Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I heard it referred to as 'the new Wii'. Also I hear :xbone: being used from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I use :xbone:. It's a good nickname for it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Dreamcast is a top tier console name

e: Master System is also extremely good

Saturn is too. I like their consoles its just I was never a SEGA kid and the only person in our school who owned a genesis also had pet bugs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How can I give my children's toy a more serious name so I don't out myself as a gigantic manchild?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I said come in! posted:

How can I give my children's toy a more serious name so I don't out myself as a gigantic manchild?

TESTTOSTERTOYS

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Use code words so you're like 'I'm collecting stamps' when referring to playing on the NDS. You just have to be careful not to say that sometimes you're collecting stamps when taking a dump.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Megadrive or Genesis, which was the better name

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

They are computers, just like the PC! They play Netflix! Mom and dad don't have to shake their heads at me anymore.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

I think Megadrive. It sounds more badass

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fancy a spot o' Probotector on the Megadrive?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Megadrive fits better.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

credburn posted:

So I'm baffled. When did SNES and NES start being pronounced phonetically? Were they ALWAYS pronounced phonetically, but apparently just not where I grew up (Oregon)? Is it a new trend that has just like, gone viral? Was it regional? When I hear these words it hurts my ears. It's like when someone says I live in "Or-ee-gawn." I mean, I guess that's subjective, but it feels awful.

I've always said / heard it said either as "sness" or "Super NES."

well why not posted:

'the bone' is the typical way to refer to xbox one.

and 360 for the xbox 360

FirstAidKite posted:

Turbo Grafx 16

raditts fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Oct 10, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

FirstAidKite posted:

They should name more consoles after the books of the Bible.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

They should name more consoles after the books of the Bible.

Or after Phil Collins bands.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

smh if you don't call them all Nintendo like your gramma does.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The official Nintendo magazine from the UK called the ps2 the "greystation poo", and for some reason that was okay

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's weird that those magazines still exist

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

The official Nintendo magazine from the UK called the ps2 the "greystation poo", and for some reason that was okay

You used to get adverts where companies would directly poo poo talk the competition's consoles, it was a simpler time.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Help Im Alive posted:

It's weird that those magazines still exist
That one doesn't.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Here come the Toads bringing the funk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GRtTFaIJD4

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Super Nintendo" or nothing. Sness has always sounded terrible.

It's also hard to say Super Nintendo and not immediately follow it with "Sega Genesis when I was dead broke man I couldn't picture this."

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Phantasium posted:

smh if you don't call them all Nintendo like your gramma does.

The kids and their Nintardos

I always said Nintendo and Super Nintendo, though occasionally NES and SNES. I never heard "sness" and "nez" until talking with Brit goons last year.

Meanwhile, Sega was always "the Sega" until the Dreamcast came out.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I never heard anyone say "ness" or "sness" until the last decade or so.

Dreamcast is deffo the best console, and the best console name, though.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I started playing Yakuza 4 Saturday, the first one I've played. It's very good, but I don't think I like the hostess stuff and I'll be skipping it. Everything else is fun + Cool/good.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I always just called it "the soups"

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
The Super Sness.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
When my best friend in elementary school wanted a Super Nintendo for his birthday, his mom refused that year under the reasoning that there would just be a "Super Duper Nintendo" the next year.

I kind of wish there was.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

bloodychill posted:

When my best friend in elementary school wanted a Super Nintendo for his birthday, his mom refused that year under the reasoning that there would just be a "Super Duper Nintendo" the next year.

Oh man, I'm sorry you missed out on the SDNES. We all enjoyed the hell out of that one. Too bad you can't even emulate it anymore. Sorry man, that really sucks.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CrashCat posted:

Oh man, I'm sorry you missed out on the SDNES. We all enjoyed the hell out of that one. Too bad you can't even emulate it anymore. Sorry man, that really sucks.

We're already on the SD2SNES scrub.

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/sd2snes-deluxe.html

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mr E posted:

I started playing Yakuza 4 Saturday, the first one I've played. It's very good, but I don't think I like the hostess stuff and I'll be skipping it. Everything else is fun + Cool/good.

in dead souls you can have the hostesses come with you on zombie hunting runs

sadly it is still a bad game

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

bloodychill posted:

She had a dark premonition of the future of gaming

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Jay Rust posted:

Sega Dreampants

Sakurazuka posted:

You used to get adverts where companies would directly poo poo talk the competition's consoles, it was a simpler time.

I did like that one time when an official Nintendo magazine gave a glowing preview to 40 Winks and then it became a Playstation exclusive so the ads for a PSX game had a glowing endorsement from their competitor :owned:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish that Toy Commander was available on systems besides the dreamcast so that I could have a hope of one day playing it again

Toy Commander is such a great game

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I need to get a CD burner and burn all the DC classics before CD-Rs are phased out completely

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
Is there an H1Z1: King of the Hill thread? I've been playing it a bit and it seems like it could be fun with a team.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Guy Mann posted:

Sega Dreampants

Dreampants sound awesome. Who wouldn't wanna walk around town showing off their Dreampants?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Dreampants sound awesome. Who wouldn't wanna walk around town showing off their Dreampants?

It means underwear in the UK.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/YourFriendMario/status/785510215743631360

Bless

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/YourFriendMario/status/784830731780521984

Thanks Mario, this really helped me understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU