Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Imagine: someone, somewhere out there had this tape back in March when Trump wrapped up the nomination. Gleefully rubbing his hands together, knowing that he had to keep quiet and wait for the right moment, not panic and fire it off early when things looked bad, knowing they could wreck Trump in October when it was realistically too late to replace him.

I wish I knew what that felt like to be that hero, the 6-7 months of waiting, the anticipation, etc.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Hahaha a guest on CNN called out a Trump surrogate, who had downplayed the audio as "guy talk", said on live TV that saying "I'm gonna grab your pussy" is not guy talk. It's just amazing that "grab pussy" is now a thing people are saying on network news.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Drudge Report must love this

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

It feels as though something has ruptured.

Down ballot races are going to be interesting.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

THIS? This is what's making Ryan back off? After all the poo poo? And he's not withdrawing his endorsement?

The Jesuits were right to scold him like a naughty puppy.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

You know what I want and would make myself if I knew how to use Photoshop? Hillary Clinton as Frank Underwood.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
400 EVs, this is the new goal

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Crain posted:

I'M SO loving HAPPY.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

What was this? Seems like he deleted it, like a coward.

He was predicting Trump wins 53-46, but it would be more if it weren't for Hillary cheating.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
The discipline and effectiveness of the current Clinton campaign is spooky and I hope she buries every Republican in America with it over the next eight years. :getin:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Like the GOP couldn't see this coming when he got picked as their candidate. :rolleyes:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I keep seeing people who really want the Podesta emails to say terrible things but so far nothing seems bad?

It's like mother's basement all over again

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Have no fear, the Captain is here!
So, have they locked Trump in a broom closet somewhere? I'm surprised we haven't heard a peep from him, and no one aside from the crazies are offering any kind of cover.

I wonder if Cruz or others will withdraw their endorsement?

Any guesses as to what next Friday's bombshell will be?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

gently caress the republican party. gently caress the southern strategy. choke on everything you've wrought you scum.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

lozzle posted:

He was predicting Trump wins 53-46, but it would be more if it weren't for Hillary cheating.

Truly the Dick Morris of this campaign cycle.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Captain Stalin posted:

So, have they locked Trump in a broom closet somewhere? I'm surprised we haven't heard a peep from him, and no one aside from the crazies are offering any kind of cover.

Donnie hasn't tweeted in over 22 hours, so his phone must literally not be in his possession anymore. Conway must actually have thrown it in the garbage.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Boom

https://twitter.com/chucktodd/status/784560876342894592

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

But I'm still endorsing him because I'm a loving coward.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I am so glad the Hillary campaign held off this long and let Republicans buddy up to Trump all campaign season.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/784504443047911424

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Okay now I feel bad for Trump :( They aren't even letting him tweet!!

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007
Write, speak, avenge, for ancient sufferings feel
Should we assume some Republicans will start renouncing endorsements tomorrow?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Captain Stalin posted:

So, have they locked Drumpf in a broom closet somewhere? I'm surprised we haven't heard a peep from him, and no one aside from the crazies are offering any kind of cover.

I wonder if Cruz or others will withdraw their endorsement?

Any guesses as to what next Friday's bombshell will be?

Dude, I am saying it now. Everyone, EVERYONE!, Including Mike Pence, that worked on this campaign is getting blackballed from the Republican party. Rence Prebius will scorch the earth and move the heavens themselves to make sure Trump never happens again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Stereotype posted:

Okay now I feel bad for Trump :(
well, stop.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Stereotype posted:

Okay now I feel bad for Trump :(

Don't. He is a racist neo-Nazi piece of poo poo.

You should take pleasure in this.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Barlow posted:

Should we assume some Republicans will start renouncing endorsements tomorrow?

Maybe. They're rats on a sinking ship in the middle of the ocean. There's nowhere to go and nowhere to hide now.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Stereotype posted:

Okay now I feel bad for Trump :( They aren't even letting him tweet!!

Why? ed: Nice phantom edit.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Stereotype posted:

Okay now I feel bad for Trump :( They aren't even letting him tweet!!

Dude is a rapist and a fascist.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

A lot of people (myself included) already voted so I don't see how they could change anything anyway.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

So the Trump campaign issued that non-apology "sorry you were offended" statement.

How long until Trump claims they weren't speaking for him and doubles down on this?

Odds on him going further off the deep end attacking Bill in response?

This whole thing is just unbelievable.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I always thought Trump had a sweet fallback position after he lost, if his hotels suffered from damage to his reputation, no problem he could start the Trump News Channel and cash in.

This is so bad, I think he could be staring into the abyss. Maybe I'm wrong but I think he could be ruined over this.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Stereotype posted:

Okay now I feel bad for Trump :( They aren't even letting him tweet!!

what

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

:lol: Do they honestly think Trump would have done this willingly?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Luna Was Here posted:

So, what's the bigger campaign tanker? Wikileaks actually supposedly releasing something of substance, or Pussy Grabber Trump

The Wikileaks stuff is mostly just Hillary repeating her public policy stances when it touches on Hillary at all.

Well that and a guy emailing about aliens:

From:terribillionairs@aol.com
To: john.podesta@gmail.com
Date: 2015-08-18 10:30
Subject: email for John Podesta c/o Eryn re Space Treaty (attached)

Dear John,

Because the War in Space race is heating up, I felt you should be aware of several factors as you and I schedule our Skype talk.

Remember, our nonviolent ETI from the contiguous universe are helping us bring zero point energy to Earth.

They will not tolerate any forms of military violence on Earth or in space.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lightning Knight posted:

Maybe. They're rats on a sinking ship in the middle of the ocean. There's nowhere to go and nowhere to hide now.

But they have no alternative to Trump, either, and they know it. Trump is a monster of their own creation, they know it, and it's too late to separate him from the Republican party.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
We need to build a wall around Trump.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Northjayhawk posted:

Imagine: someone, somewhere out there had this tape back in March when Trump wrapped up the nomination. Gleefully rubbing his hands together, knowing that he had to keep quiet and wait for the right moment, not panic and fire it off early when things looked bad, knowing they could wreck Trump in October when it was realistically too late to replace him.

I wish I knew what that felt like to be that hero, the 6-7 months of waiting, the anticipation, etc.

He or she is like a sniper sitting in a field motionless for days just waiting for the exact moment to strike. Amazing timing.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Is Cooper jabbing the Donnie less than a day before the 2nd debate?

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

Dude, I am saying it now. Everyone, EVERYONE!, Including Mike Pence, that worked on this campaign is getting blackballed from the Republican party. Rence Prebius will scorch the earth and move the heavens themselves to make sure Trump never happens again.

I dunno. The GOP seems just about as incapable of learning from mistakes as Trump is. I expect they're going to stick their fingers in their ears, pretend Trump never happened, and we'll see a repeat of the madness in 2020 with some new champion of the toxic core of the party.

  • Locked thread