Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I'm changing my vote to "Marla is going to release a sex tape that's literally donald tied to a chair in a corner, getting cucked while a black dude fucks her." for the finale of october.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Bushiz posted:

I'm changing my vote to "Marla is going to release a sex tape that's literally donald tied to a chair in a corner, getting cucked while a black dude fucks her." for the finale of october.

This but also he's repeatedly yelling the n-word as it happens.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Tom Yum posted:

I'm so annoyed that this debate is on a Sunday night because now I have to choose between this and my D&D game

You see an old man in front of you. He is squinting at you.
Suddenly his hand reaches out and grabs your pussy.

Roll for Charisma.

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011

Bushiz posted:

Black girl.

With a four-inch strap-on.

Donald can be heard throughout the tape commenting on how big it is and wondering how Marla can take it all.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

happyhippy posted:

What do you do?

Turn north.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
I think even if Texas somehow went blue this time, it would be written off as the Trump anomaly.

When the GOP throws a milquetoast Romney/Kasich type white guy at us in 2020, the white women will flood back their way.

Even though Pence wants 2020, I think he will be irreparably damaged by association from this.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Spacebump posted:

If Texas went blue somehow, it wouldn't carry over to the next Presidential. With current polling, Texas turning blue is likely to happen but not until maybe 2024.

If Texas flips blue for the Presidential this year, you can expect them to quadruple-down on disenfranchising minority voters for the next four years.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

happyhippy posted:

What do you do?

Attack

kittiesgomeow
Oct 13, 2008

This avatar cost on average $27.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/359803783724793857

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
https://mobile.twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/784815190588198912/photo/1

lol

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

comingafteryouall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKYmiWiNqOw

You're all a bunch of hypocrites. Trump's talk was on Access Hollywood, where such locker room speech belongs. Obama disrespected a library!

It's not better than the joy of Trump's immolation, but the continued stance from idiots defending Trump that the issue is using uncouth language is just priceless. Keep on talking about the language used when describing assaulting women, just keep yelling to the world how Trump apologized for his potty mouth and how it's no different than what any other man says. Please, proceed. I want to see what happens when only older white men and Ben Carson vote for someone.

I really hope I'm far enough ahead in the queue to get my power back in time for the debate tomorrow. It's going to be the most exquisite meltdown.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
I put on my wizard hat and crush his small baby hands

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cant cook creole bream posted:

Isn't this kinda what this thread does? Okay our propaganda comes from the liberal bias of reality, but still.

reality is biased against conservatives.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/784804121396346881

God bless this day. :allears:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

"EVEN PEOPLE I DON'T PAY TO DO IT ARE SUPPORTING ME! THERE'S NOTHING WRONG!" says increasingly nervous jackass for the third time today.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Trump doesn't know the meaning of the word defensive. He always follows Roy Cohn's plan, it's not surprising for him to shift and start saying poo poo about other people.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

bad boy in the boy band posted:

Yeah, there's no way Texas goes blue. Jesus Christ himself could come back to earth, run for president, and wouldn't win Texas because he has a D next to his name.

(((jesus christ)))

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Reminder that if you are going to put together a mega-blue 270towin map, you need to give Hillary at least one of Nebraska's CD's

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pence's political career is melting down with Trump :allears:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Do either of the candidates have any rallies or anything today, or are both camps just hunkering down for the debate?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Yeah, there's no way Texas goes blue. Jesus Christ himself could come back to earth, run for president, and wouldn't win Texas because he has a D next to his name.

You really think that the modern GOP gives a drat about Jesus other than as a codeword to get idiots to support them? He'd be written off as an evil secret-Muslim commie in a heartbeat by the evangelicals.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hopefully some news outlet turns the unendorsement timeline into a graphic where the Titanic-esque SS TRUMP is sinking nose-first and you've got people leaping into lifeboats in the back with pop-up dates and statements for the early jumpers and by the time you get to the front it's rats with GOP faces scrabbling out of potholes filling with water.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Mark Blyth on the rise of Global Trumpisms and Donald Trump It's worth the watch.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Crow Jane posted:

Do either of the candidates have any rallies or anything today, or are both camps just hunkering down for the debate?

Pence and Trump canceled appearances in Wisconsin today

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Hollismason posted:

Trump doesn't know the meaning of the word defensive. He always follows Roy Cohn's plan, it's not surprising for him to shift and start saying poo poo about other people.

Ah, the 'Vicky Pollard' defense.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Did anybody post this in here yet?

https://twitter.com/leahmcelrath/status/784614267383386112

Pretty good series of tweets with quotes/video of how what he says lines up with typical behavior of abusers. (have to click through to see them all)

pro-click.

also in non-election news, Obama signed into law the Sexual Assault Survivors Bill of Rights

quote:

Today, President Obama signed into law the Sexual Assault Survivors Rights Act, establishing a set of guidelines for the federal government handles forensic evidence gathered after a person reports a sexual assault, otherwise known as a rape kit.

The law mandates that no survivor be monetarily charged for their examination by medical professionals, and that the evidence collected must be preserved until the statute of limitations for the state runs out or 20 years has passed. In addition, a survivor must receive a 60 day notice prior to any evidence being destroyed, and has the ability to request their rape kit be preserved.

The legislation was introduced by Senator Jeanne Shaheen, who crafted the bill along with sexual assault survivor Amanda Nguyen. Amanda pushed for the passing of the legislative protections after she learned that she would have to file an extension request with the state of Massachusetts every six months if she didn’t want her rape kit destroyed.

The bill was unanimously passed by Congress in September.

The new law only applies to federal cases, and a whole host of issues remain effecting survivors of sexual assault in the United States, including a national backlog of an estimated 400,000 untested rape kits.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Pence's political career is melting down with Trump :allears:

Pence's career was over with the Indiana RFRA, being trump's VP was him playing penny stocks with the severance package.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

That hypocrite will never be able to wash the Trump stink off, even if he bows out it's too late to salvage his image

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm going back to my post DNC high prediction of 375 EVs for Hillary. I really think that it can now happen based on this map.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/QxxPy

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

fishmech posted:

Well they're busy ranting about Jewish speeches now:

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/784564871883087872

(((Hillary Clinton))) (((in))) (((private))) (((Jewish))) (((speech)))

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

happyhippy posted:

Ah, the 'Vicky Pollard' defense.

I'm pretty sure Vicky Pollard would do better than Trump in the debates.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

I wonder if in the next 2-4 years a well-organized third party could make some noise. I'm not saying they'd win anything in 2018 or even 2020, but maybe get to 15-20% nationally to really make people take notice and let people know there's another realistic option out there.

Sure they could. But "well-organized third party" is a unicorn in modern american politics.

In order to gain relevance, they'd need a number of well-funded, well-publicized candidates in 2018, and they'd need to win in those congressional and statewide races. It can't be the senate, because if that's anywhere close they'll be forced to caucus with one party or the other and that'll lose them their independence. They may be able to get a few Governors mansions (Minnesota has the most recent history there and neither party has anyone strong to replace the retiring Mark Dayton... but it's not as if Jesse's victory lead to a Libertarian/Reform Party Moment nationwide), but even then, what's "relevant" in the 2020 presidential election?

If the GOP goes to the hardcore right again, then there'll be room to the center between Hillary and the candidate-but is the GOP going to allow another Trump? Centrism doesn't typically play real well in midterms either (ask the Blue Dogs!) If the GOP establishment takes the reins back, are you going hard right? The super-conservative Third Party field is already crowded and doesn't seem like a great bet for 2018 when you need ideologically consistent victories. Are you attacking Hillary from the left? I'd love to see huge gains from Left-Liberals in 2018, but that goes against everything we've seen electorally for decades.

I think it's more likely you see a well-organized primary movement, and I'd expect it to be GOP. If Business thinks that it has a willing negotiating partner in Clinton, I think you'll see a movement to primary out the Raiders of the Tortilla Coast so that the obstructionism drops off and the economy can get moving again for the first time in a decade.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Literally anybody other than Hillary, and it would have been a possibility.

Yes, Hillary has no chance in a racially diverse state. For instance, look at how crucial whiteness was to her support in the primaries.

She has a legitimate shot to be the first candidate in 5 cycles (possibly longer? I'm struggling to find aggregated exits that stretch back that far) to win a majority with both white women and non-white voters. Clearly, her candidacy is costing the Democrats a chance to turn Texas blue.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

"I can't endorse this groping."
-A noted groper

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

fishmech posted:

Well they're busy ranting about Jewish speeches now:

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/784564871883087872

She's not wrong

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Has anyone made the joke that Trump's tiny hands couldn't even grab a whole pussy yet?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm going back to my post DNC high prediction of 375 EVs for Hillary. I really think that it can now happen based on this map.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/QxxPy

I think mine was 374 :respek:

My dream is for him to get <40% of the popular vote.

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

My dad, who is a die hard GOP partisan just told me this morning he wasn't voting for Trump (he's not voting Clinton either).

In Texas :unsmigghh:

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Bushiz posted:

Pence's career was over with the Indiana RFRA, being trump's VP was him playing penny stocks with the severance package.
I really doubt Pence's career was over he could easily be billed as the guy intending to set the outsider-turned-president straight. I think he's running in 2020 and has a good shot to be nominated.

Plus look at all the poo poo Trump has done which never harmed him. He really had to go the extra mile and be insanely horrible for the media and voters to turn on him. Pence is angelic in comparison to the average Republican voter.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Have Some Flowers! posted:

I think even if Texas somehow went blue this time, it would be written off as the Trump anomaly.

When the GOP throws a milquetoast Romney/Kasich type white guy at us in 2020, the white women will flood back their way.

Even though Pence wants 2020, I think he will be irreparably damaged by association from this.

I'm not sure a milquetoast "moderate" business conservative type could make it through the primaries in the modern GOP. After Trump, the Republican electorate isn't going to be satisfied with someone who doesn't tell them that being racist is okay. Not until the olds die off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

faxlore posted:

My dad, who is a die hard GOP partisan just told me this morning he wasn't voting for Trump (he's not voting Clinton either).

In Texas :unsmigghh:

I suspect this may be the biggest impact. Not Trump voters going Clinton but Trump voters not just voting which is frankly worse for the GOP.

• Locked thread