Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Psawhn posted:

I am not good at the twitter, so here are her posts for other people who, like me, are not good at the twitter.

Most of these are real good, but I'm not sure they all map as strongly as she implies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Lightning Knight posted:

I read the poo poo out of this. I recall the whole point of the setting being equality of dinosaurs and people, but I don't remember if they ever undermine themselves.

I have to be at work for the debates. :negative:

From memory the big grand oil paintings of dinosaurs and humans together came first, then Gurney built a story around them supplemented with extra pictures. Which is why the sentient dinosaurs have bridles etc in some pictures.

Counting down to Trump's utter collapse in Debate Number Two!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 198 days!

woke wedding drone posted:

Tsintaosaurus' crest is rather lovingly rendered I must say

The artist was all "gently caress, I'm drawing dinosaurs in the Bible. Gonna put a cock and balls in there."

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

gfsincere posted:

Lol look at all this bad faith posting. Holy poo poo. This is "I prepare Trump for debates" bad.

If she had proof of her being raped I'd absolutely believe it.

All she has, and all she has ever had, is her word, and her words now say "a man recounting sexually assaulting women is "just talking"". So her word doesn't hold much stock without actual evidence now.

Couldn't be any more clearer than that.

And no, not angry. You're a troll and/or struggle with reading comprehension, which makes me either pity you or sad for you, your choice really.

"She kept texting him afterwards? So what, rape survivors don't always instantly cut off contact with their assailants"

"She went on a date with him after he raped her? Don't you know that women are socialized to blame themselves for being raped and that it's common to deny to themselves what took place as a defence mechanism?"

"She isn't backing the political campaign of the woman whose husband raped her? And all she has is a detailed account consistent with recorded facts and the accounts of several corroborating witnesses? That bitch is lying!"

It's still better than wonkette's 'Bill probably raped her but it was back in the 70's before scientists discovered that rape was wrong' I suppose.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Psawhn posted:

I am not good at the twitter, so here are her posts for other people who, like me, are not good at the twitter.

i wish i could find it again, but there was a graphic going around twitter earlier that had trump's and brock turner's apologies side by side with the same phrases in each highlighted and it's kinda scary how many phrases they had in common.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

:stare: what is that from

I see you are not familiar with the Triceratops, or "Jesus Horse"

Courtesy of the Creationist Museum

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

The Insect Court posted:

"She kept texting him afterwards? So what, rape survivors don't always instantly cut off contact with their assailants"

"She went on a date with him after he raped her? Don't you know that women are socialized to blame themselves for being raped and that it's common to deny to themselves what took place as a defence mechanism?"

"She isn't backing the political campaign of the woman whose husband raped her? And all she has is a detailed account consistent with recorded facts and the accounts of several corroborating witnesses? That bitch is lying!"

It's still better than wonkette's 'Bill probably raped her but it was back in the 70's before scientists discovered that rape was wrong' I suppose.

Several witnesses with good reason to be biased against him, i believe

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Pleasing Shape posted:

The first woman president is pretty much guaranteed a month out because their savior said things that they think are awesome, and around 8:30 eastern on election night they're going to be :f5: "loving cucks" over and over and I'm gonna put anita-sarkeesian-eating-popcorn.gif on every electronic device in my house

Trump is blundering his way towards structuring the optics for this election as a battle between feminism and male chauvinism and setting it up perfectly for Hillary to blow him out of the water and I'm loving every moment of this post-pussygate election.

I hope it's an electoral slaughter and complete rout all the way down the ballot for the Republicans. :twisted:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Covok posted:

It's happening!

Jesus christ what did that cute doggie do

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Insect Court posted:

An independent prosecutor and his team of FBI agents conducted a thorough investigation of all this and it never made it into his final report - the entire thing wasn't mentioned. That's rather telling considering what hearsay was mentioned in Starr's final report.

Now; based on Starr's more recent actions you could conclude he doesn't investigate rape charges at all, but this charge was at least investigated by an independent law enforcement agency.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The entire first page of results needs to be pictures of Trump.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

Kevyn posted:

Jesus christ what did that cute doggie do

He's No Angel

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

:stare: what is that from

my science textbook from 8th grade, thank you homeschooling.

no but in seriousness, within evangelical christianity there is a view called 'young earth creationism' that states that the earth is really only 6000 years old. as a part of that, people who believe in young earth creationism see dinosaurs as coexisting with humanity, and cite the bible's handful of references to "leviathans" as proof that mankind was coexistent with dinosaurs.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Casimir Radon posted:

The entire first page of results needs to be pictures of Trump.

There's two now; I tried Googling it myself, and hadn't done anything along these lines previously, and I saw the picture there and another one.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
So why didn't Billy Bush give this to Jeb during the Primaries? Aren't they blood relatives? If I was Jeb I'd be pretty pissed.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
They're absolutely stuck with him now, right? Like even if he got visited by three Dickensian ghosts tonight and dropped out of the race tomorrow (because I think that's the only way he would drop out), he'd still be on the ballot?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

davecrazy posted:

So why didn't Billy Bush give this to Jeb during the Primaries? Aren't they blood relatives? If I was Jeb I'd be pretty pissed.

Billy is probably not "in" with the AV nerds who recorded this poo poo. Also this is somewhere between pretty embarrassing to really bad for his career for him.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

davecrazy posted:

They're first cousins. Billy almost certainly didn't have the tape and might not have even known they were recording. For all we know Billy did tell Jeb! but there's nothing to do without the tape.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

davecrazy posted:

Probably didn't remember

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

Billy is probably not "in" with the AV nerds who recorded this poo poo. Also this is somewhere between pretty embarrassing to really bad for his career for him.

Better yet, it can now be bad for all the Bush dynasty. Whatever the reality of the situation is, they had a Trump killer in their hands and failed to use it. This disastrous chain of events can now be at least partially laid at their feet!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ghetto Prince posted:

They're absolutely stuck with him now, right? Like even if he got visited by three Dickensian ghosts tonight and dropped out of the race tomorrow (because I think that's the only way he would drop out), he'd still be on the ballot?

Sure seems that way, it's state by state but most states have made ballot access and changes nigh impossible.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I imagine anyone who knows Trump probably heard so many of these things so often that they never even considered THIS would be the one someone recorded.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Has anything happened in like the past 8 hours.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Instant Sunrise posted:

my science textbook from 8th grade, thank you homeschooling.

no but in seriousness, within evangelical christianity there is a view called 'young earth creationism' that states that the earth is really only 6000 years old. as a part of that, people who believe in young earth creationism see dinosaurs as coexisting with humanity, and cite the bible's handful of references to "leviathans" as proof that mankind was coexistent with dinosaurs.

I'd heard of young earth creationism but I guess I just assumed they ignored dinosaurs. How deep does it go? Like do they have biblical explanations for why all the north american megafauna shrank down so fast? Was Jesus swatting arthropleura* with his sandals or was that more of an old testament thing?

*Linked because not everyone likes giant pictures of skittering things popping up in their browsers unexpectedly, but to give you a sense of what to expect, these aren't tire tracks:

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Bushiz posted:

Has anything happened in like the past 8 hours.

Naw but it's 3:30 a.m. NY time so with luck Trump will be enlightening the world from his golden toilet within a few

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

I'd heard of young earth creationism but I guess I just assumed they ignored dinosaurs. How deep does it go? Like do they have biblical explanations for why all the north american megafauna shrank down so fast? Was Jesus swatting arthropleura* with his sandals or was that more of an old testament thing?

Linked because not everyone likes giant pictures of skittering things popping up in their browsers unexpectedly, but to give you a sense of what to expect, these aren't tire tracks:

There's a Chick tract about dinosaurs that explains everything:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Bip Roberts posted:

Eh, Billy is a professional star fucker. It's his job to pretend that everything the celebrities he interviews or interacts with says is the most interesting thing in the world.

Playing along with Trump being a boorish rear end in a top hat off air is a pretty minor sin.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

*Linked because not everyone likes giant pictures of skittering things popping up in their browsers unexpectedly, but to give you a sense of what to expect, these aren't tire tracks:

depending on who you ask, dinosaur fossils are either

1) "put there by god to test us/manmade hoaxes"
b) "much younger than science says because radiocarbon dating is really unreliable for reasons."

as for things like that, it pretty much just gets ignored or hand waved away

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Any animal that has gone extinct wasn't on Noah's Ark, is the solution they point to.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Reveilled posted:

Any animal that has gone extinct wasn't on Noah's Ark, is the solution they point to.

Sure, that's perfectly scientifically sound. But do they ever talk about the pre-Ark people having to deal with this poo poo? Because they had two-foot long scorpions in prehistoric times. Seems like god could have made good use of that for plagues and smiting and such

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

davecrazy posted:

Eh, Billy is a professional star fucker. It's his job to pretend that everything the celebrities he interviews or interacts with says is the most interesting thing in the world.

Playing along with Trump being a boorish rear end in a top hat off air is a pretty minor sin.

He gets to take the blame both for being part of what sank the republican bid for the presidency, and for not disclosing it sooner and helping them avoid this whole unfortunate chain of events. He's double hosed.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Ghetto Prince posted:

It's too late. The ballots are already printed and due to early voting, people have already begun to vote for Trump.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

In case you for some reason needed another basis for thinking reddit is garbage, they have /r/Vote_Trump as a trending subreddit right now

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jesus what I would give to have grown up in a setting where Creationism is some faraway concept you've only heard of. :stare:

It's totally worth it to read about it to see how far down that rabbit hole goes because holy poo poo it goes so far.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

rip tb:s ancestor :(

the rest:
http://www.chick.com/cartoons/1038_01.asp

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flood_geology

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

The humans ate the dinosaurs? :ohdear:

Interesting fact, the idea of species extinction was vehemently opposed by precursors to the young earth types, because obviously god put exactly the number of animals here he wanted and wouldn't change his mind. Except for that time he drowned a whole bunch I guess.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
after scopes, evangelicals' interaction with science was mostly limited to protesting biology departments teaching sex ed until the genesis flood was published in the early 60s, which coincided with a rapid expansion of private christian schools built in response to brown v board

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Is there an explanation for why there are no extant dinosaur bone artefacts or dumping grounds?

If we hunted them to extinction you'd think we'd have made some cool tooth necklaces or bone huts and totems like we did with the mammoths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

davecrazy posted:

I think what's really gross is egging on the physical contact between Trump and the actress after Trump said all that poo poo in the bus. His career should be torpedoed purely because of that creepy poo poo.

• Locked thread