Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

i wish i had that amazingly ugly dlc

I think that's the consolation prize you get from Carbuncle Surprise if you haven't received it yet. After you have it you get member points instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Schwartzcough posted:

The way you play the game ain't fair.

Anyway, what are these "member points" consolation prizes from the Carbuncle thing even worth?

Oh wait, I just looked, and they're worth absolutely nothing. Exchange a million of them for useless junk nobody wants. Neat.

Yeah aside from the Cindy skin I've had poo poo all the way down.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Yeah aside from the Cindy skin I've had poo poo all the way down.

Same. They should have put a little more fluff dlc in. I just check every week and go "oh boy, more points I won't spend"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I for one will be proud to have Cindy's tits plastered all over my car

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Speaking of which, in some 8-ish hours from now there's gonna be a FFXV stream. Apparently a new build was recently deployed and played by a couple of people and it reportedly has stable 30-fps, enhanced graphics, and some other kinks sorted out, so we might get a look at that.

Also, second time's the charm.

Terper posted:

Final Fantasy XV releases next month

Terper fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Oct 2, 2016

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Don't jinx it!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

AlphaKretin posted:

FFXV's Moogle is an item!

It's a "lucky item" in the form of a plush toy that somehow helps Noct's party out when they're in a pinch. To me that sounds like a summon, but otherwise we're without actual living Moogles in the game. Huh.

E: To clarify I'm summarising, not translating.

From http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff15/countdown/

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
There was a countdown just to tell us that? I can't wait for the next countdown when they reveal there are blue chocobos.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well it isn't done yet.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh goddamnit, it's the Moogle Charm.

Onmi posted:

Final Fantasy XV's moogle is an item! In Final Fantasy XV, the moogle appears as a "Lucky Item"! (Carry a moogle plush doll in your inventory as you walk, like a charm,) and believe in its ability to help you evade all crises and difficulties. It might be able to save Noctis and company when they are in a pinch?!

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I haven't been following this because the delay just makes me sad, but I preordered a while ago through the PSN. How do I get all these rewards/bonus things that people seem to be collecting?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Fhqwhgads posted:

I haven't been following this because the delay just makes me sad, but I preordered a while ago through the PSN. How do I get all these rewards/bonus things that people seem to be collecting?

You have to pre-order from SquareEnix directly. I'll keep my Amazon pre-order with 20% off.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Method #2: Register without Pre-Order or Purchase. To register without Pre-Order or Purchase: visit https://carbunclesurprise.finalfantasyxv.com/rules/amoe and login using the email address and password associated with your Square Enix Online Store Account (the “Registration”). If you do not have a Square Enix account, you may create one by visiting https://store.na.square-enix.com/login.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Sweet, now I have a gaudy car skin. Now I guess I have to remember to come back weekly, huh?

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Awesome, thanks for the link. Car skin as well, I figured as much.

Waldean
Apr 27, 2005

Fhqwhgads posted:

Sweet, now I have a gaudy car skin. Now I guess I have to remember to come back weekly, huh?

You won't get those 3 member points any other way

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

Method #2: Register without Pre-Order or Purchase. To register without Pre-Order or Purchase: visit https://carbunclesurprise.finalfantasyxv.com/rules/amoe and login using the email address and password associated with your Square Enix Online Store Account (the “Registration”). If you do not have a Square Enix account, you may create one by visiting https://store.na.square-enix.com/login.

:glomp:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I am happy to spread the joy of cindy skins

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Last I checked, you can get like a bag for 15 pts so there's that. :v:

Those who did it today should still be able to do it this Friday as the "week" is from Friday to the following Thursday. So, keep up every Friday until Nov 11, you should have enough for a Square Enix Store bag.

Though, I think a lot of people will be trying for that bag once the points become redeemable so you'll probably have to wait.

EDIT: https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/286515/square-enix-exclusive-ecobag Don't know if this is an NA-only thing though since the bag says "store.na.square-enix.com" on it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCBbFwdpC6o

Here are the first 45 minutes of the game again, but this time from the final build of the game. It looks like those extra couple of months really helped the game out. The framerate is a lot more consistent and pop-in is greatly reduced. I can't really judge the antialiasing based on a compressed Youtube video, but it looks like that might be a bit better as well.

Good stuff all-in-all! I think Square-Enix made the right call in delaying this game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

According to SE, this is basically what we would have gotten even without the delay, it's just that it would have to be a day-one patch. But hey it's neat.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah, the dust clouds that big rhino thing puffs up with its feet

Comeooon November

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I don't like how the rhino was trying to attack but just made you slide around a little.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I want to play this game really badly.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

RCarr posted:

I want to play this game really badly.

:same:

drat, everything looks so good, and I really really want to play the updated combat engine but not only against an Iron Knight.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

best game in the series

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

"It's alright, you'll always be the king of my country."

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's from Eurogamer's hour-long video, and I actually liked it a lot, it's got a lot more goofy and optional stuff that other videos haven't been showing off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf3BAN77s9g

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I only watched Gamespot's 45 min video from this set because I didn't want one with commentary and the game looks better than it has historically, but I get big "style over substance" vibes from it. The world seems pretty empty and outside of the staple fetch/kill quests, not much to do in it. Chilling in the Regalia ought to be fun for a while, especially if there are ways to do jumps from cliffs and cause traffic accidents and poo poo.

It's definitely much wider in scope than NieR: Automata, but while the world of that game has been barely shown, it's probably fair to say that it's in the same umbrella of pretty barren world with generic quests but what NieR 2 has over this is that Platinum are making it so you know the combat is going to be extremely fun for long periods. I think that's something that XV is going to struggle with. XV has got quite some ground to make up to be the open world JRPG of Square's I want to play most.

Would like to know if this is from a Pro or not too. I don't really have access to a PS4 anymore but I'd still consider travelling to where I can play with one if that footage was stock PS4 and we get a bit more to do when the game's further in. Noct has a fishing skill, so maybe it has a nice fishing mini game.

Really minor nitpick:
Why is it that Noctis is the one receiving phone calls when the quest is completed. It annoys me when this sort of poo poo happens, when characters get extremely well timed and convenient phone calls. It's a phone, why can't he say "I'll ring Cindy, let her know we're done" and then the conversation flow can go the same "Oh, by the way, Noctis, I got a message from Blah and he says Blah Blah, can you go do it?".

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Oct 8, 2016

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It feels kinda weird for me that we've only seen the same two locations for a game that's probably gonna take 15 hours or more to complete. Surely they must have other ways to showcase the game and graphics/performance?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I only watched Gamespot's 45 min video from this set because I didn't want one with commentary and the game looks better than it has historically, but I get big "style over substance" vibes from it. The world seems pretty empty and outside of the staple fetch/kill quests, not much to do in it. Chilling in the Regalia ought to be fun for a while, especially if there are ways to do jumps from cliffs and cause traffic accidents and poo poo.

It's definitely much wider in scope than NieR: Automata, but while the world of that game has been barely shown, it's probably fair to say that it's in the same umbrella of pretty barren world with generic quests but what NieR 2 has over this is that Platinum are making it so you know the combat is going to be extremely fun for long periods. I think that's something that XV is going to struggle with. XV has got quite some ground to make up to be the open world JRPG of Square's I want to play most.

Would like to know if this is from a Pro or not too. I don't really have access to a PS4 anymore but I'd still consider travelling to where I can play with one if that footage was stock PS4 and we get a bit more to do when the game's further in. Noct has a fishing skill, so maybe it has a nice fishing mini game.

Maybe if you watched the video with commentary you'd see some of that substance because they veer off the road and inspect stuff and do side things. Like this, which only happened because they happened to camp at a certain spot.

And no all the recent footage is from Xbone/PS4.

ufarn posted:

It feels kinda weird for me that we've only seen the same two locations for a game that's probably gonna take 15 hours or more to complete. Surely they must have other ways to showcase the game and graphics/performance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzIsbgDt5oM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLy8LD8P9uc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUzLSTvKd-g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIT0OOYOD_A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXBXsBCthC4

And several other areas sprinkled throughout some of the recent story trailers.

Terper fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 8, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Terper posted:

Maybe if you watched the video with commentary you'd see some of that substance because they veer off the road and inspect stuff and do side things.

I'll watch the Eurogamer video later then. Good that it's on the original PS4 too.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Terper posted:

Maybe if you watched the video with commentary you'd see some of that substance because they veer off the road and inspect stuff and do side things. Like this, which only happened because they happened to camp at a certain spot.

It's a minor nitpick for sure but if I was able to notice it it was pretty obvious. At the end of that race, look at how their 'shadows' are reflected in the water behind them. That looked hideous and it was all I focused on in that ending cutscene. I hope that's fixed in either the final release or the Pro version.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That is not technically a glitch but a side-effect of the post-processing used to render reflections. If you pay attention you may notice this in several other games. This is used because using ray-tracing is incredibly taxing on the processing power, and at the moment there is really no good way to deal with it that looks decent without being too taxing. You can hope for some fix, but don't expect it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

It amazes/depresses me how graphically nitpicky people have become. :psyduck:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Stay away from the thread if a PC version ever comes out, then.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Tae posted:

Stay away from the thread if a PC version ever comes out, then.

It's a deal.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Eh, it amazes/depresses me when people settle for subpar. Not particularly speaking about this game, the final build seems much improved, but in general. Swings and roundabouts, innit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Eh, it amazes/depresses me when people settle for subpar.

The present generation of game players is the most insufferable, entitled batch on record.

• Locked thread