Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

You can do this without upgrading Houston. The paint can is near the driver-side front wheel.

i'm sorely disappointed that the loot machine paint job isnt available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Don't worry, it'll show up in an upcoming safe.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I just want to be able to stretch a jpg or png onto the van. give me my Steamed Ham getaway vehicle

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Did Hotline on One Down. Flaming piglet still king of that map for me.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
2EZ exists for a reason

:dukedog:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Also, if you didn't notice because you don't follow him on Spotify (shame on you), Simon Vilkund uploaded something called Payday 2 Remastered, Vol 1. It features the songs from the base, base game, even without Death Wish or Wanted Dead or Alive, remade with I guess new audio levels or mix levels or in some cases, like Calling All Units with new souds, and they all sound loving AWESOME :krad: :holymoley:

Might be this was supposed to be on Tuesday as that "Just a little something".

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I suspect that Overkill accidentally swapped Murky Guard voices with every other guards' voices somehow. At least I assume the murkies are supposed to have that radio coms filter (they don't right now).

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Mendrian posted:

So not that I mind doing this for its own sake, but do any of the safehouse upgrades do anything?

Seconding this question. I have a nice chunk of coins now but I have no idea what, if anything, is worth buying outside of the firing range. Like why spend the coins on upgrading Hoxton's messy file storage?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
oh my god

talk to sokol down in the basement, he's standing next to a small hockey goal

"WHAT IS THIS IS LITTLE POOT GOAL IS FOR CHILDREN"

"WHAT IS THIS, LITTLE lovely HOCKEY FOR BABIES"

Pilgrimski
Apr 23, 2008
The skill that lets you deploy first-aid kits and they get auto used if someone goes down within 5m is really powerful.

I don't think they count as 'downs' either, at least PocoHud didn't record them.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Are you sure you want to burn your offshore money?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Pilgrimski posted:

The skill that lets you deploy first-aid kits and they get auto used if someone goes down within 5m is really powerful.

I don't think they count as 'downs' either, at least PocoHud didn't record them.

They don't, that's why they won't activate Swan Song, it's just a full heal.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I just started this game again after not playing for 2 years. drat, things sure have changed a lot!

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
So I don't have safe house but saw the stream. What is "hold f to access payday stash"?

Does that just take you to inventory screen

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK

swims posted:

So I don't have safe house but saw the stream. What is "hold f to access payday stash"?

Does that just take you to inventory screen

It goes to http://pd2stash.com/ which I haven't seen till now but looks like just a set of all available weapon skins?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

shut up blegum posted:

I just started this game again after not playing for 2 years. drat, things sure have changed a lot!

I just accidentally sold my panda mask :v: I'm not used to all those new tabs and buttons apparently.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

If you upgrade the safehouse the random door near the end opens up into a bathroom.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well, if you upgrade Dallas' Room to the max, you get access to the Side Jobs and Trophy list from the safehouse :v: Well that's not what I was expecting. Also One Down Car Shop still has 1:40 for Point of No Return, but it has I dunno, 10 guards? And 6 of them are inside, so getting a good ECM rush requires a lot of precise and fast shooting.
Because glass breaking still triggers the alarm instantly.

EDIT: Upgrading Bonnie gives you a slot machine to play on.

Kikas fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 9, 2016

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

This is what I've got so far:

Wick:
Tier 1 gives you access to a shooting range
Tier 2 gives you access to a kill room - move and shoot timed mini game

Hoxton:
Tier 1: gives you the ability to swap between the base skin and the overkill skin.
Tier 2: gives you 3 extra skins: black and gold, white, and black and grey.

Sydney:
Tier 1: gives you access to pd2stash.com
Tier 2: unknown (maybe you can buy mask bits with coins?)

Bonnie:
Tier 1: access to a slot machine.

I suspect that the burn the offshore button is rank 2 of the vault upgrade.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Drewjitsu posted:

Houston:
Tier 1: gives you the ability to swap between the base skin and the overkill skin.

Sydney:
Tier 1: gives you access to pd2stash.com

Both of these are available without upgrades

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I've also had access to the yellow/gold color fo the van without any upgrdes, but it seems to have fixed itself now. Shame.

New day is here, we got 4 masks and new color comboes. Also the infamous colors will have the same chace to drop in the Payday as regular ones, they will just be more expensive to apply.

Pilgrimski
Apr 23, 2008

Kikas posted:

I've also had access to the yellow/gold color fo the van without any upgrdes, but it seems to have fixed itself now. Shame.

New day is here, we got 4 masks and new color comboes. Also the infamous colors will have the same chace to drop in the Payday as regular ones, they will just be more expensive to apply.

Update 111 changelog

Update size: 45.8 Mb

General

-----> Temporarily disabled the ability to change skins on the Escape Van in the Safe House due to some issues

Levels

Safe House
Removed an animation from Chains
Fixed an issue with the Old Faithful trophy
Fixed an issue where the cameras in Clover’s Tier 3 area didn’t work
Fixed an issue where contours on the heisters didn’t appear for drop in clients
Fixed an issue where the trophy would show when it wasn’t earned
Burned the pink plushy
Added more animations to Jiro’s companions
Removed extra tape recorders from Jacket’s area
Fixed an issue where Bonnie would hover above the floor
Fixed an issue where Jimmy wasn’t sitting properly on his chair

Murky Station
Fixed difficulty for Death Wish cams on Mayhem and above on Murky Station

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Peculiar. I just noticed that despite claiming there are 37 trophies for the safehouse, there's only 36 actually listed. And the First Steps trophy's thumbnail shows a Lab Rats(?) trophy that isn't present.

I guess there's a chance it's being saved for the Halloween event.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Probably the new heist.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

I actually wrote up a thing about robbing 2 banks at the same time and submitted it to a fan contest on the Steam forums, and won me some masks in the process. You can see it here, it's a huge jpeg though.

EDIT: oh my the new Razormind mix is great. Is it in game too? I haven't played in a while.

Skunkrocker fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 9, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Skunkrocker posted:

I actually wrote up a thing about robbing 2 banks at the same time and submitted it to a fan contest on the Steam forums, and won me some masks in the process. You can see it here, it's a huge jpeg though.

EDIT: oh my the new Razormind mix is great. Is it in game too? I haven't played in a while.

Nail gun, eh?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

John Murdoch posted:

Peculiar. I just noticed that despite claiming there are 37 trophies for the safehouse, there's only 36 actually listed. And the First Steps trophy's thumbnail shows a Lab Rats(?) trophy that isn't present.

I guess there's a chance it's being saved for the Halloween event.

Unless I'm just oblivious, the vault statue trophies show three, but there's only two listed (Ultimate Heister and Robbedacop). So, I imagine they'll be filling in as time goes by.

Also, am I alone in being disappointed by today's masks? I was hoping for actual fedora and cigar masks, not just a facemask of old timey mobsters.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Oh huh. This is a thing.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Two of those are me!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Discendo Vox posted:

Two of those are me!

If you were the tuna fish line I swear to god

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

widespread posted:

I was Carl and Callahan.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I figured they'd get a million "HEY IS YOU'RE REFRIGERATOR RUNNING" jokes, but the one they picked actually made me laugh

so good on them I guess

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Looking at the trophies for the safehouse, some are very easy and some look like a bitch to do. Doing meltdown on overkill in under 7 minutes? That leaves no time for errors I guess. Load up the car while the rest of the team takes a forklift and then drive the car to the forklift to save time, I guess?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

So it would seem that continental coins are given out at the end of a day based on time spent on the map. We just finished Meth (which was 75 minutes), and I got 10 coins as income.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

clockworkjoe posted:

Looking at the trophies for the safehouse, some are very easy and some look like a bitch to do. Doing meltdown on overkill in under 7 minutes? That leaves no time for errors I guess. Load up the car while the rest of the team takes a forklift and then drive the car to the forklift to save time, I guess?

Maybe the bag number requirements got shifted around? I know that how many nukes you need was tied to difficulty.

Drewjitsu posted:

So it would seem that continental coins are given out at the end of a day based on time spent on the map. We just finished Meth (which was 75 minutes), and I got 10 coins as income.

Yeah but did other players get them and were you the host? Cause I get the "From Income" coins as a host, but my buddies don't.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Kikas posted:

Maybe the bag number requirements got shifted around? I know that how many nukes you need was tied to difficulty.

Yeah but did other players get them and were you the host? Cause I get the "From Income" coins as a host, but my buddies don't.

I was not the host. Other people got 9 coins, so I think that it keeps track of your total played time, and then gives you a coin when you hit the required time.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

Drewjitsu posted:

In the livestream earlier, Jules explained that the Continental Coins are given out based on XP earned, similar to Perk Points. Time wasn't a factor he mentioned, but for stuff like Cook Off you get a lot of XP per additional bag secured. It's just unclear how much XP it is before you're given one (400K? 600K?). They'll probably add a progress meter for it later. They also said that shortly before the Housewarming Party event ends they'd do a AMA or some Twitch stream equivalent, for those willing to bear the chat equivalent of playing on a public server with random people.

Note: to prove how we're all whiny babies or whatever for thinking the weapon balance on Mayhem through One Down is screwed, they ran through heists on those difficulties...and wouldn't you know it, most everyone in the crew stuck to Special category weapons from paid DLC (China Puff, GL40, bows, Vulcan etc) that do like 1500 damage with no skill point investment required. They also still failed on One Down. Yep, clearly nothing wrong with the weapons at all such that the only fix needed is to decrease enemy accuracy to make armor more viable!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

widespread posted:

i had to rewind that one to actually believe it

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

clockworkjoe posted:

7-minute Meltdown is possible on Mayhem, at the very least. Bring a saw, rush the cages for a crowbar, find the other two crowbars. Slap them all in the vault. Bring three forklifts around. Haul rear end directly to the train.

I advise having someone with an HE Pistol Xbow to two-shot turrets on the way out.

You can use the car (we did), but IMO, you don't need to. At least one forklift is going to have to make it to the train, and if one can make it, they can all make it.

Daryl Surat posted:

Note: to prove how we're all whiny babies or whatever for thinking the weapon balance on Mayhem through One Down is screwed, they ran through heists on those difficulties...and wouldn't you know it, most everyone in the crew stuck to Special category weapons from paid DLC (China Puff, GL40, bows, Vulcan etc) that do like 1500 damage with no skill point investment required. They also still failed on One Down. Yep, clearly nothing wrong with the weapons at all such that the only fix needed is to decrease enemy accuracy to make armor more viable!

I agree that the enemies are probably somewhat too spongy. However, special weapons are definitely not required. Anything that does 80+ damage with the relevant weapon skills will do the job. That still significantly narrows options, but there are several non-DLC choices in there that work really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Ammo is still a significant issue, and I still think making Berserker basically a requirement is dumb.

e: I tried running Berserker shotguns with aced Overkill on day 1 and noticed I wasn't doing nearly enough damage. A friend of mine is running that, but also with aced Specialized Killing and Low Blow and he's not having trouble? So stacking literally every damage boost is the way to go. Or crossbows and jokers.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 10, 2016