Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

If my google translate is not wrong, the joke is that he is "The Leather."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
What I really want, is a video of Trump walking through the Medal of Honor wall at the people who were awarded it posthumously, read a story, then at the end go, "wait, they guy died? Why did we give him a medal then? He was a weak pussy."

I think that would be the nail in the coffin.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

You know things have gone off the rails when does Daily Mail starts presenting information soberly and in context.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Wikkheiser posted:

I can respect Republicans and conservatives. Like, they might take positions I disagree with or I find immoral, but where do you draw the line? Is everyone who disagrees with you politically a piece of poo poo?

Okay I may have just called Navarro awesome but no this is completely wrong. Conservatism is a garbage ideology for garbage people. You don't get to disagree with me politically when it comes to civil rights or the existence of systemic racism.

But sometimes garbage people do good things and it's okay to praise them for it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Covok posted:

Who wants to bet it's super obivuous and makes people even more disgusted at the deplorables?
Are we talking "Super Adventure Club Chef" levels

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HorseRenoir posted:

RIP Mike Pence's political hopes & dreams

Let me emphasize again - Mike Pence never had any hopes and dreams. He was a ruined politician, horribly disliked in his own state. He was never getting close the whitehouse except on someone else's coattails, and noone but Trump would ever take him as a running mate.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/784916001783709696

ha I didn't see this earlier. Is he loving with Ryan for all the poo poo he got at his rally for not supporting Trump or am I reading too much into it?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

The phenomenon of doubling down when you're wrong so that you don't look weak is incredible.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

FuzzySlippers posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/784916001783709696

ha I didn't see this earlier. Is he loving with Ryan for all the poo poo he got at his rally for not supporting Trump?

I would surmise one of his inner circle told him it went great and he did not look into it whatsoever.

Keep the denial going can't flame out.

Also do you want to be the staffer to tell Trump something went poorly

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Can ladies be cucks

Don't be silly. Cuckold is now a gendered fetish term. Women are Cuckqueens.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

drat she is on fire.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Covok posted:

Who wants to bet it's super obivuous and makes people even more disgusted at the deplorables?

Well whatever it was, they sure were ashamed enough to pull it down.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

trash person posted:

Also do you want to be the staffer to tell Trump something went poorly

He might feed you to Roger Ailes.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
I've never been more excited for a debate in my life. My balls are tingling. I really think this debate will do Super Bowl numbers.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

This is from dozens of pages/scandals ago, but I have a good illustration of this mindset for anyone having trouble conceiving of how people could fail to see this kind of consent violation as a problem.

This is "The Kiss," one of the most iconic photos from WWII Americana and dorm room poster stores everywhere. A sailor is so overwhelmed with joy on VJ-Day he grabbed the first pretty nurse he saw and pulled her in for a kiss. Romantic! Look how she's swooning in his embrace. Maybe they got married.

Only there's something odd about the cant of her body language, isn't there? And the way she's clutching the fabric of her skirt. Maybe this other photo from the series will shed more light:

Ah, she's caressing his face! Wait, no, that's a fist. Everybody knows this soldier grabbed a complete stranger and shoved his tongue down her throat, but over seventy years nobody thought about that as a violation of consent. Nobody noticed that her body is wracked with tension. Nobody noticed that she's pushing him away. Because it's so romantic.

That's Greta Friedman being assaulted. She died last month, and while she was never secretive about the circumstances of that kiss, if you showed that photo to any random person on the street odds are they'll tell you she enjoyed it. In her own words:

Women are things. If you feel like celebrating, grab a pretty thing and have your fun.

I'm sorry, we're not allowed to be outraged about this, because Bill Clinton was bad, so we can't condemn other things.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Greatbacon posted:

The reference is to culero, i.e. the rear end in a top hat.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

isk posted:

The phenomenon of doubling down when you're wrong so that you don't look weak is incredible.

Not to mention that the messaging changes sentence by sentence. In the morning, Pence is furious, looking to drop out. In the evening, he's 100% dedicated to Trump.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Greatbacon posted:

Your Google Translate is wrong.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Greatbacon posted:

El Cuero is a cryptid that attacks women who go by the riverside in South America.

e: f;b with a better one.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Phone posted:

Not to mention that the messaging changes sentence by sentence. In the morning, Pence is furious, looking to drop out. In the evening, he's 100% dedicated to Trump.

To be fair to Pence (shudder), it was his wife that was furious.

He was apparently "beside himself".

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Phone posted:

The clowns got to him.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Greatbacon posted:

"Culero" literally translates to "rear end in a top hat".

e: way beaten

plushpuffin
Jan 10, 2003

Fratercula arctica

Nap Ghost

Trump posted:

"I’d never withdraw. I’ve never withdrawn in my life.”

"When I force myself on someone, I stay in until I finish."

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Phone posted:

I'm sure this was based on a phone call with Priebus in which he was told, "Hey man, we can't make you the nominee yet. Wait til Monday morning after the debate."

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

lozzle posted:

Okay I may have just called Navarro awesome but no this is completely wrong. Conservatism is a garbage ideology for garbage people. You don't get to disagree with me politically when it comes to civil rights or the existence of systemic racism.

But sometimes garbage people do good things and it's okay to praise them for it.
I should say that with someone like Navarro, I have major disagreements, and I think the outcomes of some of her beliefs would be bad, but I believe she thinks more or less rationally (she's not crazy) and sees herself as bound by generally accepted social restraints and -- if she held office -- the limits of constitutional authority. Navarro, I would think, would disagree with the left on how to address racism, but that's a mere difference of opinion.

The difference with Trump is that him, and a big bulk of his supporters, are actively promising to harm people, and they do not feel themselves bound by those same limits. He's an order-of-magnitude different problem and poses an actual threat to our society in a way that Navarro does not.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Oct 9, 2016

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

speng31b posted:

Let me emphasize again - Mike Pence never had any hopes and dreams. He was a ruined politician, horribly disliked in his own state. He was never getting close the whitehouse except on someone else's coattails, and noone but Trump would ever take him as a running mate.

The entire party was building up Pence to be the true conservative savior today, the good soldier who took one for the team and acted as the real Republican on the ticket. He could have ditched Trump and immediately be seen as the party's favorite for 2020. Instead he's staying on the sinking ship to die with its captain.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Pence was also talking to donors. If you are asking for money you probably shouldn't show up and say 'hey guys we could use some cash though I might peace but I'm sure its a worthy cause or something for whomever sticks with this guy'.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

theflyingorc posted:

I'm sorry, we're not allowed to be outraged about this, because Bill Clinton was bad, so we can't condemn other things.

Actually we can, unless the dude in that picture is Bill Clinton, then it probably didn't happen.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HorseRenoir posted:

The entire party was building up Pence to be the true conservative savior today, the good soldier who took one for the team and acted as the real Republican on the ticket. He could have ditched Trump and immediately be seen as the party's favorite for 2020. Instead he's staying on the sinking ship to die with its captain.

That's horseshit. He looks good by comparison now, but he'd wither and die on his own, he will now and he would in 2020. Everyone who even thinks about it for a minute knows it.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
Mike is a mess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6QDm-WPo1k

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Sooooooooooo, I don't know poo poo about poo poo, but humor me for a quick second.

We're going to see a lawsuit or two over this election if the ballots aren't representative of who the actual candidate is, right? Just going with the scenario that the RNC decides to give Trump the boot at the top of the ticket, it doesn't necessarily matter who replaces him because the ballots are "locked down" (whatever that means, i.e. - the ballots have already been printed), right?

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

joepinetree posted:

The reference is to culero, i.e. the rear end in a top hat.

SomeMathGuy posted:

El Cuero is a cryptid that attacks women who go by the riverside in South America.

e: f;b with a better one.

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

"Culero" literally translates to "rear end in a top hat".

e: way beaten

Thank you all, much better than the poo poo that I came up with.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Comstar posted:

What you want to do is was is to lay 12 land mines at the back of the plane, knowing she's going to come storming in after you talk to the terrorist. There's a loud BOOM and there's pieces of her all over the inside of an otherwise undamaged plane.

I like the killphrase method better.

What's Mitten's killphrase? Rubio's?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I still say if Trump doesn't sink Paul Ryan he was an insufficient liberal plant. :colbert:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

speng31b posted:

That's horseshit. He looks good by comparison now, but he'd wither and die on his own, he will now and he would in 2020. Everyone who even thinks about it for a minute knows it.
Not uf we tie him into Rape-Boys death spiral.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

Lightning Knight posted:

Mission Accomplished. :smith:

We're going to need a tiny aircraft carrier and tiny flight-suit for TB.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus Christ:

In a 2002 episode of Howard Stern, Trump discussed the celebrity boxing match of Paula Jones, who in the 1990s accused Bill Clinton of sexual harassment.

"It was interesting. That Paula Jones fight, she was not very talented. That was pretty pathetic," Trump said.

"It's funny because Paula Jones would get hit, she'd run," Robin Quivers said.

"She would run, it's too bad she didn't run like that from Bill (Clinton)," Trump replied.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Someone remind me is what bill's other accusers are, how full of garbage they are, etc.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I really can't see the rational where deciding to fight terrifying professional athlete Tonya Harding would be the right course of action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Pence tweets: #whyistayed

• Locked thread