Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Crazy Ted posted:

The only real game changer at this point would be a leaked FBI memo saying that they wanted to charge Clinton with felonies but they decided not to for political reasons.

Didn't the FBI actually investigate that case and find no actual evidence besides her word (mostly because it happened 21 years prior?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Rfk was as charismatic as Jack and basically the Obama of the day, and going up against an even older and more paranoid Richard Nixon than his brother did. Think Clinton-Dole, but even more.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Yoshifan823 posted:

Hell, have Cuban promise them a job on Shark Tank.

Shark Tank is owned by the dude that is threatening the lawsuits for the leaks, Cuban's already called himself out.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

The Rokstar posted:

Haha, "why couldn't all these bad things have come out before I did a monumentally stupid thing?"

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of people.

Nah, it's more like "why couldn't all these bad things have come out so I could win?"

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Andrast posted:

Vince would be a better president than Trump
If nothing else, the State of the Union speeches would be amazing.

Night10194 posted:

Didn't the FBI actually investigate that case and find no actual evidence besides her word (mostly because it happened 21 years prior?)
I mean with respect to the whole classified information and e-mail kerfuffle.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Surprised nobody has drawn a line from "Where are the emails" to "Where are the apprentice tapes" yet.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

canepazzo posted:

Shark Tank is owned by the dude that is threatening the lawsuits for the leaks, Cuban's already called himself out.

There's gotta be someone in Hollywood willing to offer up a position for someone who is willing to leak footage for the greater good of America.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Donnie should get in a bidding war.

(He can't)

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Trump should put up a $5 million bounty for Hillary saying racist poo poo on tape and see what shows up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Andrast posted:

Vince would be a better president than Trump

at least vince has run a successful business

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

EugeneJ posted:

Trump should put up a $5 million bounty for Hillary saying racist poo poo on tape and see what shows up

A video of Obama and Hillary together, Hillary calls Obama something racist, Obama smiles to the camera and thanks Trump for the 5 mill for charity.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

EugeneJ posted:

If it existed (barring "super predators"), it already would've surfaced.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/maddow/status/785220993459576832

RNC about to literally assassinate Trump, looks like

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

The only answer I'm a bit worried about is if people draw a line from her "public vs private opinions" line to "well, she has changed her position on things publicly, but how can we know if she will actually follow through?" CNN just showed a clip of Tim Kaine trying to defend against that line, and he failed miserably.

But that's more to keep enthusiasm up for downtickets vs. actually costing her the election.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Trump fought Vince at Wrestlemania. He wants to humiliate him which is why he secretly released this and is now holding a debate opposite a PPV.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

edrith posted:

Sounds more like they are going to assassinate Hillary

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'm betting on involuntary commitment.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

If it existed (barring "super predators"), it already would've surfaced.

No president in the history of presidents has been vetted more than Hillary Clinton.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Yoshifan823 posted:

If he brings up her defending a child rapist, it's really easy to combat by talking about how important public defenders and the right to an attorney are, and how she fulfilled the requirements of her job despite it not being something she wanted to do, as opposed to Trump who just bails on everything by going bankrupt or getting divorced.

Just wanted to quote this as the right way to handle that.

Also, what's the odds on Brodderick getting paid under the table to give these new interviews?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

A part of me wonders what happens if Hillary completely flubs the debate tonight. How the hell does anyone handle that?

That's essentially impossible. She may not do great dealing with Trump insanity, but it's a town hall and she is going to kill at answering questions.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

happyhippy posted:

A video of Obama and Hillary together, Hillary calls Obama something racist, Obama smiles to the camera and thanks Trump for the 5 mill for charity.

Nah, she does it by reciting one of Trump's offensive statements about race, then thanking him for the 5 mill for charity.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

blue squares posted:

That's essentially impossible. She may not do great dealing with Trump insanity, but it's a town hall and she is going to kill at answering questions.

She did well at dealing with Trump insanity last time.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Rexicon1 posted:

Sounds more like they are going to assassinate Hillary

Yes. It really does. It's kinda scary.

Edit:

Rexicon1 posted:

No president in the history of presidents has been vetted more than Hillary Clinton.

I'm actually kinda wondering about this. How will 2020 look? Unless she does devastating stuff during her presidency (she wont) what are they going to attack her with? Will they just repeat the exact same warmed up stories and hope that she suddenly forgot how to defend against them?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 9, 2016

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

edrith posted:

Realistically (and if this guy isn't talking out of his rear end), it'd be something like Day One Impeachment Charges. And I say "realistically" lightly.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

KitConstantine posted:

The only answer I'm a bit worried about is if people draw a line from her "public vs private opinions" line to "well, she has changed her position on things publicly, but how can we know if she will actually follow through?" CNN just showed a clip of Tim Kaine trying to defend against that line, and he failed miserably.

But that's more to keep enthusiasm up for downtickets vs. actually costing her the election.

I hate this because I read the quote and the whole thing is taken way out of context (at least in my eyes, as someone who has been in business meetings). You say poo poo in private that would not be good things to say publicly because you have to think of all the possibilities when discussing the future or whatever policy you're talking about.

And if she is talking about being two/faced, her record would have outed her decades ago.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

edrith posted:

Ever heard of Jury Nullification Faithless Electors?

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

edrith posted:

I heard a rumor that Glen Beck & the Mormonati would attempt a Mittens spoiler run, forcing the presidential decision to go to Congress.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Oh my goodness if anyone is watching MSNBC right now Carl Paladino is accusing the FBI director of destroying evidence against Hillary and claiming that Benghazi was to hide a secret arms deal with ISIS.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rabble posted:

I hate this because I read the quote and the whole thing is taken way out of context (at least in my eyes, as someone who has been in business meetings). You say poo poo in private that would not be good things to say publicly because you have to think of all the possibilities when discussing the future or whatever policy you're talking about.

And if she is talking about being two/faced, her record would have outed her decades ago.

If other jobs had to be elected they'd probably say different things in private and public too. The public is filled with a bunch of idiots who don't know anything. This election is the most perfect example of that. We have a guy who (supposedly) says the same things in private and in public, and he's the world's biggest rear end in a top hat.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Captain Fargle posted:

Unless you're The New York Post (I think that's the correct paper. Might be New York Times?) then they take your story, publish it, get mad credit for publishing it and then call for your indictment. Just like they did for Snowden.

I was actually on board with that, because the logic made sense. The story on NSA surveillance was big and they were happy to publish that, but Snowden also stole a shitload of unrelated classified documents and absconded with them to China and Russia. No one ever seems to remember that part. You can praise a guy for doing one thing that you think is good and condemn him for doing another that you think is bad, there's nothing wrong with that

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

happyhippy posted:

It should just be Obama asking her if she is worried about Trump winning the general, and she just deadpans a, "nigga please." and they fist bump.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Rabble posted:

I totally agree! Having a private opinion (personal) and a public one (the one you actually push for your constituents/the American people) is just called being a politician. But it is so easy to twist and feeds into the unending storyline about her being "untrustworthy".

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Kulkasha posted:

I heard a rumor that Glen Beck & the Mormonati would attempt a Mittens spoiler run, forcing the presidential decision to go to Congress.

This literally cannot happen.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Nucleic Acids posted:

Realistically (and if this guy isn't talking out of his rear end), it'd be something like Day One Impeachment Charges. And I say "realistically" lightly.

The NY investigation into the Clinton Foundation is still lingering

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I think Kellyanne lost it:

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/785201628303486976

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I had no idea Media Matters made that kind of scratch.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

last time I checked the news Giuliani had basically accused Bill Clinton of rape and Trump ditched his media train for the day, has anything juicy happened since then?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Sent in my ballot.

+1 in Wisconsin

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

edrith posted:

Hopefully whatever their plan is works as well as their plan to prevent Trump from becoming the nominee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

A part of me wonders what happens if Hillary completely flubs the debate tonight. How the hell does anyone handle that?

Hillary's campaign team, noting the positive reaction to her shimmy in the first debate, advise her to begin each question tonight by doing an increasingly elaborate jig.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm actually kinda wondering about this. How will 2020 look? Unless she does devastating stuff during her presidency (she wont) what are they going to attack her with? Will they just repeat the exact same warmed up stories and hope that she suddenly forgot how to defend against them?

They're going to blow up every minor issue she has while in office into a faux-controversy that requires an FBI investigation and an impeachment attempt.

• Locked thread