Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

2spooky4me posted:

I'm still imagining an alternate universe where Joe Biden was the candidate.
It's not as good as this one's turning out to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

She's right, I am a sucker for a well-crafted armoire.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

T. rex doesn't want to be fed it wants to hunt

Hewson: I ask the Prime Minister: if you are so confident about your view of Fightback, why will you not call an early election?
Keating: The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm out of this load of rubbish over a number of months. There will be no easy execution for you.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

2spooky4me posted:

I want to invent wormholes just so I can see Biden destroy Donald Trump tomorrow night.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

2spooky4me posted:

Has a presidential election ever been won by 30%?

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

2spooky4me posted:

While that would certainly have its moments, the fact that the misogynist is hanging himself while in a campaign against the lady poised to become the first female president in US history is too perfect to deny us.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

theflyingorc posted:

...are you insane, this controversy matters a lot

I'm not sure the racism would be any worse than "i rape women"

I'm too cynical about this election, I think it's broken my barometer of what is or isn't sensational enough.

You're probably right though.

Mister E posted:

While that would certainly have its moments, the fact that the misogynist is hanging himself while in a campaign against the lady poised to become the first female president in US history is too perfect to deny us.

Yeah, Clinton is an imperfect candidate who happened to be running at the perfect time against the perfect opponent. I don't know what 2020 holds but you couldn't ask for anything better than this right now.

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 8, 2016

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dr. VooDoo posted:

He literally already did this. There's an interview with him stating if he did enter politics he'd enter as a republican cause they are some of the dumbest voters around and are easily fooled

Not actually true.
http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-people-quote/
Would be hilarious if it was though.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Dr. VooDoo posted:

He literally already did this. There's an interview with him stating if he did enter politics he'd enter as a republican cause they are some of the dumbest voters around and are easily fooled

That's fake

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Deified Data posted:

I'm too cynical about this election, I think it's broken my barometer of what is or isn't sensational enough.

You're probably right though.

I think once we hit the point of McCain and other important GOP officials starting to openly disavow poo poo Has Officially Mattered. They didn't even do that over the Khan flap OR his threat not to endorse them.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Roland Jones posted:

"Randiness" towards his daughter is abusive, though. It might not be intentionally so, but growing up with your father openly lusting after you is not going to do good things for you.

Anyway, for people speculating on what the "worse" oppo dump could be, remember, he didn't just run beauty pageants and whatnot (though we do know he was very "hand on" in those, based on what people there have said). He owned the Miss Teen USA pageants too.

You misunderstood, I don't think he's randy toward his daughter I just think that caring about a female he doesn't want to bang is something he has no experience with so he doesn't know the right decorum or how those expressions of affection differ.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys remember back in 2012, when the 47% tape leaked and we were all, "drat, that dude's a scumbag"

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

You know this also has every network digging through their archives for something bad. Far from wanting to be 'balanced' and keeping the racing going, now the ratings are gonna be for finding a new low.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Well drat that's what I get for not keeping up to speed

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

You guys remember back in 2012, when the 47% tape leaked and we were all, "drat, that dude's a scumbag"
Seems pretty loving tame by Trump standards yet it still cost Mitt Romney his election.

lfield
May 10, 2008
Thought experiment: which democrat could Trump have beaten?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Guy Goodbody posted:

We were all so innocent.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

lfield posted:

John Edwards.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

lfield posted:

Bernie Sanders

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

lfield posted:

Thought experiment: which democrat could Drumpf have beaten?

Rahm Emanuel? No one likes him.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/784887888680923136

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

lfield posted:

Rod Blagojevich

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Most people deplore racism. It's just that to a lot of people as long as you don't say a racial slur you didn't actually make a racist comment or statement. Or if there are no blacks or Mexicans or whoever around, then telling a racist joke isn't actually racism either. Trump dropping an n-bomb or something similar would absolutely resonate as it would be a clear and unequivocal.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Crocobile posted:

You shouldn't have to have a woman you can claim property to to understand someone abusing their power to put people into uncomfortable and gross situations is bad. I understand this is super common for guys, I'm just venting because I hate hearing "well as a husband and father" or "well I have a wife/daughter/sisters" at the beginning of some dipshit's statement.

it's not claim as property, it's someone you're related to and love. it's still a bad thing to say because you should be able to have empathy for people you aren't directly related to.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:

lfield posted:

Rod Blagojevich, maybe? In his present condition?

E: are you serious

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Roland Jones posted:

Anyway, for people speculating on what the "worse" oppo dump could be, remember, he didn't just run beauty pageants and whatnot (though we do know he was very "hand on" in those, based on what people there have said). He owned the Miss Teen USA pageants too.
Well, at least he drew the line at 12 year olds.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

lfield posted:

Bernie Sanders.

Not joking. Would have owned him at the debates, Sanders accent would make his responses really fake sounding imo.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

So who is this woman?

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...

So we're going there, as a nation, tomorrow night

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Guy Goodbody posted:

I remember multiple times in 2012 people wondering how it could ever be topped.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Remember the right's 2008 fantasy of a "whitey tape" with Michelle Obama? Wrong election, wrong party apparently.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pick posted:

You misunderstood, I don't think he's randy toward his daughter I just think that caring about a female he doesn't want to bang is something he has no experience with so he doesn't know the right decorum or how those expressions of affection differ.

Right, but that's still abusive. Those pictures of him with his hands on/near her rear end, him talking about how he'd have sex with her if he could, and so on, all that is bad. It's abusive, even if it's meant to be positive, much the same way a religious person leaving their kid with horrible illnesses rather than getting them medical treatment is abusive, despite their belief that this is what God wants and doing otherwise would drat their child to Hell.

Intent isn't what makes abuse abusive.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Pick posted:

How about just freely discussing his daughter's body and sexuality from a very young age, and allowing her to be called a "piece of rear end"?

I'm thinking that's not a healthy parent-child relationship.

I don't understand people who discount abuse by saying "he never actually touched her" or "he didn't actually commit incest". Can you not understand that words do damage on their own?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

lfield posted:

Elliot Spitzer.

Maybe.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

D1E posted:

How about just freely discussing his daughter's body and sexuality from a very young age, and allowing her to be called a "piece of rear end"?

I'm thinking that's not a healthy parent-child relationship.

I don't understand people who discount abuse by saying "he never actually touched her" or "he didn't actually commit incest". Can you not understand that words do damage on their own?

I think it's extremely bad, it's just different than wanting to rape your daughter,

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Sabotage!

Guys I just got cut off from the bar because I'm laughing too much. This is serious now.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

:allears: This is my favorite part, the beginning of the rout! One organized army, the rest fleeing the field in chaos, every man for himself, and being hacked to pieces from behind by mounted cavalry! :allears:

Apropos of nothing, it occurred to me that the whole mentality of the alt-right is very much like the Droogs from A Clockwork Orange. So that's what I think of them as now.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

BigRed0427 posted:

So who is this woman?

One of Bill's rape accusers

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

So we keep hearing "worse is coming."

Why is it good for there to be worse? Donald was never going to win, and now he's really, really not ever going to win. The republican party probably won't make it out of this intact either. But if it's something really terrible, like domestic abuse of wives/children, that's just going to hurt his victims. If he's hurling insults at his base, that's just going to make it easier for them to move on to the next bigoted demagogue who crops up in 2018. If "worse" is him expressing his racism directly, it's not like that would create a rational, open-minded discussion of racism in the US.

Don't get me wrong, I think Donald Trump is human garbage in every conceivable way. But is there any real positive to more scandal, aside from the warm fuzzy we get when we see an rear end in a top hat get what they deserve? Haven't we already gotten that now?

Basically: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcZzlPGnKdU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

duz posted:

I remember multiple times in 2012 people wondering how it could ever be topped.

Going into 2016 we lamented that Jeb! vs. Hillary wasn't going to be nearly as entertaining as :mitt: and Obama

we were all fools

• Locked thread