Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gort posted:

How the gently caress is Ana Navarro a republican
Flatlander women :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

When you really get down to it, the reason the Johnsons and Steins should always underperform their polling is that people answering the polls who are indicating they don't like "their" candidate (the one from the party more closely aligned with most of their views) are probably not going to be super motivated to actually get off their rear end and cast a vote that will have zero chance of electing a candidate, to go through the effort just to register a protest vote. It's easier to register that protest in a poll and takes less effort.

Most of them would likely only turn out if they felt really strongly about a downticket race. This strikes me as unlikely for most of them.

And speaking of Downfall, it's almost a shame that we won't get to see Bunker Trump. He'd be the most awesome bunker president.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Crow Jane posted:

Once upon a time, I respected this man :negative:

:same: I wish I could go back 15 years and beat the poo poo out f myself for liking Roger and Me

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Gort posted:

Because before they made their outright hostility to women and Hispanics obvious, she could pretend it didn't exist and shill their normal godawful policies.

Recall that she was a big supporter of Jeb!. This level of hostility toward Hispanic people is relatively new in the Republican party -- sure, there was always some racism, but they were the dependable friend because they were willing to take on those dastardly leftists in the Caribbean and Central America, and for the more religious, their social policies meshed much better with Catholic teachings (except the "help the poor" stuff, which can't really be that important, right?)

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Trump protesters interrupting CNN live broadcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m3I2s5MksA

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zwabu posted:

And speaking of Downfall, it's almost a shame that we won't get to see Bunker Trump. He'd be the most awesome bunker president.

I got a good feelin' we're gonna see plenty of Bunker Trump this month. :getin:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Being mentally ill does not preclude being irredeemably evil.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

PT6A posted:

He knows a lot of words -- the best words, even -- because his brain is very big and he's said a lot of things.

The Trump Vocabulary is utterly amazing.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lid posted:

Theres limits to caring that someone is mentally ill and feeling sorry for them and their actions. To an extent all murderers are mentally ill but they're not all innocent by teason of mental defect.

Donald Trump is who Elliot Rodger wishes he was.

i didnt say he was innocent, and whether or not you care is up to you

Im just pointing out that millions of people are going to watch a mentally ill person have a meltdown live on television, tonight

if anyone's gonna get defensive about how trump is evil so it's ok that this is happening, that's on them. i'm just pointing out what is happening

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Someone needs to take this video, and dub over with Trumps 'LOOK AT THE GIRL IN PURPLE WOAH WOAH' bits.
Viral winner.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

boner confessor posted:

Im just pointing out that millions of people are going to watch a mentally ill person have a meltdown live on television, tonight

Good.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
So Hillary is gonna slip the sound guy at the debate $50 to make sure the walk out music for the candidates is pop that pussy by 2 live crew, right?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I want Hillary to shake his hand, then wipe her hand off on her understated yet stylish pant-suit. Ideally whist muttering about burning it later.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Rip Testes posted:

Trump protesters interrupting CNN live broadcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m3I2s5MksA

I clicked that link and, in sequence, was forced to watch a commercial for:colon cancer screening at-home kits, ultra flex depends diapers, some app to help you learn computers and a steroid inhaler for COPD.

Old people.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Gort posted:

She still can't get over the other mechanical augs being pushed aside at UNATCO and so is now opposed to the UN on principle.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

skylined! posted:

I clicked that link and, in sequence, was forced to watch a commercial for:colon cancer screening at-home kits, ultra flex depends diapers, some app to help you learn computers and a steroid inhaler for COPD.

Old people.
You watched Youtube ads. You are the oldest person.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

axeil posted:

She still can't get over the other mechanical augs being pushed aside at UNATCO and so is now opposed to the UN on principle.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Flatlander women :rolleyes:

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

boner confessor posted:

if anyone's gonna get defensive about how trump is evil so it's ok that this is happening, that's on them. i'm just pointing out what is happening
Good. How many people did he destroy?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

axeil posted:

We can't all wait for President Mead to declare a war emergency and institute martial law now can we?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

fknlo posted:

So Hillary is gonna slip the sound guy at the debate $50 to make sure the walk out music for the candidates is pop that pussy by 2 live crew, right?

KitConstantine posted:

I want Hillary to shake his hand, then wipe her hand off on her understated yet stylish pant-suit. Ideally whist muttering about burning it later.

Please stop I can only get so erect

Also it's possible to feel bad about people feeling pain and simultaneously recognize that there's a moral duty to have those people and everything they stand for nuked from orbit to ensure their ideals and plans are never, ever seen as anything acceptable in the public discourse. They aren't mutually exclusive or anything.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
This must have been a fantastic week to be John Boehner.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

FactsAreUseless posted:

:negative:

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

axeil posted:

The Vindication of Prester Jane by The Narcissist Donald Trump should be the forum subtitle.

This is a good post. This post deserves its moment in the sun.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Party Plane Jones posted:

We can't all wait for President Mead to declare a war emergency and institute martial law now can we?

Look, with the latest Ambrosia supply missing I'm willing to do anything to ensure none of us catch the Gray Death.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Voyager I posted:

This must have been a fantastic week to be John Boehner.

Schadenfreude and expensive bourbon go great together.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

boner confessor posted:

Then what the gently caress is your point ? "I'm just pointing out" is about as worthwhile as "just asking questions"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Again, what's far more concerning than the one guy having a mental breakdown on TV is the thousands of other people who suffer from mental illness and have essentially been made to be codependent with this guy.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

axeil posted:

The Vindication of Prester Jane by The Narcissist Corncob Donald Trump should be the forum subtitle.

Let us English
Feb 21, 2004

Actual photo of Let Us English, probably seen here waking his wife up in the morning talking about chemical formulae when all she wants is a hot cup of shhhhh

hiddenriverninja posted:

Does that translate to "Let you do whatever"?

edit: anything sounds better

Yeah. And the same verb conjugation can be used to say "make them do whatever."

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Zwabu posted:

You're assuming that Trump won't just declare himself Anti-President, I think you assume too much.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Augus posted:

Again, what's far more concerning than the one guy having a mental breakdown on TV is the thousands of other people who suffer from mental illness and have essentially been made to be codependent with this guy.
They'll recover. Think of it like mass hysteria.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

FactsAreUseless posted:

They aren't YouTube ads, they are CNN broadcast ads. I have YouTube red and I got them too.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

What's great about the last couple of days is that some outcomes that I barely dreamed possible could actually happen, if Trump sets fire to the GOP badly enough in the remaining weeks.

We could have:

-Deploreables showing up to only vote TRUMP (click) and leave the downticket blank
-Nondeploreables showing to vote only downticket and leaving the top blank or write-in/3d party

I mean it could lead to a cataclysmic result, and a diminished voter base of GOP loyalists going forward.

Abuela just needs to not literally loving fall down tonight.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Late term abortion of the candidate

A literal thing said on CNN

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
If a schism party emerges from this they could literally get the moniker of the Deplorable Party, like the Know Nothing Party way back when. Interesting times.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Hollismason posted:

Donald Trump is not going to go on the defensive at the debate he'll immediately come out swinging , brush off the accusation as just something men talk about, and then go into attacking Hillary.

Except it is an extremely timed town hall, so :lol:

"What do you think about our infrastructure?"
"Bill Clinton raped 300 women."

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Lid posted:

Late term abortion of the candidate

A literal thing said on CNN

Jokes like that have been flying around twitter. I wouldn't be surprised if that exact phrase has already been used.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Andre Bauer Bernie Bro

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gort posted:

Because she's a despicable neocon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

WeAreTheRomans posted:

:same: I wish I could go back 15 years and beat the poo poo out f myself for liking Roger and Me

He's done good work, just not any time in the last decade.

• Locked thread