Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Lockback posted:

The dark side of tinder.

Legit hosed up and literally theft. I'd have gone to the police immediately; she might as well have taken a fistful of hundreds out of your wallet, but this seems even worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I liked this one.

quote:

We've been together for almost two years. She works from home doing editing, but most of her time is spent with her dogs. She is a working owner (I guess, I don't know the lingo) with two belgian shepherds and two sighthounds. She gets up around 4 every morning to run them and then takes the belgians to a nearby farm to herd. Basically the rest of the day she spends hiking and going to classes and stuff with them.

This is all good with me, and I think it's great she has a little hobby to entertain her. We've been talking about moving in together (she owns a house so I would move in there). It's great for dogs, she has a lot of land, and I always enjoy being over there. The dogs are extremely well trained so it's not crazy at all (when my gf is there. I had to dogsit for a day once and forgot to exercise them and it was really scary because the belgians got wild and destroyed a bunch of stuff and were biting near my face and throwing toys at me. She hasn't let me dogsit since but we've moved passed it).

Anyway, she's a huge animal lover. Anytime we go to someone's house with a pet, they're immediately drawn to my girlfriend and she spends most of the time playing with them.
Well, a couple days ago I told my girlfriend I wanted to get a husky. I expected her to be really excited because both her sighthounds are the same breed, and both her belgian shepherds are the same variety so thought she would like something new.

She was not into the idea, at all. She said something like, "Huskies are completely unappealing to me in almost every way. They don't have the type of drive I need for what we do. Unless you plan on not moving in and raising this dog entirely yourself, I am not okay with this."

So basically she thinks the responsibility of this dog is going to be on her if I move in. She's also telling me doesn't have room for 5 dogs and two people in her car (she has these weird expensive crate things in her car and can fit her current 4 dogs).

I don't know what to do at this point. I really want a husky and I know she will fall in love with it if she just opens up to the idea. How can I convince her?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I've never owned a dog and have barely tried to help my expert dog owner girlfriend with her four, but I watched a documentary about the iditarod and I tooootally want a huskie!!! Why doesn't my bitch of a girlfriend want me to move a fifth difficult dog in whose care will inevitably get foisted onto her when I get bored of dog ownership after 3 months???

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I liked this one.
She said something like, "Huskies are completely unappealing to me in almost every way. They don't have the type of drive I need for what we do. Unless you plan on not moving in and raising this dog entirely yourself, I am not okay with this."

The dogs are the boyfriend. He is the side action.
Also lol at "a little hobby" that is the central focus of her life and consumes most of her time.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

shut up blegum posted:

My first guess here is she's a dancer or something? I don't know why though.
I'm going to guess comedy, maybe some kind of touring show? I worked for Second City in college and the comedians/everyone who worked there was evenly split between "horrible pile of autism who will never touch a member of the sex they are attracted to" and "everyone bones each other with maximum drama".

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Regulation Size posted:

Legit hosed up and literally theft. I'd have gone to the police immediately; she might as well have taken a fistful of hundreds out of your wallet, but this seems even worse.

Yeah and considering he knows her numbers it's not like he can't get her tracked down for this.

Regulation Size posted:

Also lol at "a little hobby" that is the central focus of her life and consumes most of her time.

Yeah that guy doesn't seem to understand what's going on. She clearly uses her dogs for essentially a career and life, that isn't a hobby. She doesn't want a dog that'd do nothing for her be foisted on her, and the whole "fall in love after I get it" is literally the worst argument.

C-SPAN Caller fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 10, 2016

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Bamabalacha posted:

I'm going to guess comedy, maybe some kind of touring show? I worked for Second City in college and the comedians/everyone who worked there was evenly split between "horrible pile of autism who will never touch a member of the sex they are attracted to" and "everyone bones each other with maximum drama".

Nah, I'm guessing some sort of circus/areial/cirque du soeilel related thing.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

Regulation Size posted:

Her husband is 4 dogs in an overcoat.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

quote:

(when my gf is there. I had to dogsit for a day once and forgot to exercise them and it was really scary because the belgians got wild and destroyed a bunch of stuff and were biting near my face and throwing toys at me. She hasn't let me dogsit since but we've moved passed it).
lol dude probably shouldn't get a husky.

That poor girl.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

lol"hobby"

Also, SHE'S TOTALLY NOT CRAZY GUYS.

When you have to qualify your statements with something like that, yeahhhhhh she cray

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Yeah and considering he knows her numbers it's not like he can't get her tracked down for this.

If the puppies aren't old enough to crawl out of a dog bed, they are still nursing infants. Their eyes probably aren't even open yet, much less weaned and ready to start doing normal dog stuff. She is probably gonna end up killing this puppy if he doesn't/didn't pursue the matter loving immediately.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

My neighbor growing up had two huskies that she barely took care of that attacked our terrier when they got out of their fenced area. Huskies are a high energy high maintenance dog that need a lot of care and are not a good herding or hunting working dog, they drive sleds in winter conditions. So unless they're in Alaska their use as a breed is zero.

Also they shed a fuckton all year round if you don't live in a frozen hellscape.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

La Brea Carpet posted:

If that's the case, it's even worse for the boyfriend. Way less autism and craaaaaazy sex.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Regulation Size posted:

If the puppies aren't old enough to crawl out of a dog bed, they are still nursing infants. Their eyes probably aren't even open yet, much less weaned and ready to start doing normal dog stuff. She is probably gonna end up killing this puppy if he doesn't/didn't pursue the matter loving immediately.

Wouldn't be shocked to be honest if after stealing the puppy it died on her and now she's avoiding him thinking the problem will go away and he didn't react quick enough.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Wouldn't be shocked to be honest if after stealing the puppy it died on her and now she's avoiding him thinking the problem will go away and he didn't react quick enough.

Ugh.:cry:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I don't think she sounds crazy, she just doesn't want to commit to taking care of a fifth dog for a decade with absolutely no thought being put into it at all. The OP sounds like an idiot who never thinks ahead longer than a month. In the comments he already deleted one where he wrote asking how he can convince her that "she wouldn't have all the responsibility", ie, still admitting she'd have some.

It's like buying a tuba on a whim when you live with a professional symphony musician, only you gave up on day one when you tried to learn the violin, and the tuba is a living breathing creature that dies if you don't play it twice a day.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah I legit feel bad for that puppy :smith:

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

C-SPAN Caller posted:

That's a bummer to think about :(

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

why won't she let me impulse buy this dog? but mommmm!!!!

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think she sounds crazy, she just doesn't want to commit to taking care of a fifth dog for a decade with absolutely no thought being put into it at all. The OP sounds like an idiot who never thinks ahead longer than a month. In the comments he already deleted one where he wrote asking how he can convince her that "she wouldn't have all the responsibility", ie, still admitting she'd have some.

It's like buying a tuba on a whim when you live with a professional symphony musician, only you gave up on day one when you tried to learn the violin, and the tuba is a living breathing creature that dies if you don't play it twice a day.

She doesn't sound crazy at all, it sounds like she makes a small amount of income raising working dogs that help with herding, which can make a decent chunk of change as well.

It's still incredibly revealing that he called that a "small little hobby" and then posted about how training 4 working dogs and keeping them healthy is just fun and shenanigans.

Well taken and bred working dogs are minted gold since they're still incredibly useful when herding cattle and are difficult to raise.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

bone app the teeth posted:

why won't she let me impulse buy this dog? but mommmm!!!!

He should hook up with the dog stealer girl, their impulses would work together great!

Meanwhile cool duck dog tinder guy and dog raising girl should hook up on their love of raising dogs and not being children about them

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Lockback posted:

The dark side of tinder.

Somehow the post is already deleted and locked. Guess the guy must be calling the cops now or its fake?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

La Brea Carpet posted:

That was my guess too, circus/specifically cirque du soleil since they said it was like "the biggest company in the field"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Jeffnote: I am a chosen person and thus allowed to laugh at this. It sounds totally serious and the poster even acknowledged it sounded like a joke.

I [27F] want to get Jewish genetic testing with my husband [29M] before we get pregnant. All he seems to care about is how much it costs.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Dial-a-Dog posted:

That was my guess too, circus/specifically cirque du soleil since they said it was like "the biggest company in the field"

Next Post: My [23M] GF [23F] cheated on me with a flexible, effete French Clown.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Jeffnote: I am a chosen person and thus allowed to laugh at this. It sounds totally serious and the poster even acknowledged it sounded like a joke.

I [27F] want to get Jewish genetic testing with my husband [29M] before we get pregnant. All he seems to care about is how much it costs.

This goyim is about to get his cover blown wide open. Isn't 23andMe like, $30 or something?

Dial-a-Dog posted:

My money's on the WWE. She has to move to Florida and start gettin' some serious mat time.

im cute fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 10, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

What is "Jewish genetic testing" and what does it have to do with pregnancy?
Are they afraid that religion will spread to their kids genetically?

I'm dumb. Someone explain this to me.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

That's a good Jewish joke. Short and to the point.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Regulation Size posted:

This goyim is about to get his cover blown wide open. Isn't 23andMe like, $30 or something?

The genetic testing for Jewish parents can get really specific as you are testing for a handful of diseases that crop up more frequently in that population. You have to go to a genetic counselor and then they send off the test. It's probably very pricey.

Also if you ever study genetic disorders you end up studying a great number of fairly rare diseases that are "of higher incidence in the Jewish and Amish population."

Edit to add: This is because they are fairly genetically isolated populations (a long history of only marrying/reproducing within a small group) which causes genetic defects to crop up more frequently.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Jack Trades posted:

If two Jewish people have a baby, there's a possibility that the baby could be born with Tay sachs(?) which is not a pretty thing.

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
E: Whoops, already been said

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

Jewish people(specifically ashkenazi ones) only really married each other for hundreds of years so they have all sorts of genes that are mostly only present in that population. There are some that have persisted because they are beneficial in heterozygotes and harmful only in homozygotes. Common side effects include sitcom writing and death in childhood.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

HardDiskD posted:

Surely if she's a dancer on tour why would she be 5 days a week away but not on the weekends. :confused:

I don't know.

La Brea Carpet posted:

This was my second guess. But still doesn't fit with bring away in the week and at home in the weekends.
Gosh, I really want to know what this person does for a living!

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
Puppy bandit bitch needs to be arrested

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

La Brea Carpet posted:

Also if you ever study genetic disorders you end up studying a great number of fairly rare diseases that are "of higher incidence in the Jewish and Amish population."
For instance, maple syrup urine disease, which is way less awesome than the most noticeable symptom may make it sound :eng101:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I thought the genetic test was some sort of "Test to see if you are actually Jewish by blood" thing that some particular sect cared about. The fact that it's a disease thing makes my "I don't think you actually need to test" joke fall a little flat.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

shut up blegum posted:

I don't know.

This was my second guess. But still doesn't fit with bring away in the week and at home in the weekends.
Gosh, I really want to know what this person does for a living!

The post just says 4-5 days per week which could be Thursday through Monday for all we know. Comedy option is some sort of traveling evangelical revival show, but more likely a traveling theater troupe of some kind.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

The only occupations I know of that require you to be away for 4-5 days at a time and don't include a bunch of geeks having too much sex are, like, steamboat captain and medical guinea pig.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

La Brea Carpet posted:

The post just says 4-5 days per week which could be Thursday through Monday for all we know. Comedy option is some sort of traveling evangelical revival show, but more likely a traveling theater troupe of some kind.

Bimonthly Comedy evangelical orgies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Panfilo posted:

Bimonthly Comedy evangelical orgies.

Nailin' Jesus on the Cross

Coming soon to a church near you.