Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
So who is presumably left in Trump's inner circle?

There's Giuliani, Christie. Breitbart CEO Bannon is still there I assume. Pence and Kellyanne seem like they're still there, but ready to eject at any minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Oct 17, 2016

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Ciaphas posted:

Is there a cool German word for "feeling keen embarrassment for someone else's actions" because empathy doesn't quite cover it, but it's that

Fremdscham

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

mannerup posted:

seems to be a complete list of the inner circle

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/784898601998770176

I'm surprised the concentrated greed and evil hasn't collapsed into a black hole.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

So have any polls happened since "the tape"?

Looking at 538, polls-only has HRC at 81.3%, polls-plus at 77.1%, and now-cast at 85.3%...

The polls update list only shows the last 3 polls as Oct 5-7 (for Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin) and it's unclear the final day of those captures the mayhem...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Like shouldn't God have told you about this poo poo Ted?

God obviously likes Trump.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Because you don't fire off the EMP until all of the GOP comic book villains are close enough to get hit by the blast,Ted. That's why. All of you vile people are going down with your orange overlord.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Quinton posted:

Looking at 538, polls-only has HRC at 81.3%, polls-plus at 77.1%, and now-cast at 85.3%...

The polls update list only shows the last 3 polls as Oct 5-7 (for Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin) and it's unclear the final day of those captures the mayhem...

Polls have been released, but none have captured the effect of the tape.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

trash person posted:

So who is presumably left in Trump's inner circle?

There's Giuliani, Christie. Breitbart CEO Bannon is still there I assume. Pence and Kellyanne seem like they're still there, but ready to eject at any minute.

I'm more interested in the Hitler's last days roster.

Himmler and Goering both betrayed Hitler. Goebbels stayed loyal to the end. Speer intentionally sabotaged Hitler's orders but otherwise stayed loyal. And Dornitz wanted nothing to do with the situation and got dragged into it in the last second.

Who's who in the Trump camp?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

CaptainCarrot posted:

Thing I wrote on Facebook:

Tl:dr;

iospace posted:

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/785140034299170816
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/785162623385997312
Questions like this is why PPP is one of the top polling companies. They'll ask some things that at first glance seem irrelevant, and then suddenly, SURPRISE, it has weight.

I saw someone blame PC culture for "banning Huckleberry Finn" as long as we are going through the rabbit hole

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

mannerup posted:

seems to be a complete list of the inner circle, ivanka and kushner as well

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/784898601998770176

I'd add Ailes and Roger Stone to that list as well.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Quinton posted:

It'll be a few more days before the effect of this shows up in the scientific polls.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

This is amazing

Everything is amazing

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Mark Burnett is the producer of The Apprentice. The contracts that the crew signed presumably had a $5 million fine for breaking the NDA, so whoever has the tape won't leak it without $5 million to pay the fine.

Now this would be the time for Mark Cuban to step up.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

gfsincere posted:

Her response needs to be somewhere between Instant Transmission Kamehameha and Spirit Bomb on Namek.
I'm looking forward to the version of the debate with the appropriate effects added. Wildfire. The Death Star laser. This.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Mantis42 posted:

God this election's version of Game Change is going to be a 20 volume set.
In the year 2166, Barron Trump VI is kidnapped by CNNBC's deep science division and plugged into an Assassin's Creed machine that relives Trump's life. Their mission? "Find out exactly what the gently caress just happened, America. Jesus Christ."

ZobarStyl fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 9, 2016

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

mannerup fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Oct 17, 2016

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The next polls are going to be taking into account both the tapes AND tonight's debate.

They are going to be the best polls.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm more interested in the Hitler's last days roster.

Himmler and Goering both betrayed Hitler. Goebbels stayed loyal to the end. Speer intentionally sabotaged Hitler's orders but otherwise stayed loyal. And Dornitz wanted nothing to do with the situation and got dragged into it in the last second.

Who's who in the Trump camp?

Gobbels - Rudy, Don Jr., and Bannon.
Himmler/Goering - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Speer - Everyone else but...
Dornitz - Christie

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Let me just say that I'm incredibly sensitive to overwhelming Fremdscham to the point of not being able to enjoy reality TV at all (which honestly isn't a bad thing) and I have felt zero for Trump. This is such a classic example of getting hoisted on your own petard.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Pakled posted:

It'll be a few more days before the effect of this shows up in the scientific polls.

It already dipped Trumps numbers in the LA times poll. :v:

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Exclusive footage of Trump walking into the debate tonight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wu_bX4s1p8

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

CaptainCarrot posted:

Thing I wrote on Facebook:

That had to be cathartic as hell.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'm starting to wonder less about Clinton trying to drive Trump crazy, since he'll probably do it to himself, and more about her positioning responses as a wedge between the Trumpists and the rest of the party to try and fracture the GOP as severely as possible. A GOP turnout depression of a few points nationally could be devastating on the down ticket races if suddenly GOPers with a safe 5 point lead are looking at a 1-2 point lead, or less, in polls while having to contend with a lack of GOP GOTV vs a massive GOTV from Clinton.

Also, might've been posted but if not:

Cooper going for his pound of bigot flesh right off the bat, nice.

Dexo posted:

No really though this Gawker lawsuit has no effect on other media no siree

It's not even close to the same thing though. Trump's running form POTUS and as public a figure you can be in the US, with the tape released while he was actively doubling down on offensive remarks about a former Miss Universe. Any lawsuit by Trump, or that lawyer Thiel uses as his proxy to kill go after the media, wouldn't have a chance in hell since even finding a corrupt judge would get it thrown out on appeal pretty quickly.

The public really didn't have any burning need to see (hear about, sure) Hogan's sex tape. But something like this recording of Trump when he's running for the highest office in the land? The bar to clear is so low that you'd need mining equipment to find it. ABC was being overly scared of reprisals and got scooped as they deserve.

OH/PA/WI and the safer states is a Clinton victory without FL/CO/NV or other non-lock states. Though numbers like that are more like a 350+ EV victory, maybe more if his recent tape is toxic enough to drive down his numbers another 2-3 points since that could put AZ/GA in to play as well and start closing in on 400+ EVs.

I want an 8+ point, 400+ EV Clinton landslide win. Give the Dems 51-52 Senators and shave the GOP's hold on the House so slim that Ryan has to always have the entire party behind him to do anything.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Trump dropped 3-4% in the markets sharply. Something happening?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

5436 posted:

Rumors of more tapes, everyone anticipating the second debate, no one has any confidence in him any more.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

5436 posted:

greetings,

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Evil Fluffy posted:

OH/PA/WI and the safer states is a Clinton victory without FL/CO/NV or other non-lock states. Though numbers like that are more like a 350+ EV victory, maybe more if his recent tape is toxic enough to drive down his numbers another 2-3 points since that could put AZ/GA in to play as well and start closing in on 400+ EVs.

I want an 8+ point, 400+ EV Clinton landslide win. Give the Dems 51-52 Senators and shave the GOP's hold on the House so slim that Ryan has to always have the entire party behind him to do anything.

Ohio is getting bluer on 538 and Arizona is getting paler. Once the next round of polling comes out, we'll know exactly how big of a landslide we're headed to.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Antti posted:

Let me just say that I'm incredibly sensitive to overwhelming Fremdscham to the point of not being able to enjoy reality TV at all (which honestly isn't a bad thing) and I have felt zero for Trump. This is such a classic example of getting hoisted on your own petard.

hoist by your own petard really is the bon mot here, since it literally means being blown up by your own bomb

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

What's a Burnett Contract?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

5436 posted:

Just now or since Friday?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Well done internet.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

uPen posted:

Well done internet.

Me on the right

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

5436 posted:

New video information is getting out, even though the videos aren't out. Also, information about questions that will be asked tonight is out.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Evil Fluffy posted:

OH/PA/WI and the safer states is a Clinton victory without FL/CO/NV or other non-lock states.

CO is by far more of a "lock" than Ohio, dude.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Hollismason posted:

Burnett is the agency who owns the programming, it's like saying you signed a Fox contract

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Just now or since Friday?

Today, I think 9% total since pussyghazi.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Burnett is the production company that did the apprentice

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

mannerup fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Oct 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

5436 posted:

Today, I think 9% total since pussyghazi.

What exactly is falling? Links/graphs?

• Locked thread