Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilgrimski
Apr 23, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

Mayhem sucks, they really need to fix the enemy health because its dumb, it may be bugged though. Like I didn't play a whole lot of old Death Wish, but enemies feel a lot more bullet spongey than that.

Running dozers are a nice change though.

This is pretty much my trip report too for Mayhem.

Also: did the plainsrider get a huge buff or is it a bug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Do dozers still stand still in molotovs?

SAMARIX
Jul 8, 2013
My trip report from One Down.

Cops have way to much health. Damage wise cops seem to be all over the place, I can sometimes take a burst of AR fire and lose my armour or get insta downed by something like a taser or a guy with a MP5.
The worst is I did not fear Dozers as much as I feared Cloakers and Tasers who have so much HP they can just rush you and tank all your shots., they seemed to take longer to kill than Dozers to me.
The HP also makes some of the less damaging guns hard to want to use.

While it was possible to win, I felt it was less about killing cops and more about tying them up so you could get the objective done and sneak out.
I really do not like the HP changes.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

SAMARIX posted:

My trip report from One Down.

Cops have way to much health. Damage wise cops seem to be all over the place, I can sometimes take a burst of AR fire and lose my armour or get insta downed by something like a taser or a guy with a MP5.
The worst is I did not fear Dozers as much as I feared Cloakers and Tasers who have so much HP they can just rush you and tank all your shots., they seemed to take longer to kill than Dozers to me.
The HP also makes some of the less damaging guns hard to want to use.

While it was possible to win, I felt it was less about killing cops and more about tying them up so you could get the objective done and sneak out.
I really do not like the HP changes.

I'm seeing some insane numbers being quoted.

Elites - 480
Tans - 960
Cloakers - 3,600

Bend over, boys and girls.

Metalocalypse
Jul 29, 2006

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Elites - 480
Tans - 960
Cloakers - 3,600

This would explain SO MUCH. Tazers were taking around 6-8 breaker shots at 206 for me, all headshots. I wonder how much they tweaked the headshot multis, while we are at it.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Is there still a skill that gives you an extra down? Does it work on One Down?

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

So what's the proper way to make a death cannon Thanatos now? I know before the skill revamp it needed a silencer because silenced guns got an overall bigger bonus, and it was great using it and hearing over voice chat, "...did you just oneshot a dozer?"

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Geight posted:

Is there still a skill that gives you an extra down? Does it work on One Down?

Just tested it - it does. So that's invaluable, since it doubles your downs for 4 skill points.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Lyrai posted:

So what's the proper way to make a death cannon Thanatos now? I know before the skill revamp it needed a silencer because silenced guns got an overall bigger bonus, and it was great using it and hearing over voice chat, "...did you just oneshot a dozer?"

List of skills that make you do more damage across all weapon types:
High Value Target I (+15%)
High Value Target II (+50%)
Overkill II (+75%)
Specialized Killing I (+15%)
Specialized Killing II (+15%)
Berserker II (+40% base, up to 100%)
Underdog (+15%)

So if you could manage to stack all those skills, you could probably do some work. You'd have to start the chain by scoring a shotgun kill, though.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Tempest_56 posted:

Just tested it - it does. So that's invaluable, since it doubles your downs for 4 skill points.

Who would have guessed. :v:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
This seems like it makes ammomatter to a degree, but notin a good way.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Elites - 480
Tans - 960
Cloakers - 3,600

This here is nuts. Mayhem enemies were disgusting bullet sponges and 3,600 HP cloakers is nuts.

HE Shotgun rounds did take a substantial hit. It's still useful against shields and dozer faceplates on Mayhem and above but the explosive damage reduction vs elites now require a few HE shots on shields. Also overall Dozer AI seems a bit wonky. They'll run up but aside from them seeming scary they aren't that much different.

Ammo is a very severe issue right now. I'm thinking of making some sort of LMG Fartgun build just to contend with all of this.

:siren::siren:ALSO:siren::siren:

Get. Joker. Seriously. It seems like the reduction in damage on higher difficulties is applied to Jokered enemies so if you max out your conversion skills, you have this beast of an ally cop who can easily tango with large groups of enemies and come out mildly scratched. Works great with Hostage Taker.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Observations on some stealth levels in One Down

Murky Station: No lasers in the train cars
Golden Grin: No civilian in the archives, no money loot bags in the vault (terrible payout), several normal non-titan cameras (archive stairwell, front desk office, camera pointing at the security office)
The Diamond: Once you hack the box in the room with the pressure tiles, the pattern never resets or counts down.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

TopHatGenius posted:

Get. Joker. Seriously. It seems like the reduction in damage on higher difficulties is applied to Jokered enemies so if you max out your conversion skills, you have this beast of an ally cop who can easily tango with large groups of enemies and come out mildly scratched. Works great with Hostage Taker.

Yeah, I'm currently theorizing on the merits of having everyone run a Joker build and letting eight cops do the heist for you.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Elites - 480
Tans - 960
Cloakers - 3,600

Yeah, I went from 2 headshots from my silenced Car-4 killing a cloaker on Overkill before the patch to unloading about 20 shots into the head of a cloaker point blank on Mayhem and him just shrugging it off.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Tamayachi posted:

Yeah, I went from 2 headshots from my silenced Car-4 killing a cloaker on Overkill before the patch to unloading about 20 shots into the head of a cloaker point blank on Mayhem and him just shrugging it off.

This is what I want more info on. How much has DW been altered, and to what extent can it serve as a baseline for comparisons?

From what I can see, Tans no longer appear on anything below Mayhem. Starting with Mayhem, we get Elite Tans (I don't know what to call them). They have a pretty substantial amount of health, but Grays feel more or less unchanged. Specials might have been altered, though.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Concordat posted:

Observations on some stealth levels in One Down

Murky Station: No lasers in the train cars
Golden Grin: No civilian in the archives, no money loot bags in the vault (terrible payout), several normal non-titan cameras (archive stairwell, front desk office, camera pointing at the security office)
The Diamond: Once you hack the box in the room with the pressure tiles, the pattern never resets or counts down.

Sounds like a predictable fuckup- they may have used normal as the template they copied over when they built out the difficulty on some maps. All of those are Normal (or at least lower level) elements. If you see this in any other heists, let me know- I'm making the devs a list.

My moment to shine tomorrow!!

edit: leaktown:

There are unused, incomplete files for saga and KSP Z dozers in the game.

The new grenade is a concussion grenade.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Oct 8, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Some stray observations on One Down:

Enemies have way, way too much health. This buffing of health for all units, across all difficulties, is hilarious considering that they spent last year rebalancing the guns around the old breakpoints only to torpedo that this year. Yes, Cloakers and Tasers take too many shots, but the real problem are the common cops, who feel like bullet sponges even after you've taken aced Berserker. Ammo is going to be a real problem going forward, even with 600% bags.

Running Bulldozers don't seem to be too much of an issue. I haven't tried the Thanatos yet, but multiple coordinated people with RPGs works just fine.

Aced Nine Lives is non-negotiable; if your build doesn't have it then start over.

This is probably what launch Deathwish felt like. It's fun.

edit: Jules has started responding to criticism about the new difficulties. Gives some good insight in their design intentions. Link. I really wish you could just filter posts, but you can just read his responses and ignore the whining of everyone else.

OVERKILL_Jules posted:

On a side note : It is easier to having something to hard and make it easier than the other way arround.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 8, 2016

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

Some stray observations on One Down:

Enemies have way, way too much health. This buffing of health for all units, across all difficulties, is hilarious considering that they spent last year rebalancing the guns around the old breakpoints only to torpedo that this year. Yes, Cloakers and Tasers take too many shots, but the real problem are the common cops, who feel like bullet sponges even after you've taken aced Berserker. Ammo is going to be a real problem going forward, even with 600% bags.

Running Bulldozers don't seem to be too much of an issue. I haven't tried the Thanatos yet, but multiple coordinated people with RPGs works just fine.

Aced Nine Lives is non-negotiable; if your build doesn't have it then start over.

This is probably what launch Deathwish felt like. It's fun.

Enemies have way too much health, but don't seem do to much damage.

Untill a regular old Tazer rolls in and one shots you from full ICTV :v:

And hell yeah it's fun. Nightclub has never been so frantic, especially if you pack a minigun :black101: BRRRT Everywhere. Although I had to unload a full swan song at point blank into a DoZer face to get him down with the minigun.
Can't find a good secondary. Can't wait until I encounter a SWAT Van Turret on 1D.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
So grenade launchers are doing 1300 damage now. I'll admit I haven't played in a few months, is that new for today's update?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Sykic posted:

So grenade launchers are doing 1300 damage now. I'll admit I haven't played in a few months, is that new for today's update?

Yes. Grenade launchers, bows and crossbows got massive damage buffs for.... some reason.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

It appears the devs hadn't realized the problem with having multiple cloaked spawn structures. Yikes. Go Bank's not gonna be fun on the higher difficulties atm.

edit: leaktiem:

Panic Room 2016 tracks are in game. Some stuff that may be for the safe house too. Very rap backbeat feeling.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 8, 2016

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Yeah, nthing that they really need to reduce the sponginess of the cops. It isn't that they're difficult, it's that suddenly everything below a DMR is severely underpowered.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
The Devs had some great points on how to work your builds but at the moment with the inherit sponginess of enemies, I don't think it's gonna really work out well.

I haven't had luck getting a good One Down build that's workable. Perhaps I just need to make some sacrifices on what capstone abilities I take.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
What the gently caress is Bank Heist: Random?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

FWIW there are apparently some bugs causing at least some of the lower "tier" enemy HP values.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/350544200755102296/?ctp=4

Overkill is already talking about how everyone hates the general HP increase and will most likely reduce it in the near future.

Crabtree posted:

What the gently caress is Bank Heist: Random?

I think they consolidated all the Bank Heist: Deposit/Cash/Gold into one mission

EDIT: Here's the pinned topic about feedback http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/8/350544200755844876/

Tamayachi fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 8, 2016

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Nah it's the old "Bank Heist: Pro". It hand randomized loot, I guess that's what we're left with after the great Pro Purge.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

It appears the devs hadn't realized the problem with having multiple cloaked spawn structures. Yikes. Go Bank's not gonna be fun on the higher difficulties atm.

was it ever fun

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

was it ever fun

I enjoyed it :shrug:

Other news:
Saiga and KSP dozers are supposed to be active on OD, they're bugged atm. bunch fixes incoming. They wanted to do qualitative heist changes for OD, but all the map designers were busy.

Please be nice to devs, folks, Jules is getting swarmed on the forums.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Oct 8, 2016

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Discendo Vox posted:

FWIW there are apparently some bugs causing at least some of the lower "tier" enemy HP values.

Yeah, I saw some crazy numbers (using pocohud) that make no sense at all for some enemy types but I mean we got rocked so quickly it was hard to tell what at all was going on.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

From the steam forums:

quote:

Love the new difficulty. It reminds me of boiling point again when it first came out.

quote:

guys, before complaining about the new difficulties being too hard, remember
many of you asked for a harder difficulty, and ovk delivered

quote:

ow just finished my first heist on one down and i think it's really well done, very tough but after couple of days of training i think it will be awesome, thank you Overkill for bringing back the challenge, i'm very pleased indeed!

Have no idea why people come up here doing math, all you need to do is put some more bullets in the head as usual.
This is a minority, but they're vocal.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'm probably too lazy to do it myself but if someone is the suggesting type I think they need to rethink the XP penalty curves to better reflect the new difficulties available.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Discendo Vox posted:

I enjoyed it :shrug:

So no.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

go bank was fine before the update- we had enough stuff to handle distance enemies and damage that a god crew could handle it without issue.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
GO Bank is good, I enjoyed doing the Crimefest 2015 thing where you completed the heist with either an AK or CAR-4.

Still haven't played since this most recent update though.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Mayhem seems like it will be a fun challenge once they smooth out the enemy HP bugs. I actually don't particularly mind the idea of tasers and cloakers being that tanky, but having normal cops shrug off headshots feels bad.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Dr Cheeto posted:

GO Bank is good, I enjoyed doing the Crimefest 2015 thing where you completed the heist with either an AK or CAR-4.

Still haven't played since this most recent update though.

Don't. Everything is a bullet sponge and One Down is pretty much impossible on any loud mission.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

how much hp do snipers have?

edit: haha, now people on the steam forums are asking for the devs to make the next payday a cover-based third person shooter.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Discendo Vox posted:

how much hp do snipers have?

I'll let you know when I see one.

To give you an idea, the security guards (on Jewelry Store) have 360 instead of 80. If they see you, you'll need to drop a clip into them to down them... in the head.

The biker's on Big Oil DW have 450 now.

GenSec elite on DW have 900+