Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Hes reaching peak Glenn Beck melt down.
Stage 1: Denial
Stage 2: Denial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Ireallylikeeggs posted:

If A is a real possibility, then gently caress yeah, get new scandals out as often as possible. C is a foregone conclusion; they're just going to have to pick between pro-trump and anti-trump republicans. They're done, full stop. If Trump is the response to your soul searching after Romney, you're finished.

Despite my attempt at a moral high ground, I do have to admit that a disastrous revelation regarding Eric Trump or whatever the other son is named would make my week.

The other one's name is Uday.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Deified Data posted:

Question I've been meaning to ask for a while: when Trumpers pull out the "Hillary defended a rapist and intimidated victims into silence" thing, what incident are they referring to and is it actually documented in any meaningful way outside of a hunch?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juanita_Broaddrick#Allegations_against_Bill_Clinton

Of course this all got brought up during Bill's campaign and presidency, and eventually dropped.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Crazy Ted posted:

:stare: He absolutely would have. He's a little creepy, but as far as I know he's never openly bragged about grabbing women by the crotch because being a Senator makes him a big fuckin deal

There's an endless stream of pictures of him getting hands on and kissy with all sorts of women and children, lots of whom look uncomfortable. Dude isn't the right person to capitalize on this.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

theflyingorc posted:

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-freed-child-rapist-laughed-about-it/

She was assigned to the case, and that's what public defenders do.

No, this wasn't what I had in mind. I've seen people bring it up once or twice but not often. What I'm referring to are the victims of Bill's alleged misdeeds.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

theflyingorc posted:

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-freed-child-rapist-laughed-about-it/

She was assigned to the case, and that's what public defenders do.
Oh, is THAT what Republicans talk about? I thought it was about Hillary undermining someone who her husband may have raped.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Waiting to see if Dollar Store Lex Luthor Pete Ricketts is gonna do any take-backsies on endorsing the Annoying Orange. :allears:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Deified Data posted:

No, this wasn't what I had in mind. I've seen people bring it up once or twice but not often. What I'm referring to are the victims of Bill's alleged misdeeds.

Ah, sorry.

I believe the intimidation part is all rumor?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Deified Data posted:

Question I've been meaning to ask for a while: when Trumpers pull out the "Hillary defended a rapist and intimidated victims into silence" thing, what incident are they referring to and is it actually documented in any meaningful way outside of a hunch?

Based on my very limited knowledge of it, Broaddrick claims she contacted Bill to volunteer in the 1970s. Bill invited her out for coffee, then up to his hotel room to get away from the reporters. Then he raped her out of the blue.

She appeared at fundraisers after the alleged event. Hillary supposedly came up to her at one and thanked her for what she's done, which she interpreted as thanking her for keeping quiet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juanita_Broaddrick#Allegations_against_Bill_Clinton

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

lozzle posted:

The other one's name is Uday.

Someone who can write Trump speech, please write Trump bragging about his son Uday.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh, is THAT what Republicans talk about? I thought it was about Hillary undermining someone who her husband may have raped.

It's both

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

lfield posted:

Thought experiment: which democrat could Trump have beaten?

Anthony Weiner.

Maybe

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I love watching conservatives lash out at Trump supporters

"Red State posted:

In fact, criticizing Hillary for staying married to Bill BECAUSE of his treatment of women, is only inadvertently admitting that this kind of behavior towards women is wrong. So bringing it up to minimize Donald Trump’s behavior is even more ridiculous and short-sighted.

Bill Clinton should not even come up when discussing Donald Trump’s behavior. He’s irrelevant to this conversation. If something is wrong, it is wrong. Period. At least have the courage and moral decency to call it what it is without the excuse that someone else’s spouse is worse.

This is your guy. The guy you picked, despite our warnings. The guy who has a long and well-documented history of degrading others. The guy whose lack of morals was very well known at the beginning of the election cycle. You picked him anyway, and you never hesitated to throw that in the rest of our faces. So don’t you dare have the audacity to bring up Bill Clinton as if he has anything to do with Donald Trump being exactly the person we all said he was.

Again, if the argument is that Hillary Clinton also has a history of mistreating women, then have the conversation. If the argument is that Donald Trump’s actions are wrong, and as despicable as he is, you still find him better suited than his opponent, then have that argument. Disagreements will occur, but at least it's an honest conversation.

But don’t push a false narrative where we’re comparing Donald Trump to Bill Clinton in the race for president. You picked Donald Trump. So own him. And enjoy your Hillary Clinton presidency.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Donald just pinned a pair of Juanita Broddick tweets to the top of his timeline.

He is absolutely going to go there tomorrow night.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/784893600874188800

:cawg:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Crazy Ted posted:

The Donald just pinned a pair of Juanita Broddick tweets to the top of his timeline.

Glad to know that he hasn't learned anything

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Crazy Ted posted:

This'd be the man who criticized officials for publicizing strategies? Christ, this election.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

trump is our new third party

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Crazy Ted posted:

What does he think this will accomplish? How is attacking Hillary for Bill's alleged actions, regardless of whether they're true or not, even in the ball park of relevant or helpful for him? This seems so ill-thought out if you would have asked me at the beginning of the election that this would be the result, I would have laughed in your face.

HarveyxCosmonaut
Jan 27, 2009
I'm thinking the final October surprise is evidence of completely illegal activities. Like video evidence of Trump with underage prostitutes. Depress republican turnout so bad that Hillary and the dems can get anything they want passed for 2 years.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Crazy Ted posted:

May Hillary reign a thousand years.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Thank God. What crazy poo poo will Bat Boy say on TV this time?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Mulva posted:

There's an endless stream of pictures of him getting hands on and kissy with all sorts of women and children, lots of whom look uncomfortable. Dude isn't the right person to capitalize on this.

Yeah. Whether it's comparable or not, the right wing media can just loop those gifs all day and all night until people are sufficiently distracted.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Endorph posted:

Now we know what the T in Tea Party stands for

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Pattonesque posted:

PJ what do you think is gonna happen to Trump psychologically if he loses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4iNOguCNFQ

Think "Vegeta forced to admit Kakarot is stronger" levels of blind rage.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784888161629573120

Wrap it up, Clintonailures

Wrap

It

Up

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Even if the GOP manages to walk all the right lines and re-right the ship despite Trump sinking them, they'll be stuck doing it without the lovely racist core that propelled him to the nomination. We really are gonna get a party split after this.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

GetWellGamers posted:

Dropping an N-bomb on the first lady/POTUS.... Yeah, I can see even among the Freep crowd people flinching at that one.

Barack would drone strikes his rear end if that happened.

However a racist tirade directed at Mr. Kenyan Muslim Pretender President is highly likely after the infamous White House Correspondents Diner.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

D1E posted:

I don't think you get it.

He's on tape admitting to sexual assault.

This needs to be stressed. The outrage isn't because he's joking about sexual assault. The outrage is because he's on tape admitting to sexually assaulting women. Again, for the people not catching it: And a man running for President is on tape admitting to major criminal acts.

2spooky4me posted:

I'm still imagining an alternate universe where Joe Biden was the candidate.

I prefer the reality where Clinton won in 2008 and Obama's running in 2016. Imagine the landslide Candidate Obama would've had against Trump right now. He'd have to be up 10+ points.

BigRed0427 posted:

Dear Members of the Press: It's 2016 and Arnold is a former governor. PLEASE STOP MAKING TERMINATOR REFERENCES EVERY TIME HE SHOWS UP!

He's known worldwide for one of those things and it's not his governorship. :ssh:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

I'm legit curious - what could he be watching that makes him say that?

Except the drops of lsd falling into his mouth.
That's how you do lsd, right? I'm not hip at all.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

How deep does this rabbit hole go?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Gyges posted:

Barack would drone strikes his rear end if that happened.

However a racist tirade directed at Mr. Kenyan Muslim Pretender President is highly likely after the infamous White House Correspondents Diner.

No he wouldn't. He would laugh behind the scenes and then Publically eviscerate him and the GOP in a statement and interviews.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That's because everyone popped by after somebody said "Look at this retard!"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
And the GOP outrage is only because he's losing badly.

HarveyxCosmonaut
Jan 27, 2009

Zophar posted:

Even if the GOP manages to walk all the right lines and re-right the ship despite Trump sinking them, they'll be stuck doing it without the lovely racist core that propelled him to the nomination. We really are gonna get a party split after this.

I doubt it. Too many congresspeople, senators, and governors need the whole republican base. While the base screams about RINOs I'd suspect most support their actual representative. I'd put money on Republican superdelegates in the next presidential primary. I look forward to 2020 when their base nominates a dog with Hitler's brain in it.

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32F3bXlDZuU

All Aboard the Trump Express

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

Dear Members of the Press: It's 2016 and Arnold is a former governor. PLEASE STOP MAKING TERMINATOR REFERENCES EVERY TIME HE SHOWS UP!
He'd do loads to rehabilitate his career in my eyes if he showed up in front of the press in costume and called out Trump in a slightly better choreographed version of Iron Sheik calling out Rob Ford.

Academician Nomad
Jan 29, 2016
My dream "What's worse to come?" : Bashing uneducated white men as a bunch of suckers and rubes, on tape.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

Endorph posted:

Deplorable Party? Makes it hard to figure out what letter to put after their names but they've never really been about accommodating the press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

HarveyxCosmonaut posted:

I doubt it. Too many congresspeople, senators, and governors need the whole republican base. While the base screams about RINOs I'd suspect most support their actual representative. a I'd put money on Republican superdelegates in the next presidential primary. I look forward to 2020 when their base nominates a dog with Hitler's brain in it.

That's the only other scenario, by my measure: to learn nothing and roll the dice on yet another authoritarian shitheel in 4 years, because Trumpism is fused to the party like one of those mind-controlling wasps.

• Locked thread