Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Beaten but yeah, that's a dumb question on many levels but the fact that those two diseases aren't even comparable makes it an easy answer.

So, in that regard, it's a perfect metaphor for this election (if you literally believe every bad thing that's been said about Hillary).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

Evil Fluffy posted:

ITT: People who have never been under an NDA talk about how breaking one is no big deal.

Yea its breaking an NDA to basically shape the US for the next 2 years. People leaked classified documents for less.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I seem to remember a few months ago the Republicans were out of their minds with worry that their wives or children could get groped by a transgendered person in the woman's room, but now they are fine with it if it happens by their nominee for President of the United States.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Pakled posted:

Americans hate racism, but only really obvious examples of it. If there's any room for doubt about whether something is racist, most white Americans will hem and haw and give the offender the benefit of the doubt. They support all kinds of incredibly racist policies, but don't consider themselves racist and, in fact, believe racism is evil and wrong because their image of "racist" is the KKK, and they obviously oppose the KKK, so they can't be racist. If there's a tape out there of Trump saying the n-word or in some other way directly stating that black people are inferior, then that's going to destroy all of Trump's support outside of his hardcore base.

I hope you're right. We are talking about a man who declares all Mexican immigrants rapists and seriously insists that we must prevent any Muslim immigrantion without too big of a fuss. That's not even getting into leading the Birther movement and bragging about it.

I mean, we'll need to have a video of him burning a cross and slowly outlining how he hates all black people in general and Obama specifically because he is black to crack the denial of white America.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I still can't get over the fact that this would have been a very winnable campaign for the GOP if they had had literally any other candidate who ran in the primaries.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
https://twitter.com/Jezebel/status/785185243720519680

When 2% of the black vote is too high

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007
Write, speak, avenge, for ancient sufferings feel
Destroying Trump and having a few million to spare might be worth it for someone.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kit Walker posted:

He doesn't, actually. It's a forced smile. There's no tension around his eyes like you'd see with a real smile.

Good point actually, he's just better at faking it on account of being a sociopath.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

But, you'd also get sued into oblivion by a vengeful former boss. So it's not as if it's all high reward with little risk.

It's highly unlikely that the rich dude not-so-subtly asking for millions to release the tape would get "sued into oblivion" by orange Hitler. Obviously part of the money he's asking for is to take care of legal issues. It's a very smart move for him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Too bad Wikileaks is a Putin mouthpiece with literally no principles because this is literally the kind of thing they live for.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Hasn't been leaked, and won't if mark burnett has anything to say about it.

I thought Burnett was a righteous Christian so it's strange that he is supporting Trump at all.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Binary Logic posted:

I thought Burnett was a righteous Christian so it's strange that he is supporting Trump at all.

If he's evangelical Supply Side Christian it makes perfect sense for him to be a Trumpkin.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

Did you just start following the election?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

Self proclaimed righteous Christians are some of the worst people on Earth.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Cimber posted:

I seem to remember a few months ago the Republicans were out of their minds with worry that their wives or children could get groped by a transgendered person in the woman's room, but now they are fine with it if it happens by their nominee for President of the United States.

Because the half of conservatives who understand how truly how vile this and that it's about tacit endorsement/admission of sexual assault are being droned out by the other half that either willingly or obliviously don't get what the actual problems with the comments are.

Zoph fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 9, 2016

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

fishmech posted:

It's highly unlikely that the rich dude not-so-subtly asking for millions to release the tape would get "sued into oblivion" by orange Hitler. Obviously part of the money he's asking for is to take care of legal issues. It's a very smart move for him.

Said rich dude does not have the tapes, as he has said on his twitter. However, he has also stated that their contract has a $5m leak penalty AND it's come out that Burnett would also sue anyone who leaked footage. So you're wrong on just about all points right now.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Obama set the precedent. Thanks obama

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
What is it with orange people and being racist?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Antti posted:

If he's evangelical Supply Side Christian it makes perfect sense for him to be a Trumpkin.
He's also made millions and millions of dollars thanks to Trump so it's not at all a surprise that Burnett is supporting him.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

What is it with orange people and being racist?

the Dutch?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Binary Logic posted:

He's an evangelical so he doesn't actually have any principles.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Having loving speed skating as your national sport is conducive to being evil.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Well they did a bang-up job of it in South Africa...

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Crazy Ted posted:

and Indonesia

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Zwarte. Piet.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Crazy Ted posted:

It's weird that I keep getting confused between New Zealand and South African. They have such different political poo poo and such similar accents.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Donald Trump seems like the kind of guy that would threaten to not pay a carpenter if the wall mouldings were 1.65 inches high instead of 1.66 like he asked.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Sisyphus posted:

(responding to fishmech) So you're wrong on just about all points right now.

That boulder won't roll back down the hill this time. Really, I promise.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
do you think trump gets embrassed when he pops out slurs in front of Clinton

sorry if this ofends anyone but I thought it was a funny thing haha

another thing I am wondering is what do you think his mouth smells like haha I'm just curious for laughs haha I would like to smell it

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Said rich dude does not have the tapes, as he has said on his twitter. However, he has also stated that their contract has a $5m leak penalty AND it's come out that Burnett would also sue anyone who leaked footage. So you're wrong on just about all points right now.

This is where something like Gawker would come in handy, but it was destroyed for leaking a video of an orange balding celebrity saying the N word.

(I don't want to relitigate the gawker issue here, just an interesting parallel)

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Roald Dahl even changed his Oompa Loompa's Orange after uproar about them being African Pygmy's in the first version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Coincidence?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Donald Trump seems like the kind of guy that would threaten to not pay a carpenter if the wall mouldings were 1.65 inches high instead of 1.66 like he asked.

Seems like? Threaten? I'm like 99% sure he's actually done that.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Zwarte. Piet.

My brother used to work at a big multinational in the Netherlands, and they had some of the VPs from the West Coast over at the same time that Zwaarte Piet was delivering presents. lmao

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

hiddenriverninja posted:

He would claim they were 1.66 and that's why he's not paying and no he doesn't care that you just measured it 5 times and it's 1.65 he's still not paying you.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

hiddenriverninja posted:

That's smart business to him.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Funny story: BBC News was talking to a black Dutch guy a couple years ago around Christmas time about the Zwarte Piet (Black Peter - Santa's Blackface friend) tradition. He was being incredibly reasonable and saying that he didn't think the Dutch needed to necessarily change their traditions, just be a little more conscientious about how their behavior affects others. While they're doing this some rando walking by calls this this guy Zwarte Piet to his face. The BBC reporter turns the camera on this guy and is all "Why did you just do that?!", and the guy was all "I dunno".

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 9, 2016

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

Actually Trump is the kind of guy who would get the 1.66 just like he asked and then tell the guy he's only getting 70% of the agreed-to amount in the contract and he's going to have to shut the gently caress up and like it.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

WeAreTheRomans posted:

My brother used to work at a big multinational in the Netherlands, and they had some of the VPs from the West Coast over at the same time that Zwaarte Piet was delivering presents. lmao

What an awful place. Europe, that is.

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER

trash person posted:

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/785184351164198913

This reminds me of the pictures you see on those true crime shows as the last photo they were happy together, before one of the two kills the other.

That's the wincing smile of a done man. Donald might just poo poo his pants and leave, with that kind of mug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I hope someone keeps a list.

• Locked thread