Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

porfiria posted:

Again I'm not trying to harsh anyone's buzz--I'd love it as much as anyone if Trump threw himself off a bridge because of this. I'm just far from convinced this is a deathblow because MSNBC and CNN are going crazy over it--because how many people actually read those outlets? Obviously this will echo out and have some effect, I'm just not convinced it will be a shattering one.

I wouldn't love it. I'm. It going to be happy until he's penniless, in jail, and the only on family still speaking to him is the retard son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Casimir Radon posted:

:siren: Hannity isn't even making excuses for him this time :siren:

hahaha holy poo poo

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Its also the second story on Yahoo and the first story on MSN, so anyone online will see it

Hell, its even the main story on AOL.com

This is everywhere

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Pakled posted:

Isn't that the case that even Jezebel calls dubious and thinks was fabricated by some NeverTrump group?

Yes, it's not even the alleged victim that has been pushing this, it's other people who have repeatedly done so. Goons need to quit bringing this up.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Pastrymancy posted:

I feel like Conway is straight up not letting Trump have the phone back

His entire campaign staff mutinied and has him chained up in a basement somewhere. Brainstorming ways to "make it look like an accident."

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

nerdrum posted:

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/784577146551463936

I thought Mitch would drop the endorsement but I guess I was wrong, jesus christ.

"As the father of.." pisses me off. You don't have to have custody over girls to find this repugnant. If they were sons, you'd be cool with it then?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you can only care about other human beings as it relates to you personally as empathy doesn't exist.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

:vince:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
God, Republicans, please don't unendorse Trump. Turn this into Cannae except Hillary has the elephants.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

porfiria posted:

Dude, MSNBC and CNN have like a million peak viewers each. I'm sure the websites or whatever extend that reach but we're talking about a tiny fraction of the American public.

CNN.com is estimated at 95 million unique monthly viewers. You are dumb.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

if there were a god, and were she just

mike pence would step down from the race

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Twitter is having a field day. :allears:

https://twitter.com/robinthede/status/784560418895368193

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

1stGear posted:

God, Republicans, please don't unendorse Trump. Turn this into Cannae except Hillary has the elephants.

For me the instant they endorsed, they were never going to recover in my eyes.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

1stGear posted:

Either they piss off the deplorables by unendorsing or piss off everyone else by not

We might see a massacre on election

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Groovelord Neato posted:

you can only care about other human beings as it relates to you personally as empathy doesn't exist.

See also the 'what if it was your mother/daughter/sister' thing people will do to try to persuade men to have empathy for women.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Do you guys think this is reason enough for Trump to call a last minute audible to back out of the second debate? This poo poo dropping right before the debate is pretty harsh stuff.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

:thurman:

gently caress yes.

E: This is further evidence of The Pattern: If Trump accuses someone of something he has certainly done it.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Do you guys think this is reason enough for Trump to call a last minute audible to back out of the second debate? This poo poo dropping right before the debate is pretty harsh stuff.

He can't. Trump dropping the debate is game over for him. He needs good press from it to turn this around.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Watching Dinesh D'Souza talk to Sean Hannity is like falling into a black hole.

e: Dinesh just called Hillary a "crooked hag"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/784581399680548865

speng31b
May 8, 2010

:wow:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

How many Republicans have rescinded their endorsements? Two?

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

berserker posted:

BREAKING: Melania Trump statement on Trump leak

I'm surprised she was able to get Michelle Obama to write it up on such short notice.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

By far the best part of this hitting now is that the ship has long ago left the harbor and the rats that waited until now to start jumping off are going to face a very long swim back to shore. Many will jump off, figure this out, and cling to the wreckage in hope of rescue.

Second best part is that this apparently wasn't an oppo research dump but instead just a producer reviewing one of the innumerable old tapes of Trump and finding the audio.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

1stGear posted:

Perhaps not the best analogy, the guy with the elephants lost that war.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Perhaps Trump should have a Make America Great Again sombrero. Since by his definition he's Mexican.

Not really, please don't take away my Chimichanga privileges

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Watching Dinesh D'Souza talk to Sean Hannity is like falling into a black hole.

e: Dinesh just called Hillary a "crooked hag"

i dunno how dinesh has an audience because even if he was the biggest leftie i couldn't stand him either since his voice and manner of speaking are so loving annoying.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

St. Dogbert posted:

I'm surprised she was able to get Michelle Obama to write it up on such short notice.

That's a Hillary quote after the Lewinsky scandal broke :thejoke:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rookersh posted:

I put $5k on Hillary before the conventions. I'm on top of the loving world right now yo.

If I trusted betting sites I'd probably have done similar. I'd be tempted now but the odds are much lower and I still am kinda wary of betting sites so.... yeah. You lucky jerk. :argh:

If Ryan wasn't such a chickenshit coward he'd formally disavow Trump tomorrow instead of just uninviting him. He cares more about keeping his Speakership despite the living hell he'll experience if Clinton's president with a friendly Senate and he has an even narrower majority in the House. I hope the stress causes him to snap and he's found in his office half naked and eating his own feces while rambling about having devised the Ultimate Budget Plan.

I really, really hope that Hillary's "we don't want to tie Republicans to Trump" thing from earlier in the election season was because she wanted to give them all this rope to hang themselves with once it's too late to sever with Trump and not risk a schism in the party.

Oh my god that opening line :laffo:

Endorph posted:

hahaha. I know Trump can't, but can Pence drop out at this point?

Pence is a career coward, he doesn't have it in him to do something that big, nor does he want to risk someone carrying out one of the numerous death threats he and his family would get from the Trumpstaffel.

Casimir Radon posted:

:siren: Hannity isn't even making excuses for him this time :siren:

Wifebeater O'Reilly is carrying Trump's water this time around.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Whoever is in charge of OPPO/OCT SURPRISE department for HRC campaign is a cold blooded assassin.

This, and the timing, is some serious Tom Hagen Consiglieri poo poo.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

dont even fink about it posted:

How many Republicans have rescinded their endorsements? Two?

That I know of.

I wish my local Republican rep actually used his Twitter account. I want to see his reaction to this and/or tweet at him angrily for not unendorsing (unless he surprises me and does; for all his faults he's one of the ones who was critical of the Tea Party for a while and stuff).

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Pakled posted:

Perhaps not the best analogy, the guy with the elephants lost that war.

But he won the poo poo out of that particular battle.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Makes me wonder if the Clinton campaign was waiting for something like this to put an ultimatum to republicans running for Congress to unendorse Trump (and risk losing the diehards) or not and risk losing everyone else

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

1stGear posted:

Also the elephants were all dead by the time of Cannae.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/784580248553873408

lmfao

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Artificer posted:

This assumes he was competent at something in the first place.

Listen, if you just keep licking those boots, you can run for president one day.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
So Trump has finally pissed off enough Republicans that they're seriously trying to sever at the eleventh hour in the gain hopes of saving their reputation when he collapses.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

porfiria posted:

Dude, MSNBC and CNN have like a million peak viewers each. I'm sure the websites or whatever extend that reach but we're talking about a tiny fraction of the American public.

img-slowlyGrowingRolleyes.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

1stGear posted:

Maybe Midway would be a better fit?

• Locked thread