Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Dirt posted:

Is there anything serious in this " omg this time it's for real I swear" wikileaks poo poo?

This thread is moving so fast. 700 posts since I last checked a few hour ago on a Friday night. You guys are crazy but in a good way.

No, there's excerpts of Hillary's paid speeches where she says normal stuff that everyone knew already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Liquid Communism posted:

Iowa early ballots are already in progress as of yesterday, IIRC. :allears:

I voted a week ago, in Wisconsin.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

1stGear posted:

Look man, I just want all Republicans to blunder into an obvious trap and be slaughtered in multi-hour orgy of blood and death that's remembered as one of the most crushing defeats of all history. Is that so wrong.

Cannae got the Romans unfuck their poo poo and go on to scrape Carthage from the face of the earth.

Carrhae saw the dissolution of the triumvirate and the fall of the roman republic. I mean both are multi-hour orgies of blood but when you compare the fundamentals, Carrhae is the better analogy, right down to the amoral rich guy (Crassus was actually rich as hell though) getting clowned on in general and in detail, followed by the tense alliance between the remaining parts of his political gang shattering and literally throwing themselves at each other in a civil war.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 8, 2016

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Barbe Rouge posted:

Jon Stewart is crying tears of pain and joy right now. Dude retired right before the craziest election ever.

Jon deserves his life time vacation, 16+ years of craziness does things to your soul. Especially when the chances of the 9/11 responder healthcare bill getting gutted is still a thing as long as Regressives still exist.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Comstar posted:

Sportsbet:
Nominee Resignations
Donald Trump to not be the Republican Presidential Candidate on 8 November 2016 @ 8.00

I like those odds.

It depends on the exact wording of the wager, but I don't think it'll pay out even if Trump suspends his campaign and quits tonight. He's going to be on the ballot no matter what, so it depends on what the wager means when it determines who is the Republican candidate.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

HopperUK posted:

All this poo poo about 'Bill Clinton says worse'. Have they actually noticed that the Dem candidate is not Bill Clinton?

According to Shook Nate, Bill has even less of a chance than Johnson. Not looking good for his reelection chances.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/DouthatNYT/status/784587794811346944

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

sheri posted:

Is this actually true though? I've not found anything.
And what's to stop the R governors changing the laws in their states if needed?

The existence of deliberative legislative bodies?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
CNN is awaiting the tape, for the record.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
https://twitter.com/DouthatNYT/status/784587794811346944

I'm not sure Sean made it through the entirety of that Bible story because

He commits adultery and God causes the son of that affair to die as punishment

e: SORT OF BEATEN

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/784584779589152768

I really hope this is what he ends up saying.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/hhavrilesky/status/784580839187316739

:getin:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

nerdrum posted:

Daily Beast is reporting the timeline of Trump trying to fire Nancy o'Dell from the Miss USA matches with this:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...&source=twitter

ive said i hate trump but im going to reiterate with more intensity

*super intense and staring directly at the camera* i hate donald trump

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Dexo posted:

Bohener is having his best day ever. He probably got his tobacco lobby check today too was able to splurge on the good scotch.

Camel Unfiltered and Sassicaia. I hear he's an Italian red wine kinda guy.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I'm a couple of days behind. Around what page does the news break on Trump’s audio tape? I want to enjoy the whole thing.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
I'm just thoroughly enjoying the constant Twitter-dunking on anyone whose name ends in "-R".

https://twitter.com/pourmecoffee/status/784563888016789504

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

QuoProQuid posted:

The existence of deliberative legislative bodies?

No, the claim that you can't change the ballot if your nominee quits

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

No, there's excerpts of Hillary's paid speeches where she says normal stuff that everyone knew already

Thanks.

I figured as much. What a crazy day.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

OPEN THE BLOOD GATES

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

new take: "When I hire a mechanic, I don't care if he lusted after married women. What matters is that he can fix my car, and HRC can't fix America."

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

It makes perfect sense now. Donald Trump isn't a real politician, so traditional journalism couldn't get anything to stick on him. We needed Access Hollywood to bring down the reality star running for president. It's so obvious!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is it happening now? I;m really tired at the moment!

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Someone mentioned a second drop on Trump. It might be the official announcement that the DNC hacks were from Russia, and intended to influence the election?

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/784477443205767168/photo/1

I mean, it'll probably get lost in the noise right now, but maybe fuel future attack ads?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So facebook says there are 1 million posts about wikileaks made today

Bots?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Jazerus posted:

Even Boosted wants off the Trump train now

:sad:

I wonder how many people in the Trump Toxx Thread have PM'd mods and admins trying to get their toxx posts deleted. :laugh:

Stereotype posted:

Also Bill Clinton didn't say anything worse on tape because he isn't an obliviously arrogant crude idiot.

He is, but not to the extent to say it when aware of being recorded.

Dirt posted:

Is there anything serious in this " omg this time it's for real I swear" wikileaks poo poo?

This thread is moving so fast. 700 posts since I last checked a few hour ago on a Friday night. You guys are crazy but in a good way.

No, it's all dull boring poo poo and some "oh Hillary said some center-left/center-right poo poo to Wall Street instead of declaring war on them" stuff that will only rile up people who don't matter anyways because they're Trumpists or Bernouts who ran to Stein/Trump/Johnson/Harambe.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh god and I keep forgetting that the next debate is a town hall moderated by Anderson Cooper. Trump is 2 days away from having to take questions from the audience, with this crashing down around his ears, while being moderated by Anderson Cooper. This could be historic.

I would like to think Anderson Cooper is a good enough journalist and moderator to be unbiased. I mean, I want Trump to get loving destroyed, but don't give him ammo by making the moderator obviously against him.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

https://twitter.com/DrewHampshire/status/784582411577335808

Pence: welp, i'm never eating a hot dog again.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/HumbleTeej/status/784586126313000960

Itshappening.gif

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
A party that spent years trying to impeach a sitting president over marital infidelity is suddenly totally okay with a lewd adulterer as their nominee.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Mister E posted:

It makes perfect sense now. Donald Trump isn't a real politician, so traditional journalism couldn't get anything to stick on him. We needed Access Hollywood to bring down the reality star running for president. It's so obvious!

Give them a loving Pulitzer.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I just got a Hillary fundraising email

Here is the first line

quote:

The general election is a choice between the potential first female president and a guy who says, and I quote, (and I'm sorry), "grab them by the p**sy."

Slay Queen :abuela:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

So, apparently I made a joke post on Facebook about the "War in Space" e-mail from the latest Wikileaks and some Wikileaks UFO nut comes up on my wall and posts this...

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

How much could they realistically have? How many times was Trump on Access Hollywood?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

OPEN THE BLOOD GATES
Blood coming out of where?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i think itd be cool if donald trump got stuck on the rear bumper of a car, and then the car drove for a very, very, long time, until it broke down in the middle of hell, and he didnt have bus fare to go home

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I don't understand how anyone can be a Republican any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Pick posted:

I don't understand how anyone can be a Republican any more.

Because Trump is saying what a bunch of them have quietly believed in private, thanks to "PC Culture," for years.

• Locked thread