Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Kulkasha posted:

I heard a rumor that Glen Beck & the Mormonati would attempt a Mittens spoiler run, forcing the presidential decision to go to Congress.

Why would the decision to go Congress if Hillary won 538 EVs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

bad boy in the boy band posted:

The only thing, and I mean the absolute ONLY thing that could make this any better is if Trump really WAS a secret liberal and ran an ironic campaign and then set about tanking once he got the nomination to throw it to HIllary.

That was an extreme longshot to begin with, but now with that video it's impossible.

I have called this the Mantrumpian candidate theory ever since the first GOP debate when I was reminded that he and Bill are friends.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

greatn posted:

Wait I thought they didn't betray him as a source, but when it came out he was the source they reported on it as any newspaper would and editorial was not on his side.

It didn't "come out", as soon as someone said they wanted to congratulate who leaked the info, Snowden ran as fast as he could to the nearest camera.
I think OP means betray in the sense of not saying he should be locked up for what he did because you found him useful.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

gfsincere posted:

That's doing entirely too much. Just use a VPN that doesn't keep records in Europe, upload to the WaPo server.

I'm betting dollars to donuts the file is sitting on a windows share, and windows doesn't keep logs of files copied natively, and seeing some of the data center solutions for TV networks and tv shows, its a snowballs chance in hell they have any real DLP solutions.

I am no expert on any such matters, so my thoughts on what I would do in such a situation will tend toward being over cautious.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't get the whole "wait until the debate". even before this tape dropped everyone knew he was gonna get crushed again. it's gonna be 100 times worse now to drop him after the debate now that the tape is out and they said they're opening with questions about it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Captain Fargle posted:

It doesn't matter if it makes strict logical sense. It's a COLOSSAL violation of journalistic ethics. You don't turn around and betray your sources like that.

They didn't, though. Snowden's name was already in the public eye before the NYP suggested that he should be indicted for stealing classified documents.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Mon dieu how deep does the Trump/Russia rabbit hole go!!!!!

quote:

Mark Burnett Pursuing Vladimir Putin as Next Reality TV Star

The superproducer behind 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' wants to create "a series of shows from the eyes of leaders of nations." Following Putin? Fidel Castro.

This story first appeared in the July 3 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine. To receive the magazine, click here to subscribe.

Mark Burnett can see Russia from his office.

The reality TV superproducer behind the TLC hit Sarah Palin's Alaska -- along with NBC stalwart The Voice, CBS' Survivor and ABC's Shark Tank, among others -- has his eye on a series that would go inside the world of global government leaders. First on his wish list: Russia's Vladimir Putin. If all goes as he hopes, others, including Cuba's Fidel Castro, would follow.

"I want this to be a series of shows from the eyes of leaders of nations about their countries," Burnett, 54, tells THR, "not through the lens of a news organization."

Burnett, who with wife Roma Downey has become a top scripted TV producer in addition to his reality empire, cites Palin's Alaska, which shattered TLC records when it premiered to 5 million viewers in late 2010, as an example of what he would like to do. Rather than focus on the former Alaska governor and 2008 vice presidential candidate's political life, the docuseries showcased her personal experiences in Alaska: ice trekking, salmon fishing, baking for her children. In promoting the series, Burnett noted consistently how disinterested he is in politics. (He might need to begin caring because his host on NBC's The Celebrity Apprentice, Donald Trump, declared June 16 that he is running for president, prompting a statement from the network that it is "reevaluating" his role on the long-running franchise.)

Seeing Russia through its controversial president's eyes has Burnett so excited, he already has reached out to Putin, 62, a noted outdoorsman and former KGB officer. He says he emphasized his show would be devoid of armies and politics; rather, it would focus on "the humans, the nature, the animals of the nation." When it is suggested the Russian leader probably would ignore such a request, Burnett, who recently wrapped filming a Ben-Hur remake in Rome, cracks a smile: "How do you know that? I would think I could probably get through to most people."

So, if he did get through, what was the reaction? Responds Burnett coyly, "No comment."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mark-burnett-pursuing-vladimir-putin-804454

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Bushiz posted:

Why would the decision to go Congress if Hillary won 538 EVs?

There is a secret article in the Constitution that states if anybody with a uterus wins the presidency it must be approved by the men in the House of Representatives. The founding fathers thought of everything.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

duz posted:

It didn't "come out", as soon as someone said they wanted to congratulate who leaked the info, Snowden ran as fast as he could to the nearest camera.
I think OP means betray in the sense of not saying he should be locked up for what he did because you found him useful.

Well that's ridiculous. Journalists have a responsibility to not give up their sources and to protect their identities, they don't have a responsibility to take their sides and carry their water.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Reminder that Mitt enabled and emboldened Trump's birther poo poo.

Whence is that knocking?
How is't with me, when every noise appalls me?
What hands are here? Hah! They pluck out mine eyes.
Will all great Neptune's oceans wash this rust
Clean from my hand? No; this my hand will rather
The multitudinous seas in-tangerine,
Making the green one orange.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

a.lo posted:

hillary is going to cheat yet again and the media is going to allow it. what else to do?

Hillary personally rigged every ballot and voting machine in her favor. So yes, it's rigged. Duh.

But Trump is going to win. In a rigged election. And somehow this all flows in the mind of a Trump supporter.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Governor of goddamn Tennessee just called for Trump to step down! :laugh:

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Trump has lost Glen Beck...
https://www.facebook.com/GlennBeck/posts/10154622008673188

quote:

Every person, each of us must decide what is a bridge too far.

Mike Lee has obviously reached that point, where the moral compromise his party is asking him to make is simply beyond what is acceptable.

It is not acceptable to ask a moral, dignified man to cast his vote to help elect an immoral man who is absent decency or dignity.

If the consequence of standing against Trump and for principles is indeed the election of Hillary Clinton, so be it. At least it is a moral, ethical choice.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i thought beck had already talked about trump being a loon.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Bishounen Bonanza posted:

For everyone predicting the end of the republican party, that's going to be a long drawn out process that is only just starting. First Hillary has to win the presidency, then she has to get a liberal supreme court nominee confirmed, then the court has to hear a case on gerrymandering and rule it unconstitutional, at the same time the dems and Hillary have to give a poo poo, grow some balls, and make a huge push against gerrymandering, then dems retake power in a bunch of state legislatures, then dems get a lock on the senate and the house, then the republican party dies. While all this is going on Hillary has to prevent infighting withing the various democratic power blocks that are no longer held together by having a powerful common enemy. Expect the republicans to stay strong and poo poo on Hillary all thru her first term. The gerrymandering thing is critical to saving this country. It is the most important issue along with overturning citizens united, and Hillarys main contribution to this country might be her supreme court pick that will allow those issues to be resolved.

I don't mind if the party stays intact and doesn't literally implode into various fragmented third parties, I'd be happy with the GOP simply becoming an impotent rump party and unable to ever make meaningful policy decisions again.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
If I had access to the n-word tape, my price would be the cost of all penalties I may have to contractually pay, the cost to defend myself from any lawsuits from anyone, the cost to settle those suits and/or pay the judgment from those lawsuits, plus $x million, where x = some large number that would ensure I wouldn't have to work again.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

He never had him.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

They will compare Hilary to their favorite anime villain.

Imaging that shot from Death Note of L introducing himself behind Light, except it's Hillary behind Donald.

Or Hillary with headphones on: "Just according to keikaku"

(Translators note: keikaku means plan)

Also...
https://twitter.com/darth/status/785213574851407872

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

sean10mm posted:

Governor of goddamn Tennessee just called for Trump to step down! :laugh:

NIce ninja edit. I was going to suggest everyone calls him "Turmp" for the duration of the election.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

smg77 posted:

There is a secret article in the Constitution that states if anybody with a uterus wins the presidency it must be approved by the men in the House of Representatives. The founding fathers thought of everything.

It's true, Article 2 Section 8==D

speng31b
May 8, 2010

farraday posted:

It's true, Article 2 Section 8==D

Yes.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Beck already didn't like him. He's loving crazy but at least his crazy has some structural consistency.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Trump never had Glenn Beck.

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
The Fate of Pepe the Frog: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y6z781uoP4&t=25s

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Turns out the reason it took so long for Donald to put out that statement was that there were originally other plans afoot: https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/785110034674057216

Hey Donald hope that prenup is still valid :grin:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Themagicalgoat posted:

You're making me wish the US had a shadow cabinet and Trump made his own party. The fun things those boys would get up to in the locker room of their clubhouse...

If you squint hard enough, the rolls of Christie's stomach fat look just similar enough to a pussy for Trump to grab... :barf:

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Crazy Ted posted:

Turns out the reason it took so long for Donald to put out that statement was that there were originally other plans afoot: https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/785110034674057216

Somebody's not getting any alimony in the near future...

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Young Freud posted:

That was Pam Bondi, wasn't it? Same woman who accepted a campaign donation from Trump for ruling in his favor when Trump University lawsuit reached her door.

All this poo poo's connected by poo poo.

Yes. Also just in case my original posts wasn't clear, she has anti LGBT stuff in her past, so the brownie points thing is especially craven.

Those regressive shitheels had to do some minor hate calc in their heads.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

lozzle posted:

Somebody's not getting any alimony in the near future...

No, but he might still take her furniture shopping.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

If you squint hard enough, the rolls of Christie's stomach fat look just similar enough to a pussy for Trump to grab... :barf:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/tolokno/status/784966600642269184

I knew that Hillary was a Russian plant! I just knew it! :mad:

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Imagine Donald Trump
Fisting a Moose Knuckle
Forever

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
For those of you keeping track, Chelsea Manning was recently convicted of possessing contraband following her attempted suicide in solitary (i.e. the tools with which she was going to commit suicide) and was sentenced to more solitary.

She has now gone missing and has not been heard from in 5 days, repeatedly missing scheduled calls to supporters.

https://mobile.twitter.com/evan_greer/status/785180222933131264

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ComradeCosmobot posted:

For those of you keeping track, Chelsea Manning was recently convicted of possessing contraband following her attempted suicide in solitary (i.e. the tools with which she was going to commit suicide) and was sentenced to more solitary.

She has now gone missing and has not been heard from in 5 days, repeatedly missing scheduled calls to supporters.

Whoa whoa whoa

You're allowed to Tweet from prison?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Crazy Ted posted:

She was standing there, she had nothing to say. She probably -- maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say, you tell me.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ComradeCosmobot posted:

She is absolutely in solitary confinement and probably bashed her head repeatedly against a wall to end it. Because putting suicidal people in solitary confinement is a terrible idea.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

This is literally a rout then. So in every bad war movie when the cowardly King/CO/Commander/etc starts freaking out and screaming to run and save yourselves that is going to be Priebus on the conference call:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Oh dear God no

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

Trump is acting as the source with the NYT isn't he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

EugeneJ posted:

Whoa whoa whoa

You're allowed to Tweet from prison?

I believe she has some supporters posting on her behalf, based on comments made in phone calls with her.

• Locked thread