Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Brockenstein posted:

True, Belichick doesn't have a track record of trading off good players for picks before they can hit FA

He usually gets rid of players a year early or right on time.

Woodhead and Talib being the exceptions I can remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Welker?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Seymour had several productive years left after his trade too

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Welker had an amazing year and then fell off a cliff, right? Same with Wilfork? Moss disappeared immediately.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wilfork was actually very disappointing his first year in Houston but so far has been excellent this year

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The only disappointing thing about Wilfork is that he doesn't have a cooking show yet.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

JPrime posted:

He was the one that had his leg broken in the preseason against the Chargers a year or 2 back. Great first round pick AZ :downsgun:

Jones has a sack in every game, right?

2309TH DIMENSIONAL CHESS

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Patriots: 3-1 without Brady
Cardinals: lost to the Rams

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

warcrimes posted:

Jones has a sack in every game, right?

2309TH DIMENSIONAL CHESS

They have too many people to extend next year. I think Butler, Hightower, Collins, and Logan Ryan are all coming up for contracts.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Brockenstein posted:

Patriots: 3-1 without Brady
Cardinals: lost to the Rams

Patriots about to go 0-1 with Brady.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Losing to the Browns would certainly be a much larger indictment than losing to the Rams

However it better not happen because I'm using the Pats in eliminator this week :mad:

That would be quite the bloodbath though

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Zero chance the pats lose two games in a row.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You mean like they did last year?

Browns are much better than their record. Certainly better than at least a half dozen other teams.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Brockenstein posted:

Seymour was still a very good pass rusher with the Raiders. IIRC he wrecked Nick Hardwick pretty bad in the 2009 season opener, and he had a couple good years overall after that.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

They have too many people to extend next year. I think Butler, Hightower, Collins, and Logan Ryan are all coming up for contracts.

I'll reply with the same thing I said when this went down-

Edge rusher is the second most important position in the game.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Brockenstein posted:

yeah, but he had a contract negotiation coming up and the raiders were offering the moon. they would've been fools not to accept that trade.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Wasn't Seymour's relationship with Belichick kind of poor before he was traded? I know he got traded to the Raiders like, four days before MNF and he was loving livid about it, but I forget if things were breaking down before then.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

hifi posted:

all of those linemen sucked in that draft.
Big hit to goon theory. How the gently caress do 2 top 10 guards get drafted and they're both terrible?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I don't know why you felt the need to throw Logan Ryan in there.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Big hit to goon theory. How the gently caress do 2 top 10 guards get drafted and they're both terrible?

I don't know why you felt the need to throw Logan Ryan in there.

He's from Rutgers. He's staying.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
So long as we keep Collins, I'm down only taking those other guys for the right price.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Butler and Ryan have had fairly similar coverage stats overall. Teams are completing a ton of stuff on Logan Ryan right now, but it's mostly short underneath poo poo at least.

Collins I'm almost certain will get a huge contract, and I think Hightower is more likely then not to stay. Butler is gonna get paid for that Superbowl interception, but of the three, I think he's the least likely to be by the Patriots.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also yeah, the Patriots have had a bunch of aging players leave for various reasons that have been really good players.

For the most part, because they've been a really good team for forever and you can't pay everybody.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Everyone on the Lions is still injured and I just hope Jim Schwartz doesn't get carried off the field again.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Shangri-Law School posted:

Everyone on the Lions is still injured and I just hope Jim Schwartz doesn't get carried off the field again.

He will, also I'm watching the game with a bunch of Eagles fans tomorrow. I may just stay home.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Patriots have had the best linebackers in a decade

I'm mad they're not out there pretending Spikes and that lovely centaur man are any good

They brought out a stud from Tennessee named Mayo and since then it's never stopped. Mayo, Hightower, Collins

STOP

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I've been watching the NFL for about 15 years - shorter than most here, but still - and I can't remember the Pats ever really having lovely LBs at basically any point.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Amy Pole Her posted:

Patriots have had the best linebackers in a decade

I'm mad they're not out there pretending Spikes and that lovely centaur man are any good

They brought out a stud from Tennessee named Mayo and since then it's never stopped. Mayo, Hightower, Collins

STOP

I was sad when the Browns let Sheard walk over to the Pats.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Rams cut Coty Sensabaugh, that didn't take long.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
No LSU today, I can't bear to watch Tulane right now, and no Saints tomorrow. Someone give me a good foob all game I can kill some time with on Sunday, please. fiimotspmbf

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

No LSU today, I can't bear to watch Tulane right now, and no Saints tomorrow. Someone give me a good foob all game I can kill some time with on Sunday, please. fiimotspmbf

Watch Denver smoke Atlanta!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

Falcons @ Broncos should be a decent case of shadenfreude.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A.o.D. posted:

Hmmm. I assign you...Titans at Dolphins.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

spankweasel posted:

Watch Denver smoke Atlanta!

I just made this joke, but I feel the need to be all like "Nah, son, that ain't how it's gonna go down"

Grittybeard posted:

Hmmm. I assign you...Titans at Dolphins.

Harsh but fair.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah, the Falcons Broncos game should be great football. A smothering defense vs a top offense. We know how this plays out. :getin:

Edit
Raiders Chargers might be fun

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, the Falcons Broncos game should be great football. A smothering defense vs a top offense. We know how this plays out. :getin:

Edit
Raiders Chargers might be fun

But I just watched the chargers give away a game to a bad team last week. Fiimotspmbf

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A.o.D. posted:

Fiimotspmbf

This is slightly less annoying but come on. We know.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Speaking of Falcons/Broncos, Siemian has officially been ruled out.

Get ready for the Paxton Experience :getin:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

A.o.D. posted:

Fiimotspmbf
Did you lose a Toxx or something?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

A.o.D. posted:

But I just watched the chargers give away a game to a bad team last week.

Wake up, Phil, it's Groundhog Day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams cut Coty Sensabaugh, that didn't take long.

He shouldn't have been signed

• Locked thread