Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Hazdoc posted:

UHH RUDE?

Poi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
I absolutely hate the Yorck and I hate when wargaming does this poo poo in their games. Let's make a ship/tank that plays opposite of every other ship/tank in the line! And we'll throw it in tier 7.

I mean, it might even be a fine ship, but if I wanted to play HE spamming cruisers with terrible shell velocity and super high arcs, I wouldn't be grinding German cruisers.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

ZombieLenin posted:

I absolutely hate the Yorck and I hate when wargaming does this poo poo in their games. Let's make a ship/tank that plays opposite of every other ship/tank in the line! And we'll throw it in tier 7.

I mean, it might even be a fine ship, but if I wanted to play HE spamming cruisers with terrible shell velocity and super high arcs, I wouldn't be grinding German cruisers.

Yeah it's a solid ship, but you go from spamming good AP all the time in the konig and nurenburg to AP that's almost useless past 10km. Once you get the hang of it you'll probably like it.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

El Disco posted:

Yeah it's a solid ship, but you go from spamming good AP all the time in the konig and nurenburg to AP that's almost useless past 10km. Once you get the hang of it you'll probably like it.

I've got a crew trained for German cruisers based on ships from tier 1 through 6 and 8 through 10. So now that I'm in the Yorck, I'm left with a sub optimal crew on a ship that really has nothing in common with the ships that lead up to it, and the ships that are after it. Maybe I'm having a bad day or something, but I find the Yorck's existence at this moment really annoying and a reminder of some of the reasons I dislike wargaming from time-to-time.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Poi = Pedophile Online Indicator

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

ZombieLenin posted:

I've got a crew trained for German cruisers based on ships from tier 1 through 6 and 8 through 10. So now that I'm in the Yorck, I'm left with a sub optimal crew on a ship that really has nothing in common with the ships that lead up to it, and the ships that are after it. Maybe I'm having a bad day or something, but I find the Yorck's existence at this moment really annoying and a reminder of some of the reasons I dislike wargaming from time-to-time.

Uh, what skill works on the Nurenberg and Hipper but not on the Yorck? Did you take AFT instead of DE? That's fine, that makes it safer for you to ditch defensive fire in favor of hydro. Or take DF anyway and make it pretty strong against planes.

I'm a bit over halfway to the Roon right now, and honestly if your captain is bad on the Yorck then it's going to be bad on the Hipper.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
Thanks to all those who told me to stick with German Cruisers and get to Tier V. Konigsberg has been super fun to play. Ironically, even though by every metric in the game I am a lot more effective than when I was in the Karlushe, my win % is much lower.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

MikeC posted:

Thanks to all those who told me to stick with German Cruisers and get to Tier V. Konigsberg has been super fun to play. Ironically, even though by every metric in the game I am a lot more effective than when I was in the Karlushe, my win % is much lower.

You're stuck relying on pubbie bbs and whatnot more. I'm at the Kberg and I'm not sure I'll ever move beyond it. Not really in a hurry in current meta.

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!
Well cruisers might be in a bad spot right now, but at least in Tier 5 they can still pull their weight.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

MikeC posted:

The Nurnberg is basically the same ship except you fire like 25% faster. So it will feel very familiar by the time you get to it.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Lakedaimon posted:

The Nurnberg is basically the same ship except you fire like 25% faster. So it will feel very familiar by the time you get to it.

It also has the bonus of obligatorily exploding.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Heartcatch posted:

Chat can be disabled via mods and it was a very popular topic and requested feature on the official forums in 2015 between the people that wanted to ignore Hazdocs and the people who couldn't stand to be criticized for poor play.

Hazdoc posted:

UHH RUDE?

But not wrong.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

I just came back to this game, last time I played was almost exactly a year ago. Are German battleships or Japanese in a better place right now? I haven't played either yet.

So what happened to make cruisers bad now? Does HE spam start fires less often, or did BBs get more accurate or something? Am I just terrible at this game now?? I was always terrible.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Reztes posted:

I just came back to this game, last time I played was almost exactly a year ago. Are German battleships or Japanese in a better place right now? I haven't played either yet.

German ones are. People who like to coast around the edges sniping are still gonna be better off sailing Japanese, but if you want to actually impact the battle and do what a battleship is supposed to be doing, German battleships are better in every regard, at least up to tier 8. They do the same damage, have better secondaries, are just as fast, and are actually able to act as a survivable shot magnet due to much better armour, and their better protected citadels.

On top of that the changes to xp and credits by introducing cuts for spotting favours the Germans (and Americans) as well

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Oct 8, 2016

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

When your team's destroyers are bad but red's destroyers are good

fake edit: epicenter is pubbiesniper hell

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Its almost mid october. Almost...

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

This game sure makes you bitter around the VII-X mark doesn't it? One class of ship ballsing up has much more of a cascade effect at higher levels and everyone blames them while being quite poo poo themselves. Since I play BBs more than anything else, seeing a blob of us sailing into a cluster of islands furthest away from the cap that needs pushing just makes me collapse a little inside.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Idianapolis and arizona both discounted this weekend. Are either worth picking up?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Idianapolis and arizona both discounted this weekend. Are either worth picking up?

Arizona probably if you want a US captain trainer.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The Arizona isn't available in the US store, looks like Europe only. Is it possible for someone in the US to buy it?

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
Weekend Ranked was a mistake.

:suicide:

Edit: There's a seventh loss after these. Three of them didn't cost me a star and another one I was second place on my team.

Magni fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 8, 2016

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIZgFDI2A_0
Indianapolis is one of my favorite ships. If you can sling AP into battleship superstructure, you can do absurd amounts of damage. It's not uncommon to see 5k+ volleys this way.
It also has radar, at tier seven.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

If you like the Pensacola, the Indianapolis is a better Pensacola.
If you like the New Mexico get the Arizona.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Pseudophile posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIZgFDI2A_0
Indianapolis is one of my favorite ships. If you can sling AP into battleship superstructure, you can do absurd amounts of damage. It's not uncommon to see 5k+ volleys this way.
It also has radar, at tier seven.

While that was its selling feature, the atlanta also gained radar.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
Neither the Indianapolis or the Arizona appear to be available on the NA shop.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Magni posted:

Edit: There's a seventh loss after these. Three of them didn't cost me a star and another one I was second place on my team.

Yep, I was rank 13 with 2 stars, so need one win until the next permanent rank then proceeded o lose the next 8 in a row getting dropped all the way back down to 15.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

ZombieLenin posted:

Neither the Indianapolis or the Arizona appear to be available on the NA shop.

I assume this answers my question. So you can't buy ships in the EU store if you're in NA?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ice Fist posted:

I assume this answers my question. So you can't buy ships in the EU store if you're in NA?

Separate stores for separate regions

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
Hello there. I was just wondering what are good modules to put upon a Nagato?I just got it and I am hoping it turns out to be a not poo poo ship. Got Hull B and after the joy of the Fuso's volume of fire, I hope this ship has cool stuff going for it.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Ice Fist posted:

You can, but they'll only be available if you log in to the EU server, which you could do if you wanted.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Magni posted:

I've had a similar experience. What I don't understand is, my stats show I am above average player, why do the weekend cunts make me lose more? Surely it should balance out? Last game I got sank by friendly Kutosov spamming HE at me from 16km.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Welp, this poo poo still works. :thumbsup:

Ranked is cool, New Mexico is a cool ship.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

The Royal Navy looms near....

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Reztes posted:

Welp, this poo poo still works. :thumbsup:

Ranked is cool, New Mexico is a cool ship.

T6 was easy. The Bayern is a bloody monster that can go toe to toe with a New Mex while being faster and having a way stronger secondary battery to mulch up destroyers. It's at Rank 15 that the suffering begins.

Magni fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 9, 2016

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Hey I got a dumb question. Whats the deal with getting a penetrating hit (leftmost red ribbon)while using AP and doing 0 damage? Its not damage saturation because it happens when im hitting ships with 100% hp at the start of matches too.

Also had a weird game today where my first salvo in a Kongo was 2 hits, both overpens, but somehow I had done just over 5000 damage. Did I hit multiple ships bunched up just a bugged ribbon system or something?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Magni posted:

T6 was easy. The Bayern is a bloody mosnter that can go toe to toe with a New Mex while being faster and having a way stronger secondary battery to mulch up destroyers. It's at Rank 15 that the suffering begins.

My favorite T6 Ranked match was in a Bayern. Double-Strike a pair of DDs with guns and secondaries, gun down a Fuso, and then ram a full health New Mex as it rounds an island with guns pointed the wrong way.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Lakedaimon posted:

Hey I got a dumb question. Whats the deal with getting a penetrating hit (leftmost red ribbon)while using AP and doing 0 damage? Its not damage saturation because it happens when im hitting ships with 100% hp at the start of matches too.

Also had a weird game today where my first salvo in a Kongo was 2 hits, both overpens, but somehow I had done just over 5000 damage. Did I hit multiple ships bunched up just a bugged ribbon system or something?

The ribbon system is a little hosed sometimes. A pen to a module will give a penetrating hit, but deal no damage (like, you penned a secondary or something and it eats the damage). On the flip side, you can overpen a torpedo bulge on a plunging shell into the water and for some reason it'll bounce into the ship for a normal pen. Its loving voodoo magicks.

Anyways, Ranked is easy.

The only issue is having enough time to grind the necessary wins to reach 1.

edit:

Guns only 60k damage on the Fubuki in ranked. Because our CV was a loving Lexington shitter who died first and forced our team to carry his awful rear end. And we did, because some pubbies are worse than others.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 9, 2016

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I really think if ranked was T6 all the way it would be much better.

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what

SkySteak posted:

Hello there. I was just wondering what are good modules to put upon a Nagato?I just got it and I am hoping it turns out to be a not poo poo ship. Got Hull B and after the joy of the Fuso's volume of fire, I hope this ship has cool stuff going for it.

Main gun accuracy and rudder shift. It's one of the best ships in this game imo. You won't have problem adjusting to it if you liked fuso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

kaesarsosei posted:

I really think if ranked was T6 all the way it would be much better.

Pretty much this