Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
How screwed are republicans long term? I figure they have pissed off blacks, pissed off Latinos, pissed of Asians with their anti-immigrant stances. These groups would typically be receptive to the pro-family, pro-business wings of the republicans. But the republicans have been so myopic that they are just focusing on the old white guys voting block, which are going to be dead in 15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Nice meltdown

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

canepazzo posted:

New polls! NBC/WSJ/MARIST (pre-tape)

Florida:

Clinton 45
Trump 42

Rubio 48%
Murphy 46%

Pennsylvania:

Clinton 49
Trump 37

Chaser:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/785102728334893056

That Rubio number! That PA number! Pre-Tape!

And GOP CIVIL WAR, IT'S A CIVIL WAR.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

canepazzo posted:

New polls! NBC/WSJ/MARIST (pre-tape)

Florida:

Clinton 45
Trump 42

Rubio 48%
Murphy 46%

Pennsylvania:

Clinton 49
Trump 37

Chaser:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/785102728334893056

Trump is going to un-endorse the GOP.

It'll be right after the next mega-bomb media release, when more of the GOP leadership drop him.

Can't. Wait.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
At this point the only person the GOP could replace Trump with that might have a chance against Hillary is Bill.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Dick Trauma posted:

At this point the only person the GOP could replace Trump with that might have a chance against Hillary is Bill.

well thats going to be who he's attacking tonight.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Cimber posted:

well thats going to be who he's attacking tonight.

Indeed.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/785106800572063744

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Volcott posted:

http://www.infowars.com/expose-rapist-bill-clinton-win-5k

NBC figures this may be why someone started heckling Bill yesterday.

Nothing says "We find these allegations abhorrent" than trying to make a quick buck off of them.

This actually enrages me. I've got a few family members and a couple close acquaintances who buy into this garbage. In one case, they've literally bought in to the tune of a couple thousand dollars (credit cards aren't real money, right?) to order every product he, and other like him, promote. This shithead is preying on the mentally damaged, and some lucky idiot is going to get arrested or worse for trying to elbow their way onto a live broadcast.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Tarantula posted:

This thread usually moves pretty quick so hopefully I won't miss the answer, my mum became a U.S citizen a few years ago, she was born in the states but has lived in Australia her whole life, she's not sure how to go about voting, I assume it's some sort of postal vote?
Ummmm... if what you're saying is true, she's been a U.S. citizen her entire life. I don't know how she "became a U.S. citizen" without this coming up at least once.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Inferior Third Season posted:

Ummmm... if what you're saying is true, she's been a U.S. citizen her entire life. I don't know how she "became a U.S. citizen" without this coming up at least once.

And the poster is probably a citizen as well, being a child of a citizen-from-birth.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/PollsterPatrick/status/785108919408594944

Drag him Tapper!

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Dude in comment section calling for people to kill the Clintons, then threatening to kill anyone who tells him to chill the gently caress out, is particularly...well, it's something.

skylined! fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 9, 2016

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Maybe her parents never filed the paperwork required back then? So that the few years ago was getting the official paperwork saying she's a citizen.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

skylined! posted:

Dude in comment section calling for people to kill the Clintons, then threatening to kill anyone who tells him to chill the gently caress out, is particularly...well, it's something.

Normal, for this election?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Nessus posted:

Except it seems a lot of these Scandanavian nations are violently making GBS threads out their social welfare policies now that there's the ghost of a chance that Syrian refugees will benefit from them. It is a proud day to realize that despite all, America may just be the least racist developed country.

:911: 'merica

It's more that 40% of our country is non-white so the racists can't get away with it as easily as a country where only 10-20% are non-white. A lot of bullshit and horrible poo poo ad loving polic murders happen, but it's tiny, margainally harder not to appeal to non-white groups, as a politician.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, for a man who critizes Hillary for "giving away his plan on ISIS," he sure has given her two weeks to prepare for this.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Cimber posted:

How screwed are republicans long term? I figure they have pissed off blacks, pissed off Latinos, pissed of Asians with their anti-immigrant stances. These groups would typically be receptive to the pro-family, pro-business wings of the republicans. But the republicans have been so myopic that they are just focusing on the old white guys voting block, which are going to be dead in 15 years.

They have burnt every bridge they had outside of angry old white men has boned them pretty hard. Trying to dump the Trumpster fire will piss them of well enough to ruin them for the foreseeable future on a national level.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

In some jurisdictions dual citizenship is not allowed so she (or her parents) might have decided to renounce her US citizenship to get citizenship somewhere else, and then afterwards dual citizenship has been allowed in that jurisdiction and she's reclaimed her citizenship.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/CNNSotu/status/785110089153806336

America's Mayor is struggling this morning. Nobody must have told him about Trump's twitter and debate strategy of telegraphing his moves weeks in advance.

https://twitter.com/masurakusuo/status/784938697011568640

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Rudy is having quite a morning. I've seen him quoted from three different shows already and it's still early.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Mwahahahahaha. I don't know what it is that I find so great about the Japanese commenting on the Trumpster fire, but this rules.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

More polls! CBS, pre-tape.

Ohio: Clinton 46 - Trump 42
Pennsylvania: Clinton 48 - Trump 40
Wisconsin: Clinton 43 - Trump 39

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

canepazzo posted:

I'm starting to see why they had that story about both sides' personal polling showing the death spiral was worse than it looked for Trump already.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Already throwing the Republican brand under the bus love it love it LOVE IT

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

canepazzo posted:

If I had to guess, those high undecided numbers in WI are blue-leaning voters who haven't been galvanized yet because WI hasn't really been considered a swing state.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Anywhere I can watch Giuliani flail about online?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I somehow think Trump saying "I"m not going to attack Clinton over Bill's indiscretions" and then having this blow up and immediately switching to "I"m going after that rapist Bill and that bitch Hillary who enabled him" undermines that line of attack. If you say you're not going to do something, and then flip on that as soon as you get some negative press it's incredibly obvious to anyone who cares you're just lashing out hoping to change the attention away from you.

Man I have a feeling this is going to get ugly in the debate tonight and in the coming days

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Pollyanna posted:

Mwahahahahaha. I don't know what it is that I find so great about the Japanese commenting on the Trumpster fire, but this rules.

There's going to be kids running around Japan with 'Grab them by the pussy' on their t-shirts soon.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Covok posted:

It's more that 40% of our country is non-white so the racists can't get away with it as easily as a country where only 10-20% are non-white. A lot of bullshit and horrible poo poo ad loving polic murders happen, but it's tiny, margainally harder not to appeal to non-white groups, as a politician.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, for a man who critizes Hillary for "giving away his plan on ISIS," he sure has given her two weeks to prepare for this.

He's given away his plan to the founder of ISIS, who has also been battling ISIS her entire adult life.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Cruising fox news on the Web to see what I can rustle up, and ... what happened to David Letterman? Is he going to be Santa Claus this year?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

greatn posted:

He's given away his plan to the founder of ISIS, who has also been battling ISIS her entire adult life.

She was desperately trying to fix the wrongdoings from her youth.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
I don't plan on commenting on a case where I don't have specific details/info on but I feel like this Broderick case is going to backfire on Trump if he brings it up

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
It's basically over, but it'll be basically-er over after tonight.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

LA Times poll is down to T+2 :fork:

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Pastrymancy posted:

I don't plan on commenting on a case where I don't have specific details/info on but I feel like this Broderick case is going to backfire on Trump if he brings it up

It's because Clinton isn't going to get baited. She's going to be answering policy questions while a mean white man yells at her about her husband. The optics will be awful for him.

The only way to "win" the debate as Trump would be to not talk about it at all, but this is trump. He will probably confirm he raped his second(?) wife but settled with "no claim of wrongdoing".

Edit: Forgot to add, "It's just business. Happens all the time."

Rabble fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 9, 2016

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Trump is retweeting people making GBS threads on the GOP leadership for abandoning him!

Leavy
Feb 15, 2003

rufus

Levitate posted:

If you say you're not going to do something, and then flip on that as soon as you get some negative press it's incredibly obvious to anyone who cares you're just lashing out hoping to change the attention away from you.

That exact thing has happened probably a thousand times to Trump already, no one is going to be swayed by anything at this point.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Since it's all but assured that Trump will not get the presidency, as long as this totally tanks the GOP's chances of getting or retaining seats in the House and Senate, I'm happy with this outcome. I just want the GOP to collapse.

Then we can move onto reworking the Dems. :unsmigghh:

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/785118735543767040

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This is a good way for him to retain the support of the party that holds his entire campaign infrastructure.

Oh wait no it is exactly the opposite of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Somewhere in the GOP camp, an intern is panicking as he searches for Trump's cellphone killswitch

• Locked thread