Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think we should all take a moment to remember what is really important:

Ted Cruz endorsed Donald Trump, the man who insulted his wife, earlier this month and has been calling people in his favor.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

It wasn't the belt buckle that stopped Ben Carson's knife, it was Trump's hand that was already on his friend's junk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQPmEq30WtE

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Ted Cruz endorsed Donald Trump, the man who insulted his wife, earlier this month and has been calling people in his favor.

https://twitter.com/albz/status/784506945726091264

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Ringo Star Get posted:

I'm going with nonplussed as in "we don't give a poo poo what he did to women, he's making America great again and we are still voting for him."

Which doesn't surprise me. There's a lot of white racist people that want Trump to be president because of all the stuff he will do for white people. He said he could shoot someone in broad daylight and get away with it. He could not pay taxes for 20 years. It doesn't matter. He is going to keep white hierarchy strong with Men at the top, then 20 steps down, women, then at the dirt bottom, minorities.

He will still get 40% of the vote because there are a lot of terrible people that believe the things he says. They didn't like having a black president, and like hell a liberal woman is going to be the next president.

It's honestly terrible. My Facebook feed reveals more and more people that I am friends with that they care more about themselves than others, and are happy to elect this shitstain of a human being because it will benefit them and only them.

There can be a video of Trump crushing a kitten with the heel of his shoe, and nothing will change. This is what the last 8 years of hatred have built up to - a crazy Republican presidential nominee that is a high concentration of all the worst things of Republican voters: racist, misogynistic, greedy, and straight up living in an insane reality that doesn't exist.

There will be riots if Hillary wins. There will be more psychos. Either the GOP somehow rebuilds itself to something respectable after this, or a new party emerges with Trump at the lead, and makes active attempts at presidential runs because he can nab at least 30% of the nation.

The southern strategy has gained sentience.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

ImpAtom posted:

If he'd held out two weeks he could've looked like a loving hero - the stalwart, principled Republican who smelled a turd and wouldn't budge. His reprehensible personal views would be a non-issue.

Instead he's a glassy-eyed zombie cold calling voters on behalf of a sexual predator.

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Have no fear, the Captain is here!
Murkowski and Fischer have just withdrawn their endorsements as well.

They're gonna try to force him out but dumping him all at once. Gonna get real ugly if he clings on.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Tagichatn posted:

Wth is a fervence.

Let's break it down and think about the root word. Can you think of any other words you know that sound similar, or have the same beginning?

Come on, you can do it, I believe in you :shobon:

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Captain Stalin posted:

They're gonna try to force him out but dumping him all at once. Gonna get real ugly if he clings on.

Can they actually do anything to remove him from the ticket?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Captain Stalin posted:

And I'm gonna have put down a towel if this keeps going. :getin:

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Who will give me odds on whether or not ted cruz is going to kill himself before inauguration.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Captain Stalin posted:

Please let it get real ugly.

The best part of course is the people who haven't pulled their endorsements yet. Ryan, McConnell, McCain, Rubio etc

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Who's last on the boat?

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Captain Stalin posted:

Prepare for it to get real ugly then. Even if booting him was logistically viable, a narcissist like Trump does not admit defeat under any circumstances. He would go full on nuclear against the GOP if they tried to oust him.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
https://mobile.twitter.com/thejoshpatten/status/784607289957310468

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PT6A posted:

I know that's probably a common factor, but my relatives all have fairly healthy and progressive attitudes toward women. Maybe deep down they're sexists and pissed off that they can't treat their wives like property, I honestly don't know.

It's because the right wing witch hunt against her has solidified base level assumptions about her in even the most liberal of minds who don't examine their preconceptions. There are issues with Hillary from the left, but regardless of your politics spending the last 30 or so years in America would leave you with the impression that she is bad on a base, lizard brain, level. Simply from the repeated attacks and scandals that have been national news for decades.

Captain Stalin posted:

poo poo man, I wonder if Trump gets creamed tomorrow if he'll actually quit.

This loving election.

Trump won't quit. There is no upside to quitting at this point. He's all in and winning in his delusional mind.

The only way for the GOP to get him to quit is to somehow convince him that quitting right now makes him a winner. It's the same thing as his bankruptcies, he's convinced himself that they were wins because he used his business judo black belt to turn a bad situation into a success.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Bushiz posted:

Who will give me odds on whether or not ted cruz is going to kill himself before inauguration.

Not. Being dead would mean he can't be the President ever, which is the thing he knows in his heart he should and must be -- his purpose on this earth itself -- so he will not kill himself.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gyges posted:

The only way for the GOP to get him to quit is to somehow convince him that quitting right now makes him a winner. It's the same thing as his bankruptcies, he's convinced himself that they were wins because he used his business judo black belt to turn a bad situation into a success.

I think if he can be convinced his brand is being damaged and that he can quit by putting the blame on the GOP and not himself he would.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Keep on weighing. The stain will never come off, you disgusting turd.

edit:

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/784816866170638336?lang=de

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Bip Roberts posted:

Is there a breakdown on why her support looks bimodal for majority minority districts?

It's a really assy WaPo graph by county that they don't go into a ton of detail on. There's a better designed, less noisy one out there that helps and also involves population size but I can't track it down atm.

My assumption would be some Alaskan and Hawaii counties, and possibly some noise from the Territory caucuses? Plausibly some small college town counties?

We could ask Nate Silver, but I'm not sure his Excel Macro Ratsnests will provide any meaningful answers.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Does anyone have one of those dream machines? I need to go do some inception inside Trump's brain and have him retaliate by having him order his voters to not vote down ticket for anybody who refuses to endorse him.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pakled posted:

This is in line with the polls of those states, yeah. Georgia's demographically shifting towards purple, Indiana... isn't. Not as much, anyway.

Indiana is not polled often because it's a pain in the rear end to do it.

If Arizona of all places is a swing state with the current national numbers then Indiana is already blue. Barely blue, but still there, especially with how much people hate Pence. The maps that show Indiana staying red as traditionally Republican states go blue are pretty silly - Indiana voted for 2008 Obama and that might actually be less of a wave than this one.

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 8, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bushiz posted:

http://www.270towin.com/index.php#.UFN6GRiRh7h

Turn texas blue and then draw a map where the republicans win

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Rabble posted:

All they can do is try to make him drop out

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Can't believe the Texas Independence and Also Eating Babies candidate won the Democratic nomination. loving 2020.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Bushiz posted:

0%.

Ted Cruz does not understand your human emotions such as Shame or Embarrassment. He knows only Hate, Spite, and Ambition.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I live in a critical swing state, and my grandparents just sent an email to the whole family that they are no longer intending to vote for Trump. My grandparents are rich and racist as gently caress, but they're sexist in that very Southern Baptist "Women's sanctity must be protected at all costs by her father and husband!" way, and this debacle has finally convinced them they can't support Trump. :getin:

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

:getin:

Or more accurately :frogout: of politics you primped-up intellectually bankrupt scarecrow-looking fucker

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Gyges posted:

0%.

Ted Cruz does not understand your human emotions such as Shame or Embarrassment. He knows only Hate, Spite, and Ambition.

You forgot grease and slimy.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

And thus someone learned an important lesson about research.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ringo Star Get posted:

There will be riots if Hillary wins. There will be more psychos. Either the GOP somehow rebuilds itself to something respectable after this, or a new party emerges with Trump at the lead, and makes active attempts at presidential runs because he can nab at least 30% of the nation.

Lol loving riots. Any other terrible predictions?

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Oct 8, 2016

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

0%.

counterpoint: He's learned

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jack's Flow posted:

Keep on weighing. The stain will never come off, you disgusting turd.

edit:

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/784816866170638336?lang=de

Well, this is a crowd that was initially showing up for the Trump appearance, right?

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Rabble posted:

short of hiring a hitman, no

Night10194 posted:

Well, this is a crowd that was initially showing up for the Trump appearance, right?

some msnbc guy was interviewing people and one lady said they're there to heckle ryan

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/jonlovett/status/784808938608824320

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Woof, this is just dizzying from the GOP GOP.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bushiz posted:

counterpoint: He's learned

You know, I really should get tired of that picture but I don't.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Any other terrible predictions?

I dunno, Trump having a 30% ceiling is fairly appetizing to me. vOv

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

short of hiring a hitman, no

some msnbc guy was interviewing people and one lady said they're there to heckle ryan

If you told me Paul Ryan was talking to hitmen I would A) be unsurprise and B) be fairly sympathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Night10194 posted:

Is he using that in the informal 'Not concerned' fashion or the formal 'So surprised they have no idea how to react' one?

The former.

https://twitter.com/jessieopie/status/784810212230369283

*does the Italian chef kissing his fingers thing for the tenth time today*

• Locked thread