Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Just a reminder that, during the town hall debate, both parties will be able to get up, move around and interact with each other and the questioners in a bodily, physical way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Just something to think about.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
My Florida mom just told me she can't vote for trump based on that video. The only time she has ever not voted republican.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Cruz backstabbing Trump at the convention just so he could sell out to Trump right before the Trump campaign died is just so dumb. I love it.

Cruz is absolutely evil and dumb as gently caress.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

... isn't Carson a big Trump supporter?
And Todd Starnes is a man transplanted from an earlier time who probably thinks that the 1950's were too liberal. If he is willing to say there's more revelations coming then hoo boy.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Phone posted:

I dunno, Trump having a 30% ceiling is fairly appetizing to me. vOv

Yeah I was being harsh. But there will not be riots. There will be a Y'all Queda or two and a bunch of unbelievably incompetent domestic terror cells getting busted by the ATF.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

ImpAtom posted:

You know, I really should get tired of that picture but I don't.

The best part about this is not just Trump's failure, but that he's taking the whole reprehensible 2016 GOP Primary crew down with him.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean, I get actual Trump rally attendee types being unbothered by this. They're unbothered by anything because they lust only for the Orange One.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/LizzyNY/status/784750422208679936

Ryan is trying to get out Obama is ruining Obamacare/Iran Deal today.

Not one loving reply is about it.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 8, 2016

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

All they can do is try to make him drop out

Even then they can't actually remove his name from the ballot. They can gather all the electors up to publicly announce they will vote Pence in the electoral college and/or promise that Trump will resign after inauguration, but on election day when the voters go into the booth the ballot is still going to have Trump's name on it.

Thats too confusing. They can't pull it off even if Trump and the electors all cooperated.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Minimalist Program posted:

Just a reminder that, during the town hall debate, both parties will be able to get up, move around and interact with each other and the questioners in a bodily, physical way.

Yeah this is where Hillary was going to kill Trump even before the series of linguistic kill-shots from the last 48 hours. Bill owned the town hall in '92 through body language and empathy, presenting such a dramatic contrast to the stiff and stuffy H.W. Bush

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

sean10mm posted:

Cruz backstabbing Trump at the convention just so he could sell out to Trump right before the Trump campaign died is just so dumb. I love it.

Cruz is absolutely evil and dumb as gently caress.
Ted is a mess. Ted is a waste.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

I don't think Trump dropping out is that out of the question. It's about the last thing that he can do on his terms. The focus would definitely be the emotional distress thats been caused to him and his family, he will blame Hillary for being a mean attack slinging political insider, he'll blame the republican establishment for failing him, he'll establish a new enemies list. And finally declare himself the winner anyways but too above it all to continue the torment.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
It's sad that there is such a high percentage of Americans that won't be swayed by this.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Captain Stalin posted:

Murkowski and Fischer have just withdrawn their endorsements as well.

They're gonna try to force him out but dumping him all at once. Gonna get real ugly if he clings on.

They're confused about it because on some level, they assume that Donald Trump cares about the republican party. If Trump was presented with a button that, when pressed, gave the democrats supermajorities in the house and the senate for ten generations and filled every SCOTUS vacancy with a 23 year old black trans lesbian but made him president for a single term, he would be hammering it as hard as he could.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Northjayhawk posted:

Even then they can't actually remove his name from the ballot. They can gather all the electors up to publicly announce they will vote Pence in the electoral college and/or promise that Trump will resign after inauguration, but on election day when the voters go into the booth the ballot is still going to have Trump's name on it.

Thats too confusing. They can't pull it off even if Trump and the electors all cooperated.

Bolded is not necessarily even legal. Many states have laws on the books binding electors to vote for the name that appeared on the ballot. Not all, certainly, but enough that any defectors to vote Pence for president would be unable to gain a majority, period.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Jazerus posted:

Yeah this is where Hillary was going to kill Trump even before the series of linguistic kill-shots from the last 48 hours. Bill owned the town hall in '92 through body language and empathy, presenting such a dramatic contrast to the stiff and stuffy H.W. Bush

Also there is like a 95% chance Trump is going to do something wildly inappropriate either towards a questioner or towards Clinton.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah I was being harsh. But there will not be riots. There will be a Y'all Queda or two and a bunch of unbelievably incompetent domestic terror cells getting busted by the ATF.

my main concern right now is that trump is stringing along people with legitimate mental illness and severe depression and setting them up to be emotionally devastated a month from now by convincing them that if Clinton wins there is no hope in life.
it's great that Trump is falling apart but he's already caused irreparable harm in many ways and is bringing down common american people with him.

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 8, 2016

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

If you told me Paul Ryan was talking to hitmen I would A) be unsurprise and B) be fairly sympathetic.

If I were Donald Trump I would be buying a Geiger counter right about now.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

The GOP can denounce Trump all they want, it just pushes his supporters further away from them. Expect to see candidates vying for Trump's endorsement in the Republican primaries leading up to 2018.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Apparently all of Pence's upcoming speaking announcements have been removed from the Trump website?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

... isn't Carson a big Trump supporter?
:cry: Donald grabbed my pussy in an elevator and said no one would ever believe me.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Night10194 posted:

I mean, I get actual Trump rally attendee types being unbothered by this. They're unbothered by anything because they lust only for the Orange One.

These people make up 20-25% of the electorate.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think at this point a GOP civil war is now inevitable. If (when) he loses, the Trumpenstaffel can blame this incident and ignore everything else. If he somehow wins, he will take revenge.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

@gabrielsherman posted:

According to source, Roger Stone has been advising Trump to play rape card with Bill Clinton. Last night's "apology" video suggests he may

If he actually does this at the debate, I might just die of some kind of emotional reaction. Laughter? Horror? I have no idea.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Donald Trump is going to go beet red and get in Hillary's face, screaming at her, while making that weird thumb/index finger circle wavy motion with his right hand at which point Anderson Cooper is going to have to ask him to back down.

Alternative: Donald Trump will shove Hillary Clinton and be tackled by her secret service unit which well then get into fisticuffs with trumps secret service unit.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

happyhippy posted:

https://twitter.com/LizzyNY/status/784750422208679936

Ryan is trying to get out Obama is ruining Obamacare/Iran Deal today.

Not one loving reply is about it.

Literally 2,000 women*

*citation needed

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
If Trump throws a punch Clinton's way, what happens? Her SS crew will come to protect her, what will Trump's SS crew do? They'd try to protect Trump from Clinton's crew?

efb

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Literally 2,000 women*

*citation needed

To be honest if Bill Clinton somehow managed to rape 2000 women I would not want to piss him off because he is clearly a Terminator specifically designed to rape.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Minimalist Program posted:

Donald Trump is going to go beet red and get in Hillary's face, screaming at her, while making that weird thumb/index finger circle wavy motion with his right hand at which point Anderson Cooper is going to have to ask him to back down.

Alternative: Donald Trump will shove Hillary Clinton and be tackled by her secret service unit which well then get into fisticuffs with trumps secret service unit.

I actually wonder what the Secret Service protocol is for that situation.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

Pakled posted:

I actually wonder what the Secret Service protocol is for that situation.

Trump's SS guys must spend so much time drilling for the weirdest loving scenarios

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Zanzibar Ham posted:

If Trump throws a punch Clinton's way, what happens? Her SS crew will come to protect her, what will Trump's SS crew do? They'd try to protect Trump from Clinton's crew?

I think probably they will drag him off stage and we won't get to see any of it because the delayed feed will be cut way before the punch even connects.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/MaryAnnAhernNBC/status/784828536880115712

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Quorum posted:

Bolded is not necessarily even legal. Many states have laws on the books binding electors to vote for the name that appeared on the ballot. Not all, certainly, but enough that any defectors to vote Pence for president would be unable to gain a majority, period.

Its going to be a while before its actually tested, but those laws to compel electors to vote a certain way are very likely unconstitutional.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

It's sad that there is such a high percentage of Americans that won't be swayed by this.

It's sad that there are at least 20 states that are simply red. Just straight up off the table no matter what going to vote for the (R). Trump could do literally anything and 20 states still vote for him.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Augus posted:

my main concern right now is that trump is stringing along people with legitimate mental illness and severe depression and setting them up to be emotionally devastated a month from now by convincing them that if Clinton wins there is no hope in life.
it's great that Trump is falling apart but he's already caused irreparable harm in many ways and is bringing down common american people with him.

I need to open up a brokerage account and buy some Smith & Wesson stock.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
good lord you doofuses trump's not gonna throw a punch at clinton

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Literally 2,000 women*

*citation needed

Over 2,000. It could be 10,000 for all we know.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Wait, what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Their first priority would be the safety of their charges so they'd dive in and rush Hillary and Donald off the stage and then the remainder of both sides would probably stand off looking at each other really confused.

• Locked thread