Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

never supported trump and is in a race for his poltical life against tammy duckworth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

GetWellGamers posted:

If you're hillary's debate team, how do you even figure out what to train for? There's too many chaos dunks to line up, it's like being given two days to pick the ten best pieces of music ever written. How do you even begin??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FImc2LOr8

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

nachos posted:

I can't believe he's spending hours cutting a loving apology tape because he's not an actual human being who can apologize live on a mic

A preview of what to expect:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tvAjX5ACPo

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

speng31b posted:

What are the actual rules for this? I've seen a lot of speculation - some people saying he can't be replaced on ballots.

The ballots have been printed. People are voting in states already. No candidate has withdrawn this late in the game.

There have been votes cast for Trump in the general already. There's not really a way to put this back in the bottle.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

gently caress Mark Kirk, I can't wait to vote his rear end out of office.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ask a stupid question. Get a stupid Answer.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I was all excited to watch weather channel all night so thanks a loving lot Trump you fat tiny fingered idiot

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

berserker posted:

gently caress I really really want to see how chaotic and disastrous an actual Presidential write-in campaign would be, with 32 days to go before the election. I think it would guarantee 400+ EVs.

:unsmigghh:

I think that GOP elites right now forget that aside from Trump the primary voters were split between a lot of other options and could never truly decide, and they think they could get away with making it work now?? After the voters already had their say???? :laffo:

Do all State ballots allow for write in's?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CNN isn't censoring any words in their current article on Lil Donnie and his big dumb mouth. He's quoted word-for-word, no [expletive] or anything to hide or distort his words. It's there, in its full glory. :getin:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dirt posted:

https://twitter.com/CBS4Shaun/status/784598944181526528

Local Denver news caster I think. Republican Congressmen I never heard of calling for Trump to step down. It's a start I guess? :D

I think Pence would defeat Hillary by a larger margin than Kasich would have beaten Hillary

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Oct 8, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

never supported trump and is in a race for his poltical life against tammy duckworth

A race he's losing, if I recall.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Still putting on the table that she'll be in the talk for President in 2024.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Sylink posted:

Do ballots work such that Trump could even step aside at all?

there are three states it's already too late to replace him for sure and a bunch of others no one knows for sure about

also all the military ballots are out already

trump leaving the race would basically destroy the party

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

EugeneJ posted:

I think Pence would defeat Hillary by a larger margin than Kasich would heave beaten Hillary

Pence is a poo poo bag with lots of baggage, so no

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

axeil posted:

Wait who was the Interpol arrest? I also thought there was only the 1 murder...the weird pumpkin guy in TFR.

Honestly I thought that our connection to Bengahzi and Caro's antics in Libya/Syria would be more notable than any of those.

there's 1200 posts to go through on my side but in case this wasn't explained in the deluge: a goon posted about dousing the Olympic Torch going through his village sometime later that week and literally had those dudes at his door about 12 hours later to hold him for questioning about his post. He posted about it here, but the name escapes me, had a Monty Python avatar.

For murders: there was the pumpkins guy, a guy who killed his girlfriend after posting weird pictures of her and her friend here, and a goon who killed his neighbor but he left us for 4chan before his arrest. I actually think there is one more I am forgetting.

Back to your regular thread reading!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The thing is, even if they COULD replace him and the Deplorables don't start a fire when they do, Pence will still get loving iced because you can't switch horses in mid stream like this.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
CNN is playing it mostly uncensored again (only "gently caress" was censored)

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Lawrence O'Donnell: I'm here with Chris Matthews. Chris, what's your thoughts on this video?
Matthews: Ha!

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Casimir Radon posted:

The last time I was this hyper was when Bin Laden got iced. :getin:

while its fun as hell to watch this house fall down, the senate races are very tight and the house is never going to go democrat. Expect 4 years of nothing except investigations and bullshit.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

EugeneJ posted:

I think Pence would defeat Hillary by a larger margin than Kasich would have beaten Hillary

Cue 1000's of ads about having to buy your dead fetus a funeral.

Good luck with that.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

Mike Pence wouldn't have made it through the primary and has a 40% approval rating in conservative as gently caress Indiana

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

let's be clear

https://twitter.com/red3blog/status/784604046384652288

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Armani posted:

there's 1200 posts to go through on my side but in case this wasn't explained in the deluge: a goon posted about dousing the Olympic Torch going through his village sometime later that week and literally had those dudes at his door about 12 hours later to hold him for questioning about his post. He posted about it here, but the name escapes me, had a Monty Python avatar.

For murders: there was the pumpkins guy, a guy who killed his girlfriend after posting weird pictures of her and her friend here, and a goon who killed his neighbor but he left us for 4chan before his arrest. I actually think there is one more I am forgetting.

Back to your regular thread reading!

I didn't know about that one!

There was also the guy who tried to burn down his neighbor's house for stealing his cable but accidently burned down the wrong neighbor's house.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Cimber posted:

while its fun as hell to watch this house fall down, the senate races are very tight and the house is never going to go democrat. Expect 4 years of nothing except investigations and bullshit.

Better than 4 years of Paul Ryan ramming his ayn rand fantasies through congress

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

rscott posted:

Mike Pence wouldn't have made it through the primary and has a 40% approval rating in conservative as gently caress Indiana

The absolute only reason Pence isn't on fire right now is that no one gives a poo poo about him as VP candidate.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

I don't know how Trump can become more disgusting without literally being a rotting reanimated corpse. I know he is, because there is clearly no bottom, but my brain cannot fathom it.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Dirt posted:

Cue 1000's of ads about having to buy your dead fetus a funeral.

Good luck with that.

Yeah, everyone who's saying Pence would win - forget that the only reason Pence accepted the VP is because there is no other way he'd get to the white house. He's loathed in his own state. He's toxic on his own.

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

speng31b posted:

What are the actual rules for this? I've seen a lot of speculation - some people saying he can't be replaced on ballots.

Unclear...

https://ballotpedia.org/State_laws_and_party_rules_on_replacing_a_presidential_nominee

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cimber posted:

This is like the textbook definition of how the presidential race affects the down ballot.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

GetWellGamers posted:

If you're hillary's debate team, how do you even figure out what to train for? There's too many chaos dunks to line up, it's like being given two days to pick the ten best pieces of music ever written. How do you even begin??

Only one Trump can show up to the debate now. He has to show up hat in hand, respectful, and continuing to apologize. It seems like Bannon was priming classic primary Trump, but now Trump has to pull back or risk undoing whatever apology he is about to give.

Trump is not going to film an apology for the first time, which is massively humiliating to him, and a lot of Republicans will give him credit for apologizing, and then throw it all away 48 hours later and make the humiliation be for nothing.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
HERE WE GO

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

"I cannot withdraw so late in the race so I promise that when I am elected, my first act will be to resign and hand over the Oval Office to Mike Pence. The stakes are too great to allow Crooked Hillary to win. Vote Trump-Pence. Or rather, Pence-Trump."

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
2 seconds in I am 100% certain he's reading something written by someone else.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Its here

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
CNN AIRING TRUMP STATEMENT NOW

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

No guys, the party that let DONALD TRUMP win the nomination will totally get its poo poo together with a month to go before election day and run a competent, historic campaign where they defeat the potential first woman president, who has been running a super competent GOTV machine for months.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
:lol:

You guys took this long to put this out?

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
"This is nothing more than a distraction"

Begins to talk about Clinton.

gently caress you Donald, forever.

Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

This is the worst apology holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU