Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Isn't that just the saddest thing?
No. The man found something to keep his mind occupied instead of just coming back and again to his heartbreak. Eventually he won't need it. You dingus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

believe me there's no shortage of tentacle faces to purge

the last two i don't mind and would probably spare but the first one's got this big pulsing vein that wraps around his head and he's got to go

i just absorbed these mushrooms into the empire, who i think had been uplifted and then rebelled against their uplifters

i want to add these monkeys but they're on the other side of the galaxy and they only have a few planets left and i'm afraid they're going get conquered soon :(. i promised to defend them but we'll see what happens

these guys are up next for purging but their empire is actually pretty big and the vassal/protectorate/defense pact situation up north is getting crazy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Don't talk bad about that last guy, you are always within his earshot

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The soundtrack alone makes me want to buy Mafia 3 (Lightnin' Hopkins?!) but I think I'll wait since we've bought so many games lately.

I'm currently trying real hard to get to the actual game in DQ7

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

The soundtrack alone makes me want to buy Mafia 3 (Lightnin' Hopkins?!) but I think I'll wait since we've bought so many games lately.

Did you see the mafia 3 video a few posts back? it looks like kind of a mess

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Help Im Alive posted:

Did you see the mafia 3 video a few posts back? it looks like kind of a mess

Mafia 3's bugs are the fun kind, not the bad kind. Also presumably you don't encounter that stuff every second you are playing because that video has footage from all over the game.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

CrowbCat is wonderful. I went almost a decade without using YouTube's subscribe function (mostly out of spite) but he finally made me break. That and the GBS RLM thread being too much of a garbage pit to even bother using it to see when their new videos got posted.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I've only encountered one bug on Mafia 3 and it was at the beginning. The italian guy was flipping a coin while waiting for me and when I caught up to him he dropped the coin and I thought, "man that coin on the floor is pretty detailed", then it started sliding around on the floor as it followed his model while he walked.

Speaking of buggy games, Steep is not as broken as you'd expect for an ubisoft product. It controls pretty well and restarting runs is nice and snappy. My only complaint is the lack of control while you're ragdolling, they're missing out a potentially great side activity.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

precision posted:

Mafia 3 was at the Redbox, I was tempted. Maybe I will just get it when they sell it off, and that Deus Ex game too

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CJacobs posted:

From the glitch thread in PYF:

:stonk:

Ha wow, that's thread is amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQ_ZozZIio

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oddium posted:

believe me there's no shortage of tentacle faces to purge

This guy looks like he has a parasite controlling him, that's amazing

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Please don't wipe out the Yeerks, they're pretty harmless

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

goferchan posted:

Thank you ... this made my morning

It's what I'm here for, presumably.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

Please don't wipe out the Yeerks, they're pretty harmless

Sorry, I already launched them all into space. They earned.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgMH17GNOx4

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i think 5-2 is the earliest i've ever hit level 9 with yv

and then i went on to loop twice

yung venuz rules

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I have Nuclear Throne, but I tried it a grand total of once and had no idea what was happening.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

oddium posted:

i think 5-2 is the earliest i've ever hit level 9 with yv

and then i went on to loop twice

yung venuz rules

I made it to the throne for the first time today and I was playing YV. Then the laser got me ...... wasn't expecting that

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oddium posted:

yung venuz rules

POP

POP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

I have Nuclear Throne, but I tried it a grand total of once and had no idea what was happening.

This was me at one time but then I tried getting into it again and I love it now

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

lmao immediately to the 30 fps poo poo

edit: is it possible to sound more condescending than this man

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Spent a lot of time today reading up on the latest political disasters and while I'm happy that Trump's campaign is utterly sunk, I need to stop paying attention to politics or I'll spend my evening being disgusted with everything.

Which is to say, I thought about it and I finally went in on Stardew Valley. Thanks for the posts, guys! Gonna raise some crops and get away from this reality for a while. :)

e: Shoot, what do I name my farm? Naming indecision, my worst enemy! :argh:

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 9, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If I can't think of anything I always go with the good ol standby of Nothing But The

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Moo Moo Farm

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I went with the boring choice of Idyl farm - and, well, an idyllic rustic farm sounds like a nice place to visit right about now.

(I'm also a blue alien but I'm sure the locals can handle that!)

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Green Acres Zone.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Initial impressions: uh oh, this is exactly like SNES Harvest Moon which absorbed me for ages back in the day, only it has way more personality. I've also put hours into Animal Crossing, too, and uh oh. I'll have to fill up that museum as soon as I can!

But I have some questions: is there anything missable? I'd hate to not visit someone on a day and miss out on something cool. Also, where/how do you store stuff? I've got a lot of Fiber and Rocks that I'd like to stop clogging my inventory, but...it's a resource, not trash. What's safe to dump until I get more space?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No, you can't miss anything. The game has an ending, technically speaking, but after said ending it just continues on forever until you want to stop. There aren't any missable one-time events or whathaveyou.

To store your stuff, make a chest. You can plop it pretty much anywhere (including outside your farm) and it'll stay right where it is and keep all your stuff, but I prefer making it in my house for easier access.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

CJacobs posted:

No, you can't miss anything. The game has an ending, technically speaking, but after said ending it just continues on forever until you want to stop. There aren't any missable one-time events or whathaveyou.

To store your stuff, make a chest. You can plop it pretty much anywhere (including outside your farm) and it'll stay right where it is and keep all your stuff, but I prefer making it in my house for easier access.

Brilliant. Time was zooming by and I didn't want to realize I'd screwed myself out of something somewhere.

And it takes 50 wood to make one of those...okay, time to pretend I'm playing Terraria for a little while and chop trees. Thanks!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the game has a harvest moon ending where you get graded but spoilers: you can craft a rare item to get another attempt

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The way one time events work is, every townie has an event that queues up at 2 hearts, 4, etc. Said events stick around until you do whatever they require to trigger them, like visiting the beach at night or whatever. Even if you reach the next event's requirement, it won't trigger until you do the rest in order.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if i were going to pick up stardew valley again i think i would get a mod that slows days down

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I usually use a mod that makes days 1.5x as long, and the game balance is a bit wrecked because I can do farming, fishing, foraging, and the mine all in one day and it's really not built for making huge amounts of progress at once like that. Personally I think it's better to just use a mod that freezes time while you're indoors, which also exists.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Sebastian being one of the hardest people to become friends with because he only leaves his room to get food from the kitchen, smoke outside his mom's house, and maybe once a week play pool at the bar or keyboard with his friend hit way too hard.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if time didn't freeze when you play Journey of the Prairie King i would be on year two with ten potatoes grown and a stranger to everyone in town

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I know I'm only a few days into the game, but so far it hasn't felt like I need a mod to slow things down - things are zooming, but ultimately I've got plenty of days to plant crops and talk to people and so on. (Yes, I am aware that when the seasons roll over your crops die. I'm planning for that!)

Honestly the toughest question now is figuring out who I want to romance, but again there's no rush with that. :D

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

StrixNebulosa posted:

I know I'm only a few days into the game, but so far it hasn't felt like I need a mod to slow things down - things are zooming, but ultimately I've got plenty of days to plant crops and talk to people and so on. (Yes, I am aware that when the seasons roll over your crops die. I'm planning for that!)

Honestly the toughest question now is figuring out who I want to romance, but again there's no rush with that. :D

I'm feel same way. A day in Stardew from sunup to midnight is 13.5 minutes, so a whole season is already over 6 hours of playtime if you're working each day to the fullest. If people would rather have longer days to make the day-to-day stuff less hectic that's cool and it's great that the game supports modding so you can do that but if it was taking 8 or even 10 hours just to get through a season I imagine it would hurt my enjoyment a lot more than occasionally having to leave my cattle grumpy and unfed to have enough time to go mining or to skip out on harvesting my crab pots because I want to run around throwing sashimi at townspeople.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Guy Mann posted:

leave my cattle grumpy and unfed

You son of a bitch.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Green Acres Zone.

the captain america got the reference gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
My favorite Stardew mods are the one that stops time indoors and the one that lets you cycle through your inventory bars without opening the menu

• Locked thread