:

no one gave a poo poo.

Checks out.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/JasonColeBR/status/784484021061373952

This is great, Kaepernick gets his first game up against noted outspoken Trump supporters Rex Ryan and Richie Incognito.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

fsif posted:

https://twitter.com/JasonColeBR/status/784484021061373952

This is great, Kaepernick gets his first game up against noted outspoken Trump supporters Rex Ryan and Richie Incognito.

IT'S LIT

CHIP, KAEP. LETS GET WEIRD

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gynecolojustice posted:

does anyone else feel like their testosterone levels skyrocket once cooler weather arrives

Gynecolojustice posted:

I watched 3 episodes of "Spartacus: Gods of the Arena" instead of this game

Pretty sure I found your trigger.

I actually feel like mine spikes too, but I just assumed I'm angry all the time because I have to see family in Fall.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lol Chip is going to call a college offense until Kaep explodes to try and save his job.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Pretty sure I found your trigger.

I actually feel like mine spikes too, but I just assumed I'm angry all the time because I have to see family in Fall.

Heat just makes you sluggish. Just imagine the difference between jumping in a cold lake or relaxing in a hot tub.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Lol Chip is going to call a college offense until Kaep explodes to try and save his job.
Chip will get one more season regardless of how the Niners finish.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
"$8,103 per pump"

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/784487995093164032

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Heat just makes you sluggish. Just imagine the difference between jumping in a cold lake or relaxing in a hot tub.

It makes me feel sluggish, I don't know if everyone feels that way. It's the main reason I want to leave California. The weather is depressing and muggy too often and I loathe it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tailgating at Arrowhead is not a no one gives a poo poo situation.

Now the game, eh.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

3 pump chump

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yo Goodell, Key and Peele was making fun of you, not laying out a business plan.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
N: https://twitter.com/Mathieu_Era/status/784489994136133632

V: Slow your roll there, honey badger.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'll allow it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

With the way the rest of Arizona is playing he looks more like Steven Jackson.

swickles posted:

Yo Goodell, Key and Peele was making fun of you, not laying out a business plan.

Lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/joshmccown12/status/784515785548976128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hey Jameis, what are you going to try to do Monday but fail to do?

https://twitter.com/WFLAPaul/status/784197068957052928?s=09

• Locked thread