Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Freakazoid_ posted:

I never found out why that was, but I recall a guy calling it an archer set, so I assumed it was optimal for archers.

I wish more games allowed for that kind of oddball design.

The reason was you only gained a small amount more armor by going with a plate chest over the chainmail but you lost a lot of dex in the process. I think the chainmail gave you like 2 or 3 less AR without getting the heavy dex penalty. I would have to look up the exact numbers. It was also WAAAY easier to produce HQ chainmail shirts rather than plate chests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
HOAs should be a thing. Get rid of rude players, get rid of unsightly properties. Has this ever been suggested to the devs?

I wish they took the approach of giving people "themed properties" which were only usable in designated towns so if you put down a property in Britanny, you'd be able to choose between founder/royal/public tiered generic medieval homes, and if you were to go to Ardoris, you'd be dealing with Asian-themed properties and so on.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Sep 30, 2016

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
What is a HOA?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nunes posted:

What is a HOA?

Cancer.

Also I spent money on the gothic mansion because gently caress yeah, Adams Family house.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
So, trip report for R34:

- Game's harder in the zone between babby's first 5-skull and the rise. Part of this is they made the game harder, part of this is that there's a pretty bad bug where miss & crit rates seem to be totally jacked now.
- They want you to group now. Better group experience (a 40% bonus on top of your XP share, it seems like), harder high-end mobs, a new set of armor built entirely from stuff you get in high-end content.
- In terms of poo poo that matters only to me, they fixed polearm AOE and the one-hander normalization is really nice, but taunt is still not working, that's supposed to get fixed sometime in the next day or so. Fire damage is still totally unmitigatable and I don't think they plan on fixing it until r35.

With the improved XP, harder junk, and my damage being vaguely relevant, it seems like it's supposed to be a better patch to group on. Me and a friend hung around the inside of hilt, killed the lich for his head, etc. Good XP and more what I figured the game would be- shooting the poo poo while crawling around exploring weird maps. The only problem is that the game is tough to play between the fact that taunt is bugged (so I can't hold aggro), fire damage is bugged (and most high-end challenges have fire damage), and player damage is bugged. If the game were working right now, it'd be in a really good place :\

Hilt I think is supposedly actually fixed for real real. They expanded the crawlspace room and I think if you can fight the ghosts, it's probably an OK place to get silver just regular-ways, but I haven't tested it. I actually explored it with a friend, killed the lich, did a few waves of skellies, killed ghosts, and even went into the secret door in the chapel. We found the obsidian forge and found out that if you stand on it a lot of mobs spawn lol. There's also a lot of silver in there, with fire elementals (and a couple obsidian elementals) instead of earth elementals. If fire weren't bugged I'd probably go down there to mine since earth elementals take forever to kill when you're weapon/earth.

I really like this patch, I wish it worked better. I also fought a few things and started thinking about obsidian plate as the heavy alternative to bone armor, but I'm not sure if enchants/masterworks work on it, am not sure if reflect is as good as/better than damage resistance for physical damage, if it works on non-physical etc. Heck if I could reflect 20% fire damage that'd probably be better than meteoric iron against xavara/liches/etc.

EDIT: Oh and torpor is loving garbage. I've got something like 70 or 80 earth attunement and I'm healing for like 40 health after being taken entirely out of combat for 10 seconds. Cool, very cool. I thought it'd be something like a phoenix move where you throw a bunch of focus in before death, become really hard to kill, and come back out with a lot of your health back, but it's actually "hey here's the same healing as healing touch in the earth tree so you can heal without building life attunement only it sucks because if you want to heal you should build your life attunement".

EDIT: Oh, it only reflects melee damage.... that's basically always worse than meteoric iron.

30.5 Days fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Sep 30, 2016

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Nunes posted:

What is a HOA?

Imagine the stereotypically nosy neighbor who's always up in your business, telling you what you should or shouldn't do to your property because it's "bad for the neighborhood." Now imagine a bunch of those people, organized, taking hundreds of dollars from you every month so that they can tell you what you can or can't do.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
If the community doesn't want a bunch of airships and lighthouses all over the place, why shouldn't they have some sort of recourse? I know people are only using what they bought for $400 but I'm annoyed by the fact that there's no thematic enforcement whatsoever. These towns would look (and perform) so much better if there wasn't unrestricted assets to whatever assets are in the game.

Speaking of assets, come on. If you're going to sell virtual houses, at least have it be custom made. I can buy all of the "adobe" buildings directly off the asset store for $50 (plus all sorts of environment props/textures/stuff that you'd need to make a game set in the Middle East) yet a single part of that content pack is being sold for $100. These adobe houses don't look like they belong in Shroud anyways.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085#tab-homes

If I were to redesign the system, backers would get homes according to their deeds and tiers so for example there'd be a benefactor/founder/royal founder medieval lot/village/town/city home and the same goes for the Viking/Asian/Desert themes etcetera. The store would also sell premium housing that would be locked down to certain themes meaning you wouldn't be able to place a Druid tree house in a barren desert. Houses bought with in game currency would be locked in the same way. This way, when you walk into Estgard it looks like a viking village and not a viking village with a bunch of random poo poo everywhere.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I was mostly kidding about the HOA thing.

I just want a cannon to blast that airship out of the sky.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
HOA would be terrible. I've got a four story row house (standard) with woven Elven houses on the rest of the row. I'm not gonna buy a new house to blend in. But.... If someone wanted to buy me a four story elf house I'd be willing to blend in.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't an HOA be a POT?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Akion posted:

Wouldn't an HOA be a POT?

That's exactly how some people run them yes. You really want to get to know the owner first before you think about POT living.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

yoloer420 posted:

I've got a four story row house (standard) with woven Elven houses on the rest of the row. I'm not gonna buy a new house to blend in. But.... If someone wanted to buy me a four story elf house I'd be willing to blend in.

If they designed the system with this in mind from the beginning, you would have gotten an elvish row house. I wish they thought this through in the beginning because when I walk into Estgard, I don't see a viking village, I see a viking village with a bunch of random poo poo thanks to the community lots. I do understand the irony of this since I have an Edelmann home, I just wish they gave me something that would have fit in.

They could still have premium housing, it just needs to be locked down to whatever environment it fits in with.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

30.5 Days posted:

So, trip report for R34:

Couple questions for you if you don't mind, since you seem to have more info than the rest of us.

1) You can actually make obsidian armor? I thought just the recipes were in but not the items.

2) The <secret> head that you can have as a trophy is a lich? I killed the one in Spectral Mines about ten times and never got one.

3) Are bear and wolf heads rare? I get a lot of regular wolf heads, but you can't turn those into trophies, just headgear.

bonus question 4) Where do you get dragonbone thrones? I see people sell them on the cheap, so they have to be a decorative you can pick up some where. I've seen a couple, one in Necropolis, but you can't pick that one up.

Node fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 2, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Node posted:

bonus question 4) Where do you get dragonbone thrones? I see people sell them on the cheap, so they have to be a decorative you can pick up some where. I've seen a couple, one in Necropolis, but you can't pick that one up.

Ravensmoor. Down the bottom of a dungeon and there is a Liche boss.

You can skip the boss and just loot the chest if you're lucky. I did!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Ok, there is a pretty funny bug happening right now in Jaanasford. I suggest you go to the center of the village and see what is happening for yourself, it'll be funnier that way. If you must know without going there, the orange tabby cats have been marked as hostile for some reason (they are red on your crosshair), and NPCs are chain killing them since they respawn instantly where they died. I can't interact with some vendors because they're too busy killing 3 hp cats.

Node fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Oct 2, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Same bug in Estgard now that I think about it. I just assumed it was another player who ran around doing that. Makes sense!

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Node posted:

Couple questions for you if you don't mind, since you seem to have more info than the rest of us.

1) You can actually make obsidian armor? I thought just the recipes were in but not the items.

I haven't made any, and there's a material quality thing on the sota forums that says it's melee reflect. I have no idea if that's actually shut off & not possible to do.

Node posted:

2) The <secret> head that you can have as a trophy is a lich? I killed the one in Spectral Mines about ten times and never got one.

Lich skulls are actually for the head piece of the bone armor, and for low-level (lol) liches, they're about a 1% drop. :\ Data mining says the bone armor is, uh... probably not quite worth the grind, although it does look cool as gently caress and does offer an interesting new choice on the spectrum between plate and cloth. That's pretty much all it is. Also one of its benefits is that it has more absorb than leather, but it has 0 damage resistance, which is what gives absorb its value, so..................................

The secret head is the killer bunny from monty python, but I have no clue where it is

Node posted:

3) Are bear and wolf heads rare? I get a lot of regular wolf heads, but you can't turn those into trophies, just headgear.

They don't seem that rare, I've gotten a handful of pristine elder wolf heads, and a pristine patriarch bear head just incidentally. They are rarer than the basic heads.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
For the curious: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZqsS4sCdBzh_Jfy8u7LHIZwiO9PY81FjHnvzde4zG0k/edit?usp=sharing

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

Ravensmoor. Down the bottom of a dungeon and there is a Liche boss.

You can skip the boss and just loot the chest if you're lucky. I did!

I found him. He kinda hurts. I did manage to steal his throne, which was behind his, uh, throne. Is this was a more or less finished dungeon looks like? When I was walking around, I noticed I knocked over a skull and it rolled a few feet - physics! I haven't seen that before in this game.

Node fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 8, 2016

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

I'm not quite sure what this means.

But I bet it is related to this question: whats the best way (or cheapest way) to raise alchemy? Do you just make lots and lots and lots of health potions?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Node posted:

I'm not quite sure what this means.

But I bet it is related to this question: whats the best way (or cheapest way) to raise alchemy? Do you just make lots and lots and lots of health potions?

I was able to spam it pretty well just doing that, but that was because I had like 2 thousand corpse wax in my bank or some drat thing. So I was able to buy flasks and garlic, craft potions, sell back the potions and get the vast majority of my money back. I rolled something like 1-60 or something just with what I had on me.

That spreadsheet shows the amount of silver/gold ore needed and optimal crafting XP pool size to level MW or enchanting to whatever level from level 1.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Hadn't logged in since the release went live until just now. From what I can tell, Estgard looks great! I'd love to see the rest of it, but my FPS won't get over 16 or so.

Stoked about the accordion and one-man band from the telethon, but all my ABCs got wiped for some reason!

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

30.5 Days posted:

I was able to spam it pretty well just doing that, but that was because I had like 2 thousand corpse wax in my bank or some drat thing. So I was able to buy flasks and garlic, craft potions, sell back the potions and get the vast majority of my money back. I rolled something like 1-60 or something just with what I had on me.

That spreadsheet shows the amount of silver/gold ore needed and optimal crafting XP pool size to level MW or enchanting to whatever level from level 1.

Cool, thanks. Didn't take much to get up to 60, like you I have way too many corpse waxes for my own good. I'm guessing the base Alchemy skill affects enchantment success? Or is it only the enchantment skill itself? Because skill gain became abysmally slow at about 55 or so making health potions and I shudder at the thought of how many thousands of potions you'd need to make to get to at least 100.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Hadn't logged in since the release went live until just now. From what I can tell, Estgard looks great! I'd love to see the rest of it, but my FPS won't get over 16 or so.

Stoked about the accordion and one-man band from the telethon, but all my ABCs got wiped for some reason!

The music folder moved to some place in userdata/roaming/portalarium I think. Just copy your existing ABC folder in there (all the ABC files are still where you left them).

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
What are some irritating abc files I can play? I have the Jeopardy! theme song, but I want more.

And flute is the most annoying instrument, right?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Not sure but I think 2-3 people playing unsynchronized bohemian rhapsody is bound to upset anyone hearing it.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Node posted:

Cool, thanks. Didn't take much to get up to 60, like you I have way too many corpse waxes for my own good. I'm guessing the base Alchemy skill affects enchantment success? Or is it only the enchantment skill itself? Because skill gain became abysmally slow at about 55 or so making health potions and I shudder at the thought of how many thousands of potions you'd need to make to get to at least 100.

No, the enchantment skill is the only impact on enchantment success. Same with "base" MW abilities. The specialization MW abilities determine which MW's you can draw. You need to get to ~60 in enchantment to cap out +2 at 95%, you need to GM to cap out +4 at 95% and the others will never cap out.

As far as what the base alchemy skill is good for, proficiency 60 (around level 72) is required to do all the gem socketing stuff you probably want to do, but an expert crafting table drops that requirement to prof 55 which is much easier to hit.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

30.5 Days posted:

No, the enchantment skill is the only impact on enchantment success. Same with "base" MW abilities. The specialization MW abilities determine which MW's you can draw. You need to get to ~60 in enchantment to cap out +2 at 95%, you need to GM to cap out +4 at 95% and the others will never cap out.

As far as what the base alchemy skill is good for, proficiency 60 (around level 72) is required to do all the gem socketing stuff you probably want to do, but an expert crafting table drops that requirement to prof 55 which is much easier to hit.

Thanks.

I forgot which mine was the one that had the most silver in it for blacksmith MWing. I thought it was Elysium but I only see gold here. Which mine has it again?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Node posted:

What are some irritating abc files I can play? I have the Jeopardy! theme song, but I want more.

And flute is the most annoying instrument, right?

When I want to get someone off the piano in Soltown, I go upstairs and start playing Mr Self Destruct by Nine Inch Nails

They get up real quick.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Node posted:

Thanks.

I forgot which mine was the one that had the most silver in it for blacksmith MWing. I thought it was Elysium but I only see gold here. Which mine has it again?

Elysium does have silver at the bottom, there's a breakable passageway into a room with a ton of earth elementals and silver nodes. Pretty much all of the mines except etceter crag have that identical setup.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

30.5 Days posted:

Elysium does have silver at the bottom, there's a breakable passageway into a room with a ton of earth elementals and silver nodes. Pretty much all of the mines except etceter crag have that identical setup.

Oh thanks, I didn't bother to check that far down. If I don't loot the earth elementals will they respawn slower?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Node posted:

Oh thanks, I didn't bother to check that far down. If I don't loot the earth elementals will they respawn slower?

Yes but not slowly enough, they've cranked up respawn rates down there, but it seems to apply to the silver as well. That's why silver prices have plummeted since the change: earth elementals don't deal or take damage from other earth elementals.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I really wish I understood exactly what they wanted to happen with silver mines. Any mining groups pretty much fell apart the moment they put through that change to cut mining spawn speed in party instances, and they keep raising the pressure on solo players in silver areas for no apparent reason. Is the goal that only the most powerful players can mine silver (and only if they have non-earth magic queued up to use on the elementals)? Like, loving, why?

30.5 Days fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Oct 9, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I hear you but those mines are still basically placeholders (apart from the original one I guess?) so we'll see. With current high repsawn rates the high value nodes/mobs could stand to be a little more physically spread out.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
I am a little confused on skill points still. Will this hard cap like UO did where you can only grandmaster so many skills? I so far am dabbling with Archery but not sure if I should go the distance with it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DancingShade posted:

I hear you but those mines are still basically placeholders (apart from the original one I guess?) so we'll see. With current high repsawn rates the high value nodes/mobs could stand to be a little more physically spread out.

It's a chore as is considering it is five ingots per MW. 400 ore is 100 ingots (there aren't silver scraps yet as far as I know), and that is 20 MW attempts. My math might be wrong since I'm retarded, but 400 ore is a couple hours work if you're an optimist.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
So as part of my ongoing obsession with datamining all info about MW and Enchanting, here is more data about those crafting professions:

You can enchant & masterwork a piece up to 5 times each. When you succeed, you draw 3 random Enchants/MWs from the available set and are allowed to choose from. When you choose one, the max durability of the piece is cut by the amount listed on the piece, and the enchant is added. Some pieces have different multipliers on enchants/MWs, what this translates to is that jewelry, 1-handers, and most armor pieces will have half the stat and half the durability loss listed below. 2H's, legs, and chestpiece get the full effect. The only exception to this rule is that 1H's get the full impact of gem enchants.

- Enchanting/Tailoring MW/Carpentry MW/Blacksmithing MW - These skills determine your success chance. Success chance formula uses level and not proficiency (I think):

First Enchant: 75% + 0.34% * MW Level
Second Enchant: 40% + 0.6% * MW Level
Third Enchant: 10% + 0.5% * MW Level
Fourth Enchant: 0.2% * MW Level
Fifth Enchant: 0.1% * MW Level

(These numbers cap out at 95%)

There's a set of enchants and masterworks that are always available to be drawn no matter what. Additionally, some items can be gemmed (amulets, rings, chestpieces, weapons, and shields). With the exception of ranged weapons and shields, gemming an item will add special enchants to the pool of available enchants. Additionally, hitting 50 in a MW specialization skill will add additional MW options to pieces under the specialization.

Here are all enchants:

All pieces have the following enchants:
- +2 Str (-10 dur)
- +4 Str (-20 dur)
- +2 Int (-10 dur)
- +4 Int (-20 dur)
- +2 Dex (-10 dur)
- +4 Dex (-20 dur)
- +10 Health (-10 dur)
- +20 Health (-20 dur)
- +10 Focus (-10 dur)
- +20 Focus (-20 dur)

Chestpieces, if enchanting while gemmed, can have the following enchants:
- Tempestry Gem: +20% Soothing Rain Radius (-30) or Fire Resistance proc (-40)
- Atenism Gem: Sunlight VFX (-20) or Sun Strength proc (-40)
- Lunaism Gem: Moonlight VFX (-20) or Deadly Night proc (-40)
- Thamaturgy Gem: +5% Healing Power (-30) or Mend proc (-40)
- Sorcery Gem: +2.5% Fire Range (-30) or Weapon Swiftness proc (-40)
- Gaiaism Gem: +15% Strength of Earth Power (-30) or Weapon Power proc (-40)
- Necromancy Gem: +10% Near Death Power (-30) or +20% Corpse Explosion Power (-30)
- Thurgy Gem: +15% Discharge Power (-30) or Deftness proc (-40)

Weapons (other than ranged), if enchanted while gemmed, can have the following enchants:
- Tempestry Gem: +10% Soothing Rain Power (-30) or +10% Ice Arrow Power (-30)
- Atenism Gem: Blistering Ray proc (-40) or Blind proc (-40)
- Lunaism Gem: +15% Shadow Form Length (-30) or +7.5% Night Step Range (-30)
- Thamaturgy Gem: +2.5% Life Effectiveness (-30) or Banish Undead proc (-40)
- Sorcery Gem: +2.5% Fire Damage (-30) or Ignite proc (-40)
- Gaiaism Gem: +15% Obsidian Arrow Strength Power (-30) or Tremor Proc (-40)
- Necromancy Gem: +15% Death Ray Power (-30) or Drain Health proc (-40)
- Thurgy Gem: Gust proc (-40) or Galvanic Blast proc (-40)

Jewelry, if enchanted while gemmed, can have the following enchants:
- Tempestry Jewel: +10% Water Elemental Damage (-30) or +6% Douse Effectiveness (-30)
- Atenism Jewel: +2% Sun Strength proc Chance (-30) or +25% Blistering Ray proc Power (-30)
- Lunaism Jewel: +10% Deadly Night proc Power (-30) or +2% Deadly Night proc Chance (-30)
- Thamaturgy Jewel: +2% Mend proc Chance (-30) or 10% Banish Undead Power (-30)
- Sorcery Jewel: +3% Ignite proc Chance (-30) or +2% Weapon Swiftness proc Power (-30)
- Gaiaism Jewel: +1 (??+100%??) Root Range (-30) or +15% Tremor proc Power (-30)
- Necromancy Jewel: +15% Drain Health proc Power (-30) or +10% Summoned Undead Power (-30)
- Thurgy Jewel: +25% Galvanic Blast proc Power (-30) or +2% Gust proc Chance (-30)

As for MW's, all armor has the following MW's, available from level 1:
- +2% Avoidance (-10)
- +10% DR (-10)
- +15% DR (-15)

Cloth armor has the following MW's, available from level 1:
- +2 Int (-10)
- +10 Focus (-10)

Leather armor has the following MW's, available from level 1:
- +2 Dex (-10)
- +10 Health (-10)

Chain armor has the following MW's, available from level 1:
- +2 Str (-10)
- +10 Focus (-10)

Plate armor has the following MW's, available from level 1:
- +2 Str (-10)
- +10 Health (-10)

All weapons have the following MW's, available from level 1:
- 2% Crit Chance (-10)
- 5% Crit Damage (-10)
- +2.5% Weapon Damage Modifier (-10)
- +20% Weapon Damage Bonus (-10)
- +2.5% Weapon Strength Damage (-10)

Shields have the following MW's, available from level 1:
- 20% Reduced Focus Cost on Shield Skills (-15)
- +20% DR (-15)
- +10% Charge Stun Chance (-15)
- +2 Avoidance (-10)
- +2 Block (-25)

Wands have the following MW's, available from level 1:
- +2.5% Spell Damage (-10)
- +2.5% Spell Critical Damage (-10)
- 5% Reduced Reagent Use (-10)
- +5% Max Focus (-10)
- +10 Focus (-10)
- +5 Focus (-5)

Staffs have the following MW's, available from level 1:
- +10 Focus (-10)
- +20 Focus (-20)
- +10% Max Focus (-20)
- 10% Reduced Reagent Use (-20)
- +5% Spell Damage (-20)
- +5% Spell Critical Damage (-20)

Then, when you hit level 50 in a MW Specialization skill, you unlock some additional MW's for that specialization only:

Cloth/Leather:
Torso - +10% Evasion Power (-10)
Legs - +10% Dodge Power (-10)
Head - 25% Reduced Focus Cost on Light Armor Skills (-15) or +0.01% (???) Focus Regen (-10)
Hands - +3% Attack Speed (-10) or +10% Flurry Power (-10)
Feet - +3% Move Speed (-10) or +10% Sprint Power (-10)

Chain/Plate:
Torso - +20% Body Slam Stun Length (-10)
Legs - +10% Glancing Blow Power (-10)
Head - +5% Stun Resist (-10) or 25% Reduced Focus Cost on Heavy Armor Skills (-15)
Hands - +1% Attack Speed (-10) or +10% Inner Strength Power (-10)
Feet - +1% Move Speed (-10) or +10% Glancing Blow Power (-10)

Shield:
- +20% Charge Stun Length (-15)
- +10% Shield Bash Knockback Chance (-15)
- +20% Shield Bash Stun Length (-15)
- +1 Block (-15)
- 20% Slow Reduction from Testudo (-15)

Ranged:
- +5% Rapid Fire Power (-15)
- +10% Piercing Shot Power (-15)
- +5% Multishot Power (-15)
- +10% Disabling Shot Power (-15)
- +10% Disabling Shot Duration (-15)
- +10% Blinding Shot Debuff Power (-15)
- +10% Blinding Shot Power (-15)
- +10% Aimed Shot Power (-15)

Polearm:
- +10% Spinning Attack Power (-15)
- +10% Skewer Duration (-15)
- +3% Skewer Root Chance (-15)
- +10% Skewer Power (-15)
- +10% Push Power (-15)
- +10% Puncture Power (-15)
- +10% Pull Range (-15)
- +10% Pull Power (-15)
- +10% Leg Sweep Power (-15)
- +3% Leg Sweep Knockdown Chance (-15)

Bludgeon:
- +10% Knockdown Power (-15)
- +3% Knockdown Chance (-15)
- +10% Knockback Power (-15)
- +3% Knockback Chance (-15)
- +10% Crushing Blow Stun Duration (-15)
- +3% Crushing Blow Stun Chance (-15)
- +10% Crushing Blow Power (-15)
- +10% Break Weapon Power (-15)
- +10% Break Weapon Debuff Power (-15)
- +10% Break Armor Power (-15)
- +10% Break Armor Debuff Power (-15)

Blade:
- +10% Whirling Blades Power (-15)
- +10% Thrust Power (-15)
- +10% Riposte Power (-15)
- +10% Riposte Defense Power (-15)
- +10% Rend Power (-15)
- +10% Rend Length (-15)
- +10% Double Slash Power (-15)
- +10% Coup de Grace Power (-15)

Altogether not terribly impressed with the specialization skills, although the weapon spec skills do have some interesting options. On the one hand, you have armors which add a couple mediocre options, on the other hand, you have weapons which add so many decent options that you're unlikely to draw must-haves like +Weapon damage. Maybe the math works out different than that.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

30.5 Days posted:

Chain/Plate:
Feet - +1% Move Speed (-10) or +10% Glancing Blow Power (-10)

laughing out loud

A WHOLE PERCENT FASTER

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Node posted:

laughing out loud

A WHOLE PERCENT FASTER

It's super funny because these kind of minor % increases are pretty good in PVP games because everyone starts with basically the same move speed so 1% is enough to mean you'll eventually/never catch up with someone. But in Sota there are abilities you can level that give you much more than 3% speed differences sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Is this worth playing yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
How much do you hate yourself?