Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Antti posted:

Wait, "Trump apologizes?" Really? He apologized for something?!

Yes and it was by mutual understanding. They just focused on the downballot while Dole shambled around pretending to run a serious campaign.

No. "I'm sorry if you were offended" isn't an apology

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I can't play the audio at work because of the proxy. Blargh. There are people here who need to hear this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Minimalist Program posted:

there's going to be a leak of donald trump calling somebody a friend of the family
quit arzying, man, there's no way trump regains the favor of the republican party. :v:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

canepazzo posted:

Oooooh lordie talk about bad timing - this was 2 hours ago.

https://twitter.com/SpeakerRyan/status/784469076718616576

Reminder that Paul Ryan is scheduled to be on stage with Donald Trump tomorrow (along with Rience Priebus and Scott Walker).

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

greatn posted:

No. "I'm sorry if you were offended" isn't an apology

canepazzo posted:

Of course not. He "apologizes if anyone got offended".

It's still more than Trump has ever done on that front which shows even he realizes how bad this one is.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
:lol: You know it's bad when Trump actually apologizes.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So what happens if Trump drops out?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Really looking forward the the GOP supporting Trump through this, then after the election going with "we didn't ACTUALLY agree with all that stuff he said but you understand that the SCOTUS is so important so you won't hold it to us in the interest of fairness right??"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I almost wonder if that non-apology will be worse for him than if he'd just been silent or kept on Trumpin'

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

theblackw0lf posted:

Bottom falls out of the GOP bandwagon, ???/Pence get 35% of the vote, downballot is slaughtered, 60-80 electors vote for Pence instead of Trump, a couple electors vote Trump

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Antti posted:

It's still more than Trump has ever done on that front which shows even he realizes how bad this one is.

It's basically "I'm sorry that for some reason you're feeling offended by this" which is p. much the kind of non-apology that you'll get from any true narcissist. Also there's deffo going to be a video tape released of Donald Trump doing the V-finger cunnilingus gesture at a girl on The Apprentice within 3 weeks.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This story has shot to the top of r/politics despite only being an hour old. This has legs.

The hot mic/secret tape aspect of this one sets it apart from the rest of Trump's awful comments.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

theblackw0lf posted:

President Ted Cruz. President Hillary Clinton happens either way

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theblackw0lf posted:

the GOP gets to pick a new candidate, I think? Most likely Pence would be pushed up and he'd grab some random nobody as VP, and the party would just write the presidency off and Pence would use the next month to try and help the downballot races.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Night10194 posted:

So, is this anything or another Wikileaks nothingburger?

Campaign manager emails campaign chairman? Sounds like we need another 8 Congressional investigations.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
I wish the tape wasn't just describing actual literal sexual assault tactics because holy poo poo is "grab her by the pussy" insanely funny on its own

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
poo poo like this can't have been hard to find. How loving incompetent is the GOP for not finding this and airing it in January?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
The bad thing about the audio leak is that it's hard for Clinton to say, during the debate, that Donald Trump said "grab her by the pussy", because Clinton can't say that word on national television so she'll have to come up with some good way of making reference to that sentence, without saying it.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Grab her right in the pussy!!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Radish posted:

Really looking forward the the GOP supporting Trump through this, then after the election going with "we didn't ACTUALLY agree with all that stuff he said but you understand that the SCOTUS is so important so you won't hold it to us in the interest of fairness right??"
I'm wondering if all this bullshit means they won't get that pass. I mean, they'll get a partial pass, obviously, but I suspect they won't get a complete pass.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

I wish the tape wasn't just describing actual literal sexual assault tactics because holy poo poo is "grab her by the pussy" insanely funny on its own
grab her by the vagina bones

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I feel suddenly miserable and ashamed for our country, internationally speaking, that we let this loving depressing waste of a human mind and flesh onto the public stage like this.

:smith:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

So is the elextion over? It feels like it's over. Burial at the Town Hall on Sunday?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

greatn posted:

poo poo like this can't have been hard to find. How loving incompetent is the GOP for not finding this and airing it in January?

Something establishment lane something.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

theblackw0lf posted:

There's no precedent that I can think of, but the GOP would have to draft someone really loving quickly. Alternatively hell freezes over at the news that Trump actually accepted some of the consequences of his behaviour for the first time in his life.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I feel suddenly miserable and ashamed for our country, internationally speaking, that we let this loving depressing waste of a human mind and flesh onto the public stage like this.

:smith:

*check watch + date and then looks at u*

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784496528069107712

Someone save this tweet for the next time he talks about Hillary being corrupt or deserving to be in jail.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

This story has shot to the top of r/politics despite only being an hour old. This has legs.

And yet is strangely absent from r/the_donald :iiam:

greatn posted:

https://twitter.com/willrahn/status/784501181464846340

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Trump is not going to drop out you cretins.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

greatn posted:

"Trump grabs a woman by her pussy" would probably have helped him in the GOP primary

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

The bad thing about the audio leak is that it's hard for Clinton to say, during the debate, that Donald Trump said "grab her by the pussy", because Clinton can't say that word on national television so she'll have to come up with some good way of making reference to that sentence, without saying it.

By that point, every single woman in America will know the words verbatim

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Endorph posted:

grab her by the vagina bones

I'm pissed Nintendo took the pussy-grabbing mini-game out of Fates

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Nope. He's going to gently caress this chicken until he loses, in what is increasingly looking like it could be a complete rout.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Of course not, and the RNC has no way of forcing him out.

It's going to be a glorious bloodbath.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784496528069107712

Someone save this tweet for the next time he talks about Hillary being corrupt or deserving to be in jail.

it's kind of heartwarming that the replies to this have a couple of ~deplorables~ going 'actually this is gross'

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

sarmhan posted:

Nope. He's going to gently caress this chicken until he loses, in what is increasingly looking like it could be a complete rout.

There's going to be an audio leak of him talking about kicking a jew's rear end for being "jewy".

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I hope this teaches a few men that PC culture has won and no longer is it cool to grope women without express permission

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

They need to turn out the base for the downballot and if their nominee goes away into the night turnout is going to go down the drain. The GOP are stuck with him and Trump's obviously not dropping out because he's Donald Trump.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

I'm pissed Nintendo took the pussy-grabbing mini-game out of Fates

Try blowing harder next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Hitler B. Natural posted:

There's no precedent that I can think of, but the GOP would have to draft someone really loving quickly. Alternatively hell freezes over at the news that Trump actually accepted some of the consequences of his behaviour for the first time in his life.

He didn't. The press statement (which probably isn't from him) was a half assed whiny "sorry if you were offended lol" apology.

• Locked thread