Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
CNN Trump flak: Trump apologized more than Hillary therefore he wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Nucleic Acids posted:

I think it was a close win, but a win for Trump. How it plays out alongside the Access Hollywood tape is another matter.

The guy was literally on the virge of falling apart. He always went over time, constantly interrupted, refused to answer questions, and deflected all blame. He lost pretty good, he just didn't completely break down and poo poo the bed.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

This Van Jones guy on CNN is pretty good. I was thinking the exact same thing.

Edit: the jail, the video apology, and how Trump doing better will be overall a win for Clinton, because she has debate 3 to hammer it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Who is this blonde lady on CNN who is a total Trump surrogate

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

We, as a human species, deserve the outcome. Whatever it may be. That makes me feel better.

As a Canadian.

How's your apparently horrible medical system working out for you

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Bad Moon posted:

Lol CNN guy just said he couldn't believe that the best Trump could say was he was not as bad as ISIS and crowd cheered.

The bar cannot be any lower for Trump and he's still failing. That's what I keep trying to remind myself despite his rabid supporters.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

SunAndSpring posted:

I doubt Trump will be able to reverse momentum here. Maaaaaybe he clings on to ~20% chances on poo poo like 538, but he won't gain. I feel there's too much poo poo that's primed to come out that will gently caress him, and all those sound clips of him threatening to arrest Hillary will not be a boon.
And the post-pussy-tape polls haven't even come out yet.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chelb posted:

At no point in that debate - if you want to call it that - could you point to donald trump and say, "These are the words of a competent human being." It was pathetic, it was whiny. Your average eight year old has an equivalent capacity for speaking.

If you haven't caught the debate yet, the replay's going to be all over youtube

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Donkwich posted:

How's your apparently horrible medical system working out for you

I'm sick of it too, so I'll let you know in 2020403 years

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Julias posted:

The guy was literally on the virge of falling apart. He always went over time, constantly interrupted, refused to answer questions, and deflected all blame. He lost pretty good, he just didn't completely break down and poo poo the bed.

He just barely held it together for 90 minutes. If I believed there was a chance in hell he was going to win this election, I would be loving terrified.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Guys:

Trump threatened to jail his political opponent

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

nine-gear crow posted:

Kellyanne Conway on MSNBC w/ Chris Matthews also rechaining herself to the garbage fire.

unless

unless naw nothing in particular

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm Kelly-Anne Conway and I can't answer a question.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I know a lot of people that go back to the U.S to get their operation. His name is Brock Lesnar, and he is more than one person

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
holy poo poo at Chris Matthews facial reaction after that interview

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Trump lost. But he did way better than ever before, and he will just continue to lie and cheat and go on and on and on about poo poo until the election.
He thinks he won, and his base thinks he won and maybe even the republicans who was teetering to abandon this election.

This is a good thing.

It means he, and them, are going to stay in the election until the very end, an election Hillary has all but won already. That means there isnīt going to be a dolchstoss legend and Trump is going to walk into his defeat like a happy idiot. Earlier today I wondered what would happen if he just abandoned it all, ran away crying 'IT WUZ RIGGED!!' before d-day, but now the trumpstaffel and every future american fascist is going to see him loose. It will be undeniable. And that is so ridiculously good like I can't imagine, it is yhuge.
No stab in the back legends. They are going to go to the test happily. And that will destroy them and the republican party. Donald Trump will get his loving oats.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The only time I've ever been proud of a 90 minute performance for merely 'lasting' has been after sex. Then again I cared about what she felt.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

Which part of her foreign policy answers did you disagree with and why?
No-fly zone and a "safe zone" in Syria. Both because of the risk of drawing the US into direct military conflict with Russia. The latter especially because forming a "safe zone" would require committing thousands of US ground troops

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

disjoe posted:

Guys:

She committed a crime

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Copying from the USPol thread because lol:

disjoe posted:

Guys:

But does that get any traction in the media? Chris Christie did it at the RNC and it only got angry grunts from left-leaning publications. It also got big applause in the debate hall.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

EugeneJ posted:

If you haven't caught the debate yet, the replay's going to be all over youtube

Remember the part where he segued from his long and illustrated history of sexual assault and intent to the Islamic State? I do.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
That debate went pretty much like I originally expected the first debate to. Hillary demonstrated her substantive policy knowledge, Trump spoke in word salads when he strayed away from his zingers, and the media's going to declare Trump the winner because Hillary didn't absolutely destroy him like was expected. Overall, I think it was a wash. Trump needed to dominate that debate to salvage his campaign, and he did not. This might pull him out of freefall, but I don't think it's going to stop the damage pussygate's already done.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
I thought Hillary was better and Trump worst than the first debate. What the hell

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

oh wait sorry

you're a real transparent troll

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

She committed a crime
Conspiracy to commit murder. Apparently she didn't succeed.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

disjoe posted:

Guys:

Yeah it was totally insane, I wonder if the media will say anything about it.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

disjoe posted:

Guys:

Talked about Isis when confronted with Pussyghazi

Rolled out the primary red meat wagon midway through the debate

Repeated the Iraq lie

Admitted again that he hasn't paid taxes

A Muslim woman asked him about Islamophobia and he flew into another two minute rant on Isis

The Muslim ban is still on

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

EugeneJ posted:

She committed a crime

That's why the FBI has issued an arrest warrant after their investigation.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Coheed and Camembert posted:

But does that get any traction in the media? Chris Christie did it at the RNC and it only got angry grunts from left-leaning publications. It also got big applause in the debate hall.

That was the Republican primary.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chomskyan posted:

Yeah it was totally insane, I wonder if the media will say anything about it.

CNN people are in disbelief over it. Well, the non Trump ones at least.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bad Moon posted:

CNN people are in disbelief over it. Well, the non Trump ones at least.
Jeffrey Lord was laughing.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I think what's interesting will be the response of women to the debate. Most of the pundits talking about this are male, and as such I don't think we're seeing a comprehensive female viewpoint on it.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bad Moon posted:

That's why the FBI has issued an arrest warrant after their investigation.

How's that Clinton Foundation investigation going

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Bwahahaha,

Kellyanne Conway: "I'm with Trump until the bitter end. Unless...."

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

EugeneJ posted:

How's that Clinton Foundation investigation going

Better than the Trump Foundation. Feel free to donate in the state of New York. Oh wait...

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

At least Trump doesn't have any parking tickets...!

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Never mind the pretty awful attempts to get the african american and hispanic voting population on his side

which read so much more like dogwhistling than anything else

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Crazy Ted posted:

Actually in some of the older debates you can see that part of what the moderator did is directly challenge the candidate. There's a moment from one of the Ford-Carter debates where one of the moderators directly responds to an answer by Gerald Ford with something that was basically "Wait is that seriously your answer?"

I can see that, sure but I don't really know how it won't come off as a bias or badgering the candidates and putting attention more on the moderators than the candidates answering questions. I mean if they're going to answer in a profoundly stupid way let people put together the response was profoundly stupid rather than continuing to blast them with more questions. Trump is an idiot no doubt but I think he should have just let it be and be more stringent with both of them going way over their limits for a response.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/785296899607760896?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Chelb posted:

I think what's interesting will be the response of women to the debate. Most of the pundits talking about this are male, and as such I don't think we're seeing a comprehensive female viewpoint on it.

CNN just had a good point that this was up against SNF. That combined with the tape release, I imagine the audience is largely female.

• Locked thread