Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

The Rokstar posted:

G-Spot Dome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Coheed and Camembert posted:

There has to be an n-word tape. I think that's literally all there is left. I can't think of anything else that could possibly be more incriminating than tax evasion and literal admission of sexual assault.

All he needs is a tape calling republicans homosexuals and that he wouldn't want to have a beer with them recorded during the campaign trail.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Special Report hit on it pretty hard right when it broke

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

so is this loving video statement coming out soon or what

Dirt
May 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/CBS4Shaun/status/784598944181526528

Local Denver news caster I think. Republican Congressmen I never heard of calling for Trump to step down. It's a start I guess? :D

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Sky Shadowing posted:

I think this one is different. This one is literally unforgivable on a scale the eclipses even the Khan fiasco back in the debates.

I mean, most of his supporters won't get pissed off at him about being mean to Muslims, but women are literally 50% of the electorate.

True but to be fair this isn't the first time he's been mean to women. Also, how many times have we heard this line?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

The Glumslinger posted:

This wasn't even oppo research, this just got dug up from the Access Hollywood vaults today, and bunch of different groups were racing to get it published first

This is the story we're told but I refuse to believe that this wasn't planned by the Hillary camp. The timing, execution, and speed of everything is too perfect for this to be a happy accident.

Public opinion will be at a utter nadir just in time for the town hall, without enough time to even begin to turn the message around.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So if Trump does get replaced with Pence, somehow - just let's entertain the hypothetical - does this somehow increase the Republican chances, or does it just mean they avoid (possibly) some of the brand damage Trump would be causing?

Like I'm thinking this hurts them horribly because they look like incompetent clowns. Trump would gently caress it up unless they had him extradited to a black site. Pence is an unlikeable rear end in a top hat whose only advantage would be "Is in fact not Donald Trump."

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
http://www.theonion.com/article/trump-surrogate-enjoying-thrill-not-knowing-what-s-54116

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

punk rebel ecks posted:

True but to be fair this isn't the first time he's been mean to women. Also, how many times have we heard this line?

He has been hurt in the polls before. The last time he poo poo talked women [Which was like 9 minutes before this one] hurt him in the polls, and this is so much worse.

He doesn't have time left to keep getting hurt in the polls.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

There could be video of Trump calling all his supporters idiot racists who gently caress their cousins and would drown if someone left them out in the rain, then detailing his plan to dismantle the Republican party from the inside.

But then all the liberals would vote for him, so that would probably make his polls go up?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Hillary's private speech to "Wall Street" where she is sounding very "pro-bankers". At least that's the general consensus from what I've heard.

Reading them, I did not get the impression that she was "pro-banker". She made it clear that they disagree on things and she wanted more regulations.

The reason people say this is a Bernie Bro thing is because there's nothing in those transcripts that's actually scandalous

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I can only imagine that Trump is a mixture of unapologetic and really angry and isn't doing a very good job recording an apology. I expect it immediately before the debate so that it throws off Hillary who will attack him on this statement and he can say "look I put together a really well produced, the best produced, apology. I really mean it when I say I love women. And Women love me! *blathers on forever"

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Dirt posted:

Local Denver news caster I think. Republican Congressmen I never heard of calling for Trump to step down. It's a start I guess? :D

Mike Coffman is a piece of poo poo and slimy as all gently caress. He's also in a very heated campaign against a woman. He's ducked either endorsing or rejecting Trump this whole election.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

It'll be like a big advertisement for his hotel like that birth certificate poo poo, except no apology.

Barudak posted:

All he needs is a tape calling republicans homosexuals and that he wouldn't want to have a beer with them recorded during the campaign trail.

I forgot that an n-word tape wouldn't do anything to him among the alt right. He'd need to say something like "I hate Baby Jesus and NASCAR, I'm going to burn down a church after this election."

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So at what time of night will Trump drop his video statement?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nessus posted:

So if Trump does get replaced with Pence, somehow - just let's entertain the hypothetical - does this somehow increase the Republican chances, or does it just mean they avoid (possibly) some of the brand damage Trump would be causing?

Like I'm thinking this hurts them horribly because they look like incompetent clowns. Trump would gently caress it up unless they had him extradited to a black site. Pence is an unlikeable rear end in a top hat whose only advantage would be "Is in fact not Donald Trump."

If they replace him with Pence the people sustained solely by cult of personality riot.

The thing is, it doesn't matter if this doesn't hit his hard-core base. It doesn't loving matter and never has. His hard core is like 30-35% of the electorate. If he loses the 'softer' supporters who just wanted the supreme court/gently caress Hillary, he is dead in a blowout of epic proportions.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Ora Tzo posted:

Someone asked for this in here a few pages back.

That was me, and thank you very much, I love it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-Naa1HXeDQ

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
If you're hillary's debate team, how do you even figure out what to train for? There's too many chaos dunks to line up, it's like being given two days to pick the ten best pieces of music ever written. How do you even begin??

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Bushiz posted:

This is the story we're told but I refuse to believe that this wasn't planned by the Hillary camp. The timing, execution, and speed of everything is too perfect for this to be a happy accident.

Public opinion will be at a utter nadir just in time for the town hall, without enough time to even begin to turn the message around.

The planned one was the NY Times article, and the time table on that one fits, since it was gonna drop right before the debate

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

GetWellGamers posted:

If you're hillary's debate team, how do you even figure out what to train for? There's too many chaos dunks to line up, it's like being given two days to pick the ten best pieces of music ever written. How do you even begin??
At this point I think their main concern is if they want to peel off some final revision time for a backup anti-Pence drill.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Nessus posted:

It would basically be 1968 but worse.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Coheed and Camembert posted:

It'll be like a big advertisement for his hotel like that birth certificate poo poo, except no apology.

I forgot that an n-word tape wouldn't do anything to him among the alt right. He'd need to say something like "I hate Baby Jesus and NASCAR, I'm going to burn down a church after this election."

The alt-right? Nah, he'd need to say "I love SJWs and I have posted on tumblr for years"

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Trump and Bill probably did a bunch of wild sex stuff together

not with each other, but in the same room with other people

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

3 AM is traditional in the Trump camp

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I can't believe he's spending hours cutting a loving apology tape because he's not an actual human being who can apologize live on a mic

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/784602722561617924

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

nachos posted:

I can't believe he's spending hours cutting a loving apology tape because he's not an actual human being who can apologize live on a mic

that we're even talking about this tells you a lot about his campaign, lol

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

BUG JUG posted:

3 AM is traditional in the Trump camp

It seems that 5 AM EDT is the standard time to run bullshit this week.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Mulva posted:

He has been hurt in the polls before. The last time he poo poo talked women [Which was like 9 minutes before this one] hurt him in the polls, and this is so much worse.

He doesn't have time left to keep getting hurt in the polls.

The other thing to realize is that, in absence of scandal, trump gains on Clinton about a point a week. That means that if this somehow had absolutely no effect and Donald remained squeaky clean until the 8th, he would still lose by a point. If this didn't happen, and everything went perfect for him, he was still on track to lose.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

GOP Senator Mark Kirk:

https://twitter.com/SenatorKirk/status/784555457255964672

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

U-DO Burger posted:

Reading them, I did not get the impression that she was "pro-banker". She made it clear that they disagree on things and she wanted more regulations.

The reason people say this is a Bernie Bro thing is because there's nothing in those transcripts that's actually scandalous

I haven't read it, I just stated that was the general consensus for the times I've seen it brought up.

That said, I will still hold on to my statement that it is annoying how anything anti-Hillary gets dismissed as a "Bernie Bros" or "Alt Right Conspiracy", especially some legitimate concerns (as uncommon as they are).

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

ladies and gentlemen, the year 20 loving 16

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Dirt posted:

Mike Coffman is a piece of poo poo whose constituents are the pieces of milquetoast poo poo that are the white upper-middle class of Denver's southern suburbs.

I'm guessing he's desperate to hang on to his seat.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
gently caress I really really want to see how chaotic and disastrous an actual Presidential write-in campaign would be, with 32 days to go before the election. I think it would guarantee 400+ EVs.

:unsmigghh:

I think that GOP elites right now forget that aside from Trump the primary voters were split between a lot of other options and could never truly decide, and they think they could get away with making it work now?? After the voters already had their say???? :laffo:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

What are the actual rules for this? I've seen a lot of speculation - some people saying he can't be replaced on ballots.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The last time I was this hyper was when Bin Laden got iced. :getin:

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

The alt-right? Nah, he'd need to say "I love SJWs and I have posted on tumblr for years"

"Anime sucks and is for losers. Only low-energy losers want to gently caress anime women. Sad!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Do ballots work such that Trump could even step aside at all?

• Locked thread