Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:synpa:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

what exactly is a sfw nude? Like underwear/swimsuit?

gonna guess naked but nothign showing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Lol if you think you can get good grades and be social to any large extent

You can totally do this you just have to have an easy major.

Sorry engineers. Either pass classes or have fun, not both.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's called adrafinil :rolleyes:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

i dont think this is true, for some odd reason I have a few friends that are engineers and some of them are normalish and some of them put 12 hours a day into work and the other 12 into being a depressed goon (not actual goon)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Probably covering her boobs with her hands and like a side-on view of the butt or something

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

For obvious reasons I'm way less familiar with the controlling boyfriend type, I'm actually curious if it's similar to what I've seen with girls where that guy has almost no male friends left because he's constantly paranoid about them/secretly competing with them in his own mind. Regardless, I hope all the suggestions wrt to "how to handle this" are along the lines of "break up with this awful person"

Pelvic Floor Wax
Jul 21, 2007

In the comments she made it sound like waist up. "No clothes, nipples upwards. Shows my face."

As for what nipples upwards means... I can't help.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

I got like a 3.3 in computer science at a tough school and also had a social life for the first time ever, through the magic of (a) taking at least one humanities class per semester that gave no assignments other than like four papers total and never doing the reading for it unless I was currently writing one of said papers, and (b) doing very little sleeping

It helps that the school was tough enough that everybody had the same struggle

e:

Pelvic Floor Wax posted:

In the comments she made it sound like waist up. "No clothes, nipples upwards. Shows my face."

As for what nipples upwards means... I can't help.

Ah, it's probably a topless shot that ends right before the nips

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Dial-a-Dog posted:

She didn't mention the thieves taking any money either. You've gotta figure once you've upgraded your breaking and entering to multiple counts of assault and kidnapping you'd at least go for the obvious extra of robbing the people present

They probably stole their drugs and the reddit lady doesn't wanna admit to it. I mean that's pretty loving highstakes for 500 bucks at most of stuff you can fence.

If she's not leaving out details yeah that's all the more reason to book it, since they're very dumb men with guns.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pick posted:

Smartest guy I know ended up working at a call center. Took him like five years to get out of that poo poo

I'm starting to think we know each other. How big was this guys dick?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

scrubs season six posted:

Probably just a slightly below average 8.5 inches.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Please change my name to Nipples, upward.

Also, lol if someone is sticking through a relationship after some deceitful poo poo like posting nudes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

scrubs season six posted:

*torrents of salt slathering every wound* augh

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

sucked my twin off posted:

My [23f] new bf [27m] of 3 months is either a disney character, crazy, or a liar. (guy with an eagle in his house)

If I was her, my biggest issue would be how to convince him to marry him. That guy is loving cool.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

If I was her, my biggest issue would be how to convince him to marry him. That guy is loving cool.

Some of you will believe anything.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Leon Einstein posted:

no one cares

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Leon Einstein posted:

theres an ITS TAPE kid in every thread

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah

Leon Einstein posted:

gently caress you I've seen the movie Kes, if that coal miner's son of a little poo poo can train a kestrel anything can happen

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Leon Einstein posted:

:goonsay:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
You guys are touchy about being called out for believing in the beastmaster.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Leon Einstein posted:

You guys are touchy about being called out for believing in the beastmaster.
/
I must win every thread in GBS.
I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and lovely posts it takes.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Anyone got a raptor to sic on this guy?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

ikanreed posted:

Anyone got a raptor to sic on this guy?

I have an ant army to protect myself. There were some ants in my house and I didn't kill them and we became friendly, and now the colony does my bidding.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

honestly, there are so many uninspired nude photos floating around 4chan, like literally thousands, that I'm surprised anyone would care. especially a "SFW" nude. fuckin' yawn, dude.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Regulation Size posted:

honestly, there are so many uninspired nude photos floating around 4chan, like literally thousands, that I'm surprised anyone would care. especially a "SFW" nude. fuckin' yawn, dude.

Not nearly as many with their FB name attached to it though. I assume by now this photo has been sent to every friend, relative and co worker this woman has.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

It's important to me that everyone in this thread knows when I think something is fake, which is everything. I am a detective with the 53rd precinct and I have solved 1,000 crimes so I know what's fake. My friends won't go to movies with me anymore because the entire time I make that pffffft noise with my mouth and look around at people like "can you believe this poo poo."

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I've never really had many female friends and I'm not proud of it, in fact it really bums me out. :(

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

remigious posted:

I've never really had many female friends and I'm not proud of it, in fact it really bums me out. :(

Making friends is hard and you do your best.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

My (26f) SO (27m) of 6 years mocked me using a fake aggressive scary sounding voice multiple times after an argument.

quote:

Over the past year my SO got a new job, this is a high stress job and I don't think he's been handling it very well. I have noticed that he's been slowly increasing how much he's been drinking since he got this position. There is a local bar/pub within walking distance to our apartment, we go there frequently. But, what use to be a 1-2x a week venture, is now 3-4x a week.

We were at this local bar 2 nights ago, I had to use the ladies room and asked my SO to watch my purse while I was gone. When I came back he was no where to be found. My purse was lying out, my new phone was laying beside it, not to mention I had valuables in my purse. I sat back down and was waiting for him, he reappeared about 10 min later. I asked him why he just left my items out like that when I asked him to watch it for an entire 2-3 min that I'd be gone. His response was basically no harm, no foul (nothing was stolen, fortunately). I explained that if I ask him to do something, and he agrees to do it, then he needs to follow through. I also explained that if he didn't want to watch my things he was free to say no and I'd take my things with me. We were both irritated but eventually decided to drop it.

Then the weirdness started. After his first drink he brought up our argument again and how I sounded mean when asking him "why didn't you watch my purse." I apologized if I sounded angry/mean, but I was frustrated that he promised to do something but ended up not doing it. He then used a fake-angry voice to mock me and said "you sounded like (fake mean voice) 'why didn't you watch my purse'!?"

I asked him to just drop it, and that I'd take my things with me from now on so he wouldn't have to worry about it. We get our 2nd drink, he mocks me again, this time using a slightly more aggressive mean voice when saying "why didn't you watch my purse?!" This pattern continues, every now and then he'll repeat that question and each time he uses a more and more aggressive voice. It gets to the point where he uses extreme sounding voices.. like when someone pretends to speak as if they are a demon or satan. Like a demonic sounding voice you'd hear from some cheesy 80's show - think Dr Claw's voice from Inspector Gadget.

I was speechless for awhile. I asked him to drop it, he wouldn't. I got fed up and told him he was overreacting to the situation, that I didn't sound like a demon, and he was being incredibly immature about a stupid request that he failed to fulfill. He got angry. The bartender, someone who is also a mutual friend, heard me say he's overreacting and saw him getting angry. She even told my SO that he needed to calm down, that it's okay and he doesn't have to get angry. He got pissed for being told to "calm down" and stormed out of the bar without paying. I was stuck with the bill and I was too pissed off to deal with this poo poo. So, I sat there and finished my beer. I figured he walked back to the apartment.

The bartender seemed concerned about me. She asked if I was okay and agreed with me that he was starting to get loud and out of line. I eventually finish my beer, maybe 20-30 min later. I walk outside and he's standing there waiting for me. This time he looks really, really sad. He says to me "I was hoping you would run after me after I left the bar." I'm standing there like wtf did I just hear? I said no, we hadn't paid our bill, I wasn't finished, and you stormed out for a reason I thought was unnecessary. He started to apologize but then turned it around on me, that he was so upset that I would talk to him like that, and mocked me yet again by saying in the most horrific fake-demonic sounding voice "why didn't you watch my purse?"

I was tired, didn't haven't any comebacks, and I just felt drained. I just wanted him to stop mocking me. That's all I wanted. But, it didn't end there. We walk back to the apartment, once inside he reiterates the purse story AGAIN. And mocks me AGAIN this time using a super whiny pathetic sounding voice to say "why didn't you watch my purse?" I tell him to drop it, and he finally agrees.

I thought that was it, but yesterday morning after we got up, he goes over the same incident again, mocks me again, using a scary sounding voice. I don't respond to this. That was finally the end of it.
We've been together for nearly 6 years, met at the same university and were in the same program together. He use to be a nice, calm, rational and intelligent person. I don't recognize him anymore. Can this be saved? How do I talk to him? I don't want to end a 6 year relationship off of something so stupid and bizarre. But, I also know I never want to be mocked like that ever again.

tl;dr I asked my SO to watch my purse while I was gone, he didn't. I asked why he didn't watch my things like I asked, he said nothing was stolen so it was fine. He begins to use weird/angry/demonic sounding voices to mock me throughout the night saying "what didn't you watch my purse?" over and over again. Together 6 years, I don't want to end a relationship because of something so stupid, but I feel drained after that argument. How can I talk to him or salvage this relationship?

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
she must have really sounded like a mega bitch.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Just shout 'the power of christ compells you' a bunch, that usually works

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Obviously she has no sense of humor.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Leon Einstein posted:

Some of us are enjoying the thread for what it is and not playing detective.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Mocking voice dude has taken to drugs to deal with the stress of the new job

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Either he's having a stroke, or she is.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Tolkien minority posted:

My (26f) SO (27m) of 6 years mocked me using a fake aggressive scary sounding voice multiple times after an argument.

:laffo: at the demonic voice. I dated a girl who did the "You should run after me when I run away like a crazy person" thing and she was the worst, this guy deserves to be dumped for that, if not for the continuous mocking way after it was clearly upsetting her. Save the demon voice for when you tell the story to everyone else

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

That voice he did isn't crazy or a sign that he was acting crazy. That voice was just the classic way of a male rear end in a top hat to tell you that your female emotions are stupid and worthy of mocking.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
oh wait this response is better

or possibly one of you trolling, because jesus christ this dude cannot be for real

quote:

I think we need to go back to the beginning of your post. You tasked your bf to watch your things, essentially, to caretake your easily portable items. A lot of guys do not like this sort of imposition. He's one of them.

When you asked him it's not clear from your post that he agreed to do so, but let's assume he said, 'ok.' He then passive aggressively left your stuff alone as a way of saying, "Watch your own purse, or just take it with you. I'm not your lapdog."

After you publicly remonstrated him he felt embarrassed and began to attempt to relay to you how that felt in a rather childish way. Because you were both a little drunk, nothing was communicated clearly about why he was bothered by the whole interaction in the first place and he, ironically, wanted an apology.

When he didn't get that, he began to ramp up his prodding, meanwhile continuing to drink, until he was pushing your buttons in a way he felt was commensurate. Then stuff starts to get out of hand as he begins injecting more of his actual emotional state into the interaction, relaying in an oblique manner that he is feeling overloaded by the burden of his high stress job and not wanting to be tasked any more than he is already.

Then he becomes more and more passive aggressive about what he feels you should already know, eventually leading to him leaving and expecting you to understand what he wants without telling you.

He wants an apology from you. Even though you don't feel you were in the wrong, maybe it is worth recognizing that he felt you were adding to his burdens by asking him to do something when he was 'off the clock' as a way of starting a conversation about why his behavior was not ok, and also as a way of checking in to see how he is managing his work responsibilities. It's not ok for him to take his feelings out on you, but he also needs to know that it's ok to share them. Also, he should apologize for his bullshit behavior. I suspect he will if he feels he can open up about the pressure he is taking home with him from work.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
SORRY BABE can't watch your purse while you pee, life is too hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Maybe he ran away from the purse to get help, you ever think of that huh?