Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So two things out of NYCC today. Jeph Loeb was asked if we could ever see the Netflix series cross-over with AoS.

Jeph Loeb posted:

It's a fair question. And the fair answer is... Stay tuned.

So no outright denial of the possibility, which is pretty awesome. The other thing?

Clark Gregg cosplaying as Ghost Rider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Inspector 34 posted:

Just finished up season 2. Ward is a loving idiot.

Ward owns.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

So two things out of NYCC today. Jeph Loeb was asked if we could ever see the Netflix series cross-over with AoS.

So no outright denial of the possibility, which is pretty awesome. The other thing?

Clark Gregg cosplaying as Ghost Rider.

The last thing aunt may will see

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17GJ_FEake8
Chloe and Gabe also dressed up as Rocket Raccoon and Star Lord

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

achillesforever6 posted:

That was pretty awesome :D

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

bloodychill posted:

That was pretty awesome :D
I love how no one can tell that its Clark Gregg, guy has a pretty distinctive voice

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

That's adorable :3:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

achillesforever6 posted:

amazing.

achillesforever6 posted:

I love how no one can tell that its Clark Gregg, guy has a pretty distinctive voice

he started out using a terrible NY/NJ accent for most of it. Sounded like a typical youtube host trying to be cool.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

achillesforever6 posted:

Clark and Chloe are an awesome double act.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Vitamin P posted:

Ward owns.

Girlfriend walks off looking like Mei.

Shoots first person he sees who looks like Mei.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ghost Rider would be cooler if his jacket had his name and face on it.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
Now that Ward is truly and finally dead, what are the odds of the season finale being a showdown (or team-up) between a Ward LMD and Ward's ghost?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

achillesforever6 posted:

That's fantastic. Also the guy's Cap costume is great, and I love the dude as the Punk Spider-Man, which proper name escapes me right now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

Ghost Rider would be cooler if his jacket had his name and face on it.

Are you sure about that?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I just saw the S4 advert watching a football game and immediately watched the first two eps because Ghost Rider. I love Ghost Rider

So much better than where I stopped watching S1

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I just saw the S4 advert watching a football game and immediately watched the first two eps because Ghost Rider. I love Ghost Rider

So much better than where I stopped watching S1

In all honesty there's some pretty cool poo poo between season 1 and now, too.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, there's some good stuff you missed... the first half of the first season was pretty slow, but it really improved around episode... 15 or so?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
On the other hand, if you don't have the time and want to stay current, season 4 is a good place to jump in since most of the ongoing storylines from the first three seasons are wrapped up.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

bloodychill posted:

On the other hand, if you don't have the time and want to stay current, season 4 is a good place to jump in since most of the ongoing storylines from the first three seasons are wrapped up.

But that means missing out on Cal having his best day ever, and not getting to see Brett Dalton portray two of the best villains ever on a TV show.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

As someone who very recently blew through all three seasons on Netflix, it definitely does get much, much better than when I stopped watching at episode 5 or 6 of season 1.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

HotCanadianChick posted:

But that means missing out on Cal having his best day ever, and not getting to see Brett Dalton portray two of the best villains ever on a TV show.

Hell, I'll give him 3. Traitor-Ward was cool. Crazy-Ward was awesome. Squid-Ward was amazing.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So we may not have seen the last of Peggy Carter after all...kind of.

quote:

Hayley Atwell is officially returning as fan-favorite Agent Carter. However, this time she will be voicing an animated version.

Marvel Animation announced that they will welcome Marvel’s very own Hayley Atwell back to the beloved role as SSR’s greatest asset as the voice of Agent Carter on Marvel’s Avengers: Secret Wars.

In Atwell's episode, past and present collide as Howard Stark and Peggy Carter team-up with Iron Man and Captain America to stop Kang the Conqueror.

Not what we wanted, but more Hayley Atwell is always welcome.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

achillesforever6 posted:

Clark fanboying over Capt America and then Cap fanboying him right back was beautiful. :3:

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Clark fanboying over Capt America and then Cap fanboying him right back was beautiful. :3:

"Oh yeah, I remember . . . seeing a .. . picture . . . of that."

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The SHIELD cast's unrestrained enthusiasm for their show is always the best.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's called contractual PR obligation

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zzulu posted:

It's called contractual PR obligation

I'd like to see the contract that forced them into doing this stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E30x0KZfBEk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M9KrH9IZ8g

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'd like to see the contract that forced them into doing this stuff:

Disneys lawyers are really draconian. You should see what the movie cast has to put up with.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You make it sound like armed guards in Micky hats are aiming shotguns at them just off frame.

Wait, that's not completely impossible.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Yeah, the cast's enthusiasm for the show and their fellow cast members has definitely passed "contract fulfillment" a while ago. Chloe Bennett has talked in the past about how great it is to be able to be a female Asian superhero, but my favorite story about the cast was that one time Clark Gregg had to miss his daughter's school play because of the SAG Awards, so Chloe and Elizabeth Henstridge went instead to offer support. :3:

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

PunkBoy posted:

Yeah, the cast's enthusiasm for the show and their fellow cast members has definitely passed "contract fulfillment" a while ago. Chloe Bennett has talked in the past about how great it is to be able to be a female Asian superhero, but my favorite story about the cast was that one time Clark Gregg had to miss his daughter's school play because of the SAG Awards, so Chloe and Elizabeth Henstridge went instead to offer support. :3:

Or maybe get some tips

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
They've got a bunch of stuff going on. They seem to genuinely be more of a family than a cast. They enjoy the show they're making and the universe they inhabit. They are a bunch of pretty awesome people.

I like it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Chasiubao posted:

As someone who very recently blew through all three seasons on Netflix, it definitely does get much, much better than when I stopped watching at episode 5 or 6 of season 1.

Season 1 is definitely better when you binge watch. I didn't even mind the early stuff because I just breezed through it so quickly. Like anything discussed on the internet, it's never as bad as people say. It was just kinda mediocre for a while until Winter Soldier, but even then there were some good episodes among the early lot.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

sticklefifer posted:

Season 1 is definitely better when you binge watch. I didn't even mind the early stuff because I just breezed through it so quickly. Like anything discussed on the internet, it's never as bad as people say. It was just kinda mediocre for a while until Winter Soldier, but even then there were some good episodes among the early lot.
I'd say this is mostly true, but (I think) the second episode, where they go to the Johnny Quest Jungle, is some of the most cringe-worthy poo poo I have ever seen in my life.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jusupov posted:

Or maybe get some tips

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Jusupov posted:

Or maybe get some tips

Goddamn.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Considering how much Bennett has improved over the years, it's possible.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

achillesforever6 posted:

"I stopped watching in season 1."
"Yeah, season 1 was pretty bad..."

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oh good more Inhuman poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I have a feeling this is gonna be a filler episode but we'll see.

• Locked thread