Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Antti posted:

Who actually caused the recession can be immaterial.

I believe RuanGacho is saying that maybe if we just keep electing Democrats, we actually won't get a recession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gfsincere posted:

Funny you say that, because I was Intel in the Marines and worked in a G-2, and the people whose minor fuckups like accidentally transmitting something that was supposed to be classified but improperly marked got nothing but a talking to and maybe sent back to retraining. There was a E-5 that did it a week before his promotion and still got his E-6. No A15 or nothing.

Now if you're already on a shitlist, then you might get nailed to the wall for it, but that's because they were already looking for something to nail you on.

plus also, who writes up the boss? hillary's direct superior was obama

lmao at a bunch of republicans whining and moaning that the head chief boss doesn't get treated the same as the rank and file employees, usually they're all about that dumb rear end double standard

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

comingafteryouall posted:

He literally cannot admit he was wrong.

Why would he have to admit something false? The Don is never wrong.

Like I think he's possibly incapable of lying because he believes everything he says is teue, then forgets about it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Welp

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/20/donald-trump-sexual-assault-allegations-jill-harth-interview

quote:

There was the initial leering in that first December meeting in Trump Tower, and the inappropriate questions after her relationship status. It continued the next night over dinner at the Plaza Hotel’s Oak Room, where at a dinner with beauty pageant contestants she alleges he groped her under the table.

It culminated in January 1993, when Harth and Houraney were visiting his Florida mansion, Mar-a-Lago, to finalize and then celebrate the beauty pageant deal with a party.

After business concluded, Harth and Houraney were on tour of Mar-a-Lago along with a group of young pageant contestants – Trump wanted to “see the quality of the girls he was sponsoring”, Harth recalled – when he pulled her aside into one of the children’s bedrooms.

“He pushed me up against the wall, and had his hands all over me and tried to get up my dress again,” Harth said, “and I had to physically say: ‘What are you doing? Stop it.’ It was a shocking thing to have him do this because he knew I was with George, he knew they were in the next room. And how could he be doing this when I’m there for business?”

Apparently he does just grab them in the pussy

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

RuanGacho posted:

The crack in this theory is that Republicans might cause recessions.

No. They are more a global thing. Like natural disasters. The ebb and flow of capitalist economics cause them. There will always be recessions and recoveries. Always plan for recessions, like you might plan for a hurricane in the parts of the country prone to them.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

jfc

there really is always more and it really is always worse

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Just a reminder that Anthony Weiner's career ended for sending his dick to women.

This is WAY beyond that.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

We men, you can assume

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

WampaLord posted:

I believe RuanGacho is saying that maybe if we just keep electing Democrats, we actually won't get a recession.
Well, we might get one in the sense of a mathematic recession, but "two quarters where there's some layoffs and the stock market dips to about 13.5k and then gets back up within a year" is a recession, but might not be the same experience as the life-devastating product of Republican policies that occurred in '08.

So I keep running into another weird thing, USPOL, which is this strange assumption people have that the people who don't vote, are not voting as a deliberate and affirmative choice to select "neither of the above." My understanding is that this is bullshit, and the people who don't vote are either busy, occupied, etc. and are otherwise demographically similar to those who do - or are felons, etc. who are not permitted to vote. Is this correct?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

mannerup posted:

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/784490773345513472

lol at nbc trying to clean up the headline language for this

HRC just needs to run this juxtaposed with DJT saying "nobody respects women more than me", end of ad.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

boner confessor posted:

this is one reason why it's goofy for younger millenials to clutch pearls about hillary's "superpredator" comments. if you don't remember the late 80's/early 90's violent crime was way worse than now, and one of the theories was that criminals were just, like, extra worse. of course it wasn't true and it was racist and stupid, but basically everyone was buying into the idea at the time. much like brightly colored baggy pants and mc hammer, you had to have been there to really get it
You forget the reason why they were extra worse: the crack epidemic of the early 80's. All kinds of studies were coming out saying the babies who were born addicted were found to be lacking in empathy and just generally sociopathic (they weren't) so there was this huge fear that a new generation of 'superpredators' had been born that was just waiting to grow up and pounce on white America without mercy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

WeAreTheRomans posted:

I mean some poo poo Trump says is kinda ridiculous but it comes off worse because of the halo of poo poo effect surrounding him, but "yeah bro grab her by the pussy" is pretty unspinnable imho

yeah i was like 'eh this is kind of creepy but spending a lot of money on a girl to try and get her to gently caress you is standard gross rich guy behavior,' and then, uh, grab her by the pussy.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

duz posted:

Bill Clinton is on his back and you're not turning him over, why is that?

:smirk: because someone's still on top of him.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

WampaLord posted:

Given that the tools to fight a recession are pretty much split between the Fed and Congress, electing Democratic Presidents is not going to do that much to stave off recessions. And the economy is basically "designed" to have recessions, state power is meant to be used to cool the economy down when it's going hot (instead of massive tax cuts) and stimulate it when it's slowing down (instead of massive tax cuts).

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
Hillary is probably in a town hall practice with instructions to her staffers to ask the most hosed up questions possible and paid Alec Baldwin to play as Trump.

They are on hour 57 of practice.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Nessus posted:

So I keep running into another weird thing, USPOL, which is this strange assumption people have that the people who don't vote, are not voting as a deliberate and affirmative choice to select "neither of the above." My understanding is that this is bullshit, and the people who don't vote are either busy, occupied, etc. and are otherwise demographically similar to those who do - or are felons, etc. who are not permitted to vote. Is this correct?

I believe a large part of the non-voting population has never voted and never will and barely understands that we have elections.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
remember other political campaigns where scandals would come in , like, once a week maybe, rather than multiple ones per hour

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

gfsincere posted:

Re: Luke Cage discussion

Lololol you think the cop was punished reasonably (suspended without pay) after committing multiple felonies such as:
- kidnapping of a minor
- multiple civil rights violations
- assault of a minor
- battery of a minor
- also you get to tack on the "under the color of authority" enhancements and now you're talking federal charges, especially with the kidnapping charge.

But yeah, not getting paid for a bit is appropriate for that. /sarcasm

They should have burned that goddamn police station down for that poo poo.

Oh it was bad but it was portrayed as a lone cop going to far due to regret of his old friends death instead of a problem with the system itself.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Brony Car posted:

Hillary Cultists: what's your preferred response to the "any low level soldier/employee who handled classified information like Hillary did would have gotten court-martialed/arrested" argument.

The fact that literally all the low level State and Defense Department staff involved didn't get arrested or even in serious trouble either. Duh.

Did people not notice that those emails were going to various low level staffers and not just Hillary?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WeAreTheRomans posted:

remember other political campaigns where scandals would come in , like, once a week maybe, rather than multiple ones per hour

In a regular campaign it's more like one scandal or serious gaffe per month. We're getting scandals of that magnitude daily or more often.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Nessus posted:

Well, we might get one in the sense of a mathematic recession, but "two quarters where there's some layoffs and the stock market dips to about 13.5k and then gets back up within a year" is a recession, but might not be the same experience as the life-devastating product of Republican policies that occurred in '08.

If you ask an undecided voter three times why they are not voting, you will get three different answers

They just do not want to be bothered with jt

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

WeAreTheRomans posted:

HRC just needs to run this juxtaposed with DJT saying "nobody respects women more than me", end of ad.

All they need to do is run the whole clip unedited.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nessus posted:

They're not entirely demographically similar, since you can correlate a bunch of things - education, income, race, number of children - to voting (and to each other)... but yes, they're either lazy or busy or felons.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i think also a large portion of any electorate simply doesn't care or has forsaken politics for various reasons. can't say i blame them

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

theblackw0lf posted:

Just a reminder that Anthony Weiner's career ended for sending his dick to women.

This is WAY beyond that.

I mean let's be real, ANYTHING Trump has done in the past year would have scuttled a billion different careers but he can escape it for some loving reason.
I dunno if he can escape this though. On one hand nothing matters but on the other you can't really spin "grab her right in the pussy and she'll do whatever you want"

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

quote:

“I moved on her and I failed. I’ll admit it,”

Can someone shop this gif with Trump, the hair should match up pretty well

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

socialsecurity posted:

Oh it was bad but it was portrayed as a lone cop going to far due to regret of his old friends death instead of a problem with the system itself.

It wasn't, actually. Rewatch the 5 minutes before that scene. It was literally replaying stop and frisk, except it wasn't just because they were black, it was because they were black AND all black people must know each other so if you basically rough up enough black people, you'll eventually get someone to tell you where Luke Cage is.

The child being beaten by the police was the culmination of that.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Megyn Kelly's show should be interesting today.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

lozzle posted:

All they need to do is run the whole clip unedited.

They'd have to run it after hours when kids are asleep

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Maybe clinton is dying of some unknown disease and this is all the work of the make a wish foundation.

On Terra Firma fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 7, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/AlexNBCNews/status/784492191536254976

:getin:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Brony Car posted:

Hillary Cultists: what's your preferred response to the "any low level soldier/employee who handled classified information like Hillary did would have gotten court-martialed/arrested" argument.

Not a cultist but:
8 investigations and counting, all Republican led, and not loving iota of fault.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheHell_Podcast/status/784495458068598784

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Nessus posted:

The most disproportionate groups for non-voters are Hispanics, people with a High School degree (or less), and 18-29.

So probably not the people who make an informed rational decision to not vote.

They also think the government is crappy, but also prefer it to small/non-existant government.

computer parts fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 7, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Jezebel/status/784496757942124544

Man that's real unfortunate.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
so, yeah - this is actually a lot worse than anything we've got him on tape saying before, by a long shot. this is going to hurt him, I can't imagine not seeing a drop among evangelicals and especially women

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

And right on cue,

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/784495433779412992

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

The Evangelicals have sold absolutely all their principles down the river for that glimmering SCOTUS seat. They don't give a poo poo.

Someone in the crowd needs to whip out a phone and start playing Donald talking about grabbing pussy very very loudly just before Ryan starts talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Trump is wrong. Do not grab women by the pussy, please.

From a sheer physics point of view that sounds a) improbable and b) immensely painful anyway

the dark places my mind goes sometimes

• Locked thread