Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Jeez, I wonder if the other polls that are due to come out will be so damning

14 points in the two way?! And WSJ typically leans right, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

That is just one poll at the worst moment of Trump's campaign so don't start getting too excited.

Still, goddamn

Sure, sure, but that's not the end of the damaging oppo waiting to be dropped.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

vyelkin posted:

Disappointing but she is 83 years old so this is probably a generational thing

gently caress em. Standing for the national anthem is part of their job. If that's too much for them they can find something else to do.

But that would require actual sacrifice on their part.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Josh Lyman posted:

Is anyone else concerned that these numbers are coming a full 4 weeks before Election Day instead of closer to it?

Means we have more time to bury them all. :getin:

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

That is just one poll at the worst moment of Trump's campaign so don't start getting too excited.

Still, goddamn

You don't know that this is the low point, though.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Guys.

This isn't an outlier.
https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/785513373165318144
:unsmigghh::unsmigghh::unsmigghh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

comingafteryouall posted:

You don't know that this is the low point, though.

Well, low point so far. If the rumored Super Disaster Doom Tape comes out then yeah.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Pictured the Senate and House Races:

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I think the debate would have stabilized Trump's numbers, if Paul Ryan hadn't effectively conceded the race.

The story that will dominate the news cycle today is the GOP conference call and Ryan's statements. That will significantly hinder any possible gains Trump made by not making GBS threads on stage last night.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I ran here as a fast as I could, but it's too late to tell Noam Chomsky"nice meltdown". It was really nice though.

But not as nice as Ç+14 :getin:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

WampaLord posted:

She's white.

That's not really a good excuse.

I wish just once a reporter would ask what exactly is "arrogant" or "stupid" about what they are doing since that sort of stuff gets thrown around as common sense but I'd love to hear RGB have to actually explain why because I think she'd have a hard time doing so without falling back on blind patriotism, military worship, or discounting systemic racism.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

SimonCat posted:

gently caress em. Standing for the national anthem is part of their job. If that's too much for them they can find something else to do.

But that would require actual sacrifice on their part.

The hottest of takes.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

Also she attested in an affidavit to the contrary, and refused to go public about it until she was pressured by Jones.

Oh huh. I didn't know that. Well I feel more confident in my opinion on it now.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Is anyone else concerned that these numbers are coming a full 4 weeks before Election Day instead of closer to it?

There are rumours that there are even worse tapes out there that if they come out would be coming out even closer to election day, so no.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

that poll was collected on Friday, right? What day did the whole "Grab her pussy" thing come out? Friday as well?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

TeenageArchipelago posted:

that poll was collected on Friday, right? What day did the whole "Grab her pussy" thing come out? Friday as well?

It's the first post video, pre-debate poll we got.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

ImpAtom posted:

Still, goddamn

Trump stopped the exponential rate of change last night into a linear rate of change.

His ceiling is sub 40%. This is bonkers.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Yes, the poll was Friday and Saturday. So 100% post-pussy and pre-debate.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Radish posted:

I wish just once a reporter would ask what exactly is "arrogant" or "stupid" about what they are doing since that sort of stuff gets thrown around as common sense but I'd love to hear RGB have to actually explain why because I think she'd have a hard time doing so without falling back on blind patriotism, military worship, or discounting systemic racism.

I don't think it was an excuse, merely an explanation. White people suck.

I say this as a white male.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

:vince:

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

And we still have Trump telling people to split the ticket/don't show up for the people who abandoned him to look forward to.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/danmericaCNN/status/785512517875499008

This is important. People want to be part of the winning team and if polls predict a blowout a lot of the people voting against Clinton might just stay home, which is good news for downballot races.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Edit: gently caress youtube links, just go listen to slayer now

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

lozzle posted:

I don't think it was an excuse, merely an explanation. White people suck.

I say this as a white male.

Yeah fair enough. :smith:

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
If there is a landslide result it'll feed into the Trump supporters' narrative of rigging and GOPe betrayal. If this results in the death of the GOP :gizz:

Don't let these fuckers rebound in two years.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lozzle posted:

I don't think it was an excuse, merely an explanation.

Yes, exactly. She's never had to face police brutality or anything like it because she's white.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Noam Chomsky posted:

I said I was sorry for misinterpreting the video. The context I thought I had for the video, the fact that I only watched a short bit of it, and the fact that I just don't take anything involving politics or campaigns at face value, resulted in me assuming the girl was crying crocodile tears and I made a bad post.

There's a video trending on YouTube, right now, from Brietbart, with Juanita Broaddrick, reliving her alleged rape by Bill Clinton and intimidation by Hillary. Do you take that at face value? Is it fair to be skeptical of that? My takeaway here, aside from me being a horrible monster, is that you should take anything involving sexual assault at face value, even when it involves political campaigns.

Ask your wife if she would assume Juanita Broaddrick would fake crying about her sexual assault.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If Clinton's favorables and "for instead of against" really are on the rise that's probably the most significant thing about the polls. It means it isn't just a swing to "gently caress Donald Trump" but people actually getting behind Clinton. The latter is more solid support.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Probably not, but he should. The GOP basically got to stall the nomination in case a Republican won the WH, and then if they lose they still get the compromise candidate Obama offered them.

(And yes, on age alone, Garland was a compromise and everyone knows that especially Obama and Garland.)

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I dunno guys, my soldiers in XCom miss 90% shots all the time :ohdear:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

djw175 posted:

Oh huh. I didn't know that. Well I feel more confident in my opinion on it now.
The affidavit was filed with Jones' lawyers, no less.

But to be fair, there is some disagreement among Very Serious People about her claim's level of credibility.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

it's possible some poll responders did not know about Pussghazi yet, as I believe the news broke later in the day

if true, then Trump is extra hosed

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dr Christmas posted:

We ain't save scumming this election, chief.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Radish posted:

I'll go with patriotism as she has been instrumental in moving things forward from within the system and as such probably really really believes in it. Criticizing the system as a whole (which is the point of burning the flag or kneeling during the anthem or whatever) would then strike her as inappropriate because look at how much progress we've made!

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
So what exactly did Paul Ryan say about The Trumpet?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dr Christmas posted:

:xcom:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

GOP strategist:

https://twitter.com/murphymike/status/785514622547734528

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
Like I don't get why any Democrat would be so gleeful that the GOP is going to 'back down' and confirm Garland in the lame duck. It's the best case scenario for them in the situation where they are losing the Presidential election. Yes, you're probably right, but it's still bad news.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

"I can't exactly unendorse but he's hosed save yourselves."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

reportedly on a conference call he conceded the race is over

• Locked thread