Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

sharrrk posted:

cryogonal rules, i love the weird snowflake pokemon

I mean, that's fair, it just seems like a more obvious target for the Vanilluxe haters. Yet it's completely ignored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i just want my cat pokemon to sit in my lap and be petted

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

AlphaKretin posted:

But seriously how often do you remember that Cryogonal even exists?

I honestly forgot it existed until you just reminded me.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Too bad it's an Ice type! :bang:

Every Ice-type ever. :smith:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Cyrogonal has the stats to be a decent defensive special attacker.

Too bad it's an Ice type! :bang:

i mean it's got 105 base speed, 95 sp.atk, and 30 defense

give it 6 more points in speed and 20 in sp.atk and it'd actually be solid

still completely outclassed by weavile but aren't we all

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Ruggington posted:

i mean it's got 105 base speed, 95 sp.atk, and 30 defense

give it 6 more points in speed and 20 in sp.atk and it'd actually be solid

still completely outclassed by weavile but aren't we all

Oh wow, I completely forgot how fast it was. Yeah, that's not super bad, though like you said, it could be better.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Zuzie posted:

I always wanted a motorcycle Pokémon but people tend to bitch about Pokémon that look like inanimate objects.

i wanted this, and a three stage bug/normal-> bug/fighting kamen rider style pokemon (even better if it has a mega evolution at the end for an ultimate form) Also i thought a cool idea was a Ultra stone that combined a z-move and a mega transformation together so you could mega evolve and then when you used the Z-move it would burn up the mega evolution too.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

It would actually be pretty funny if Luchalitten's 3D model was it on all fours, but it stood up temporarily during attack animations. After all, it would be pretty fast if it ran as a quadruped instead of a biped. Unless nature doesn't work like that, are there wild cats with big front paws and smaller legs?

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Crosspeice posted:

It would actually be pretty funny if Luchalitten's 3D model was it on all fours, but it stood up temporarily during attack animations. After all, it would be pretty fast if it ran as a quadruped instead of a biped. Unless nature doesn't work like that, are there wild cats with big front paws and smaller legs?

I don't know about cats, but that's an inversion of how rabbit locomotion works.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Crosspeice posted:

oshawott becomes a sealion, Litten becomes a gorilla.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ka0 posted:

I'm glad we can all agree that 4's deviantartesque plot of destroying reality is the worst story.

Story aside, the distortion world was still really cool looking.

I hope they use the female protagonist in Pokémon generations when they get to Gen 5. She's rad, and even though I don't watch the anime it still kinda annoys me that she was never featured in the anime.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Oct 8, 2016

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zore posted:

Its also not really true outside of like, the elemental punches vs. the elemental fangs on some physical pokemon.

Typhlosian has a more garbage movepool than Entei. Salamence has a better movepool than Garchomp (Dragon Dance)...

Salamence flies, it's a noped.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Story aside, the distortion world was still really cool looking.

I hope they use the female protagonist in Pokémon generations when they get to Gen 5. She's rad, and even though I don't watch the anime it still kinda annoys me that she was never featured in the anime.

sorry it'sll be dudes in hats forever

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Pokemon Conquest has a lot of sidestories huh

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Would I be unable to play an imported copy of Pokemon Black 2 on a 3DS/2DS from a different region?
If so, would it work with the Poke Transporter app?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

absolutely anything posted:

i hope the cat grows up to be a two-legged wrestler that puts small animals through tables

you're in luck...

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
I find almost all legendaries and unevolvable pkmn boring. Is something wrong with me?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

cheetah7071 posted:

Pokemon Conquest has a lot of sidestories huh

Frankly it's the meat of the game. I'm pretty sure there's even another one with your main character to tie things up at the end.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Frankly it's the meat of the game. I'm pretty sure there's even another one with your main character to tie things up at the end.

I did the Yaksha guy's story and got stuck in a cycle of winning a new area only for the invading army to take the area I just left.

And since you can't start or end side stories at will, I made the game unwinnable for myself. :negative:

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Cernunnos posted:

Anyone with a copy of X, the Bank, and enough time on their hands can make an arbitrary number of Xerneas.

Wait what? I don't have the Bank yet, but I thought you couldn't breed/dupe legendaries, is this legit?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Play X, catch Xerneas, store in Bank, wipe save, GOTO 10, I assume

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

sharrrk posted:

cryogonal rules, i love the weird snowflake pokemon

I love my snowflake boy

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Mierenneuker posted:

Would I be unable to play an imported copy of Pokemon Black 2 on a 3DS/2DS from a different region?
If so, would it work with the Poke Transporter app?

I played a French copy of Black on my American 3DS. You should be fine. I THINK it would still work with the Transporter app, but I admit I never actually tried to get any of my French duders...

AlphaKretin posted:

I never made it that far. I played 3 or so side stories... and they all play out pretty much the same. You capture all the regions. The only difference is where you start, so I got burned out. Still plenty of content and I enjoyed the game immensely.

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
I hate that a bunch of the side-stories in Conquest are now unobtainable because you had to download them from nintendo wi-fi.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Zuzie posted:

People seem to be desperate for a quadrupedal starter, nevermind the fact that most quadruped Pokémon tend to have awful movepools when compared to their biped brethren.

Serperior teaches us that the movepool/legs function is a bell curve

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zombiepop posted:

I find almost all legendaries and unevolvable pkmn boring. Is something wrong with me?

Yep

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Ok I just got a Xerneas through the GTS.

The guy, huh, wanted an Aromatisse. Yeah I have no idea.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Generations is fun and good. Although possibly I just want an entire television season of Blue (or Green or whatever) being a huge dick to everyone, on the planet

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

A proper animated adaptation of the manga please.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

AlphaKretin posted:

I want a Pokemon with three legs, just to mess with people who care about how many legs a Pokemon has.

I'm surprised there's still no Sphinx pokemon that is four legged in its' basic form, 2 legged in its' next evolution, and the final form is 2 legged and wielding a staff/cane.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

I want a Pokemon with three legs, just to mess with people who care about how many legs a Pokemon has.

They missed this chance with Pokemon Sun

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

AlphaKretin posted:

please do not insult my second favorite gen v monster by forgetting him

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
i honestly never noticed he had 3 legs instead of 4.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh poo poo, I even like the Gigalith line, how'd I miss that? There ya go.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gen 8 fire starter will be a fire/fighting centaur

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Vernatio posted:

I hate that a bunch of the side-stories in Conquest are now unobtainable because you had to download them from nintendo wi-fi.

There are codes you can input to unlock those stories.

I did like pokemon conquest's idea, but its repetitive application wasn't great. I would love a remake that fixed its more glaring problems.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

mabels big day posted:

This. The Electric Tale of Pikachu would be rad as an anime.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Play X, catch Xerneas, store in Bank, wipe save, GOTO 10, I assume

Alternatively, get a Powersave, save before the battle with Xerneas, and backup the save file. Now you can catch it as many times as you want.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

With powersaves you can just clone, whatever. Also change vivillon forme, very useful.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

mabels big day posted:

Agreed. Toss out Ash and co for some more effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Alternatively, get a Powersave, save before the battle with Xerneas, and backup the save file. Now you can catch it as many times as you want.

Crosspeice posted:

With powersaves you can just clone, whatever. Also change vivillon forme, very useful.

How reliable are powersaves? I just want to be able to back up my Y/OR saves so I can play through the games again but still be able to switch back to my original files for sentimental reasons. The Amazon reviews for them are terrible.